Create Account

S56 Interested Prospects Thread

Do you have any previous sim league experience? No. Ive played FHM6 but just solo. No organized sim leagues or anything.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? I am a full time student with fully online courses. So I am busy but I am on my computer a lot as well so making time to be active weekly shouldn't be too tough.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? I play a variety of games, just built my first PC this winter. I follow the Minnesota Wild. Favorite chips... um I like Jalapeno chips I guess. I like variety.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? This Questions hard to answer because I am new and don't really know what to expect. I'd say if most do 2-3 I'd likely end up in that range. Maybe stay another year to go higher in SHL draft idk.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? I have it. MSandeen4#2491

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? I guess I just want to be on a team with a good group of guys that love hockey. I want to have a competitive team that makes good team decisions so willing to sacrifice for the team if need be but would really like to be used in a role where my player can succeed. 

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? Every NHL team these days is grabbing a Cale Makar?Quinn Hughes type. Let me be yours. I plan to round out my player so I am not a defensive liability but my focus with remain on my offensive skill and skating.

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? umm been a while but I always like Roy and Marth. I like switching it up though.

Share your best joke or meme

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
Only with this league.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Enough to be a solid defenseman for any team.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
I spend most of my time with my family playing games or watching movies. I'm a Vancouver fan.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
It really depends. With the new engine, I feel like I may be willing to stay longer and build up my player for a strong rookie season.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
I do use Discord.

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
I have an interesting history with Detroit. I'm not disinterested in joining the team, I guess it would come down to the team's willingness to choose me.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
I have a child coming in a month. I don't expect it to slow down my development, but life happens.

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?
I like Mac even though he is objectively bad.

Detroit Falcons

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

Brought this town its first cup in Season 5, will probably repeat that if you draft me.

A. Yes, I'm also in the ISFL on the Portland Pythons

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
A. A few hours a week for sure. Goal is to do all of my weekly tasks/PTs, as well as write enough media to fund my training in order to max earn. 

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
A. Aside from work, right now I'm spending a good amount of time watching sports now that they've started back up. I'm a Boston sports fan, so I focus on the Bruins for hockey and the Patriots in the NFL. I'll check out some of the other teams, but less often. I do game, mostly FPS and strategy titles. 

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
A. I'm a goalie prospect, and I know that complicates things a bit. If the fit in the LR is good, and I'm just going up to sit on the bench most of the time, I'd elect to spend more time in the juniors and bank that TPE. 

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
A. Big Discord user, you can find me at Arkz#7018

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
A. Looking for a fun, supportive locker room to be a part of. One that is a joy to be in when losing and winning. There's going to be tough games, and having a good group of people to hang out with and rally around goes a very long way. 

A. How good are the game bots in your Discord? Do you have Jeopardy? 

N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Ganondorf
Brawl: Ike
Ultimate: Greninja

Three marine mammals walk into a bar. The bartender responds: "Whale, whale, whale" 

Only in a Swedish GM league.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Difficult to say but probably 2 hours per day if needed.

Studying. Strategy games. Maybe sourcream and onion. None.

Depends on how well I manage to develop my player and how well I like the team I'm on.

Absolutely. Halkohol#1883

An active and fun locker room is what I want.

I'm the best prospect in this draft class of course.

None.

I'll share it if you draft me.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

Only an EHM GM league.
I have a full time job which has wonky times , so I can't guarantee I'll be active for any amount of hours every day, but I'll be on every day.
I work, then I work on my car, and then yeah hahaha. I basically only watch the "real" SHL, so Färjestad BK is my team. (and I love salt and vinegar chips)
I can't really give a time estimate, but I want to be more than a bench warmer when I take the step up. That's my ideal.
Yeah, often. heygortys#7488 is my ID, even though you didn't ask :)
Friendly and interactive. I'm interested in going anywhere in the J, I don't have any specific teams I really want to go to. Looking forward to meeting any new teammates.
More info when you scout me ;)
I don't really play it, want to try it though.
I suck at English jokes. I'll find one and share it sometime in the future.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 01:06 AM by leafs1997.)

Nope. Looking forward to learning and having fun!
10+ hours per week.
Research/coursework for my graduate program. Time with family/friends. Hockey Dynasty is up there! Sour Cream & Onion. You get 1 guess.
I think a couple seasons sounds good. I'd like to make it up to the big leagues as soon as possible, but honestly I'm mainly looking to have fun. If that's with my SMJHL team, I'm down!
On there practically 24/7. leafs1997#8349 Smile
I'd like to be part of an active LR that's supportive of each other. Would love to build internal friendly rivalries and talk trash about other teams Wink
Not really. I can't wait to get started, maybe with the Falcons!
Mhmm.
Leafs. Lmk if you find a better one.

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Yes

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Anywhere between a half hour to a couple hours.

Playing games.

Depends on the needs of the need of the SHL club and my development.

Yes.

My first original player (that lasted a week before I went inactive for years) was a Falcon, but I'm open to any team tbh.

Nah

I've barely touched smash, but it would probs be Mii Gunner for that dope Vault Boy skin.

[Image: 117753397_10158404931296006_8292255893674655319_o.jpg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes. SHL veteran

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] A lot

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Working, playing video games, eating cheese sticks

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? I think 2 seasons is a very good number; a 3rd year is solely based on the teams ability to compete in my opinion.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? Yes. I use discord! Serpe#9162

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? I was once a Falcon in my early days of the SHL and I would be interested in returning to Detroit where I have had success before.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? I like to win

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

I've been around in the ISFL/PBE/GRSL.

I usually have around +6 hours weekly I spread around for Sim leagues.

I end up working out alot, though I do play RL and Siege a bit. Sour Cream and Onion is the superior chip flavor, and I follow the Lightning a bit.

I'm not completely sure tbh, I'll likely decide as I go, and factor in the needs of my SHL team.

Yep, my tag is Beebob#1764, I'm on it pretty frequently as well.

I'm mostly just looking for a friendly somewhat active LR honestly.

Nothing really comes to mind tbh.

All my Smash Bros experience comes from being destroyed by friends of mine lol.

What do you call a seagull when it flies over a bay? A bagel

9 prior seasons with EVO before retiring and recreating almost immediatly.

I'm not sure with uni around, but I make enough time to be active on a weekly basis, around an hour a day

Honestly, various things. Video Games, American Football, studies, all that shebang. Also from where I'm from, chips are just potato fries. Also GO KNIGHTS GO.

Max 4 years is my aim, tho shortened to 3 if we win a cup whilst I'm there.

Yep, very much a discord user here: ProjectSaint#3114

Sorry, but I desire to return to Raptors and I aim to return there.

As mentioned, I wish to return to the Raptors in this draft.

DORIYAH.
(Translates to Ganondorf)

There is no meme.

Doge.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Nope this is my first season
4/5-9+ hours
I spend most of my time on netflix/YouTube when I'm not working or at school, I love nintendo games, salt and vinegar lays chips, and my favorite NHL team is the Buffalo Sabres.
As much time as needed for my player, at least 3 seasons I imagine.
Yes my username is Sabremike01 #8449
I'm new, I am mostly looking for a competitive but friendly locker room that is open to new players.
I am looking forward to the draft immensely! I will put in the hours I can to the league.
I play casually so I don't really have one but I guess it would be Sonic if anyone

Sabre's hockey the past decade has been a sad joke :(