Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

For the New Orleans Specters, a big problem we seem to be having this season is scoring goals. Look no further than last season's leading scorer for the Specters, Jimmy Slothface, not even being at a point per game so far this season. Sad! In order to fix it I would tell Jimmy Slothface to stop being bad at hockey and to start putting up points! After that, I think maybe just mixing up lines a bit may help (but I am still not really sure if anything is able to overcome all of Slothface's shortcomings). I know Jimmy is being used as a two way type forward, which is probably good for him, but maybe switch it to something more offensive so that we can see if we can find some points? I honestly don't know, and if anyone from New Orleans reads this I don't actually care.

Another "fix" thing I would do for New Orleans is branding related, and that would be for us to release our third jerseys. We have a Mardi Gras style jersey I don't think we've unveiled, so that is how I would help "fix" the branding as well! Not that I dislike it.

201 words
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 01:42 PM by leviadan.)

[Image: burfixer.jpg]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

So, here is the deal. Playing for Winnipeg has been really fun and I have no complaints about it, nor do I have the mindset that could come up with competitive solutions, but I think there is a problem with the team that could be fixed sooner than later, so I shall throw my hat at it. The Winnipeg Jets sound too much like... the Winnipeg Jets. Now, do not get me wrong here, there's a good reason the team was created with the name it currently has: at the time, Bettman was being a muppet who thought hockey should be a thing in the middle of the Southeast instead of having teams in colder places, hence why the league stuck for ages with the Phoenix / Arizona Coyotes, even if keeping them there was one of the more hilarious rolling balls of failure in the history of the rather heavily based on marketability and economy American world of sports, so naming a team after the respected (but always having to punch above their height) Winnipeg Jets made a lot of sense.

Of course, life would eventually rectify a wrong and Winnipeg would get their team back (at the expense of Atlanta and not... well, Phoenix, the people who got Winnipeg's team in the first place) but that presented a situation where you now have two Jets. And seeing as we're not a for-profit deal, we don't really have to change. Yet... it feels better to change. Imagine if the NHL Jets sucked - a team that couldn't score on the equivalent of a hooker in Bangkok; a team that would build an iron maiden when given the task of building a computer, a team maligned with personalities of poor taste and terrible behaviour that could only belong to a bastardized animated series featuring characters in yellow skin that have been going for far too long - and how the SHL team would be then dealt the bad hand of hearing about it in jest.

Alas, Winnipeg is... difficult to come up with ideas for. I thought of three possible venues. The Winnipeg Wilderness (based after the wildlife of the state, technically a bit of a Minnesota Wild rip-off), the Winnipeg Lionhearts (named after Chris Jericho, although it's a bit rough to name it after a guy who just had an open concert during the pandemic and seems to be going a bit off the hook), the Winnipeg Watchmen (named after an indie band from Winnipeg, actually used by a team IRL but referring to the Watchmen comics) and the Manitoba Rapid 204 (named after the Manitoba code and a slight nod to the Crazy 99 from Kill Bill or just about any German soccer team that ends their name with the number of their year of foundation).

So hear me out. What about if we moved to Japan?

[Image: Nagano_Kitsune.png]

Just saying.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 02:45 PM by Ronniewalker.)

I’ll just comment on branding a bit as well...

Sadly, the main branding problem I see right now is with the team that drafted me. It’s the only problem I have with them though, everything else has been great so far! But not to sound ungrateful, but I think the Texas Renegades really should update their branding even at least a little bit. I don’t know the backstory, if any, of the completely grayscale aesthetics choice - does it have something to do with old westerns or what? - but it just looks really grim. Like Grim Reaper level grim. I don’t even have a problem with the shape of the logo or the striping, but that color scheme is just... Watching those black and dark gray jerseys skate up and down the ice between usually bright colored opposing teams and surrounded by a colorful real life crowd in the stands is like watching some weird european movie or a commercial for a depression or flu medicine - you hope that at by the end they finally get better and become colored again... but no. That variant logo on the white jerseys with the facerag colored in Texas flag — well, it’s something, but not nearly enough. I’m glad to be drafted by you guys and can’t wait to be part of the main team, but as a guy with some depression history, I really hope those Grim Reaper jerseys get some sort of revamp before I make it there :D

