Create Account

S56 PT #1 - Crossover
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020, 12:02 AM by hotdog.)

For this PT, describe or depict a between-sport crossover. Your player heads to another league to play a different sport - how does it go? Does the hockey skill translate to a new sport or are you totally helpless there?

Written option: 150+ words, describe how the new sport crossover goes for your player. Alternatively, if you are in another sim league, you can write about how your player in another league would fare in the SHL for a season.

Graphic option: Show your player in their new sport, rocking their new uniform during play. (image must be significantly manipulated, not a duplicate from somewhere on the internet.)

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, October 4th at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 12:58 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Some have described Dwight Knight as a tank. Dwight is both an emerging SHL professional and a regular high level performer in the highland games. Dwight has found the most success in the sport of the Caber Toss. Dwight's domination of the sport of the caber toss has taken a back seat to his newer passions. He's currently ranked second in the world after taking some time off to focus on hockey. The skills that transitions well between hockey and the caber toss is the strength, and balance. Lifting a caber is an awkward thing and it takes a tremendous sense of balance to both lift and throw something so awkwardly shaped and this is how Dwight has been allowed to function in the SHL. His skating technique is terrible and lacks speed, agility and acceleration but you can't knock the man down. In addition to balance, strength is a major factor for both sports. Strength from training for the caber toss has translated into a combination of ludicrous core strength and explosive strength through out the legs.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020, 03:40 AM by _Blitz_.)

As a young kid, Danny played soccer, football, and baseball before finding hockey. The trend for Danny is that he likes being in the middle of everything in order to make the play work; as it is in hockey, so it is in everything else. Part of his inspiration in picking #34 as a kid was Bo Jackson, who could play any sport he put his mind toward, and who Danny wanted to emulate. 

In soccer, his positioning at attacking midfield, backing up the primary strikers with more defensive capability, isn't too surprising and translates fairly well. In football, he plays quarterback with a tendency toward SEC-style runs and screen passes on offense, and free safety watching the field and plugging in where needed on defense. In baseball, he's a center fielder with good catch instincts and a knack for clutch hitting.

Suffice it to say, when the Scarecrows were invited to Kansas City for crossover events with the PBE and ISFL teams there, he surprised more than a few people with his prowess. He's still a better hockey player, though. Football is his dad's thing, and baseball is his little brother's.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020, 01:33 AM by Ferda.)

Undoubtedly, Augustus Wang would be a member of the Canadian Olympic team for swimming. Wang was once a high-level swimmer in his childhood, but he became an unseen talent due to his family’s financial strain which prevent him from training and competitions as he got older. If the Big Wanger was able to flop around in the pool once more, then he would definitely be a world class swimmer because his athleticism and agility have become even better than before. There is no doubt in my mind that he would immediately become one of the best swimmers in the world because he went from being a swimming prodigy to a hockey superstar in his teenage years. It would not take him much effort to regain the form he once had and dominate another sport. On top of that, he’s supported by his sponsor, SHL Kush, this time around and if we can learn from Michael Phelps, it’s that the kush helps you become a better athlete.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Mitchell van der Heijden, being a proud Dutch national, played the country's two biggest sports (field hockey and football) before he ever got into hockey, the sport he'd eventually turn out to be the best at. However, Mitchell decided to pull a Bo Jackson and go multi-sport. When not playing ice hockey in New England or representing Switzerland internationally, Mitchell announced that he'd signed with his hometown football club AZ Alkmaar. Mitchell is a left winger (like his current role on the Wolfpack) who can also play central midfield (like his natural position on the ice). He made his debut for the club against Fortuna Sittard in an Eredivisie game, and would assist a goal for teammate Myron Boadu in a 3-3 draw. Mitchell was quoted as being excited to llay for AZ, stating that "I'd played in the AZ academy before quitting football to play ice hockey. I'm happy to be back playing football again with my beloved hometown team and will do the best I can on the pitch." He wouldn't play in all the matches as he had hockey (of course) but he'd go on to score 4 and assist 6 in 20 league games, a solid result for a player who had never played professionally.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

If I had to pick another sport to play I would play competitive eating? I'm honestly not sure thats a sport but we're going with it. Essentially, I suck at hockey because I have literally no clue what is going on. Eating, however, is something I do every day and are very skilled at. So essentially, while I'm failing at hockey because I have no hockey skills I'm succeeding at stuffing my face with an incredible amount of hotdogs because I do have eating skills. Dump those bad boys in some chili or lemonade and you can wolf them down. I'm used to looking like a complete idiot - because I do when I play hockey (like what the heck is a power play in all honesty) - so I'll be totally fine looking like a complete idiot with seven hotdogs hanging out of my mouth. I've probably got a better chance of winning an MVP doing this than anything else.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 12:59 AM by 5ympathies.)

