Create Account

S56 SMJHL PT #4 - OT6

Larry Foulke: Yeah, bet you didn't expect me. Honestly, I just need a break from working on international rosters. As for this, I guess I can give a good go on this. And I'll also challenge myself: I'll only use S57 Rookies and only one per team.

In goal, I'll pick Jon St Ark from Whalers. Whilst his name honestly reminds me from the city of St Ark in Usea, he is also a damn fine goalie that has already pushed his way as a must watch.

Our first defensemen will be...........*sigh* I hate saying his full name. Ren-Ekelemchi Shimizu-Okoli is a decent one to watch in the defensemen role. He's very physical and fast in Raptors and. like his elder cousin, is a good locker room guy from what I hear...........still, damn his full name.

To pair with him, I have Jari Heikannen from :Citadeles:. Long scouteed since he was in the kids league, Jari has finally arrived to kick ass and score points........and mainly score points.

Now for our forwards, and who better to start with than with Falcons rookie, Jonathan Granstrom. A rather relaxed guy, he is very accurate with his 24% shot percentage. Also a decent detectivein his own right.

Next up is the only active player who is elegible to even touch the #99. That's right, hailing from :beserkers:, its Dwayne Gretzy, and like his dad, he is looking to lay havoc in the SHL soon.

Finally, the deserts of Nevada and their Battleborn have sent me a letter, basically saying "If you don't pick Rob Wright in you team, we will send you to Brazil"............yeah, Rob Wright, welcome to the team.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

For this PT i'll be writing about the friends i have around the SMJHL that I'd like to play with.

C - Pablo Salvatici: This me
LW - Zdenko Beranek: Despite the amount that I think I've antagonized ztevans I consider him a friend and I've enjoyed playing with him in the past.
RW - Mikael Koskinen: I haven't had a chance to play with storm in literally years and he's one of my oldest friends from this site.
D - Evangelos Giannopoulos: jss is someone I got to know a lot in the past couple years, and playing with him again would be a lot of fun.
D - Adam Friedland: I always enjoy when Bongo pops into the Anchorage LR and it would be an absolute blast to play with him.
G - Jon St. Ark: While I haven't talked to Arkz a whole lot, the bit that I have he's been great and is building one hell of a goalie.

157 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Long John Donair - Jake Peralta - Ryu Jones James Leblond - Grandmaster Funk Yanno Rosejac, I think that we would make a really good team, and be able to work well together, and who would not want to be on a team with someone with the title Grandmaster Funk. I feel like we could get some really good chemistry out of this team and have a good amount of fun. We would be able to rule all the lands and by lands I mean the ice lands. I feel like we would be able to have fun even in less fun situations as well as being able to keep positivity up during non ideal situations. We would be able to help each other in game and even chat to increase that chemistry. In conclusion it would be great to be able to play with this people, it would be overall a fun time, and we will rule the ice lands forever.

For this exercise I decided to go with a strict criterium, of people whos names I recognized. I also gave a slight focus on my fellow S57 players because we have such a talented class and it would be great to show up the old guys. I feel like in a game scenario this lineup would have amazing potential mixed with a strong need to win that would ultimately lead to results.

Freya Hellstrom - Jonathan Grannstrom - Liam Slate
Ruggs McOoooh - Arsene Leclerc
Jon St Ark

I specifically picked Leclerc as my defensive linemate because I feel like he would be the ideal playertype to compliment my style. Already having 20 points he would take the point on offense while I help keep people off his back and cover up any holes on the back end. In terms of playing together I think these players are so young and adaptable I can’t imagine there would be any problem with playstyles not meshing. I’m sure that as soon as this lineup hit the ice, the oppositions goal would be lighting up.

For this I'd like to explore the best starting lineup which should have been for the western all-stars. As you'll see, most of these players are members of the Anaheim Outlaws. This is due to the outstanding play coming from Anaheim this season so far. All but one of these players on this list actually made the all-star lineup this year. That player being Vincent Mietitore. Vincent so far this season has 16 wins (tied for the most by any goalie). The downside to Vincent's game is would be his goals against average. So far this season he has a 2.86 GAA compared to Ark who had a 1.55 and Supernaw who has a 2.35. Both of these goalies also have a great save percentage this year.

Below you can find what should have been for the western all-stars.

C - James Boxman II
LW - Theo Kondos
RW - "Long" John Donair
D - Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk
D - James LeBlond
G - Vincent Mietitore

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

For my personal dream combination of players not from my team I would obviously foucs on choosing some dudes who are off to great season. So feel my line would definitely consistent of something like this:

LW - Freyja Hellstrom
C - Jonathan Granstrom
RW - Jarmo Kekalainen

LD - Ruggs McOoooh
RD - Farley Hank (Me)

G - Nicolae Anonescu

Something all these guys share in common is all positive experiences on and off the ice with Farley Hank. Though Nicolae Anonecu is a different breed, this dude is already off to a pretty great season with a current SV% of .919 and while his Win-loss ratio might not best reflect his current skill, his average game rating of 75 is more than enough to show his natural ability.