Create Account

S56 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

Newfoundland is looking good heading into Season 56, as expected of the defending champions. They play fast, hard, and with the coordination you would expect from such a well-trained, well-managed squad of Champion hockey players. Central to the team's success is their Captain, Lassi Suhonen. A top-flight juniors centerman playing both ends of the ice equally well, Suhonen brings it on the ice in more ways than one. Among those, is his leadership and experience. Few players in the J are as experienced as Suhonen, acting as almost like an on-ice coach.

Leadership doesn't stop at Captain Suhonen, but extends also to Alternate Liam Slate. Slate is the fire that burns in the Berserkers' engine, the heat that keeps everyone warm. Players like Slate are few and far between, adding to their priceless value to the units they call home.

Experience is important, but a well rounded team has value at all intangible levels. This is extended to the rookie stars like Matty Sandeen. A quick skater with a hard shot, Sandeen rounds out an experienced squad of champions as a ruthless young defenseman ready to put the screws to the opposition.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

The Falcons are in rebuild mode, so it is a known fact that the team is looking mediocre to ok, but there are definitely a few notable bright spots among the squad. Returning player Evangelos Giannopoulos, the most recent draft's 2nd overall pick, is a pillar on the defensive end. There's a lot to be said about the kind of ability he brings back, and while he doesn't have the experience of 3rd+ year players, he still has immense quality to him. 3rd year Sammy Blaze is thus far the team's leading scorer, and he's pretty clearly the team's offensive lightning rod in what is so far an extremely slow start for the squad. Finally, returning player Daedalus James was the team's star in preseason, and while he's struggled to maintain that form, he still has 3 goals so far to his name. He's definitely another spark for fans to keep track of on the ice.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Raptors

I'll start off by saying that I'm completely new here, so the frame of reference is VERY small.

I got recruited by the Colorado Raptors, so as far as I know, this team has some players that can do some serious damage. I'm still learning who all my teammates are, but right off the bat this season, centermen Mack Daddy and Lord Raiden are contributing at a point-per-game pace so far. Defenseman Aumy Jr. is also providing some solid production and defensive effort. An honorable mention will go to the goaltending tandem of Yanni Rosejac and Marcel Laflamme, with the latter goalie playing out-of-his-mind so far.

As far as going forward throughout this season, the top guys need to be the top guys to maintain consistency. The goaltending duo going forward will need to remain solid, possibly with one of the goaltenders emerging as the (more) regular starter.

157 words

[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
MattyIce Wrote:

Things are definitely on the rise in Nevada. Last year being the first year for the team, we knew we’d have a down year but would have a lot of talent to build on. That’s exactly what has happened here. Now that we’re a week into the season, we know that the team has found some great success. Tanjiro Kamado has been a force on the back end. He’s got ten points in 12 games to go along with 17 hits and 17 shots blocked. He’s also tied for the team lead in takeaways. The real story for this team has been goaltending. CK Supernaw and Phillip Weaver have split the starts so far, and both goalies have played fantastic. The team has allowed only 27 goals, good for 2nd in the league. Nevada is really firing on all cylinders and continue to be the surprise of the season!

Looking at the Kraken's current record of 8-3, one can easily see how they've managed to stay on the winning side of things.The Carolina Kraken have harnessed the power of rookies this season to push them over the edge. While they've cultivated talent over the last few seasons, every player on the roster is full to the brim with potential. These rookies are taking to the ice and making an impact already. Within the future of the Carolina, the first notable rookie to watch is their young Center, Luukas Lilja. In his nine games thus far, he's managed to put up 7 assists. The new Wings that they've added have also added a new line of scoring potential.On the right, Kyle Murray has contributed 2 goals and 4 assists in his 9 games, while Freyja Hellström on the left has managed to score 8 times in her 11 games played thus far. These young rookies are crucial as Carolina doesn't need to rely on their existing talents. With young talent pulling their weight, the team is able to use every second of ice time to slay the competition.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]

The Falcons are facing a a tough start of the season with only 4 points after 13 played games. There is going to take a lot of effort to turn it around and one of the most important players in succeeding with this is of course the goalkeeper Thor Odinson. With a save percentage of 90,2% it is clear that the he is a good start to keep building on. It is instead easy to see that the amounts of shots against the Falcons are the larger problem. Here we have the defender Evangelos Giannopoulos being the most important part in keeping the shots away. Giannopoulos shows up with a great defensive game every time and has also blocked 23 shots. But a good defence is not all. Sammy Blaze currently has most points in the Falcons. Blaze's continued offense is going to be needed for the Falcons success in the long term.

(155 words)

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

EVO: Ah, it has been a whilse since I've been in the Colorado dugout. Feels just like home for me. But now that I have had a few weeks in as a full time coach, here are the 3 players I think I will be the most crucial.

Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay
Welcome to the captaincy, JURT. Our resident tank will have alot on his shoulder this season. He will be looking to convert more than his 2.63% shot percentage from last season, and he will have alot of support to do so.

Asclepius Perseus Flitter
Speaking of which, APF is one of our high producers, with 42 points last season (18 goals, 24 assists) and he will be looking to lauch himself into the face for the league's top scorer.

Yanno Rosejac
The big rookie acquisition from the draft, Rosejac is being herelded as the 4 year goalie that the Raptors wish to build around. And with how well he has played in both practice and friendly games, he will certainly get his shot soon.

(185 words)

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

[Image: 72VFejD.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

The Anaheim Outlaws definitely appear to be a good spot at the start of the season. The Outlaws defense will be tied together and reinforced by the veteran starting defensive pair of Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk and James LeBlond. The pair will certainly be seeing the major minutes throughout the entire season. Though I'll focus specifically on why James LeBlond will be a key factor for the upcoming season. Specifically LeBlond will also be on the top line for almost every special teams role available, meaning that not only will LeBlond be seeing more time on the ice, but his time will be of only greater importance. Another critical player on the Outlaws roster will have to be the rookie goalie Vincent Mietitore. The rookie certainly holds alot on his shoulders on just his first year in the league but will certainly look to pull through. The last key player on the roster I'll mention will be Ryu Jones. The left winger, similarly to LeBlond, will also see the most time on the top line on specials in his respected position meaning he too will have a giant impact on the game.