Create Account

The Goalie Subject

10-23-2020, 05:05 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
10-22-2020, 10:48 PMWally Wrote: I. Goalie Variations and the TPE totals "Don't Matter" argument

One of my consistent arguments of the flip to FHM has been a lack of customizing the position.  Within the game itself you have six styles to choose from as a goalie: Standup, Hybrid, Butterfly... and then all the same, but with an add-on puckhandling option making for six total styles to pick from.  In saying that, the default option ALL of our goalies are set for are HYBRID.  In saying that, what this does in turn create is the aura that TPE doesn't matter.  In certain cases, it doesn't.  Why?  Well actually TPE is wasted in certain attributes simply because our default isn't programmed to move the puck and every goalie has the same weaknesses assigned with a hybrid style being assigned. 

Naturally, we think puckhandling/passing should increase the efficiency of moving the puck and getting out of the zone, however that isn't the case.  Without an assigned 'PUCKHANDLING' style the risk of puckhandling with any one of the aforementioned styles actually is higher than the reward.  Updating key attributes known to mobility impacting play outside of the crease is actually more detrimental than game changing as a "HYBRID" goalie. 

In my opinion, let users select their style... even if limiting to the Standup, Hybrid and Butterfly until they get to the SHL, where they could choose to pay to train puckhandling and get assigned the designation if they choose to.  This ideally addresses a couple things. 

I hate to burst the bubble here, but this is just not true. FHM has 6 different templates for goalies, yes, but those templates only affect development which we have turned off. Which one you select has no bearing on how the goalie plays. I am hopeful that different play styles become an option with FHM eventually, but right now the game doesn't have that functionality, the only way to do this would be to make different ratings templates with limits to some areas or a special update scale. I personally prefer that everyone have the freedom to create the player they want to create, but that's just my opinion.

wow teddy this was too polite. you are suppose to tell people to go fuck themselves and show off that Owner Power

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

@Nokazoa

....This what you were looking for?

DT : All you goalies line up …

Wally first.....

[Image: xHI.gif]

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa