Create Account

Winters announces his Retirement

Alex Winters announced today via his agent that this upcoming season will be his last in the SHL. The former All-Star and Rookie of the Year winner released the short statement below.

“I would like to thank the Manhattan organization for bringing me and selecting me in the first round all those seasons ago. My time here has been nothing short of incredible, and I’ve been extremely lucky to have played with some of the best players in our game today. Winning the Challenge Cup will always be one of the highlights of my career, and I can’t wait to see what this team can accomplish in the wake of my retirement. I fully expect to attend many games over the next few years, and I look forward to watching our young stars grow and my friends succeed. 

This also means this upcoming offseason will be the last time that I pull on the Czechia jersey to represent my country at the national level. To serve as team captain for our great country is one of the greatest honors that has ever been bestowed on me and I hope I’ve made everyone back home proud.”

Thank you to @JayWhy and @GeckoeyGecko for drafting me back in the day, Manhattan was the top of my list and I’m glad to know that we accomplished the goal we set forth.
Thank you @caltroit_red_flames@Blastmeaway and everyone in Czechia for making it such a wonderful place to be. I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed the league if it weren’t for you guys.
Thank you to @Pris, I know she won’t be around to read this, but if it weren’t for her helping me way back when, I definitely would have quit after the first day. 
Thank you to @FlappyGiraffe and Incite (I can’t remember your new tag so I am very sorry) for bringing me to Colorado as a rookie, helped set me up for success as a player.
@"luketd" we came into the league together back in S42, were Czechia teammates, SMJHL rivals as players and GMs, and then teammates in Manhattan. You’re also one of the best friends I’ve made on the site. You win this round mate, keep on killing it.
@Inf1d3l and @ImShiny you two are two of the best people I’ve met on the site and I’m glad I’ve gotten to know you guys and be friends with you. Thank you for always being there for me.
@hhh81 easily my best draft pick as a GM, I’m glad everyday that I didn’t accept that trade offer from STL so they could move up and take you. I’ve watched you grow as a member of the site and as a leader, and I’m glad to be able to call you a friend. You’ll be a great commissioner or GM again one day, we both know it. 
@JayWhy sorry for the double tag but also not. You’re the first GM that took interest in me back when I was a rookie, but you’ve also been a a true friend to me over the actual years that I’ve been here. Thank you for everything, I hope I didn’t disappoint.

I know I most certainly forgot some people and for that I’m sorry. Everyone here has made my journey with this player into what it was, even those of you I don’t see eye to eye with, and for that, I thank you.

Winters has a son, not sure if he’ll be in the SMJHL this year at the start or after the deadline.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Enjoy your new player Alaska!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

_/ _/ _/

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

_/ _/ _/

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

:(

Congrats on a great career buddy, can't wait to see your next player!

_/ _/ _/

Love ya man, sucks to see Winters go out but we know his son will be great too!

<3

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Congrats on the great career Alaska!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Great career Cheers

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Just couldn't handle Greg leaving.

Great career ! Looking forward to the recreate!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

): imma miss you!

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

_/ _/ _/

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hey man! My new tag is a bit weird, so understandable. Haha.

One of the best picks I ever made. Someone who has helped shaped the league in his own way. I am glad to have been able to share a LR with you and the rest of those late 30s/early 40s classes.

I am excited to see you are recreating. Will be cool sharing a league with you again even if it's likely just S57. Great career dude!

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

\_

Awesome career man!!

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride