Create Account

Free Positivity

Fuckin miss you slash.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

09-23-2020, 07:27 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: hi slash FWIW I don't think you're a bad dude and despite having been pissed at you on many occasions during my time on the site for stuff relating to Hamilton or otherwise, I do think you deserve to be playing for a team, and I genuinely think it sucks that you're in the position you're in. There's many people I dislike more that still have contracts in the league so this seems unfair.

Basically all that I know of you is your conduct on the forums and that rubbed me the wrong way very often, but I can take a step back and acknowledge you're still probably a good dude and I totally believe trella when he told me that beyond what I see from the forums you're still a fun guy to be around and game/talk with.

I hope you get a good resolution to this situation but the goalie saturation+lack of cap space looks really shit rn Undecided

A little disheartened you don't remember my awesome draft champions tourney that you were a finalist in, but it's all good. I've enjoyed my interactions with you and always thought you were epic since your discord pic was the same pic as my server used. Even though you've left that server, it was fun to chill there while you were in there.

I appreciate what you've said and understand the image I've created, it's unfortunate that me poking fun at users, players and teams have been taken at face value and formed negative opinions of me when the real message was fun and love.

As for you, you've been a crucial part of this league since the very beginning taking over a powerhouse in Canada in the WJC, and then being named SMJHL progression director and finally Hamilton co. I've always respected all the work you've done and know that is only the tip of the iceberg of your long SHL legacy. It was fun to beat you in S54, and hopefully I can beat you again someday. Sorry if I've irked you with anything I've said about Hamilton, I really don't hate anyone or any place on the site and respect and love everyone here. Good luck this season

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-23-2020, 07:28 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: ay cro - this a good thread. Respect to ya, hope u find a team

also

e

Your graphics on the site are legendary and I especially liked the NOLA banner you designed (was it for CW or for the actual cup, can't remember). Anyways you've always been fun to interact with around the site e and I appreciate having you to fuck around with discord in. Even if you don't pop in much it's always fun when you do talk and I'm sure it's e tempting just to ditch the place altogether. Takshak was a legend and I'm sure the whole Manhattan org would vouch for how great it was to have you around. Best of luck with your new player.

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

09-23-2020, 07:44 PMImShiny Wrote: you’re a great guy slash

It's been awesome to have you in the nug since you've joined and I know all the czechia guys vouch for how great you are. It's been fun getting to know you and playing games and I hope that is a regular occurrence in the future. Congrats on the GF too! As for Vent, it's hard staying afloat in a huge class such as s46 but you've carved your place in Manhattan for sure and I know Luke and co wouldn't want to go without you. It was awesome to see y'all win in s52 and I see great things in Czechia's future even as you regress and get replaced by trella or whoever. Good luck in the future and see you around!

09-23-2020, 07:44 PMObsidian311 Wrote: Fuckin miss you slash.

I remember how pumped you were to feel wanted in NOLA after a rough patch in SFP. You were an amazing member of the LR and even with real life stuff going on you were always around to chat and knew we were around to chat if you wanted to vent as well. We definitely missed you after you retired and you're gonna kill it with your new goalie! Car is an awesome locker room because trella and fuzz made it, and I'm glad you are having fun on the site after an up and down career with Stevenson Jr. It's too bad we never got the cup with you here, but your legacy will be etched in NOLA history forever. Much love and hope everything is well!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 08:02 PM by Ace.)

Hi Slash. You're a good dude.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Love you man

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

09-23-2020, 08:00 PMAce Wrote: Hi Slash.

Hey Ace.

When we first talked I didn't know about your history on the site going back to the very beginning, I just knew you as the GM who took a chance on me in the third round. I am forever grateful for that, lord knows I could have ended up on Seattle or something horrible Ninja Jokes aside you were always fun to share a locker room with. You were funny, dangerously edgy, and cared for your team. When you left for NEW I, like most of the team, felt a little abandoned, but I understood the move. It sucks that things haven't really worked out for New England yet, but I'm sure they will soon, with your retool I guess you can call in you have some great pieces coming up and you definitely know how to draft amazing players. It's too bad you're a goalie because I would've loved to help you guys push for the cup, but I understand it is better to spend a couple mil less on a goalie when your goalie is just as good/better and you can shore up another position. Eller has a great long career ahead of him and it sucks you got fired but shit happens and you'll get another opportunity some day. It's too bad you left the nug because we've gotten some great NHL games going, but we do miss you and your kids there and hope to see you around in some capacity. Best of luck this season

09-23-2020, 07:46 PMSlashACM Wrote:
09-23-2020, 07:27 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: hi slash FWIW I don't think you're a bad dude and despite having been pissed at you on many occasions during my time on the site for stuff relating to Hamilton or otherwise, I do think you deserve to be playing for a team, and I genuinely think it sucks that you're in the position you're in. There's many people I dislike more that still have contracts in the league so this seems unfair.

Basically all that I know of you is your conduct on the forums and that rubbed me the wrong way very often, but I can take a step back and acknowledge you're still probably a good dude and I totally believe trella when he told me that beyond what I see from the forums you're still a fun guy to be around and game/talk with.

I hope you get a good resolution to this situation but the goalie saturation+lack of cap space looks really shit rn Undecided

A little disheartened you don't remember my awesome draft champions tourney that you were a finalist in, but it's all good. I've enjoyed my interactions with you and always thought you were epic since your discord pic was the same pic as my server used. Even though you've left that server, it was fun to chill there while you were in there.

I appreciate what you've said and understand the image I've created, it's unfortunate that me poking fun at users, players and teams have been taken at face value and formed negative opinions of me when the real message was fun and love.

