Create Account

S56 SMJHL PT #4 - OT6

Oh yeah, time to build the dream team. As others have done before me, I'm going to stick with the S57 Draft Class, because that's more fun and they would be the only ones about to read this on the off chance they are scrolling through replies.

First, let's get the obvious out of the way: Jon St. Ark -  Whalers is going to be in the goal. 1.61 GAA, .930 SV%, its hard to argue with that. So with the goalie backstopping this squad, let's take a look at the other positions. Three forwards and a pair of defensemen to make up the top grouping of this team. First, let's take a look at the forwards:

Center - Pablo Salvatici - Armada  

6 G - 5 A - 11 P 
We're going to start things off with Pablo here at Center. Yeah you might want to see more assists out of this position, but I'm not going to fault a guy for being the primary playmaker on his line. Pablo has a nose for the net, and that goes a long way, especially if his wingers are having slow nights. 

Right Wing - Jarmo Kekalainen - Berserkers 
2 G - 9 A - 11 P 
Here's the guy that's going to reign in Pablo. A bit healthier on the assist side, but with some strong defensive play considering his +/-is a 7. He's responsible with the puck, and can be the oil in this top line to keep things moving and everyone involved on both ends of the ice. Would love to see what he can do anchoring a power play. 

Left Wing - Freya Hellstrom - Kraken 
10 G - 6 A - 16 P 
Here's the talent on the line that's going to elevate Jarmo and Pablo. Freyja is an absolute sniper, currently converting on 20% of her shots. She's a bit weaker in the defensive side of the game, but that's why we have Jarmo here to back her up. However, this line might be tempted to try and score as many goals as possible and call it a day. 

Swapping to defense we have: 

Left Defense - Arsene Leclerc - Outlaws 
7 G - 13 A - 20 P 
When this question was posted, Leclerc was the first name I thought of to be part of this team. Talk about a puck moving defensemen, Leclerc is going to make every single person on the ice better with his play. Beyond just his eye catching totals, he's also collecting a ton of ice time (21:10) and has made his presence felt on the power play as well. He even has a short-handed shot and assist. This is probably the front-runner for Rookie of the Year, and a must-have on any team. 

Right Defense - Jari Heikkinen - Citadelles
3 G - 7 A - 10 P 
Yeah, the +/- doesn't look that great for Jari but I'm going to put that more on his team around him than anything else. When I look at some of the deeper stats, like his 21 hits, close to 1:1 giveaway/takeaway numbers, and 17 blocked shots, this guy jumps out to me as the defensemen this squad needs to keep them honest. Someone who is going to be careful with the puck and play their heart out. There's plenty of goal scoring talent on this roster, but a little extra help defensively goes a long way. 

And that's the squad! Tough to beat, with a lot of offensive pressure and a very solid defensive core. 

Code:
Word count: 576

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 02:55 PM by MattyIce.)

I'm pretty new here in these parts, so if I'm going to base my selections on personal taste or individual accomplishments, I'm severely lacking in both departments, as I know very few people league-wide and I have no idea who is who...

Yet...

Anyway, I'll start off from the goal outward:

Whalers G - Name Redacted - He doesn't get alot of starts.  He will here, his stats are crazy solid.
Kraken D - Axel Foley - He can find the open man quite well, so he will slot in nicely on my roster
Citadelles D - Jasper Maximov - A friend of mine from another sim league, doesn't hurt to have a familiar face on the club.
Raptors LW - Sonata Diamante - I'm gonna play wing next to these studs.  I need to be insulated!!!
Outlaws C - James Boxman III - Another buddy of mine.  I'll need his league-leading scoring touch, cause any good team needs a scoring workhorse down the middle.
Berserkers RW - Liam Slate - Because why not add a star playmaking winger from Newfoundland...

That about sums it up!

186 words

[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
MattyIce Wrote:

LW Anna Pontecorvo  Knights
C Anton Mihailov  Falcons
RW Tokkululu Lakkamaa  Armada

LD Arsene Leclerc  Outlaws
RD Jari Heikkinen  Citadelles

G Jon St. Ark  Whalers

I started build this lineup by creating two rules, I wanted to pick most promising players from my rookie class, but I also wanted pick each of them from different teams. I think that Pontecorvo and Lakkamaa can use my passes very well and score a lot of goalies, when we have the best defence pair in S57 class Leclerc and Heikkinen. I'm pretty sure that lineup will be stars at their own teams someday, maybe even next season and all of us have every possibilities to be part of stars at SHL too in future! I will watch all of those rookies development very closely, because I also try compete against them at same time, since they all plays different team than I do!

I think that would be also fun to see at All Stars game some day, maybe in fantasy but still! Dream is still alive guys! Now it's all up to your guys and fellas!

(159 words)

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 07:45 AM by retuperkele.)

LW: Long John Donair  Outlaws

C: Luukas Lilja  Kraken

RW: Theo Kondos  Armada

LD: Grandmaster Funk  Battleborn

RD: Bork Lazer  Armada

G: Tyler Ward  Citadelles

Alright, so here's my lineup. Long story short, Long John Donair is a must at the moment. Current leading goalscorer in the minor league with astonishing 24.04% shots going into the back of the net. Donair is one of the two people who carry the weight of the Anaheim Outlaws in standings. Luukas Lilja is my center in this draft. He is a strong two-way player with massive playmaking potential, which is also one of the reasons I chose Donair as his left winger, because in a perfect scenario Donair gets open and Lilja just slides it through to him, easy. Right win, Theo Kondos, is also more of a playmaking player rather than goalscoring person, but he lacks defensive quantities of Lilja, which is why I pick him alongside Donair for those two to wreck havoc in the offensive zone, while defenders and Lilja can allow them to be offensive. Grandmaster Funk is my first defender, simply because you can never have too much offense. If Lilja's offensive presence isn't enough this guy can cover and open up space via blueline. Funk is also an excellent powerplay player, so far this setup works with either powerplay or even play. Bork Lazer, my second defender, is the definition of a defender, the big boss, the last one standing before the goaltender. His defensive quantities are through the roof and therefore a perfect fit for my team. Last but not least, my goaltender, Tyler Ward - is without any question one of the best goaltenders in the league at the moment. He is sharing his gametime with Whalers goalie Name Redacted, but Ward is the better half without a doubt. His .938% save percentage and 1.77GA make him a reliable fit between the posts.

Words: 293 (excludes names logos etc)

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

I too, am going to focus on S57 rookies as that's the crew I'm most familiar with! Sorry for being unoriginal. So here's my rookie lineup

LW- Jarmo Kekalainen Raptors (me!).

C- Rob Wright Battleborn Going with my former teammate and 2nd overall selection at the S56 SMJHL draft. Nevada is having a fantastic season, and their prized rookie hasn't disappointed. 4 goals and 10 assists on the season. He's been a great piece of their depth.

RW- Jonathan Granstrom Falcons Granstrom was the 3rd overall selection, and has been a terrific earner. With nine points, he's having a solid rookie year. He is among the leaders (if not THE leader, haven't checked everyone) in TPE for his class. A future stud if he keeps it up

D- Arsene Leclerc Outlaws Okay, I've already found someone higher than Granstrom. Leclerc was the first overall pick, and has really impressed with Anaheim. He's got twenty points on the year, and is having an amazing season. Well on his way to a first overall selection in the SHL draft as well.

D- Wen Baters Falcons Baters was a 2nd round selection, and has done a great job earning and is proving himself to be a good shot blocker with 44 in 32 games.

G- Jon St. Ark Whalers The Whalers took St. Ark at 6th overall with clear intentions to make him their goalie of the future. He hasn't disappointed, posting 12 wins in 15 games, with a GAA of 1.66 and a SV% of .929. St. Ark certainly looks like a future number one goalie, and Vancouver fans should be thrilled to have him!

I'm going with a lineup based on players with the highest Game Ratings in the league. Since GR seems to reflect overall performance on the ice on both offense and defense, I'm aiming to have a lineup to dominate on the ice.

Whalers - G - Jon St. Ark
I said it once, I'll say it again. I can't believe this guy is a S57 rookie. 1.59 GAA over 17 games played, this guy is a brick wall.

Battleborn - LD - Grandmaster Funk
23 points for defenseman is impressive. However, it's the 81 in DGR that is the most impressive about Funk. A true quarterback on the ice with outstanding defensive IQ.

Berserkers - RD - Boris Petrov
I mean, other than having the best GR in all RDs in the SMJHL, this is the guy you want on the ice to protect you. He will fight for the team. Literally.

Whalers - LW - Devin Basher
Basher has a plus/minus of 13, a 10.75% shooting percentage, and 35 shots blocked. 66 in OGR and 68 in DGR. Absolutely underrated two way winger.

Outlaws - C - James Boxman II
I'm cheating a bit on this one. Not the best in GR at his position (by only 1), but 14.81% shooting percentage and 51 points in 34 GP is too good to pass.

Knights - RW - Brennan Huff
I can't talk about stats for Huff. Has great team spirit and the determination of a champion. Again, let's not talk about stats.

253 words.

[Image: Ympmk6b.png]
[Image: KXQzCef.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png][Image: iB9r7kM.png]
Huge thanks to @Carpy48 and @sulovilen for the signature!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

Dwayne Gretzky - LW Berserkers
Rob Wright - C Battleborn
Freyja Hellström - RW Kraken

Arsene Leclerc - LD Outlaws
Johnny Shuffleboard - RD Whalers

Nicolae Antonescu - G Scarecrows

To start, we have rookie Dwayne Gretzky, the American-born all-around skilled left winger. Not only a professional hockey player, also a remarkable cook. He can dish the puck and the pieZANO.
Then we hit you with that Freyja Hellström, another rookie, this time a young swedish lass. Hellstrom is a speedy winger who can put the buns in the basket and the biscuits in the back of the net.
On left defense we have Arsene Leclerc, yet another rookie, the French phenom they call him. With Leclerc's fantastic well-rounded 200-foot game, we'll have the confidence to get in the deep dirty areas as forwards.
Across from him, on right defense, we managed to nab Johnny Shuffleboard, the two-seasoned American. We know we can depend on Shuffleboard to keep pucks headed toward the net.
For goalie we looked to no further than Nicolae Antonescu, the Romanian rogue. Antonescu stands before you accused of stealing goals away from teams with his quick glove. He always makes an impact.
And at Center, Rob Wright. We'll see if the rook can skate without suffering a wet crotch on his first day.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

C-Marabelle octive :scarecrows: because I can and will rule the roost in my own world anyways.
RW-Blaze [Image: falcons2.png] because he is an all star like the rest of theses guys and cool name bet hes a hard hitter with a firey temper to match
LW- Daddy [Image: raptors.png] because well awesome name seems like a fun guy....... trying really hard not to make this dirty but ......daddy kink
RD - Biscuit [Image: armada.png] sounds tasty add a little butter and cheese num~
LD Foley [Image: kraken.png] macfoley need I say more awesome wrestler could be fun on the ice bet hes got multiple personas and puts a sock on his hand named socco 

G - Supernaw [Image: battleborn.png] fantastic name for a goalie like naw bro no goal for you now take that back to your zone #scores goal on other teams net from their own net
I chose this line up being new to this game because funny names and I feel the chemistry on the team would be amazing and we would be unstoppable. 

[url= [Image: Oy8U8dT.png]][Image: Oy8U8dT.png][/url]

[Image: de5flox-cf4af03e-5f25-488a-b8cc-c8076ec1...KJiJaDKnx0]

At Goalie I'm going to have to go with John St. Ark. He's a hard worker and he's got a quick glove. Also he'd play poker and that's always a plus.

At Right Defense I'm going to pick Joorgustraad DuBolk. His last name implies that he's going to probably going to hit you really hard. He's a big reason that Anaheim's defense has improved this year.

At Left Defense I'm going to pick Axel Foley. Dude's a Power Play Quarterback. He'd help my game offensively and that's a big plus for me. I'm not crazy about defense but those coaches in Newfoundland insist I play it.

At Right Wing I'd like to have Bryce McMahon because he plays a really good two way game and is a really good play maker. By having him on my line I'd have more space to score goals.

Lastly at Center I'd pick James Boxman II. There is no better player maker in the J right now. As a goal scoring winger I'd love to have someone who could set me up like that night in and night out.

At Left Wing me (Bas O'Bigbers).

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

ISFL PT

There are so many different angles one could take in the formation of a team like this. But in the strange dream that befell Freyja this week, the team she found herself on was made up of only H last names. So that will give us the following stars:

LW - Freyja Hellström of the Carolina Kraken
C - Alex Haas of the St Louis Scarecrows
RW - James Hagan of the Kelowna Knights

LD - Farley Hank of the Anaheim Outlaws
RD - Chet Hillier of the Anaheim Outlaws

G - Name Redacted of the Vancouver Whalers

Now, I know that you look at the goalie and say, well that just won't do. But in the absence of a proper H surname to stick in goal, we've gone with Redacted in the hope that deep down there's a capital H that we can use. Either way, you can't prove there isn't one, so he is joining our crew for this fever dream. The H crew has so many opportunities for a catchy nickname. But because Ms. Freyja Hellström is the centerpiece, we're going to affectionately call them the Hellraisers and call it a day. This crew is ready to dominate on the ice and live their best lives.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]

LW Rotticus Scott
C Jason Desrouleaux
RW Devin Basher
LD Wen Baters
RD Arsene Leclerc
G Jon St.Ark

This lineup includes Wen and his closest friends around the league. Rotticus Scott is an elite playmaking winger who recently left the Syndicate organization to sign with the Hamilton Steelhawks, he's a really stupid guy but his stupidity is very comedic and therefore he is Wen's friend. Jason Desrouleaux is a stonecold sniper, nobody can score like this guy. He's also a member of the Hamilton Steelhawks, and is also incredibly dumb, and he cant play center, but guess what! he can try! Devin Basher might be the dumbest of all, a shit winger who cant do anything and is bad. He reminds me of dumber from dumb and dumber. Arsène Leclerc is the smartest of the bunch, with a huge cock to boot. He will be my defensive partner. Finally, Jon St.Ark, who I don't know very well, but he seems nice and i dont know any of the other goalies. This roster will be win thanks to its incredible chemistry as well as the combined cock size, which is well over 70 inches.

@RotticusScott @Gooney @HanTheMan_ (dumb underscore in your name han no reason for it) @spooked @Arkz

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Hugo Grönroos is a big brain type of guy. Low in physical ability, but massive cranial energy. As a result, Hugo's efforts on the ice are what we would call substandard. This means he needs a supporting cast of talented but dim individuals (hugo must always be the smartest on the ice or the equilibrium falls apart) to make up for his lack of skill. These are those individuals, ordered in no specific way.

Theo Kondos - Kondos brings unquestioning faith and loyalty. An empty shell to be used as a weapon on the ice. His skull is completely empty making it easy to fill with adrenaline pumping propaganda making him a vengeful monster on the ice.

Pojo Biscuit - His skull isn't empty, but you can still hear the hamster running around sometimes so it's not all there, but man can he skate. What a monster.

Jed Mosley Jr. - what he lacks in brains he makes up for in raw sexual energy.

Yngve Simonsson - second lw don't care. small brain big heart. maybe too big, he might have a condition. Should probably get it checked out.

Konrad Danke - brain so small it's in danger of creating a singularity

Hugo Grönroos - hey that's me

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

If I had to choose a starting lineup to play with my player every single game I’d probably go with some of my Quebec City Citadelles teammates. But, if I wasn’t allowed to choose a single one of them, I’d probably just base my team off of simply goals, assists and points. I want my player to be a high scoring one eventually, so having players who can help accomplish that would be awesome to see.

At center I would have James Boxman from Anaheim, who has had a great season and leads the SMJHL in points.

At left wing I’d like to have another Anaheim player in "Long" John Donair, since he is second in the lead in points.

On defence I’d like a pairing of Carolinas Axel Foley and Ahaheims Joorgustraad DuBolk, as they are leading the defensemen in points and other metrics on their respective sides.

Finally, for goalies I’d like to have Vancouver’s Jon St. Ark if I wasn’t allowed to have Tyler Ward and Mat Smith shutting down the opponents offense.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen