Create Account

S56 SMJHL PT #4 - OT6

You love your teammates, but there are so many other awesome players and personalities around the SMJHL. What if you got the opportunity to choose to play with people from other teams? Who would you take and why?

Task

Written option: Choose 5 other SMJHL players who are NOT on your team to complete a starting lineup that includes yourself. Use whatever criteria you want and tell us about it and/or how the six of you would get along if you did play together (150+ words).

Graphic option: Make a graphic depicting you + your 5 choices - could be a magazine cover, an All-Star roster announcement, a dream you once had, whatever. Must include at least one render.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)

Only S56 SMJHL Rookies (S57 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday October 18th @ 11:59pm Eastern.

Link to PBE and NSFL PTs here to claim welfare.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

The Line-Up

James Hagan - Lassi Suhonen - Liam Slate
Jed Mosley Jr - Jari Heikkinen
Hugo Grönroos

For the most part, this pairing actually makes a lot of sense. Suhonen, Slate, Mosley Jr, Heikkinen, and Gronroos are all from interconnected player agencies: though they may not have played together themselves, there's enough of a common bond that they could reasonably be expected to function well together as a team. That is ultimately the main criteria you want when putting together any team at the SMJHL level. Suhohen is already a solid center: he isn't dominating the league, but he provides an exceptional two-way game that doesn't earn enough credit amongst Berserker's fans. Slate, by contrast, is an offensive mastermind who's nearly a point per game this season, and can be relied on to do a lot of heavy lifting in this imaginary line-up. He should also be able to lift Suhonen's offensive game, just as much as Suhonen's reliability could open Slate up to additional chances.

James Hagan is something of an outlier: he isn't connected to the other five in the same way. He doesn't have that shared history and, truly, he's not a fantastic player yet. But beneath his markedly average offensive performances is a fantastic shooter that would pair excellently with Slate's playmaking prowess. Chemistry is also something that factors in to the potential effectiveness of the defensive pairing. Jari Heikkinen is a mobile defenceman that, while still quite green, is honing his game and has already demonstrated some early flashes of both offensive talent, and defensive know-how. He would arguably be the weak point of the line-up. Mosley, on the other hand, is a fantastic two-way defender who can absolutely put up more points than he has managed this season, with the right team around him. He won't lead the breakout himself, but if you put him on the ice with players he can dish the plug to -- like Hagan, Suhonen, and Slate -- then you could easily expect him to be a top points-producing defender.

That leaves just Gronroos. A back-up goaltender with admittedly poor statistics. He was chosen not for the talent he's shown on the ice, but the potential that lies in his familiarity with the other players in the line-up. That goes back to the fundamental philosophy that most SMJHL GMs should be working off of: pick the players who fit together in the locker room, and that will drive them to develop. Is he the best goaltender in the league? No. But if he's in an environment with some of his closest friends, he absolutely stands a chance of being just that.

This team might not win a Four Star Cup. That much is clear. But, they could make for an interesting tandem to watch, and with the right development, they could at least put their team in the running. And in the end, that's all you can ask for.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

John Donair - Jason Desrouleaux - Daniil Nikiforov
Tinke Jutila - Jonas Kahnwald
Tyler Ward

What goalie doesn't want a high powered offense? With 43 goals between them and 38 assist. The combination of this scoring line is almost guaranteed to make any game possible. Even with a bad day from the goalie, these guys should be able to score enough to guarantee a win or at the very least a close game. All of these players have a +/- of above 5, so whenever they're on the ice they're doing a good job of scoring and not being scored on. Donair is also not afraid to throw body with his 29 hits on the season. So these should mesh well with the top defensemen in the league at the moment.

Speaking of defensemen, they're a goalies best friend aside from the posts. Kahnwald and Jutila play for the same team. Both with +/- above 15, these two seem to shut down any offensive threat that gets thrown against them. With Kahnwald's shut down style and Jutila's aggressive physical play, it should make for a few easy nights for the goalie in question.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2020, 03:37 PM by SewingWithNancy.)

This is a fun idea and I have a few ways that I could answer this. One way would be to stack savvy veterans for a solid run at a championship in a single season.  Or it would be stack a lineup of hardworking rookies that would get to play 5 seasons together and potentially win multiple championships. 

I think it is more fun to go with the latter. So without further delay.

LW - Freyja Hellstrom
C - Jonathan Granstrom
RW - Dwayne Gretzky

LD - Arsene Leclerc 
RD - Me
G - Jon St. Ark 

All 5 are in the top 15 TPE earners out of the S57 draft class, so in theory, stacking an entire line with top earners for multiple seasons could prove to be a boon for any GM as early as 2 seasons in. 
If we combine all the stats for the skaters, we can get a small snapshot of what they have accomplished so far in the 25ish games played. 
They combined for 23 goals, and 23 assists so far with 157 shots on goal. Not fantastic numbers but that is a 14% shooting percentage which isn't terrible. These numbers will only go up once they start working together and there are no vets to take over. Defensively they look a little bit more accomplished with 86 hits, 126 blocked shots, and 38 takeaways. 

Hell, Jon St Ark is already a goalie proving himself. In just 12 games started, he notched 2 shutouts! He is also boasting a .939 save percentage! Saving 247 out of 263 shots on goal. For a rookie goalie, I'd have to say these numbers are looking great.

(word count: 275)

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

LW: Mattias Birdstrom
C: Kappo Kampainen
RW: Jarmo Kekalainen
LD: Tinke Jutila
RD: Bork Lazer
G: Jon St. Ark

Norway native Mattias Birdstrom would play on my left. A defensive forward, Birdstrom would compliment well with my defensive minded style of play and work well in building the ultimate defensive unit.
My fellow countryman Jarmo Kekalainen would play on my right side. His impressive rookie debut and his defensive style of play would help me achieve my goal of a good defensive unit. 
Another fellow countryman Tinke Jutila will be on the left side of the blue line. While he may not be as flashy or as offensive-minded as other SMJHL defensemen, Jutila's defensive performances are amongst the best in the league thus far this season and he has yet to have a negative differential since joining the league three years ago.
The giant-sized Bork Lazer would play on the right size, bringing a combination of size and skill to the blue line. His defensive performances this year are amongst the best for right-sided defensemen and his mouth-watering +36 differential brings legitimacy to his defensive skill.
Who wouldn't want Jon St. Ark as his netminder? St. Ark would be the ultimate wall of defense of this defensive pairing and he'd be his reliable self and do his job. I think this is the ultimate defensive unit that would be able to shutdown any line in the SMJHL. Granted my player isn't the defensive stud right now, but he just arrived and is ready to prove to the SMJHL world that he has what it takes to be a great player.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

For the lineup I am choosing players that are having really great seasons to help out my rookie develop and to cover any mistakes he may make and to help him elevate his play.

Lineup

LW - Asclepius Perseus Flitter (COL)
C - Walton Stromberg (MET)
RW - Panda Panico (CAR)

LD - Aumy Jr. (COL)
RD - Michael Scotch (Me) (ANA)

G - Cale Amundsen (NL)

This team would make a competitive line for any team in the league that has a huge offensive upside.  The line would get along but in a rivalry sort of way as all these players have high upside and everyone is trying to show off their talents.  Everyone would help each other grow and could dominate the league and could give my rookie much needed pointers and much needed advice.  This is the type of line that will compete on the ice and get along well off it.  And having the goalie that is tied for shutouts in the league will help solidify the team for any off night they may have!  I am confident this lineup would compete for a Four Star Cup and have career SMJHL years together!
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2020, 11:07 PM by spooked.)

Daniil Nikiforov Whalers C
G 12 | A 16 | P 28

Asclepius Perseus Flitter Raptors LW
G 9 | A 14 | P 23

Liam Slate Berserkers RW
G 9 | A 16 | P 25

Grandmaster Funk Battleborn LD
G 5 | A 12 | P 17

Arsene Leclerc Outlaws RD
G 7 | A 11 | P 18

Nicolae Antonescu Scarecrows
SV% 0.922

The lineup above is one which I think would give Arsene Leclerc one of the best points records for rookies ever. I have picked some of the highest scoring players in the league, focusing on solid forwards capable of passing and putting goal pressure on themselves, and a blueline pair which sees a great setup man in Funk allowing for Leclerc to shift to the right side in order to make better use of his strong shooting! They are backed up by one of the best goalies in the league who has been putting up a solid season, with tons of minutes played so far. The lineup just works, as it has some great players outwide to move the puck to in transition, a strong center who has been supporting a huge offensive output, and a great blue line matchup who can help hold the fort and let me go up on the rush without much debate. We would probably have a bit of an issue as some of the forwards would probably like to score themselves a bit more rather than putting up assists, but as a D, an assist is just about as good as a goal anyways since goals are fairly random to come by from the blueline! 160~170 something words.

