Create Account

S56 PT #1 - Crossover

As a 16 year old, Samat Beibitzhanov participated in the traditional Central Asian sport known as Kokpar, or Buzkashi. In the sport, people on horseback attempt to carry a ball into a goal while being chased down by the opponent, who is also trying to put the ball into your goal. The catch is that the ball is not a ball, instead it is a goat carcass. Players attempt to toss the goat carcass into a large stone or concrete bowl, and the goat must come to rest in the bowl for the point to count. The sport helped train Samat for hockey in a few ways, firstly it helped improve his reflexes and timing, as often the horses are going at a significant speed when the riders grab the goat. Secondly it trained his balance, as riders are often to expected to lean over and grab the goat without dismounting. Unfortunately, as the focus shifted to hockey Samat was forced to abandon the sport due tot he substantial injury risk, but still enjoys horseback riding.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Honestly, if my play from the ISFL came over to the SHL, I'd probably be a better player but I'd still be bad like in the ISFL. Tyler Oles JR, a cornerback for the Chicago Butchers, is just absolute shit in the ISFL, I don't know what it is, but he just does not perform well. However, he did just win a title in the ISFL so I guess it's not all bad, after having been traded to the SaberCats as a rental before expansion. I don't even know what sort of position Tyler Oles JR would be, but if I had to guess some sort of winger would be the position he plays, as he's pretty fast and is good with his hands, but they're just so different sports that it's hard to say any skill like that would really translate except for the ability to absolutely slam into people and make big hits. All I know is if Oles JR played in the SHL it'd be a struggle.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]

While you could wonder how Axel would fare in another sport, I think it's obvious that he would be mediocre in almost any sport. He'd be fairly small for a sport like football, and would lack the elite intangibles to be a hit there at any position. Maybe he could make it as a kicker, but even then he can't handle pressure so he'd be as good as any Bears kicker in recent years. So with football out of the running, we turn to baseball where elite intangibles aren't required, so there's a chance? Wrong, we have witnessed Axel's terrible eye hand coordination on many one timer attempts over his career. I think his best shot would be to learn how to throw knuckleballs and pray that the luck of the knuck is with him. So ultimately Axel will be bad at any sport you put him in.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I would very much like to see Rikki Petrov try another sport such as playing in the ISFL or the PBE and play either football or baseball respectively. I don't know how well the game of hockey would transfer over in either of the sports however. Petrov is Russian and the sports that are mainly played in Russia do not include football or baseball and usually hockey, handball or even basketball are chosen ahead of the others. However, hockey is a tough sport so I would be inclined to say Petrov would have the most luck playing football.

I would say Rikki Petrov would be either a quarterback or a member of the secondary as he is a Playmaker on the ice but also is one of the better young defensive forwards in the game today. I would be more inclined to lean quarterback because that is the main role that Petrov plays but I don't know how well he can throw a ball. He is strong though and smart so he can certainly learn! Petrov is not fast so could be exposed by wide receivers if he was a defensive player. We will stick with QB and just imagine that it would go completely terrible!

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Pavel Kharlamov took time this offseason to discover and play the american pastime of Baseball. Kharlamov who grew up in Russia mostly played hockey with a bit of soccer mixed in and never knew much about the game until getting to St. Louis. With this most recent offseason Kharlamov wanted to change that and joined a small rec league in the city to see how it would be.

The hand eye coordination was good thanks to hockey but often would be passed by other more experienced baseball players. The fielding was his strong suit, being able to run to the ball and throw it to a base allowed him to excel in the outfield. At the plate he had problems identifying his pitches and often struck out in three pitches. By the end of the summer he would improve and had planned on playing again the next offseason, happy to work on his swing.

Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette is well known across many leagues for his prodigious propensity for goonsmanship. He was the greatest fighter in the history of the GOMHL. and was a force to be reckoned with in the SMJHL. If he was going to go to any other sport, theres no question he would go to a UFC style league.

I think this would be an interesting transition. LPLL would have to transition to fighters who also know how to fight, and are trained in a multiple variety of fighting styles. He would have to try and develop some variety, since all he really knows is fisticuffs. However one thing he would really have down is stamina and balance. His experience trying to take people down on ice would give him a much stronger core than most other fighters, and his experience taking a beating during hockey would leave him very strong and be hard to KO

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

In an alternate universe Skao Anazibf does not take up hockey, but rather water polo, and in this alternate reality it is the worst choice he has ever made. His life as a hockey player has granted him many personal wins like women, fame, riches and glory, all of which he looks back on fondly. Water polo skao anazibf? no sir, he is absolutely boned. He sucks at water polo, quite a bit actually, and never really gets any footing in a competitive or professional environment. He plays beer league for his entire life, earning nothing for it. He is naturally competitive though causing him to take it far too seriously, resulting in his wife leaving him for shirking his duties as a husband and a father, just to make a name for himself in water polo despite being 28 and too old to turn it into a real career at all. All in all, bad decision for Skao.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Jack Kanoff is an offensive dynamo. I think he heads on over to the International Simulation Football League in order to first participate in their famous Bachelorette event to win the heart of the commissioner and then proceeds to take the entire league by storm. Now anybody that knows Jack knows that he only plays for winners (Just do not look at his SHL teams please, Detroit was good when I played there Smile ) anyways I think he joins the Orange County Otters given their GM (Prince Vegeta and Korrin Abernathy) trading up to  take him 1st overall in the draft because they know a winner when they see one. In training camp due to the number of TPE he earns versus their so called "starter" Suleiman Ramza  he beats him out for the starter job. From there on with his incredible speed and strength Jack Kanoff would help the Orange County Otters go on back to back 3-peats as they have a history of that and Jack is simply that good. I strongly believe that he leads the league in BOTH passing and receiving yards and goes on to MVP. Obviously all the awards and easy wins take a big toll on Jack and eventually drive him into depression and boredom. As a result he retires on his GMs and goes back to the sucky SHL player he already is on the recently struggling Seattle Argonauts.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Nicholas Owens actually played a lot of basketball growing up so making a transition to that wouldn’t be all that difficult for me. That would be kind of boring to write about so instead we are gonna see how Owens does on a football field! To stick to his defensive ways, Owen is put out as a safety. As someone known for their defensive reading ability and positioning on the ice, it seemed like a very natural position choice and a role that Owens could fit into but.... when you are on a field compared to the ice rink, it’s a bit different. Although Owens excelled at man defense, zone coverage was a whole different story. Having to read routes, keeping an eye on the quarterback, and keeping up with the receivers proved way too much for Owens to keep up with. Countless times in the game when zone coverage plays where called, Owens wasn’t able to keep up the pressure after 10 or so yards. It was a pretty sad performance overall all.