Create Account

S56 mPT #0 - Bold (ish) Predictions

The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup.

It's going to be pretty tough for the Battleborn to win the Four Star Cup when it is clearly the Vancouver Whalers' year. Even if Nevada improves 500% they have no chance of beating the Whalers this year.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 09:39 AM by bluesfan55.)

Chicago will win the President's Trophy
now this is totally wrong. while chicago has a pretty deep team, they did last year and last year everyone thought they'd break out and possibly win the great lakes. of course, that didn't happen, and i have no trust in them to do that this year despite adding disisde dayudie.

New Orleans will see a significant decline and barely make the playoffs
this actually isn't that bold considering the sheer amount of talent that the specters lost this offseason. their only major keep was rex kirkby, and losing both stars like cain and fox and depth like smyth and vanice hurts any team, not to mention the two-time reigning western division champions. they're still a playoff team, but not by much.

The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts
like the previous one this isn't a bold take. toronto trading away jack kanoff will hurt their blueline massively and while the team is still young and growing they're poised to have a worse season than last season despite having talents like bobby lane, harry carpet, and danny marston.

The winner of the McBride Award (top goaltender) will come from the Atlantic Division
not a bold take considering the consistently fantastic goaltending performances of frans eller and peter larson, both of whom were goalie of the year contenders. throw in samat beibitzhanov who should be a breakout contender in atlanta plus the star power of luca del vecchio in baltimore, the atlantic division is stacked goalie-wise and predicting the mcbride winner coming from the atlantic is not a bold take at all.

Neither Buffalo nor Hamilton will make the Challenge Cup finals
this is wrong on so many levels. hamilton has assembles a murderer's row of talent by acquiring theo morgan and michael scarn in free agency to go along with their current stars like robert phelps, aaron wilson, and dick clapper. buffalo still has that stacked defense and adds hotshot rookie steve harrington to one of the best forward corps in the league. both teams may have lost 1 2k defenseman each in guy zheng (ham) and cassius darrow (sea) but with hamilton trading for ray bork to fill that hole and buffalo already having selich/wang/owens/vanderberg/scoop plus bringing in grizzled vet tor tuck, those roles should be filled. these two teams are insanely stacked and one of them should definitely make the CCF.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Code:
Someone from the S53 draft class will win rookie of the year

Yeah, this is not only wrong but impossible. I am going to win the rookie of the year, and I’m from season 54. So wrong, nice try season 53, better luck next time!

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Code:
Monkey D Luffy, extra TPE and all, will have a worse season than he did in S55

At almost 2200TPE I can't see any reason why Luffy won't dominate the league. Buffalo may find themselves repeating and the force behind that is likely a record-breaking season from Luff. Fantasy owners rejoice.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup

I honestly believe that they may be a couple of years out from being able to win the four start cup, focus on being competitive in the season and playoffs first, then we can start talking four star cup.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The Detroit Falcons will return to dominance and be a top 3 team in the SMJHL regular season

I think the Detroit Falcons are going to better than last year by a massive amount. Look out for them to make some noise coming into S56.  Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

I think this is incorrect. Although San Francisco has traded away many players they still have some high earning and more developed players on their roster, which should mean that they are able to win more games than Tampa Bay!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

There will be no major scandals during the season

This is horsepiss. I've been here for 3 seasons and all i've learned is that everyone is a massive asshole and GMs cheat to get ahead. I'm setting the line at 2 GMs doing something to deserve to be fired this season, but only one being fired because just HO things.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Code:
Neither Buffalo nor Hamilton will make the Challenge Cup finals

For - I'd love to see this and joining Chicago i'll have to be positive and motivated enough to say that we'll go to the finals over both those teams. It's not going to be easy but i believe.

Code:

Against - Lmao come on now, We're only in the 4th season of FHM, one of the teams that test sims 100 hours per season will find something that will warrant a rulechange.

Code:
The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts

Sadly For - i don't know why, but sadly i think this might be true.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 08:37 AM by Blues.)

Code:
Neither expansion team will make the playoffs

WRONG. Seattle has a solid defensive core starring nearly 2000+ TPE talisman Cassius Darrow. Yes, they might struggle to score throughout the season, but I think that they have enough goal stopping ability to snag a late playoff seed.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Code:
The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup

WRONG: Nevada will not win the Four Star Cup. They were the worst team in the league by far. They had the least amount of goals scored and had the most goals scored against. Now I definitely think they wont be as bad this year. But to say that they win will the Cup is a bold prediction is extremely WRONG.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Saying that neither Buffalo or Hamilton will make the Challenge Cup finals is just ridiculous.  These are two of the best teams in the league, odds would say that one if not both will make the finals this season.  Enough of that crazy talk.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Code:
Neither expansion team will make the playoffs

This isn't really bold but more of a "no duh dumbass". As per usual with expansion teams, the first few seasons are gonna be the worst since you're working with old vets that have lost their luster and youngins who are still lost in the terms of things. So it's a guarantee that we're not gonna be having a Vegas Knights moment.

Code:

Option A:
So you guys think that for the first time since the creation of the SHL, there will be an entire season without a single major scandal? No GM firings, no people going on a tangent about how terrible the site is and not a single reason to give HO shit? This take could be that scandal in itself. If we don't get a reason to riot, we'll riot.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Code:
Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

This is kind of a two part prediction and the first part I think is not bold at all. Tampa Bay has shown improvement recently and should continue to win more games each season going forward. San Francisco while I do think they will end up below Tampa Bay in the standings I think it's the two expansion teams that will probably end up with the worst record.

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]