Create Account

Aleister Cain

09-23-2020, 01:02 PMGeekusoid Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:51 PMNhamlet Wrote: 6m minimum is a tough pill to swallow for a lot of teams in the first place.

This is the correct answer.   

For many teams, 6M can be done for one goalie, maybe...but for a few teams here its hard to put that on two goalies if they're in a cap situation.

sounds like an issue that HO should look at then because this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

if i was a free agent with a big contract who wanted a job in a time where teams had trouble signing big contracts, i would simply not be an unrepentant dickhead to every other team in the league (and people on my own team, sometimes) for two straight years.

09-23-2020, 01:11 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:02 PMGeekusoid Wrote: This is the correct answer.   

For many teams, 6M can be done for one goalie, maybe...but for a few teams here its hard to put that on two goalies if they're in a cap situation.

sounds like an issue that HO should look at then because this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe a different pay scale for goalies? I'm just spitballing here, I suck at both numbers and logistics.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I think a good example of this is Jiggly. I don't think Jiggly necessarily did anything wrong, they weren't racist, homophobic, not even remotely. All-in-all they were a good person. They were just a bit... Annoying? And locker room dynamic is so important it's hard to add someone who might knock off the balance of a discord channel into a team. Add on top that Cain is expensive and teams have goalies, and it became a hard sell. I'm sure there were 2-3 teams that looked into it that were strapped. The other teams stayed away due to LR dynamics. It's a unique situation for sure. I don't think it's entirely Cain's personality and I don't think it's entirely his salary. It's a super awkward combo of both

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-23-2020, 01:09 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:08 PMWaters Wrote: please dont tell me you're saying having a drug addiction is the same as being homophobic
I think racism and homophobia are forms of mental illness
recovering from a condition that affects only yourself directly is not the same as saying a homophobic slur which affects an entire community

I don't personally still hold a grudge over it but there are plenty of people that do and its slash's job to prove himself, not everyone else's job to forgive him.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

F word bad word

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

09-23-2020, 01:05 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:04 PMdankoa Wrote: one instance like this is more than enough for most teams
I think you of all people should know that everyone deserves a second chance

Cal only says homophobia and racism isn't a big deal when its his friends who repeatedly get caught being homophobic and racist. Shocker.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

skadoosh

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

09-23-2020, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:53 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: He’s a goalie (saturated market), he has a 6m minimum contract, and he’s rubbed enough people the wrong way. When Tampa Bay acquired a goalie not named Cain it was game over.

I don't see it, if BUF was willing to allow me into the LR then the sky is the limit

If the issue really is just cap space that's real unfortunate. Imagine earning so much TPE that you price yourself out of a job
Who says we were willing to let you into the LR? Don’t get ahead of yourself Cal

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-23-2020, 01:18 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:05 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I think you of all people should know that everyone deserves a second chance

Cal only says homophobia and racism isn't a big deal when its his friends who repeatedly get caught being homophobic and racist. Shocker.
This is so disingenuous that I'm not surprised you're the person who said it. Of course they're big issues. You know how you get people to learn and stop being homophobic and racist? Show that when somebody learns you're willing to accept them.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

He should position change to defense if he wants to play this season.

09-23-2020, 01:19 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I don't see it, if BUF was willing to allow me into the LR then the sky is the limit

If the issue really is just cap space that's real unfortunate. Imagine earning so much TPE that you price yourself out of a job
Who says we were willing to let you into the LR? Don’t get ahead of yourself Cal

:sadpepe:

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-23-2020, 01:21 PMhockeyfan Wrote: He should position change to defense if he wants to play this season.

I assume this is a joke because goalies can't position change

09-23-2020, 01:21 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:18 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Cal only says homophobia and racism isn't a big deal when its his friends who repeatedly get caught being homophobic and racist. Shocker.
This is so disingenuous that I'm not surprised you're the person who said it. Of course they're big issues. You know how you get people to learn and stop being homophobic and racist? Show that when somebody learns you're willing to accept them.
or sweep it under the carpet and then rail on other people who aren’t your friends like you seem to do? still waiting for you to reveal what I’ve done that’s comparable to using those homophobic slurs too btw

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

After a day of complaining about a lack of good thunderdomes, a shocking twist happened when the best thunder dome was in general discussion

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]