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

It's not hard to see that there isn't a lot going for Kelowna atm.  We are sitting last in our conference and barely above DET for bottom of the league.  While this certainly isn't surprising considering the amount of forward talent we lost in the offseason it still stings a little because our defense is intact still and even potentially better than it has been recently with Ramsey at 425 and 4 Dmen over 400TPE.  The good news though is that Katth and Naosu have taken some pretty significant steps to try and make this season just a quick downturn before trending back upwards.  We have a ton of young forward talent that just needs time to develop and the defense will remain largely intact next season with only Devin Williams being forced to retire (although there is the possibility of one or more guys getting called up between Park, Goodname, and Super Sonic).  So yeah, to bring everything back around there is not a lot going right in KEL, but to fix our situation I believe all we need is time.  As long as our young forwards remain active by the end of the season KEL will be trending in the right direction and might even be in a position to steal a playoff series.

There's one big problem with the Quebec City Citadelles that nobody has been talking about. It's really been the elephant in the room but everyone is too scared to address it. We all know about the Quebec Nordiques, an NHL team that used to play in Quebec City but relocated in the mid 90's to Colorado. Ever since then, every time there has been talk of an expansion or relocation, Quebec City is the first potential destination to come up. We all know though that the real reason they haven't gotten their team though is because they're simply not allowed. And Evok and Faelax come in thinking they can just put a team wherever they want? I don't think so. The Citadelles should be relocated, and to make sure this really works, it should be to a non-traditional market, like Ohio, Louisiana, or even Mexico. We all know how non-traditional markets are all the rage these days.

Word count: 165

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I think this is a pretty difficult thing to come up with. Looking at a lot of the SHL and/or SMJHL teams, there usually are a ton of complaints about logos or jerseys. I think these things have been looked at and discussed in great length by many around the league when there are rebrands, relocations, drafts, etc. I'm going to stay away from this topic as I don't see any value in critiquing this.

I think the easiest thing to do is to look at the Hamilton Steelhawks, since I play on the team (I would rather not go about changing something on a team I don't know much about). Right now, the team is rolling. At the time this is written, the Steelhawks are 14-0-1 and are scoring goals at will. However, this is exactly where I think things should change. The majority of goals are coming from the team's "Big 4" (Wilson, Scarn, Clapper, and Morgan). I think the team should be getting the 3rd line involved more, having them get some looks at putting the puck in the net.

This is especially true for my buddy Robert Phelps. Phelps is chasing 1000 career points, and if he continues to be stifled by his selfish teammates, his time might run out just before he's able to get to the milestone. PASS THE PUCK TO THE OLD MAN, let him have his fun before it's too late.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

The team I will be looking into is none other than the Hamilton Steelhawks. Over the last little while the Hamilton Steelhawks have been the enemy of all in the Simulation Hockey League. This team had a super busy off season and GM’s Hallsy and Gabe Johnson have set it up for success. They’re gonna be kicking ass for a long while. However their locker room? So so so stinky man. Rancid. Absolutely foul. From mister geckoey gecko ghost pinging everyone to gooneys constant cum joke chaos, it is incredibly unprofessional. It’s simply shameful. Their horrible turkey leg gif bits, not to mention going skins. Never utter the words “we going skins” in that locker room. The bit never dies. Don’t even get me started on the rats. They have a whole rat infestation in there. Please I’m begging you someone get that locker room and exterminator. The verminator even. They need help.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

So the thing i would fix is the seattle argonauts branding. to start the color scheme is horrid it literally looks like captain crunch threw up everywhere and just left it for someone else to clean up. does anyone actually have a clue what even is a argonaut because i still dont have a clue even after i googled it. So i think to start get a team name that maybe makes sense and has a place in hockey because the trashgonauts dont. Also the location i would chance Seattle is a alright city at best if they didn't have the space needle no one would visit that trash city. its also in Washington a very irrelevant state its like putting a team in Montana like who even knows where Montana is. So where would i move the team too literally any relevant city other than god awful seattle because all it does is rain there like thats it.

I play for Colorado Raptors and I don't have SHL contract, so I will talk about my SMJHL team. I think our current problem is that we can't really find right strategies and tactics. We have our power - we have good offense and great defense, but it seems like our strategies are just a bit weak sometimes.

