Create Account

s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline

To be honest, I don't really know if there's any particular teams that will go trade players off here and there but I would like to not that I stopped drinking mate tea whenever I go check Discord, as every time I do that, they end up trading me.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

San Fransisco should be looking to properly tear it all down and move their older pieces of any value and try to bring in some picks or prospects because their aging high TPE players won't serve them any use in the near future as they look to be a ways off of being competitive again.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

I think for the SMJHL the Nevada Battleborn should be looking to buy. They have a lot of pieces that are already in place and will be ready next season. They could look to move draft capital to bring in a higher TPE forward for their cup run as they won't have much open room next season as possibly one defenseman will get called up from their entire roster

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2020, 01:23 PM by slothfacekilla.)

I think the New Orleans Specters should be selling, it is fairly apparent that they are good enough to hang around in the middle of the pack but not to beat the top teams. Maybe something like moving Slothface in a trade would be smart, sitting at fourth in ice time per game for forwards the team despite having the most tpe shows that the team isn't confident with the forward on the ice for big moments and another team may value him more. That or they risk losing him for nothing potentially due to retirement or free agency after next season.

Most of the contenders are already set, but Texas has some room for upgrades. They're a bit behind the top 3 in their division, but an infusion of talent at the deadline could help them when playoff time rolls around. Compared to Calgary and Edmonton, who both have surpassed the 90 goals for mark, Texas' 66 goals for is not a high bar. They really need an offensive weapon that they can roll out, a difference maker if you will. Not a single player on the roster is even at a point per game mark, so it is clear that their forward core needs significant improvement. Kvalheim seems to have been hit hard by regression, with a mere 16 points, so their top gun is really slacking in the goals department. The only way to make up for such a cold streak with a high TPE player, the veteran leader who I believe is their captain, the guy they rely on to pack a scoring punch, is to find someone who can deliver on those expectations. They have not made a move at the deadline to bring in any big names in recent years, so many may not expect them to do anything this year either. But this is the optimal time to swing for the fences in the context for their contention window, and if the right guy is available, I cannot see their management being closed off to the possibility of bringing someone in. They can see that it isn't quite working, yet it also seems like it is so close to working; they just need one more piece.

The question is, who is shopping who and who do they have to give up? Texas can afford to shed a pick or two; the Renegades have had numerous high selections in the recent drafts. Perhaps, for a massive payday, Winnipeg might be willing to part with the ever-loyal, 2K TPE Nick Brain, who has been rolling high this year and is posting great numbers. It is uncertain whether Brain wants to leave, but maybe he would like a change of scenery while he is still in his prime. Putting Brain with Kvalheim could make a monster power forward line that can score with the best of them. And you could argue the Jets owe Brain the chance to play for a Cup before it is too late; the clock is ticking with him and he cannot afford to wait on an uncertain rebuild much longer. I think at any rate, the Jets are the clear candidate for who should be a seller here, it just has not worked out. This season has been yet another disappointer, so it is time to maybe go back to the drawing board and try to assemble a different core. Their top guys are all aging and running out of time, so they should sell them while they can still fetch a good price.

New England could also throw Slap McShotty's name out there, as while he has been such a great guy for them, he does not fit with their current timeline and their recent move toward youth. The right move in my eyes is for them to be a seller once again, fully committing to the youth and giving the S50 players even more time. Clear some cap space to give to the next generation so that they can train and be prepared for a bigger role. McShotty just seems like the odd man out here, all the rest of the gang are much younger or inactive. He certainly is a very talented, skilled centerman, and he could be exactly what the doctor ordered for many teams who are lacking a star on the dot. New England would be fielding a lot of phone calls; if his name was on the block, you can guarantee there would be interest from every team in the league that has room for him cap wise or roster wise. At a minimum, he could fetch two good prospects and a high pick I think. There just are very few players like him, and he is a generational talent. Any team would be thrilled to add him to their roster for a playoff run, and I think it would be good for McShotty too to get back into the playoffs. He could really light up on the ice even more if he had more to work with; good wingers by his side and a good defense to back him up could put him in 70 point territory if he plays like he has been for the Wolfpack this year.

I believe either of the two aforementioned names would be huge additions for the Texas Renegades or any middling team, one that could put them over the edge and get them in the running. They are just two targets of course, and perhaps looking for less coveted additions would be cheaper, but if you want to win, you have to go big or go home. Another middle six guy is not going to change where you're at or where you're heading, but you can bet that a 2K guy who can put up big points total is an immediate game changer. It would send a message to other teams too, that the Renegades were there to compete and meant business. And it may even help them climb up the standings to get more favorable seeding if they do it early enough instead of waiting to the deadline. All in all, I think they are definitely someone to watch at the deadline. It is anyone's guess what their plans are, but as an armchair GM, I feel like I have a good assessment of what their plans should be.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

For the Colorado Raptors, it’s really going to depend on how they do in the sims this week to see if they will be actively trading this weekend. If they do poorly, they may be looking to unload veteran players to acquire picks or younger players.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

If Winnipeg goal is to make to the playoffs this year, they need to buy. They need a better third line and third pair. They are six points behind Texas. If they don't make any moves I don't think they will make it to the playoffs.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

The Knights should be active and trade away anyone they expect to get called up after this season.  They aren't making a run for the cup and since the players are already on their way out the door it makes a ton of sense to move them for either younger guys or even more draft picks to be able to really control this upcoming draft.

Winnipeg should be active at the deadline for sure. The problem is that there aren't a ton of sellers, but Winnipeg is pushing for a playoff spot and need an upgrade to depth forwards and depth defenseman. Jack Kennedy and Osbert Whacker should be shipped out for superior pieces to augment the Jets and help them steal a playoff game or two.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

The New Orleans Specters should just buy everyone from any other team. You can't have competition if there is no one to play against, right? That seems like an easy Challenge Cup win to me, add another to the trophy case boys. Also, find a replacement for that ass Hutton guy, buddy is a liability every time he puts on the skates. I don't care if he is a rookie.

[Image: mpt3.jpg]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

EAST
New England Wolfpack
Toronto North Stars
Tampa Bay Barracuda
Baltimore Platoon

WEST
Los Angeles Panthers
Winnipeg Jets
Minnesota Monarchs
Seattle Argonauts
San Francisco Pride

All of these SHL teams should be looking to SELL. There no way any of these makes any real noise in the playoffs. So it’s Super Sales Days like every junk furniture chain you’ve ever seen.
Some just need minor tweaks and some should look to unload heftier deals for draft picks and prospects. There’s a few teams here that don’t have much left in the inventory. So it’s a grin and bear it till season 56 is finished.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

As a Calgary Dragons, I definitely think that we should go for it, since an opportunity like this doesn’t show up often, I think to add quality depth on defense and offensive minded winger for our third or fourth line.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

The team I am going to look for needing to make a trade deadline acquisition and be an active buyer is my very own Calgary Dragons. Calgary is currently holding the reins of the western conference standings with a sizable first place after twenty seven games of the regular season with lead over all the other teams in the conference with six points over their nearest contenders for the top spot in the conference, five teams are in the hunt for that second position and potentially a run at first should the Dragons momentum falter. Teams like the Edmonton Blizzard, New Orleans Specters, Texas Renegades and Los Angeles Panthers are all in contention and appear poised to make a concerted push in the second half of the season to close the gap amongst each other and with Calgary. As a result I think it will be important for Calgary to shore up some of their weaknesses to stay a top of the western conference and contend with some of the top power house teams in the eastern conference including the Hamilton Steelhawks who are the only team in the SHL who currently have a better record.

It really is no surprise why the Calgary Dragons have cemented itself with the top spot in the Western Conference with forty five points in twenty seven games. What makes Calgary’s ascent to the top of the western conference so impressive is really how few goals as a team they have given up. Through twenty seven games they have given up a league lowest thirty eight goals which is way under two goals a game. To this point in the season Kata Vilde has been the best goaltender in the league by a wide margin with an extremely impressive league leading seven shutouts as well as the lowest goals against average and save percentage out of an starting goaltender in the SHL this season.

In addition the defense has been outstanding as well with Calgary’s solid line up of blue liners, including Brennan Kennedy Jr., Otis Driftwood, Leopold Lockhart and Bradly Barkov, have limited the number of shots taken on Vilde. Out of all the starting goalies in the league Vilde has the shot most fewest amount of shots against showing that the defense has not let many chance go through in their own end.

Furthermore, Calgary’s offense has also been pretty strong with six Calgary forwards (Boris Boroshenko, Mikael Choybuk, Esa Parmborg, Barry Batsbak, Maxime Bouchard and Joseph Weston) having twenty five points or over so far with many playing at over a point a game pace. What is all the more impressive with the scoring and point production is the balance within the offense created by the unselfish play of the Calgary forwards as they have gotten even really involved in the scoring within the top six forwards. However, one area of improvement that will be needed to push the Dragons over the top will be their third line. Anders Christiansen and Atlas Rush have each produced ten and twelve points respectively so far in twenty seven games which is underwhelming for one of the hottest offenses in the league. I would look at third line forward upgrades for their playoff push if possible with one or both of these players if possible from a team like the San Francisco Pride who have been at the bottom of the league who have an attractable season fifty winger with over 1400tpe Henrik Lekberg Osterman who I would not be surprised would be available. Another option from the Pride who is a bit older and more of a short term rental would be season forty three left winger Jeff Brogen who is also over 1400tpe.

By adding another piece or two for their third line (which is not even that weak) the Dragons would improve on their incredibly strong roster with such balanced on offense and an iron curtain defense, it would be even more tough for any team to beat the Dragons on a night basis or even try to take their top spot in the Western Conference.

Word Count: 691

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

It could be argued that my own team, the Argonauts, should be selling off some of our great veterans to further build for the future, but I'd be really sad to see them go.  I would just as soon run these stars out there and give the fans a chance at a win every night and the rest of the team can grow into their greatness.