Create Account

S56 Graphics Tournament: PAINT SIG CONTEST!

Season 56 is about to start, so we're here with a new tournament for you:

Dust off your easels and grab a canvas. IT’S TIME TO PAINT, SHL!

Who will be crowned the Vincent van Gogh of the SHL? You will get to decide by voting in the reintroduction of the SHL PAINT SIG CONTEST!

[Image: s56contest.png]

Task:
Make an SHL or SMJHL-related signature using Microsoft Paint or similar alternative software (such as GIMP or Paint.Net). You CANNOT use Photoshop for this tournament.

Submit for a chance to win some sweet, sweet, SHL cash:
First Place: $5M
Second Place: $3M
Third Place: $2M
Fourth Place: $1M

Rules:
  1. The signature must be related to the SHL or the SMJHL in some way. The art could involve a player, a team, or a favorite league memory. Ultimately, it must be drawn in PAINT or a related software.
  2. The signatures must be in JPG or PNG form.
  3. All signatures must be the same size: 400x200px
  4. Artwork should be submitted before Friday, October 2nd @ 12 Midnight EST
How to submit:
You can send submissions and/or questions to @rum_ham through a private message on the forums or on discord (Buck Dancer#6352)

Unleash your inner DaVinci and show the SHL the artist you were born to be!

Have fun, and good luck!  Cheers

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

You mention GIMP, which can do layering and effects similar to photoshop, and can come close to a photoshop quality image. Could you specify as to whether this is allowed or is the image to be hand drawn specifically as is done in paint?

09-25-2020, 12:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: You mention GIMP, which can do layering and effects similar to photoshop, and can come close to a photoshop quality image.  Could you specify as to whether this is allowed or is the image to be hand drawn specifically as is done in paint?

It was mentioned as an alternative, but the idea is really to make a PAINT sig so in that style. Nothing 'fancy'.

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

09-25-2020, 12:26 PMCarpy48 Wrote:
09-25-2020, 12:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: You mention GIMP, which can do layering and effects similar to photoshop, and can come close to a photoshop quality image.  Could you specify as to whether this is allowed or is the image to be hand drawn specifically as is done in paint?

It was mentioned as an alternative, but the idea is really to make a PAINT sig so in that style. Nothing 'fancy'.

Gotcha.  Sounds fun!

am i allowed to use my pixel editor

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Can you use actual images or is it 100% drawn in paint

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

09-25-2020, 02:58 PM.bojo Wrote: Can you use actual images or is it 100% drawn in paint
From what I understand, as long as it's made in Paint or a similar software, you should be good, but I'd wait for an official ruling from @Carpy48 on this

Here's a reference from a Paint tourney from about a year ago. None of these use pictures, though: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=97236

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

09-25-2020, 03:48 PMrum_ham Wrote:
09-25-2020, 02:58 PM.bojo Wrote: Can you use actual images or is it 100% drawn in paint
From what I understand, as long as it's made in Paint or a similar software, you should be good, but I'd wait for an official ruling from @Carpy48 on this

Here's a reference from a Paint tourney from about a year ago. None of these use pictures, though: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=97236

Needs to be drawn. Basically like in the previous paint contests we've had. The idea is that anyone can participate here.

Stars Lions Berserkers

Bump!

Stars Lions Berserkers

Bumping this, I need more submissions pls

Deadline is Friday @ Midnight EST

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

no need to continue... i have added the winning entry.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2020, 05:50 PM by rum_ham.)

We got a decent amount of entries in the last couple days, bumping this one more time to remind people that the deadline for submissions is Midnight EST Tonight

Send me your masterpiece if you want to be a part of the tourney  Cheers

Thanks for all your entries, voting will start soon! Submissions are closed now.

Stars Lions Berserkers

The users have voted for their favorite signature in the finals and while we had a clear number one, the places 2-4 were very close. We'd like to thank everyone who participated, either by drawing or by voting. Congratulations to all our winners, money will be on your bank accounts soon! Cheers

1. @Kyamprac
2. @Capt_Blitzkrieg
3. @Jumbobone19
4. @UrsinZ

The next contest is just around the corner!

Stars Lions Berserkers