I am not a fan of basketball, but alas one of my favourite persons is a basketball player and so I will have to switch over to that sport in order to cherish her. One day, science will be able to replace her ACL with a cyborg thing and she'll become a starting point guard again, but until that day I will take over the NBA. Standing at 6 feet, 4 inches, a short player compared to the giants on the court (still taller than all you hoes tho) I will be one of the starting 5 because I am a GOAT. I don't know any positions other than point guard, so I guess I'm resigned to play that position as well. Call me Bronny Jr., cause I am destined for greatness. It's honestly crazy how good I would be at basketball. NBA, NCAA, G league, European, the KHL version of basketball, anything you throw at me I'm all over it. I run all leagues.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

My player Rotticus Scott decides to start playing football, just like his brother, Rotticus Scott. As a tandem, the two will both play corner back for the Colorado Yeti of the International Simulation Football League. Rotticus Scott of the ISFL is notorious for being terrible at corner, and is currently in the middle of a 30+ game streak without any interceptions. While Rotticus Scott of the SHL is notorious for nearing a sub 1% SH% in S55, scoring 3 goals on 120 shots, and scoring just one goal in 96 shots at one point. Safe to say, Rotticus of the SHL will not translate well to football. While he's great at passing and defense, his speed leave something to be desired, and speed is everything while playing football. He might do better as a quarterback, as his high passing stat would translate well to field vision, and being able to sling the ball around.

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020, 12:28 AM by Kyamprac.)

I have a running back named Zoe Watts that plays in the International Simulation Football League, and of course Sarah Burke in this league. I think it would be kind of funny to swap the two of them for a week to see how they would do. Being a defensewoman, I think Burke might stand at least half a chance at playing football. Her speed and skills in hitting and checking would probably come in handy on the field, and may even be easier to master without all the complications of skates and a hockey stick. I would think she could run pretty well, and there wouldn't even really be a goalie or anything to worry about so she may even be able to stumble her way into the end zone once in a while.

I probably can't say the same for Zoe Watts' success in the SHL, however, because strapping on a pair of skates and handing a hockey stick to a running back just kind of sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Code:
175 words

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020, 12:35 AM by boom.)

William Hartmann's agent also happens to represent gridiron football cornerback Byron Blackwell, who plays in the Developmental Sim Football League for the Dallas Birddogs. The two players train together in the offseason due to the shared affiliation, so they've gotten a chance to try out each other's leagues. If Hartmann were to transfer to the ISFL for a season, he'd likely slide in as a slot receiver or a safety. He's not afraid to throw the body, has pretty decent speed and hands, and sees the game of hockey very well, so it's reasonable to assume that those skills would transfer to the gridiron. The only downside is that he's short and wouldn't work much as an outside receiver, and doesn't have the bulk to play some of the tougher positions, but his grit and physicality would be a good fit. Meanwhile, Blackwell's build and speed screams left-winger all the way. The 6'1", 200-pound corner excels with his speed and hands, and put up a DPOY-contention season this past year in the DSFL with 5 picks and 15 passes defended, including two pick-sixes. The only downside for Blackwell: learning to skate.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

Vaseline Podcalzone had a bit of experience playing youth soccer (football? Soccer? Podcalzone doesn’t really know what to call it honestly. For the North Americans out there, Podcalzone will refer to it as soccer). Podcalzone was not a star at the sport, hence why he turned to the cold rinks of ice hockey, but he did an adequate job as a midfielder at the youth level that he played at before he decided to drop soccer in order to pursue his hockey career.

Podcalzone, with all due respect to his talents, would likely not fare too well in soccer if he were to end up kitting up for a Major League Soccer team. Maybe he could do fine in a recreational league, but he would be absolutely awful in a professional setting, getting his ankles broken on a constant basis. Nevertheless, Podcalzone’s work ethic could make him a rather competent player, but he would never exceed anything past the role of a replacement level player for a Major League Soccer team.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020, 08:42 PM by SFresh3.)

[Image: IB2YWbl.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 07:48 PM by Faelax.)

Roach was a multi-sport athlete growing up, playing Hockey in the fall/winter and Baseball during the spring/summer.  While the hockey thing has worked out pretty well for him thus far, Roach had thought of going pro in baseball at one point instead of hockey. He played first base for his high school team, and while they were not the best team around, they still did alright. Thus, Roach still holds quite a few school records that are unlikely to be broken anytime soon. He set the single season record with a .345 batting average, 36 home runs, and 78 runs batted in. He had gotten some offers to go try out for professional teams, and had been asked many times if he was going to declare for the draft, but ultimately decided to stick with hockey. While he is pretty confident in his decision to stick with hockey, he sometimes wonders what could have been had he decided to go into baseball.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Code:
Written option: 150+ words, describe how the new sport crossover goes for your player. Alternatively, if you are in another sim league, you can write about how your player in another league would fare in the SHL for a season.

James Truong has been a fan of baseball his whole life and got the opportunity to try out for the Toronto Blue Jays! James has only played recreationally so things are cut out for him. There has been plenty of media coverage around James with his decision to try out baseball as fans wonder can he pull this off and become a professional baseball player?

The short answer is no because James struggles to field the baseball when playing first base, whiffs at every fastball that comes his way when he is at bat and has made plenty of errors that are on sport bloopers every week.

In James' final baseball game he managed to hit a walk-off home run to win the game and get mobbed by his teammates in celebration. Although I feel that most of them were celebrating that this was my final game and they would never have to play with me again.

It is best to say that I should stick to playing hockey.

169 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures!