Create Account

Force Fantasy Drafts to List Out Name on Goalie Picks

I am doing a fantasy draft, teams are starting to pick goalies. I did this as my pick:

G -MAN 

after searching through the thread via CTRL-F for both Man and Manhattan and even Rage. However it turned out someone had made this pick:

G -  Rage

so I had to scramble for a new pick.  Even the list at the top used the icons. 

For a fairly new user who has spent a single league in the juniors, I certainly do not know these logos by heart. 

My suggestion is to force the drafting of the goalies to use the full name of the team, or at least the abbreviation. 

Please note I take full responsibility for missing the pick; it's my job to make sure my pick is accurate. This is just a suggestion to make things smoother, especially for the new guys, as well as creating less work for the fantasy managers when they have to ping idiots like me.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

Seconded! Smile

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

I like this a lot.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Good idea but doubt it'd ever be enforced and there will always be someone who doesn't know rules.

But if you're in a pinch if you're on PC you can just hover over the icon and it'll tell you the team name. Then additionally on mobile I suppose you could just click "Reply" to that specific pick, go into source text, and be able to see which team it was. Or open up another tab to see the list of SHL teams at the bottom of the site.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

09-13-2020, 10:36 PMhonkerrs Wrote: Good idea but doubt it'd ever be enforced and there will always be someone who doesn't know rules.

But if you're in a pinch if you're on PC you can just hover over the icon and it'll tell you the team name.  Then additionally on mobile I suppose you could just click "Reply" to that specific pick, go into source text, and be able to see which team it was.  Or open up another tab to see the list of SHL teams at the bottom of the site.

The point here is not to not know who it was. Logo are pretty straight forward to know. Its about not being able to search it with the search function unlike text.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]