Create Account

[FFMAN] Draft Preview: Vladmir Petrov
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 09:01 PM by Mediocre_Fred.)

[x2 Draft Media 666 Words]

Draft Preview: Vladmir Petrov

Written by Mediocre_Fred for Fred's Fantastically Mediocre Analytics News  What's this?

Welcome to the third edition of the Draft Preview brought to you by Fred's Fantastically Mediocre Analytics News. This segment aims to give important* information about players eligible for the upcoming Simulation Hockey League draft. These analyses will give you factual** information in great detail*** and will hopefully allow you to better understand these prospects. This edition also includes the first use of Advanced Statistics in Fred's Fantastically Mediocre Analytics News history, so you should be proud you are witnessing it. This will also likely be the last time you see this lengthy intro. **** And without further ado, here is the analysis of Vladmir Petrov (@Muford).
And here we have yet another Petrov, and this time it’s of the Vladmir variety. Vladmir Petrov is a big boy. And no, I don’t mean like a Jordan Staal 6 foot 4, 220 pound big boy.[1] We’re talking 6 and a half feet tall and weighing in at an ungodly 265 pounds. The player’s render is listed as Vladimir Petrov (as opposed to “Vladmir” with no i). Searching for them gave a few results. The first and probably most likely candidate is this Soviet hockey player from days gone by: Image here. But I prefer this image when I think of our dear Vladmir Petrov: Image here.
Anyway, some more facts about this particular model of Petrov. Vlad-man is a lefty, but he prefers to play right wing. This means that he prefers playing his off side. I know there are plenty of coaches in the world that don’t allow their wingers to play on their off side, so it’ll be interesting to see if that plays into where he gets picked in the draft. But then again, as I always say, I have no idea how Franchise Hockey Manager works, so I don’t even know if it will make a difference in the simulations.
While I didn’t see anything that popped out about Vladdy Boy’s offensive attributes, he was able to put up some pretty impressive numbers in his debut season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. Eight goals and ten assists totaling for 18 points with a +/- of 5 is not at all bad for a rookie, especially if you take into consideration the average time on ice he had at just shy of 13 minutes.
And now we’re going to get a little crazy. This is some uncharted territory for this news organization, so make sure you’ve got your spelunking gear on. I’m going to look at some Advanced Statistics for this, the Vladmir flavoured Petrov. Vlad the Annihilator had a season PDO of 101.1, which, correct me if I’m wrong, is pretty okay! It is good enough to put him closer to the top of the league than the bottom! Now don’t go asking me what PDO means, do I look like an analyst?[2] He also posted a Corsi % of 52.1. Again, I don’t really know what that means, but a quick Duck Duck Go search tells me it is at least not that bad.[3]
Just like the other Petrovs I’ve previewed, I’d say this model is a good fit for any team looking for a good player with a lot of potential.
And now for everyone’s favorite part, the draft ranking by our top secret Advanced Draft Pick Calculator (patent pending)! [4]
They will go number 5!

*Important is subjective. Your opinion may be different
**Some of this information is not factual
***We do not go into great detail
****This intro will likely be used again since it boosts my word count
1. Jordan Staal is not actually a very "big boy", all things considered
2. This is an analytics news outlet, so you really should ask us these questions
3. We should know what this means, what with us being an analytics news outlet
4. The secret is I roll a 10 sided die

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

my mans is a machine

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]