Create Account

S56 SMJHL Offseason Time-Waster

What's not to love? Jon is on his way to Vancouver, one of the nicest cities in the world. Plus, since he stayed in Vancouver during the end of the previous season, its going to be way less of an adjustment period compared to what some of the other rookies are dealing with. On top of that, Vancouver is a great hockey town with some of the best fans in the sport. Best of all situations in Vancouver.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Scotch is excited to play in the SMJHL, he always dreamed of playing on the west coast and is excited to start his life in Anaheim and make a name for himself

Pablo Salvatici is excited to make the long journey from Anchorage Alaska every time they play a road game. The long flights will give him plenty of time to work on his english and catch up on his long list of books to read.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Well I didnt get drafted so I would say the experience sucked. I hope that I can prove myself more to the SHL gms this season to deserve a spot on a roster. I will admit I haven't been a top earner but being the person left out always sucks.

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

09-17-2020, 09:50 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: So you've now been drafted and are beginning in to settle into your new SMJHL home. As the time to finally hit the ice approaches, what is your player most looking forward to about their new city and/or team?

Written option: Talk about what is most exciting to you about the new location you are moving to, whether it's hockey-related or regarding the area itself (25+ words).

Reward
1 TPE for doing the thing.

Only S56 SMJHL Rookies (S57 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday, September 20th at 11:59 PM Eastern
Jannik is very excited to be in New Foundland. There’re some pretty sweet beaches to bird watch, whale watch and even find some fossils! There’s plenty of outdoor activities such as kayaking, skiing in the winter, boating or even just taking a pleasant walk on a trail.

Nevada! First time here.Its hot. Very hot. How do they have ice?! Haven’t been to Vegas yet! Maybe an off-season team trip? Got myself a condo about ten minutes from the rink. Going to be an awesome season!

Granström is looking forward to seeing a new city. Detroit is sure to be a completely new experience and culture. But the most exciting thing is of course to stand on the ice in the first game of S56 in the SMHJL.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

Detroit is a very exciting location for Wen Baters, as he is known for his rap skills. He hopes to meet Eminem in an effort to gain what rap fans know as 'clout' in the Detroit rap scene, and possibly get a feature on Big Sean's Detroit 3.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

As Noah Johns III got on the plane and headed over to Nevada he had only heard good things from his dad..Noah Johns II! Who played his last season there and Noah III was all but excited to go there to be apart of the good atmosphere and great fan base they had!
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2020, 05:24 PM by Kagomewolf78.)

Thank you Gwdjohnson  for the amazing question. I'm looking forward to getting to know the team and seeing what is in store as I'm new to the franchise. I'm eager to train hard and give my all and have a ton of fun along the way. The guys all seem like a barrel of laughs and so far I feel vary welcome as everyone has been amazing. Few weirdos that I've bumped into and already some tension between members of other teams but its been fun butting heads with the boys and showing that even this chick packs a hard punch. I'll be making sure to cream them on the ice and bring home the cup this year GO CROWS!!

[url= [Image: Oy8U8dT.png]][Image: Oy8U8dT.png][/url]

[Image: de5flox-cf4af03e-5f25-488a-b8cc-c8076ec1...KJiJaDKnx0]

EVO: So how the Denver?

RESO: Not too bad, very high up but the scenery reminds me of Asahikawa, with the mountainous backdrop. In terms of spending time with my teammates, awesome. I've settled in, and the rookie group has been awesome.

EVO: Nice to hear...............just make sure they don't drop like flies

RESO: What did you say?

EVO: Wait, wut?

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Bigga Foryu is most excited to bring glory to Maine in a way football never could. He was #2 sushi eating competitor in Japan, and is looking forward to setting a new record for lobster roll consumption in Maine. Also playing hockey for the Timber.

Newfoundland is cold. I like the cold, it's cozy. You wear sweaters and jackets and drink hot chocolate while you sink into the couch and watch movies. It reminds me of home. Also they're champions, and I'm all about them dubs.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

"When I stepped into the Nevada locker room, I was blown away. I'd never seen so much pancake batter. I wish I'd had the time to ask why - was the religious, was it actually about food? - but before I knew it, I was being pushed into the pancake batter. So I was cooked on my first day with the Battleborn. This is not a lie. This is the truth."
-Rob Wright avoiding a media question.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Moving to Anaheim has definitely been an experience for native-born Czech Farley Hank, Hank had known of the weather and heat long before he was drafted, though nothing could prepare him for the sweltering heat he faced. Regardless, Hank focused on what he was there for, in his words to "win some games".