As for you, you've been a crucial part of this league since the very beginning taking over a powerhouse in Canada in the WJC, and then being named SMJHL progression director and finally Hamilton co. I've always respected all the work you've done and know that is only the tip of the iceberg of your long SHL legacy. It was fun to beat you in S54, and hopefully I can beat you again someday. Sorry if I've irked you with anything I've said about Hamilton, I really don't hate anyone or any place on the site and respect and love everyone here. Good luck this season

I'm still in the nug actually lol just I have so many discords it's in the bracket of "don't pop in unless pinged" which I have a lot of at this point lmao.

Also that draft champions thing was awesome tbh it was fun to do and joke with people who I drafted about, but you can understand me potentially wanting to forget it considering i got swept in that bullshit finals against trella. The tournament meant nothing and I was still mad at that lmfao. I did genuinely enjoy doing it and would totally go agane if you did one, but also it seemed like more trouble than it was worth to organize for you.

I appreciate the positivity and this thread was a great idea, even though I don't think problems with you is the key reason teams haven't signed you, I really think it was a good idea to give people a better outlook of you as a person.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

if it makes you feel any better, I don't hate you.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

09-23-2020, 08:01 PMtrella Wrote: Love you man

Of course you had to come in here just when I thought I was done with all the long sappy messages. You've literally always been there from the beginning. The good, the bad, the ugly. STL, just learning the league, then you got me drafted in EDM. That was such a fun time, and I'm really glad I could help revive Cuddles even a little bit and help you find some fun in the league again. The build you had was fucked by the strengths and weaknesses and I could see how much more fun you had once your player got his head out of his ass. I'm so glad to see him in the HOF. Copping a team in NSHL, I knew I wanted you to be Co-GM, you would make any LR amazing. I might have played it cool and been like "u dont have to" but it was definitely more like pls pls pls do it. My best sim league memories are the Cyclones, especially preparing for season 2, we were legit so excited for that. In the fallout of that, and a breakup, I know I leaned on you and several others but you always watched out for me. Even messaging my sister to make sure I was safe, I really appreciate that. Since then, we've had so many great memories, and I'm really glad those memories live on in little things like your player name being from that stupid picture for the bambacast, and other memes we have, and even nipple nuggey itself. It looks stupid from the outside but memories like this have gotten me through tough times when I had literally 0 friends at school. I knew I could count on you when I needed a pick me up.

As for the future, you have a big task ahead of you. Cleaning up tampa's legacy will be tough, but you are the man for the job. Tackling college, it can get to be a lot very fast, but you always have us to support you as well. Honestly, not to get political, but this country is FUCKED but I'm glad to have close friends like you to laugh or maybe cry about it and just chill with. You're obviously my best friend on the site and I will support you in whatever you do. It's been a hell of a two years, but here's to two-five-ten more. <3

09-23-2020, 08:09 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
09-23-2020, 07:46 PMSlashACM Wrote: A little disheartened you don't remember my awesome draft champions tourney that you were a finalist in, but it's all good. I've enjoyed my interactions with you and always thought you were epic since your discord pic was the same pic as my server used. Even though you've left that server, it was fun to chill there while you were in there.

I'm still in the nug actually lol just I have so many discords it's in the bracket of "don't pop in unless pinged" which I have a lot of at this point lmao.

Also that draft champions thing was awesome tbh it was fun to do and joke with people who I drafted about, but you can understand me potentially wanting to forget it considering i got swept in that bullshit finals against trella. The tournament meant nothing and I was still mad at that lmfao. I did genuinely enjoy doing it and would totally go agane if you did one, but also it seemed like more trouble than it was worth to organize for you.

I appreciate the positivity and this thread was a great idea, even though I don't think problems with you is the key reason teams haven't signed you, I really think it was a good idea to give people a better outlook of you as a person.

Oh shit I was looking for G but you are C in there for cockandballs, totally missed you. Come play among us or whatever with us some time, it's not as high stakes as Hamilton or so I've heard. And yeah honestly you had the most stacked draft and as a new user you definitely made the most of it with some solid picks, Trella had a shit draft but pulled out the win. If I'm sitting in FA without any contract money I might have to pull something similar to make some bucks, I'll keep you in mind.

[Image: 55e293a6418ce181d6e7bbd019aca875b82dae88...36e847.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

09-23-2020, 08:16 PMThisSeemsFishy Wrote: if it makes you feel any better, I don't hate you.

Ahhh finally someone I've had little to no interaction with. As an outsider, it was cool to see someone recreate and immediately go all in with his player. Being part of a bumping ANC LR must definitely help, but you've been around a lot and it's great to see people enjoying their time here. Loving the TURG persona and best of luck on Tampa, it's going to be a wild ride for sure!

09-23-2020, 08:21 PMMike Izzy Wrote: [Image: 55e293a6418ce181d6e7bbd019aca875b82dae88...36e847.jpg]

Izz dawg is here to join in the fun. It was nice to see you vouch for me in the other thread, you've always been a Cain supporter and friend and I love interacting with you on the site. As for your player, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. Izzy, Kurczewski, Augustus, Esa (not spelling that name) and all the other big boys of the Dragons were the top of the SHL food chain when I joined. My claim to fame is that you are the only one who welcomed me on Cain's player page Tumble You are a class act and everyone went apeshit when you joined the nug, also the WFT about the minecraft parody is literal SHL legend.

Your work, hand in hand with steelheads, have kept Calgary at the premier of the SHL franchises and not even 10 years of shit performance could erase that legacy. I obviously never played there but always respected the team and it seems like a really fun LR to be a part of. Best of luck with #A-rye and good luck to Calgary, it won't be long until they are atop the league again