I think that new simulating engine is really interesting and it's not really easy to find right strategies if you aren't big expert of it. Our coaching stuff is working. Players are evolving too - everyone is working hard and earning each possible TPE. I think it's only time to see Colorado Raptors succeeding.

I think there are just one way to figure this problem out - we need to find right strategies. We might lose games till we find right tactics, lines and strategies, but when Play-Offs will come - we will be ready! And I believe that our coaching stuff are pretty good and they will figure it out. This is our season and they will find a way and we will help them!

180 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

I want to give a shout out to my homie and much missed friend @Wasty when I talk about the branding for the Los Angeles Panthers. Some may not know this but before Wasty stepped down he wanted to try and rebrand the Panthers so that he could bring something fresh to the table. Now I'm going to start off by saying that I do love the branding currently, but I also became attached to the idea of having a fresh new brand and I was excited about putting on a new jersey. Now, I am not sure if Wasty released his concepts (all of which I loved) because Wasty is an amazing artist and I knew that whatever he went with I was going to dive right into it, so I don't want to spoil it for him if he does plan to release his ideas. But let's just say that after I saw what he was thinking about I felt he was right in wanting to make a switch. In the end we kept the branding once management changed hands, but it did spark some energy in me when the idea was first proposed. Hopefully he will release his concepts so all can admire the bad ass choices that we were given.

(217 words)

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Well first off I'd like to say my current team the Nevada Battleborn are pretty well perfect. We are 1st place in the league (actually 2nd 1 point behind Anaheim with a game in hand so that seems like a fake lead, and we face them tomorrow so I hope this ages well), have the best defensive core in the J, the best goalie tandem in the J and our forwards are no slacks. So I'd fix things on a completely biased opinion of moving the franchise to Prince George. I was born and raised in a small town an hours drive from PG, so it holds a special place in my heart and the fact there used to be a franchise there makes me think any franchise can be fixed by moving to PG. I'm sure it's a super unpopular opinion, from what I've heard that the people who ran the original PG weren't invested in the area and that's why the eventually moved to Anchorage, but that's what the internet is all about unpopular opinions. Now I'd have to give the branding some actual thought, can't keep Battleborn - that wouldn't make sense, wouldn't want to go with the original Firebirds just to do something new. The lumber industry is pretty huge in that area but Maine already has a wood-like name, so I'd actually have to sit down and think about that and I don't want to for this PT. So in conclusion I would fix any team by moving them to beautiful Prince George.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

The weak spot with the Winnipeg Jets (aside from the branding, of course) is on their 3rd pair/3rd line, where there is a dearth of TPE. Because these spots are filled with inactive players, they will not be improving in TPE throughout the season, and one of them is actually in regression, to make matters worse. This 3rd pair/line is a weakness that many teams share, and in fact you commonly see a 1st line/3rd line matchup quite often in terms of team tactics nowadays as it is a mismatch that many teams try to exploit when they are the home team and have the last change.

Something like this is tough to fix without weakening other parts of your team - unless you're a super team, you'd have to massively overpay for free agents, or somehow convince them to come to you which is no easy task. You could trade for IA players, but good ones are quite valuable and don't necessarily come cheap. The best way, and my preferred way, is to draft and develop in order to have a steady stream of prospects that can come in to play on your 3rd pair/line and eventually move up, but it is something that takes quite a few seasons to develop, and can have a high bust rate depending on how good your drafting is.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Right now QCC's weak spots are definitely not taking enough shots on net and also taking too many penalties during games. These problems arise from the team's focus on drafting and trading for more defensemen and allowing the team's depth of forwards to fall by the wayside. Right now there are a lot of players who have to work extra hard on the ice to compensate for this lack of forward depth, and end up becoming fatigued and desperate due to the team playing too many minutes in the defensive end and end up incurring penalties. Improving the team's roster of forwards will help us play more time in the offensive zone to simultaneously relieve pressure on key players and also allow us to shoot more often and increase our scoring, which has definitely been lacking. These problems cannot be solved immediately, but with more attention to balanced drafting and player development, these problems can easily disappear in one or two seasons.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate