Create Account

Silver’s SHL Index Blog Episode 1: The part where I disappoint you all

09-29-2020, 04:09 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
09-29-2020, 03:28 PMwumaduce Wrote: I feel like there's some serious compensation needed here. Pt pass for life kind of thing. In addition to shl money.
In the past we paid for dev projects upon completion, but with the size of the dev projects recently I've switched to paying during work, everyone involved has had some pay so far, but I may look at giving a bonus upon completion.

I appreciate you getting back to me. I will die on this hill - by completely redoing the index (which is the only thing we all use to track literally everything - I feel like it's leaps and bounds above most of the "Dev projects." Add in graphics changes and shit.

I know for me, personally, I haven't been able to use the index on mobile since the change. I've tried to keep some interest, but it's difficult when you have to change the settings on your phone for shl stuff.

I also have a feeling that with this index change, the silver bot will come back eventually. I still say money and pt pass for life. And I hope all the other people involved get something for their contributions.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

09-29-2020, 01:41 PMgrok Wrote: also for the record, FUCK FHM's CSV exports

yes

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

09-29-2020, 03:21 PMPatty Wrote: Looks great super impressive!  Merging databases is a nightmare.  Thanks for all your hard work so far!

It's even worse when the columns you're working with are named things like "SH %" and "+/-"

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 05:50 PM by esilverm.)

09-29-2020, 05:46 PMgrok Wrote:
09-29-2020, 03:21 PMPatty Wrote: Looks great super impressive!  Merging databases is a nightmare.  Thanks for all your hard work so far!

It's even worse when the columns you're working with are named things like "SH %" and "+/-"

Imagine the FHM devs writing decent CSV header names so the tables can be ported to an actually normal and understandable sql schema.

or is that too much to ask for??

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

09-29-2020, 05:49 PMesilverm Wrote:
09-29-2020, 05:46 PMgrok Wrote: It's even worse when the columns you're working with are named things like "SH %" and "+/-"

Imagine the FHM devs writing decent CSV header names so the tables can be ported to an actually normal and understandable sql schema.

in their defense, i don't think they for a single second anticipated anyone using those csvs the way we are lmao

09-29-2020, 05:46 PMgrok Wrote:

The site I used to work with would fall apart if a special character so much as looked sideways at a data field.  No thank you.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

silver is the light of my life

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

09-29-2020, 06:51 PMgrok Wrote:
09-29-2020, 05:49 PMesilverm Wrote: Imagine the FHM devs writing decent CSV header names so the tables can be ported to an actually normal and understandable sql schema.

in their defense, i don't think they for a single second anticipated anyone using those csvs the way we are lmao

I can tell you with absolute certainty that they expected people to load them into excel or convert them into HTML tables with no database backend what-so-ever. In fhm2 someone built a csv to HTML converter, it was awful but it worked until they changed things in fhm5 and the person who wrote it didn't want to go through the effort of making it work.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Ah yes the daily SHL reminder that people out there are hella talented! This is amazing!

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Ilike

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Terrible work @esilverm. I can’t believe you’ve wasted so much time in your life working on something for a fake hockey league. Smh my head you are a disappointment.
- wOOf

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vfseh4lv9cc3xdhj7a...=giphy.gif]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 02:36 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

This really is some exceptional work. The amount of hours and effort that Evan, Grok, Luke, Teddy, etc. have put into this has been absolutely astounding. It's been worth the wait for sure,

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

10-01-2020, 12:25 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Terrible work @esilverm. I can’t believe you’ve wasted so much time in your life working on something for a fake hockey league. Smh my head you are a disappointment.
- wOOf

w0Of

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

@esilverm

Goat

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50