Cian McFelter was sitting at the local pub with Brennan Huff and Vlastislav Malik after another rough day of training. The lads had been putting in extra work to try to get on the same page and help dig the Knights out of the poor run of form they were experiencing lately. It was the usual banter, McFelter was bragging about scoring more goals than the others, Malik calling him a puck hog, and Huff was checking his draft ranking for the 13th time that hour. Then Malik asked the craziest question: Who would you want to play with in the league if you couldn’t play with us?

McFelter thought for a minute. Goalie Jon St. Ark from the Vancouver Whalers would be great to have on the team. Especially since McFelter was sick of facing him this season. No matter how hard they tried, the Knights just couldn’t figure out how to beat the Whalers with him in net. On D, it would have to be Robert Feltersnatch from the Colorado Raptors and Sean Gatez of the Maine Timeber. Feltersnatch was proving to be a great up and coming offensive defenseman and McFelter saw the draw of playing with a blue-liner that had an offensive mindset. Gatez was similar, with his offensive skills shining more than his defensive skills. To have 2 defenseman to push the play in the oppositions end would be fun hockey, indeed! On his left would be Dwayne Gretzky from the Newfoundland Beserkers. The winger was proving to have a well rounded game, capable of scoring as well as dishing out assists. And to fill out the line would be Freyja Hellstrom and her amazing goal scoring abilities. The Carolina Kraken winger would be the main shooter on the roster, and most effective one at that.

After thinking for a second, McFelter simply smiled and said “I’m already playing with the best line in hockey, why would I want to play with anyone else?”

And that’s when Huff smacked him in the face with a ketchup packet.

342 words

[Image: GxHbd5R.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
Thnx @Carpy48 for the sig!

For my lineup, I am picking players that aren't necessarily known to play great, but has great upside potential. As a group of forward, I am picking the triplets because of the chemistry they have off and on the Ice. For my defensive Partner, I would pick Grandmaster Funk because of his great offensive upside.
As a goaler, the choosen would be noother than John St.Ark. his 0.930 season save % clearly shows how much of an impact he can make on any group of players, especially as a first year draftee. As a whole, we would have a pretty young group of players with great offensive potential on the blue line and a great two-way group of forward. With the young but succesful Funk, the triplets and the goalie sensation, sky is the limit.

Brennan Huff - Cian McFelter - Vladislav Malik

Robert Feltersnatch - Grandmaster Funk

John St. Ark

151 words

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 10:20 AM by eagle_brand.)

RD - Jimmy Nutcluster     Falcons 
LD - Michael Withecheck Armada
RW - Devin Basher            Whalers
LW - Ryu Jones                   Outlaws
CENTER - Mack Daddy      Raptors 
GOALIE - Blunt Man          Kraken

With these powers combined, nothing will stop the massive mush pot of falcons, boats, whales, criminal rabbits and giant octopi. These talents and muscles will stop everything and everyone in there path. First, it's coming up with a team plan. Who will go where and when and how we will go about the ice. Jimmy Nutcluster, a defensemen for the right, keeps heavy feet in making sure the puck never gets by. Michael Withecheck, a leftie defensie, blocking any shot that was trying to slip through. Devin Basher, a right winger for the whalies up in cold town and orca city, never failed to let down his team with all the hard work he's done. Also he once sucked my cock in high school. Ryu Jones, a man of mystery, always keeping left to the ice, has his eyes peeled at all time and his reflexes are beyond this world. Mack Daddy, a man who isn't afraid to throw himself to the puck as it's whipping by him. He's broken about every bone in his body due to hockey related injuries. Blunt Man, a real wall, a real puck-stopper, is a man you could only wish to come anywhere close to being in your miserable life. Blunt has stopped every single puck whip I have seen and together, all our skills combined, the greatest game of ice hockey every played is about to srart. 

HORN SOUNDS

[Image: Zr5MBcp.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 02:06 PM by 3lewsers.)

Line-Up

LW Dwayne Gretzky
C Walton Stromberg
RW Panda Panico
LD Slimey Snail
RD Emilia Bergman
G Vincent Mietitore

I have watched other teams extensively and believe that the roster I assembled above is a force to be reckoned with. Center Walter Stromberg is a master facilitator that can distribute the puck with great accuracy and also has a great ability to get the puck in the net and has a very high shooting percentage. Right Winger Panda Panico is a scorer with a mean streak that isn't afraid to lay someone out, and has 67 hits through 27 games. Left Defenseman Slimey Snail is a bruiser that sacrifices his body for the team, with 92 hits and 46 blocked shots through 28 games. He also is plus-11 in the plus/minus category. He only has 26 penalty minutes making him a very smart defenseman that stays on the ice. Right Defenseman Emilia Bergman has a playing style similar to Snail and the two of them would be an amazing pair on the ice. Goalie Vincent Mietitore is a solid keeper that does not get rattled and can keep you in every game. His 13 wins and low goals against make him the perfect complement to the roster assembled here.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 05:33 PM by Halkohol.)

G - Jon St. Ark Whalers

LD - Ruggs McOoooh Raptors
RD - Sean Gatez Timber

LW - Anna Pontecorvo Knights
C - Jonathan Granström Falcons
RW - Freyja Hellström Kraken

These six players are all part of the S57 draft class and each and every one of them have been nothing but a good experience to share my draft class with. While not everyone is at the top TPE for this class (yet), every single one is active and earning TPE at max rate, showing a clear improvement. Some of the players are already having an insane season and by that I am especially thinking of St. Ark. I love this draft class and wish for sure that I can play in the same team as at least one of these players in the future, every single one is destined to become something great and it shows with how active they all are in earning TPE. I have also made care to only select rookies and not recreates as we share a special kind of bond.

(173 words)

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

LW: John Donair
C: James Boxman II
RW: Liam Slate

LD: Aumy Jr.
RD: Rude Sniff

G: Cale Amundsen

My criteria for this starting lineup is "One of These Things is not Like the Others". John Donair, James Boxman II, Liam Slate, Aumy Jr., and Cale Amundsen are the best players in the league at their positions. Rude Sniff is not even close to that caliber of a player. When people see this lineup take the ice the crowd collectively asks "why!?". When Rude Sniff excitedly reads the starting lineup to the locker room, the boys collectively ask "why!?". If this was a practical joke by the coach, it's not funny, and Rude Sniff is the most hated player on the team for it. What the other boys don't know is that Rude Sniff has the potential to be better than any of them given time and the opportunity to play with them. Seriously, they don't know it. They've never seen any evidence of it and they won't see it any time soon.

173 words

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

So If I were to put together my dream team, I would first would like to have an elite sniper coupled that with an elite playmaker. The third man on the front line would have to bring some grit, sandpaper if you will to go deep in the corners to dig out some pucks but still have some offensive acumen to at least hand the puck over to the playmaker which by my terms should be a centreman. Moving the the lineup to our defense, obviously one will be a quarter back of sorts but also with some defensive prowess to his game. The other d-,man will have to be more defensively inclined and have a mean streak, cause I like my defense to make the opposition pay the price for some top end real estate in front of my crease. Scouting the junior rosters and smjhl season stats, I have come up with this fantastic 6:

LW- Vaseline Podacalzone (grinder) C- Vladimir Petrov (playmaker) RW- Vincent Wolfe (sniper)
LD- Teddy Park (hitter/defensive d-man) RD- Axel Foley (offensive d-man)
G- Yanno Rosejac (Me)

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

I'm sticking to S57 rookies so I can look back on this someday and see which players from my own draft class I was able to play with later and where we all ended up.

Dream Team
LW Vlastislav Malik - C Jonathan Granstrom - RW Freyja Hellstrom
LD Robert Feltersnatch - RD Rude Sniff
G - Jon St. Ark

G - Jon St. Ark: This one's a bit of a no-brainer. Jon is currently the highest TPE G of the S57 draft class and is having himself an awesome rookie SMJHL season. His .930 save % and 1.61 GAA in 13 GP speak for themselves.
LD - Robert Feltersnatch: Robert's a good friend that joined around the same time as me (coming over from HD). We'll continue growing together and hopefully play together someday. His OFD build will serve well in offensive situations and on the PP. He's only got a couple points thus far in 30 GP, but is mainly being deployed in defensive situations in his rookie season.
RD - Rude Sniff: Rude's defensive style of play fits perfectly with Robert's offensive tendencies. This pair of TWD-OFD will keep opponents on their toes at all times!
LW - Vlastislav Malik: That's me! Why wouldn't you want me on your team? TWF-PWF hybrid. Can be deployed in all situations.
C - Jonathan Granstrom: His combo of good passing and shooting skills will come in quite handy with Vlastislav buzzing around the net and getting open whenever he can. He's also dependable in defensive situations doing fairly well playing 2:01min of SH time.
RW - Freyja Hellstrom: With a knack for getting open and also bringing dependability on both sides of the ice, Freyja has racked up 15 P in 27 GP. And that's all on 5on5!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]