Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

First and foremost we would have to strip buffalo from the top down to get back to peak performance from when they once were. Lee out would be the first decision to fix the buffalo herd and tomen would easily step up to plate and run the whole team (lets be real he does this already). Second buffalo would need to drop each and every single animal from their roster, starting with their star studded captain and life long member monkey d. luffy. Fish is dead, monkey gone, and the hippo gets the boot. They already lost the otter and eventually the roster would be fixed through meaningful draft picks. Hair would be the next captain since the monkey would finally be off buffalos shoulder, and perma drunk jaska would finally maybe be able to hit the net if he could put down the booze. Evok and ragnar would have to brawl it out for starting position in this new iteration of the wild wild buffalo herd.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

The biggest weak point of my team, the Buffalo Stampede, has definitely been the goal scoring this season. I would definitely argue that we are just in an early season slump with the talent we have on the roster but that doesn’t make for a great answer to the question. Firstly I would change up the lines. Try to see what combinations work and what doesn’t. Play players in roles you might have initially thought wouldn’t fit them, use different combos of players to see who work well together, and if that doesn’t work at all it at least helps build chemistry amongst different players as they have new line mates. Secondly, the more drastic approach, go out and try to find a star player to trade for picks in order to boaster the offensive lines. Although I don’t no of any good star skaters looking to leave their current team, if you really want to turn around an offensive trading for one in exchange for future assets could do just the job depending on who you get.

For the Buffalo Stampede I think the biggest concern is the general manager coaching style. The Buffalo Stampede has a general manager who does not even own Franchise Hockey Manager which as all know is the simming platform that the Simulation Hockey League uses. This concerns me because how are you supposed to lead a team to victory without knowing how FHM works? It would be beneficial to be on a team with a general manager who knows how the tactics and strategies work on FHM becuase that would lead to success. To deal with this strategy I would employ someone else as General Manager, maybe even me I could probably do a good job. Someone who studies FHM and knows it by heart. That is really the only weak spot with Buffalo. I also heard he owns a dining table set with a bench instead of chairs which is also a weak spot that needs to be addressed.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

The Manhattan Rage have pretty much all the right boxes checked, with one of the best locker rooms in the league, a roster in tip top shape ready to contend, a team of astute GMs who are poised to make any moves that can better their chances, and sick branding. But when it comes to their drafting, in recent times we have traded our picks a bit too much. Rather than growing our players at home, we trade our picks to win now and build. It is absolutely a great idea at its core but you can’t trade them all on playoff hopes if you want to keep your long term chances open, so we need to hold on to a few picks and get back into the scouting game. Our management is always on top of things and knows what to look for in a player on and off the ice, so why not bring up the next generation of Rage for life players? It is time to plan for the future and to transform this wonderful franchise into the dynasty it deserves to be.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

To fix a team you need to understand a team. With a quick dive into the scarecrows you can see that they have a solid framework that could be fleshed out a bit more. The location and branding are some of the best in the league so no changes need there. The top end talent is on the team but could use a stronger supporting cast. If the scarecrows can add a few more pieces to fill out the bottom of the lineup they would be able to match much of the other teams in the east like Newfoundland and Carolina. The stronger 3rd and 4th line is a key to winning a championship in the SMJHL, and if the crows can bring up on the bottom half of there lineup they could be true title contenders this next season. This could also be said for most teams in the SMJHL or SHL.

For the Kelowna Knights it's pretty simple what has to happen to become a better team and get back to where we were last season. We need time, we lost a few good pieces to our team and while we have a good amount of capped players, we need those players to become 3rd year capped. Like myself, I'm capped but I'm not fully capped, and when you lose high impact players and capped players it's hard to replace them overnight. Our rookies will grow and our team will grow, but until we have the time to grow we will struggle and will take some time to get back to that top level point. Hopefully we get there, even if it doesn't happen until next season, because I would like a title before I leave the SMJHL to prove that I am the best Petrov of the bunch. Knights will be good again, sometimes you just need a rebuild/retool year.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]