Create Account

Audit Team
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:18 PM by grok.)

SHL has had a bunch of game state management issues lately, mostly multiple players getting pinged for TPE audits in the last season. We're running into issues with player agency and player roles (maybe that one is just me). The continual complaint is that there just isn't enough people power to do all these things, or that the undertaking would be too big.

Start an audit team.

Forget the traditional "each team manages its own audits" that we've been doing. Hire someone to lead a team of 5-10 people whose sole job is executing site audits. Banks, update threads, payouts, PTs, etc. Audit everything on a randomized or semi-randomized basis.

I see four immediate and major advantages to hiring a dedicated auditing team:
  1. Executing player audits and bank audits (which are admittedly less common) with more regularity and randomness. This relieves pressure from every team that does regular self auditing. The biggest example is updating--an audit team would leave updaters to focus on updating instead of validation and auditing.
  2. Enabling HO to implement more expansive new policies that would require oversight. Policies like player-selected tactical roles are much easier to manage if there's a team checking tactical roles on a regular basis. No more concern that things are too hard to track, just hire someone new to the audit team to cover.
  3. Increasing legitimacy of existing teams. The update team, PT team, banking team would all have increased legitimacy around the league if they were independently verified and validated. I'm not saying that I personally doubt any of their existing self-audits, but there is always more trust in independent validation.
  4. More jobs. There has been constant request for more jobs, more work, more ways to make money. This is job creation that adds value beyond just creating jobs. It just makes sense in a world where we're trying to increase peoples' methods of cash flow.
I mostly see this as a way to stop hiding behind "it's too hard" and instead offer a proactive solution to enable HO to actually pass policies that improve the league. As a side effect, we would create jobs for both new users that need to learn the league and established users with key experience to guide the team.

I would love to see some discussion, especially around what job heads do now in terms of self-auditing and ways an audit team could step in and help that I haven't identified above.

yes

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Yes

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hi

I actually do have an independent audit team that’s mostly overseen by @BadWolf. She’s done a good job with exapanding it in terms of numbers and also tasks for them to do. Just this season we’ve added a random audit where one player has been audited at random each week. I do agree that audits are super important and I have always been in favor of continuously expanding the department.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

09-11-2020, 11:45 PMZombiewolf Wrote: Hi

I actually do have an independent audit team that’s mostly overseen by @BadWolf. She’s done a good job with exapanding it in terms of numbers and also tasks for them to do. Just this season we’ve added a random audit where one player has been audited at random each week. I do agree that audits are super important and I have always been in favor of continuously expanding the department.

Might want to get in touch with Dylan. Over in PBE they're doing about 10 each week systematically base on when each player was created/last audited. Seems like they have a good system going.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

This is the SHL!  We can’t have common sense practical solutions. That’s heresy!

I like this

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

09-12-2020, 02:41 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Might want to get in touch with Dylan. Over in PBE they're doing about 10 each week systematically base on when each player was created/last audited. Seems like they have a good system going.

I'm not sure what the long term plan is for ISFL but we've been auditing two teams in both the junior and pro leagues this season. It's a little grueling with so many pages for older folks in this inaugural run but sounds like they'll continue this process as it becomes easier with smaller chunks between audits for players.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

ye

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

09-12-2020, 02:41 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Dylan actually stepped down. But he was on my og team and was a huge help.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 11:03 AM by BadWolf.)

09-12-2020, 10:09 AMNhamlet Wrote:
09-12-2020, 02:41 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Might want to get in touch with Dylan. Over in PBE they're doing about 10 each week systematically base on when each player was created/last audited. Seems like they have a good system going.

I'm not sure what the long term plan is for ISFL but we've been auditing two teams in both the junior and pro leagues this season. It's a little grueling with so many pages for older folks in this inaugural run but sounds like they'll continue this process as it becomes easier with smaller chunks between audits for players.

I single handily audited every SHL player back in the late 40s. I can see how it’s about time for that again but at least the older players have a starting point. I am looking to expand the team more for next season.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Who audits the audit team

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

09-12-2020, 11:28 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Who audits the audit team

you. no pay. thats what you get for asking.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-12-2020, 12:37 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-12-2020, 11:28 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Who audits the audit team

you. no pay. thats what you get for asking.

who audits me?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

09-12-2020, 02:34 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
09-12-2020, 12:37 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: you. no pay. thats what you get for asking.

who audits me?

Fom Tiddler audits u

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]