Create Account

Aleister Cain

09-23-2020, 01:02 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:00 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Unless you post something at midnight instead of noon

Didn't you literally make a player with the last name "Gay" in protest of SHL clamping down on that sort of language?
shouldve named his player JP G**

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

09-23-2020, 01:02 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:00 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Unless you post something at midnight instead of noon

Didn't you literally make a player with the last name "Gay" in protest of SHL clamping down on that sort of language?

My player was made months before the ban on the word came down but ok

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-23-2020, 01:04 PMdankoa Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:01 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Yeah he learned his lesson after that. If you can find another instance of him being homophobic I'll happily concede.
one instance like this is more than enough for most teams
I think you of all people should know that everyone deserves a second chance

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-23-2020, 01:05 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:02 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Didn't you literally make a player with the last name "Gay" in protest of SHL clamping down on that sort of language?

My player was made months before the ban on the word came down but ok
Fair enough

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

09-23-2020, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:53 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: He’s a goalie (saturated market), he has a 6m minimum contract, and he’s rubbed enough people the wrong way. When Tampa Bay acquired a goalie not named Cain it was game over.

I don't see it, if BUF was willing to allow me into the LR then the sky is the limit

If the issue really is just cap space that's real unfortunate. Imagine earning so much TPE that you price yourself out of a job
If Cain was a skater he'd have a job by now. As WBF said, it's a perfect storm.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

09-23-2020, 01:05 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:04 PMdankoa Wrote: one instance like this is more than enough for most teams
When have I ever said racist or homophobic shit lmao try harder

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

09-23-2020, 01:05 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: I guess this raisses a question I've never thought of before

In the instance of Cain IRL he would likely lower his ask in FA below 6M to secure a contract for next season (in some situations a player would hold out but that's because other options such as Europe exist). Is there a point in which FA's should be allowed to lower their ask below their minimum? Would be hard to enforce whether someone is sitting unsigned to cheat the system though (when having a spot lined up with a team just wanting to make less of a hit on their cap)

That was actually my exact thought process about 3 minutes ago when you started writing the post. It's weird, and I want there to be a way but it's hard with the systems in place for the reasons they are.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

09-23-2020, 01:06 PMdankoa Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:05 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I think you of all people should know that everyone deserves a second chance
When have I ever said racist or homophobic shit lmao try harder
Not talking racism or homophobia

09-23-2020, 01:04 PMdankoa Wrote: one instance like this is more than enough for most teams
please dont tell me you're saying having a drug addiction is the same as being homophobic

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

09-23-2020, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:53 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: He’s a goalie (saturated market), he has a 6m minimum contract, and he’s rubbed enough people the wrong way. When Tampa Bay acquired a goalie not named Cain it was game over.

I don't see it, if BUF was willing to allow me into the LR then the sky is the limit

If the issue really is just cap space that's real unfortunate. Imagine earning so much TPE that you price yourself out of a job
I do have to say I am surprised with how this has worked itself out. I like Slash, and I've even had the dialogue internally to see if we have the room to get him to come on board, I'd even step back and be a backup for a season. Unfortunately due to finances, we don't have room.

I truly figured that with the expansion occurring, two starting jobs would be open and Cain would've been a slam dunk for one of them.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

09-23-2020, 01:08 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:06 PMdankoa Wrote: When have I ever said racist or homophobic shit lmao try harder
Not talking racism or homophobia
please do elaborate then because the point you’re trying to make sounds really shitty

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

09-23-2020, 01:08 PMWaters Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:05 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I think you of all people should know that everyone deserves a second chance
please dont tell me you're saying having a drug addiction is the same as being homophobic
I think racism and homophobia are forms of mental illness

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 01:11 PM by ztevans.)

I have no idea what is up with the beef with dank, but I assure you whether or not he believes slash deserves a second chance does not impact the decisions of 18 SHL teams. Some teams made it clear going into this draft that they have no interest in giving me a second chance from the terrible travesty of only getting to 1200 TPE with my last player instead of building another Hall of Famer. So yeah.

EDIT: And let me be clear, and you can find the chat log from last week's HTT to back this up, I think Slash deserves that chance and some of the criticism directed towards him has been overblown at times. But the SHL doesn't play that game, for better or worse.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-23-2020, 01:07 PMsve7en Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:05 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: I guess this raisses a question I've never thought of before

In the instance of Cain IRL he would likely lower his ask in FA below 6M to secure a contract for next season (in some situations a player would hold out but that's because other options such as Europe exist). Is there a point in which FA's should be allowed to lower their ask below their minimum? Would be hard to enforce whether someone is sitting unsigned to cheat the system though (when having a spot lined up with a team just wanting to make less of a hit on their cap)

That was actually my exact thought process about 3 minutes ago when you started writing the post. It's weird, and I want there to be a way but it's hard with the systems in place for the reasons they are.

Exactly, like the rules in place are absolutely necessary and it's super hard to figure out if a player is trying to use a ruling where you can lower your minimum cap hit to their advantage. So I guess rules just stay in place as they are, especially since Cain is kind of the first instance of this I've ever seen since the minimum salary tiers were introduced

Maybe a case-by-case exception gets made by HO?

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-23-2020, 12:48 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:46 PMMazatt Wrote: Teams have goalies and if you have a dude that's going to make 1 or 2 people on most teams feel unwelcome, you probably don't want that despite how good he is
Why? He's not a homophobe, he's not a racist, etc.
Being homophobic or racist isn't the only bar for being a lil dinky guy that no one wants. Being racist/homophobic got Ruutu cut and he showed some form of change to come back. Just rubbing people the wrong way and creating an image that you will continue that behaviour in a locker room is enough for me to accept teams not signing him. Locker rooms are one of the biggest deals in terms of creating good culture for a team, potentially screwing that over for a goalie doesn't seem smart to me imo

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]