Create Account

S56 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects

Hey everyone! I'm thecanadiancanuck, and I'm the co-GM for the Vancouver Whalers. These questions really help us to get to know all of you for the upcoming SMJHL draft! Getting into the questions now:

Player Name:

Player Position:

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day):

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?:

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link):

What sort of player are you looking to build?:

Do you know anyone on the site?:

Who is your favorite NHL team?:

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?:

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167 or boom#9539):

Feel free to PM or Discord our head GM @dmills3 or myself @"thecanadiancanuck" if you have any other queries.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 08:45 PM by Ruggsy.)

Player Name: Ruggs McOoooh

Player Position: LD 

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 5

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yep

Are you in the Rookie Discord: Yep

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Shutdown defender, an absolute unit of omega puck stopage

Do you know anyone on the site?: Not before joining but now I do from discord

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Islanders, the best team in new york

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Easily Kraft mac and cheese, It definitely depends on my mood but id say my top three are three cheese> shapes (doesnt matter of what) > thick and creamy

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances...: I'm 26 and work in retail management. I love statistical, sim management games. But really all games in general. I'm a huge nerd and started off playing a forum/irc based nation building game forever ago. I love the Islanders. 

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 09:03 PM by Dude.)

Player Name: Rude Sniff

Player Position: RD

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 4

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yes

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): Yes

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Offensive D, mobile, shifty, puck distributor.

Do you know anyone on the site?: I know a fair bit of the people on site. I doubt many of them like me very much.

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Vancouver

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Pizza

I'm a 27 year old mail carrier, I have a second child coming in a month which will give me one of each, and I love music and hockey.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 03:22 PM by Waters.)

Player Name: Wen Baters

Player Position: D

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 5

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: yes

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): i am not, expecting to be in it when i get approved

What sort of player are you looking to build?: two-way D a la Victor Hedman

Do you know anyone on the site?: many people, closest with my Steelhawk boys

Who is your favorite NHL team?: I am from Montreal and lifelong Habs fan

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: I'm not much of a cook, would love to learn though

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167 or boom#9539): just turned 20, taking a break from school so I have a lot more free time though I expect to start working at some point this fall, sort of just hanging out and pursuing creative projects while I figure out what I want to do and get my life on track

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Player Name: Jarmo Kekäläinen

Player Position: LW

Definitely

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link):

Sure am

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Speedy, playmaking winger.

Do you know anyone on the site?: I’ve been around the block so I know a fair amount of members from this site and others

Who is your favorite NHL team?: St Louis

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Probably Tacos!

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level: 28 years old, Two kids. Born and raised in Halifax, now living nearby in Cole Harbour, NS.

Player Name:
Arsene Leclerc

Player Position:
LD

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day):
3/4

yes

yes

Transition/Playmaking D

A bunch of people, not sure who would be in your LR that I know though

Sens + Nucks

Any pastas

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167 or boom#9539):
26, working as a BA, uhhh I play a lot of games on my offtime and watch formula 1 and hockey. Most of the games I play are strategy games now, too lazy to play like high activity+attention games and prefer to just chill out when im home.

Dwayne Gretzky
Left Winger

1. My activity level would be a 5.
2. Yes, I currently use discord in the PBE & ISFL.
3. Yes, I am in the rookie discord.
4. I am looking to build a great passer, along with being a solid shooter.
5. I am sure I do, but couldn't name anyone right off the top of my head. (but I am sure there are others from PBE & ISFL in the SHL)
6. San Jose Sharks
7. My favorite dish to cook is jambalaya
8. I am an IT Manager in my 40's.

Player Name: Jari Heikinnen

Player Position: Defenseman

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 4.

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yes.

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): Yes.

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Offensive, mobile defenceman/rushing defenceman in FHM.

Do you know anyone on the site?: Yeah, I've been here off and on for a while.

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Colorado Avalanche

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Pasta probably.

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level.: Mid-20s grad student.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Player Name: tokkulu lakkamaa

Player Position: RW

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 4

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: yes

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): I am not

What sort of player are you looking to build?: TWF

Do you know anyone on the site?: many people

Who is your favorite NHL team?: the canucks

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: lamb curry

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167 or boom#9539): I'm 21 years old, I'm a cs student that currently works in retail, might go into cloud engineering

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Player Name:
Pablo Salvatici

Player Position:
C

4 or 5

yes

yes

goal scorer

yes

Leafs

I myself don't cook a ton but I'm a fan of pasta

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead.
I'm 19, in uni, like hockey and playing video games

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Player Name: Yanno Rosejac

Player Position: Goalie

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 3

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Y

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): Y

What sort of player are you looking to build?: MVP goalie hopefully

Do you know anyone on the site?: Yes Snoopdogg

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Habs

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?:Steak of coarse

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Player Name: Freyja Hellström

Player Position: LW

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 3.75

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yes

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): Yes!

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Offense focused, scoring superstar

Do you know anyone on the site?: I do not have any pre-existing friendships in the league.

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Colorado Avs

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Chicken Tikka Masala

I'm a freelance writer, so my schedule varies a bit depending on the projects I'm working on. In non-COVID times, I'm an avid traveler. I'm always excited to meet new people.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]

Player Name:
Robin Wright

Player Position:
Center

Snuffalupagus#5894

I don't... think so?

Center screener, with power to win face offs.

Personally? No. Impersonally? No.

I love all teams. But Jets mostest.

I can only make Kraft Dinner. And I'm almost 30. Please don't tell my mom, she will be so disappointed.

My life circumstances? I only live as long as I breathe and bleed.

OH AN' POOP!

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Player Name:
Zdanko Beranek
Player Position:
LW
maybe
noo
penalty kill F
some yes
Arizona
rice cream

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Player Name: Sean Gatez

Player Position: Defense

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?:yes - Goober-Patrol#0457

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): yes

What sort of player are you looking to build?: line shooting defenseman

Do you know anyone on the site?: nope

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Avalanche

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: roasted chicken

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167 or boom#9539): mid 30s, structural engineer living in Denver. Road cycling, board games, beer are my jams

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player