Create Account

s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline

Colorado Raptors are doing really bad this season and they should make trades. Guess what have they done? Trading! They have traded me to Anaheim Outlaws and I'm really thankful!

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

The Edmonton Blizzard should probably stand pat this season. This was always going to be a bit of a retool year, and the team doesn't have the assets to buy at the deadline. They'll be in good shape next season with the prospects they have coming up, and will have more draft capital to play with if they need.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

i think the stampede should sell their entire first line (kinda) in luffy sharp and kholin because they have obviously fallen off a cliff and they need something to bring them back to greatness

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I think the Los Angeles Panthers should be active at the trade deadline. The team is one sloth.. I mean player** away from taking a big step in the right direction towards returning to prominence in the Western Conference. The Panthers look to be well on their way to a playoff spot and adding talent could make them a dangerous team to face in the post season.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

If Texas wants to compete for the Challenge cup this year, they should be looking for an upgrade on the defense and maybe on the forward depth. But on the other hand, Texas has just to wait another year and they will be a contender anyway.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

I think the Colorado Raptors should be active at the trade deadline. They are getting some weird puck luck from the sim, despite having a pretty solid roster. With some big graduations this next offseason, shipping out a few major players to other teams to pick up some future draft capital could be a big boon to eventually breaking the almost 30 season title drought in Denver.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

To answer this question, I'm looking pretty much only at the standings page of the index. The team that jumps out to me is the expansion Atlanta Inferno. Going into the season I had expected Seattle to try and compete in the easier West while Atlanta may try to build in the powerhouse East. Instead, Atlanta is scoring like a top 5 team but they are leaking goals like a bottom-middle team while Seattle is looking in from just outside the bubble. It may be a good move for Atlanta to shore up their defensive play to take a real stab at competing.

In the West, I think Texas could mix it up to sling shot to a finals appearance. They are neck and neck with NOLA but again shoring up the defensive play could make a huge difference. They have scored only 10 fewer goals than first place Calgary, but have let up 32 more goals against. Edmonton, New Orleans, and Texas are all within 11 GA of each other, so it could prove to be a difference maker if those teams stay the path.

In both of these cases though, I don't know much about the rosters and assets so it could be totally wrong to suggest a move. (Covering my ass from sounding totally asinine)

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I think one team that might want to buy at the deadline, would be Atlanta. I believe this because of that they got in the expansion draft they are in a win now. They got some older players with some decent TPE in the draft and want to make the playoffs and push for a long run at in it. A team that I think should sell is San Francisco, because they need a lot and are rebuilding so why not move anyone maybe over 1200-1500 and see what they can get for their future!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Kelowna should be looking to sell their players that won't be around next season, because they are not really competing as much as the other teams and they could use more picks for the next season.

(36 words)

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

In the minors, the lower teams in the East this season (St. Louis, Quebec City, and Detroit) would be the ones I want to have some level of activity in the trade market, mainly selling some of their assets away. With the level of squad rotation that happens in the minors with players being pulled up whenever their main clubs feel like it, strong draft capital is essential to getting a jump on teams down the line. By getting more of this draft capital, they can look to be more successful down the line, when teams like Carolina or Newfoundland are required to reload once again. Some would ask why they should throw away this season for the future if they've competed up until now; put simply, there is a bridge to the top teams in their conference and the other one. And while every team makes the playoffs, the chances of them actually pulling of a true upset against a Vancouver, Anaheim or Carolina is truly small. Therefore, reloading now for them - in a league based massively on short-term thinking - is the best way to confirm a move towards the top down the line.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

I think Seattle might want to make a move or two. The playoffs are not out of the question for them but without looking at their roster, I’m not entirely sure what their needs are. They definitely have room to improve this season if they have the assets to move.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

I think that the Maine Timber should be buying at the trade deadline as they are looking to be a contender for the SMJHL Four Star Cup this season.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

from my POV the Los Angeles Panthers should be looking to sell before the deadline to get some assets back for their old players as their roster isn't strong enough to beat any team come playoff time.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

I don't think the Vancouver Whalers should be doing anything at the trade deadline. The current roster is incredible and is clicking along very well together. We're also going to need to draft some players this season as well, so that's another reason not to sell or buy.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Nevada should be a buyer at the trade deadline. The team should pick up a top six forward, as the goalie tandem is rock solid, and they have a glut of defensemen at their disposable. Some more firepower up from would help in the long run.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen