Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

[Image: fix10.png]

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

I'll make this easy on myself and select the Edmonton Blizzard. There aren't any glaring weaknesses, but entering this season, or rather entering the offseason, there was several concerns, most of which were addressed, but some that still need attention. The first was departures of several big names including Tuck, McIntyre, Morgan and Kane. Offensively management was able to draft well over the last few seasons and replace from within with a few budding rookies in LaGrande, Hartmann and LaForest. All are a step down as far as S55 to S56, but each is improving quickly and should replace the likes of Kane and Morgan in the next few seasons. On the blue line it stings quite a bit more as there was no one to replace the loss of Tuck and McIntyre. There are several promising rookies in the defensive pipeline including Hillier, but it'll be some time until they're able to crack the SHL. Signing a big name free agent defenseman would be the easiest fix. They could slide in to the top 4, or potentially top 2, on a contending team and contribute right away, something not a lot of teams can offer to the free agent market. Plus you get a chance to play with me Smile

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 10:13 AM by Ragnar.)

The Winnipeg Jets need a rebrand. They’re the only team on this website that’s named after another team both geographically and namesake. That’s lame, so we’re going to do a rebrand on them. They will move to Brandon and be the Wheat Kings. Just kidding.
But if I became the GM of the Winnipeg Jets, I wouldn’t move them, because Winnipeg is a great hockey town, but I would change the name, just so it was more original. My new name for Winnipeg would be the Winnipeg Hot-Smoked Fish, paying homage to a delicacy that is deeply rooted in Winnipeg, and a staple of the town. Our new logo would be a steamy dead fish and our secondary logo would be a smoker. Our colors would be pink and brown. We would hand out hot-smoked chum salmon to the first 500 fans of every single home game, and our new mascot would be a giant, working fishing smoker suit.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

A weak spot for my Quebec City Citadelles is really how many goals we give up. We are giving up 33 goals in 13 games, I mean, that is an average of just under 3 goals a game. Considering we have only scored 34 so far, that has to be a huge weakness since we need to get better. Does that mean we have to be better defensively, I mean, I guess it will mean that a little bit. We only have 4 players on QCC with a better than 69 Defensive rating which means that we really do not like to play defense very much. The leader of that is Teylora Petrov with a 79, then Boris Petrov with 71, Zdenko Beranek also shares that 71, and then Jasper Maximov has a 70 which is not bad. I think it'll take more shots blocked, takeaways, and everything to improve on the defensive side of the ice. I think we need to improve on that in order to keep going and improve in this area.

Words: 176

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Frankly, it is a bit surprising that the Seattle Argonauts, being a new expansion team this year, do not have more glaring holes in their roster.  We have multiple wingers and center men who are at 900-1000+ and the same can be said for our guys defending the blue line.  So, I’d have to say that our biggest hole – what needs fixing most – is our situation at goalie.  The talk in the LR is mostly about how Nolan McMahon is letting us down when we have a chance to win a game.  Most of that is good-natured and due to the fact that our goalie’s user is IA and it’s a meme to scapegoat the guy who isn’t around.  In fact, Nolan has 798 TPE which isn’t the worst for an expansion goalie, but if you are going to win games as a young expansion team, you’re going to need a great defense (which I would argue we have for our situation) and a goalie who can stand on his head and steal you a game as often as possible. 

How to fix it?  Easy to say, bring in Abroop Dhami, our backup and goalie of the future, but though he’s a hell of a guy, he’s also at 208 TPE and not likely to win us more games than McMahon.  I’d say possible fixes are 1) trade high draft stock for a 1000+ active goalie or 2) wait it out until Dhami develops knowing it takes time to build a winner from an expansion year.  Or just play the active Dhami and take our lumps while he learns on the job.  (Sure don’t want to trade away high draft picks at this stage of our development.)

Code:
287 words

I think a weak team right now, safe to say, is the San Francisco Pride. After being a decent team just a few seasons ago, consistently fighting for playoffs, they are battling Baltimore Platoon at being the worst team in the SHL. Sitting at a record of 1-10-1, something has got to change. Their defense has been pretty bad, but they don't even have the most goals conceded in the league. What they really need to focus on is their offense. Their top points-scorers after 12 games are Vince Reaper, Jeff Brogen, and Henrik Lekberg Osterman with 8, 6, and 6 points respectively. That just isn't going to cut it in the SHL. I recommend they get a trade going ASAP, or at least in the offseason, aim to grab a forward who has run out their contract and is a free agent. Otherwise, they will continue to struggle in front of goal and collapse inwards like a dying star, ultimately relocating to some city like Flint, Michigan. Good luck SFP.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Carolina Kraken definitely needs to improve catering services. Vítek Víteček doesn't have access to his favorite food which lowers his mood and lower mood might reflect in his performances. The best way to fix this is just basically by scouting for the best caterers in the area. SMJHL should do some sort of catering services draft. Carolina is known for its top-notch scouting, so with these drafts, they could really improve their catering services - maybe even become the best in the league. Having the best catering services also brings in the biggest prospects of the hockey world. Carolina can easily go 50-0 if they improve this part of their team. If this all seems stupid, it isn't. Every person wants to eat their favorite food. The things Vítek is forced to eat are questionable and Carolina should use some money from their budget to fix the situation as soon as possible.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

WINNIPEG JETS

WEAK POINTS - Branding, Inactive players, Defense

Resolution - Resolving the issues with the Jets is a multi-faceted issue, as mentioned above.  First, addressing the elephant in the room, is obviously the branding.  We get ribbed each and every season about being named the same as an SHL team.  If you have an insult or a critique related to it, we've probably heard it multiple times.  I can say though, that @Muerto and I have been working on trying to resolve this.  I'm sure as other teams who have branded, or rebranded can attest to...this is not a fast or easy task to complete.  It takes time.   

The second hardest issue is the combination of our defense and Inactive players.  We have some great prospects getting ready to come up and work their way up.  Part of the thing we've tried to do to improve the issue of having key roles being filled by inactive players is re-establishing a solid farm-system base of active players that eventually will replenish and eventually systematically churn as players regress and retire.  Admittedly, I saw how much work @StadiumGamblerand @FuzzSHL put in for team USA, I decided to borrow the similar method.   Also, in helping this, we recently re-vamped our discord server.  Things are a bit more entertaining...people are chatting more (which is great).  We're really trying to make Winnipeg a place that people want to go to instead of just "eww, its Winnipeg".   Our defense issue runs hand in hand with our inactive.  We've had to piecemeal some of our defenses together, as many have had in the past with inactive players...more specifically, regressing inactive players.   Fixing the activity level will bring this back up to par where we don't have to rely on key players just to make it through.

Pretty straight forward fix here for the Anaheim Outlaws. Take the team, the whole team, rink everything. Uplift it with one of those fancy military choppers they use to move all the fake moon landing sites, haul it over to Oregon. Drop it. Boom, Oregon Outlaws. Oh you're not satisfied with that? Pick it up again, take it all the way over to Amarillo. Amarillo Armadillos! Oh whats that? You don't have budget for fancy military choppers? Then how about the Anaheim Aviators. In case you haven't guessed it I'm heavily about alliteration in my branding and the lack of alliteration combined with the previously used logo and branding of the Anaheim Outlaws is really the only detraction for what is otherwise the best franchise in the SMJHL. You take the whole thing and throw some alliteration on there? It's gonna be popping off in ways you can't imagine. Alliteration always assists approval. Write that down.

Code:
156 words

[Image: zdoMJuR.png]

[Image: gEGqwpn.png]

I think the issue that needs fixing in regard to the Minnesota Monarchs is depth, in all honesty. Although I've only been a part of the organization for a short time and my player is currently a rookie, I think that this issue is pretty clear. It isn't a bad thing, however, as we're currently in a sort of rebuilding stage. My own player is nearing 1000 TPE and is the second line centre. We have a solid amount of players that are still coming up through the system and should be contenders in the next five-ish seasons, so the fix is in progress as I write this. I would probably look at drafting some more defence in the next few seasons to solidify this rebuild, and maybe even trade for some already established SHL ready players to complement the younger core that has already been developed.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Yeah the San Francisco Pride is a hot freakin mess right now. So much has gone down with that franchise that it could really use a change of scenery. The shocking departures of franchise players disappearing as well as the long time GM ghosting as well has left a negative stigma on this team. They had started to show some promise after many seasons of mediocrity but questionable trades proved to be management's downfall and they have since ghosted away leaving the new GM to try and pick up whatever pieces are left and try and start from scratch. The branding concept never made alot of sense to me, I mean the connotation of pride and San Francisco I get but wtf do Lions have to do with the city. So a move and a brand change would go a long way to changing the image of this franchise. In my opinion a move to a Canadian city would bring about huge excitement in the SHL and would possibly encourage some free agents to want to play for a Canadian franchise.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

TURG TURG has noticed that the Anchorage Armada tend to fall apart and their goalie Scoochie Stratton tends to “shit the bed.” Of last years playoffs are any indication, the Anchorage Armada need to figure out a way to make Scoochie larger so he can cover more net. You would think being 6’4 and 210 pounds would be large enough. But not for TURG TURG. This is where TURG’s idea comes in. TURG TURG’s idea involves an experimental surgery he once had in a dream. TURG would preform this surgery of course. The surgery requires both Anchorage Armada goaltenders to be grafted together so they’re technically one goaltender. This creates a super goaltender as their starter, and would mean the Armada are freed up to bring in another goalie to back up the newly created “Scoochie Tendy.” TURG firmly believes that this would solve all of the Anchorage Armada’s problems

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

It is hard to pinpoint one place where my beloved Falcon's and I are struggling at the moment. At the start of the season we were lacking goals and letting too many in which has made us lose a fair few games so far. I am blaming it on stamina and not being able to finish the game out. Some would think our trainer needs a talking to but he seems to keep us working hard all the time! Maybe our coaching staff needs to focus more with wind sprints on the ice? No I don't think that is the problem either as we have plenty of hard skating sessions. What I think it boils down to is the team nutritionist and the cook! While the jumbo chili dogs smothered in grated cheese tasted great for dinner on our last road trip I am noticing my belly growing more than my muscle. Also the extra cheese curds and gravy on our poutine could be having an adverse effect on us.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

A weak spot on the Edmonton Blizzard is quite hard to find. Perhaps right this second it would be more quality on D maybe? I remember someone saying we lost quite a bit of it recently sadly albeit if that is our only issue we are looking golden compared to the vast majority of other sim league teams at least.

I think we are in a rich hockey area of Canada and I personally love the logo and name. It has a huge history as well so it has to be just small improvements to the team right now. Which overall would be through trading if anything to get some big players if possible and it most likely would not be possible since I imagine all teams and players are happy right now but considering we are 2nd in the division I think we are in a pretty good spot overall for it and making a hopefully deep run in the play-offs.

[163 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]