Create Account

S56 mPT #2 - Behind the Player Name

I encourage all of you to check out last season's mPT #2 - Behind the Username - a ton of fun to read through.

A similar concept here, but instead of your username let's hear the stories behind your player's name. How did you come up with your player name here in SHL? What's the story, what's the significance?

25 words minimum, no participation+ on this one. 

You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements; no participation+ for this one.
This PT will close Sunday, October 11th at 11:59pm ET.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 05:42 PM by 5ympathies.)

Aubrey Victor "Dit" Clapper is a Hall of Fame hockey player. Why his nickname was "Dit", I have no clue. But Dit sounds like Dick and I thought Dick Clapper would be a funny name and people seem to agree.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Its a long story to my username, but the broad strokes is that Rotticus Scott was my drunk alter ego for a long time. You know how in Harry Potter they have the maurauders and they all have nicknames or whatever? My friend group did that on accident. Kinda stupid but its hard to make it make sense over text.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Code:
A similar concept here, but instead of your username let's hear the stories behind your player's name. How did you come up with your player name here in SHL? What's the story, what's the significance?

Well this is awkward because my player name is also my username. I wanted to create a hockey player that was me and what better way than to use my name. If I ever do recreate hopefully I can be a bit more creative with my name. 

47 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 03:55 AM by hockeyiscool.)

The name Dwight Knight is derived from a Madden 19 draft prospect list. We were about 4 seasons into it when the glorious prospect name Dwight Knight was there and I thought it would be a great player name for SHL.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 10:53 AM by sve7en.)

I wanted to go with a small IIHF region, and randomly picked Austria over my family's ties to Germany, after that I spammed refresh on https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/au...-names.php until I found a last name I liked, and finally randomly chose Jimmy as a first name.

Thrilling, isn't it?

48 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 03:37 AM by Dextaria.)

The origin story of the name Ryosuke Sato stems from looking at Team Japan's National Ice Hockey Team. With the list of players I found a first name that I liked "Ryosuke." Then, I found a last name that I liked "Sato." And there you have it, "Ryosuke Sato" was born.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 09:28 PM by charlieconway.)

When making this player I wanted to go with a name that was common-ish for the east coast, so I went with Barron, as it's the last name of one of my former teachers, and one that appears near where I live with some frequency. Turns out there's a player named Justin Barron that was just taken 25th overall by the Colorado Avalanche in the 2020 entry draft. He's also from Eastern Canada (Halifax, NS), though Adam's from Bonavista, NL so different provinces.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 10:11 AM by Faelax.)

Alexander is my first name in real life. When I had made my SHL player, I had been playing a lot of the Witcher 3 and decided to name myself after the horse in the game, Roach.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

My player name actually is somewhat cultural for the country I made him in. I made my player James Kimanje a Ugandan, which is where I happened to live for 6 months of my life. SHL is my fun league, and so I wanted to do whatever I want with it, and I wanted to make an African hockey player. Many people in Uganda have somewhat biblical names such as James, John, Hannah, etcetera, so I just picked James, and as for the last name, many cities have a K at the beginning and end with an uncommon consonant followed by an a or e. So, I decided to go with Kimanje as I enjoy the sound of it.

Goku Muerto is the latest in the Muerto family of sim hockey players. Muerto means death and I am kinda goth that way. The first was Riko. That is a variation of my actual name. Then came Darko, because of Donnie Darko. Then his brother Danko, because Danker version of Darko. Finally, Goku - his name is from the DragonballZ guy, and it fits into the rhythmal tone of all the names so far. Next up will be Loki Muerto.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Honestly Ben Dover was a bet i guess that I made with another user and I decide to honour it as it was in my sig for awhile. Then when I made Hugh Jazz, I was like lets make another bad name pun relating to big bums Towel

My player name, Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk, needs some context

If you've been around the block a bit, you probably know that my first player's name was Jøln DuBølk. Why the name "Jøln" ? Beats me. I found the site while I was hanging out in my engineering classroom at school, and I thought: "Jøln sounds like a good name for a Swedish defenseman," which was partially inspired by my favorite player, John Klingberg.

Once the SMJHL draft rolled around and I was picked up in the 4th round, the draft stream people had trouble pronouncing Jøln's name, and had said "That's not how those letters work." (to be fair they were right) Once I was drafted to the SHL, I vividly remembered Nobody (the former J commish and draft streamer for you youngn's) took a good 10 seconds trying to pronounce "Jøln."

Then one day, me and some of the people in the Tampa Bay locker room at the time started discussing names for our potential recreates. At that moment, I thought back to those times people had mentioned that my name was hard to pronounce. That's when I had the brilliant idea:

"Why don't I make my new player's name be even MORE incomprehensable?"

That's when I decided to create Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk. I don't even think this was even the original spelling, but I knew this is what I wanted my next players' name to be.

Cut to S54, and I'm beginning to blow up Tampa Bay to begin the rebuild of ages. After selling off pretty much everyone, I had one more piece to sell: my own corpse. I retire my player, then I created Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk, coming to the Tampa Bay Barracuda in style

And if you are wondering, yes: my recreate for the S69 draft will have a name more nonsensical than even Jöörgüštrâäd. Crafting a gibberish name like this takes time and effort, so I will need everyone's support once the time comes.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Not that long of a story from me. I just thought about American born players and for some reason Patrick Sharp came to mind quickly so I went with Sharp. My first name is Bobby and I liked the sound of Bobby Sharp.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Jed Mosley Jr is the son of former SHL Hall of Famer Jed Mosley who was a architect turned hockey player after a run in with Ted Mosbey changed his trajectory in life.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]