Create Account

[FFMAN] Draft Preview: Aleksander Kozlov

[x2 Draft Media 479 Words]

Draft Preview: Aleksander Kozlov

Written by Mediocre_Fred for Fred's Fantastically Mediocre Analytics News  What's this?

Welcome to the second edition of the Draft Preview brought to you by Fred's Fantastically Mediocre Analytics News. This segment aims to give important* information about players eligible for the upcoming Simulation Hockey League draft. These analyses will give you factual** information in great detail*** and will hopefully allow you to better understand these prospects. And without further ado, here is the analysis of Aleksander Kozlov (@FlappyGiraffe).

At the time of writing this, the young Aleksander Kozlov is one of the top TPE earners for their draft class. They come in at number 3 with 310 TPE total. Right off the bat, that gives them a pretty good reason to go very early on in the draft. Still not convinced? I don’t blame you, it wasn’t a very good argument up to that point. Let us continue. Kozlov is from St. Petersburg, Russia and is quite the specimen at six feet and two inches tall and weighing over two hundred pounds, so I think I will start calling them the Russian Wrecking Machine for short, even though it is not actually shorter than Aleksander Kuzlov. 
Anyway, the Russian Wrecking Machine’s strengths lie in both their ability to be a dominant force on offense and their ability to hold their own on the defensive end of the ice. This is actually quite impressive for the following reasons:
     A lot of young players tend to build up either their offensive or defensive skills first and then try to balance out as they earn more TPE in their career.
     Or, if they do try to build a balanced player right off the bat, they usually struggle to put up any impressive number in their first year.
With their excellent offensive read, their ability to get open, and their equally good puck handling and passing skills, it’s no surprise that they were able to bring in 18 points in their first season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. And going back to what I said before, their defensive stats aren’t all that bad either. The Russian Wrecking Machines certainly plays into their nickname with an impressive 30 hits all the while amassing a very respectable 6 penalty minutes. The Wrecking Machine also makes a point to never back down by blocking 23 shots this season. Their defensive game rating isn’t all that impressive at 53, but like I said before, there are quite a few players who may have performed better in offense, but performed way worse than Kozlov in defense.
And now what does our Advanced Draft Pick Calculator (patent pending) say about Aleksander “The Russian Wrecking Ball” Kozlov?
They will go 7th overall!
*Important is subjective. Your opinion may be different
**Some of this information is not factual
***We do not go into great detail

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

snarky small text & asterisks are my media weakness.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

09-09-2020, 02:55 PMZoone16 Wrote: snarky small text & asterisks are my media weakness.
Well get ready because all of them will have it. But now that you've said something about it I actually have to put some effort into making them all different

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]