Create Account

S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub

Oscar Cordero is a player who should be in the HOF. He was a star with the Kelowna Knights, and went to have a very long career with the Minnesota Chiefs. He seems to be a after though now around the league, but in the end he was quite possibly one of the best snipers to ever play in the league. Many young kids modeled their games after him. If you look around the league, many of the current players play a style that was pioneered by Cordero. He truly was one of the best to ever play the game, and it is an insult that he isn't in the HOF. How could such an influential figure in the history of the league not be in the HOF, it is a joke. Cordero should be in the HOF, there is no question. If you question why he should be in the HOF, then you clearly don't know the history of the league and the impact he had on the sport of hockey.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 11:34 PM by DollarAndADream.)

A player that I think could be at least on a ballet to be in the Hall of Fame is Michael Boychuk. He is a Calgary Dragons legend of a defenseman, and one of the best Dragons defensemen of all time. 558 points in 952 games with 19 seasons under his belt, he was part of the Dragons dynasty that won all those cups in the Esa Anrikkanen era. He has 1025 hits to his name, and 1034 blocked shots. He's the all-time leader in points by a defenseman for the Calgary Dragons, and also the leader in the same category for the playoffs. Boychuk always stepped it up in the playoffs, and was a big reason for those 5 Challenge Cup victories for the Calgary Dragons. I think that for all the defensive stats, not to mention the clutch performances and his presence on the Dragons leaderboards should put him in the running.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

So the player i think deserves to be in the Hall of Fame is West Kendall Platoon legend, Alex Light. over his 18 season career in which he played for West Kendell his entire career for. In 900 games he scored 331 goals and 395 assists for 726 points. He holds the franchise record  West Kendall in games played, goals, and points. he won 2 Four Star Cups and 3 Challenge Cups. the reason i think he should be in the Hall of Fame is that he was a dominant player his entire career, he lead West Kendall too two Cups as their captain. Though there are a few things that hold Alex Light back from getting into the Hall of Fame, first is his lack of individual awards. In his career he didnt win any individual awards, meaning that during each season even though he was a strong player, he was never the best in one area of his game. But i think the biggest thing holding back Alex Light from the game is the fact that his player is tied to the user @Zoone and no body like that guy.

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 11:47 PM by ml002.)

In my opinion, the retired skater who hadn't made the Hall of Fame yet, but deserves it is Alex Light. For those of us who were around from the late S30's through the S40's all should know who he is. He was the ever consistent 40 point a season guy for the Platoon throughout the S40s. He was overshadowed by the bigger names on his own team, mostly Dani Forsberg, but it felt like every season you knew exactly what you'd get from him. He finished with 726 points in 900 career games and was a key member of three Challenge Cup wins for the then West Kendall Platoon. Now the biggest hit against him is the lack of individual league accolades, but he did finish his career as the Platoon's all time leading scorer and I think that makes him deserving of getting into the Hall. Light is one of his teams greatest ever players and was a key member of three cup winning teams. Light is more than deserving of a place with the legends of the league. @Zoone16

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

The retired player that I believe should be inducted into the hall of fame is none other then goaltender Jeff Kirkstone. After a career that lasted 12 seasons, Kirkstone amounted 380 games played, with a win-loss record of 175-166-39. Now, that record doesn’t bode well for Kirkstone’s chances at getting into the hall of fame, but the underlying numbers are what propel Kirkstone into the conversation. Kirkstone’s save percentage over his career is roughly at 0.910, which is the second highest of any retired goalie not yet inducted into the hall of fame. This shows that while he may not have found much success, he was doing his part on a nightly basis. It should be mentioned that there are numerous goalies currently inducted into the hall of fame that had a much worse save percentage over their careers. In this case, I believe Kirkstone’s reliable performances, over a long career, should be rewarded.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

One retired player who should be in the Hall of Fame is former Buffalo Stampede goalie Cedric Robinson. While he didn't have the longest career with only 8 seasons as a starter, his peak performance has to be lauded. Robinson debuted in the SHL in S46 as Buffalo's starting goalie, playing 45 games and winning 24. In fact, in his eight seasons with the reins, Robinson only recorded fewer wins than in his rookie year once, with 22 wins in S51. His record was ultimately 207-124-30 in 374 career appearances in the net, good for a 0.615 winning percentage all time. He also recorded 22 career shutouts. When it comes to the hardware, Robinson is no slouch there, with a Mike Honcho award as the lowest GAA goalie along with three John McBride finalist appearances, and two Challenge Cups. As well, while the SMJHL awards aren't necessarily taken into consideration as much by the committee, Robinson being generally regarded as the greatest SMJHL goaltender of the entire STHS era has to be taken into account here. In short, while he didn't have the longevity, Cedric Robinson's consistency and peak performance along with his SMJHL accolades should put him into the Hall of Fame.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

I think Alex Light should be in the HOF eventually he has the 2nd highest points of any retired player after Wilson that isn't in the HoF yet and has a pretty decent point per game. What holds him back a little is the lack of individual awards compared to many other HoF players but he still has many consistent high point seasons as well as tons of cup success. With many great players retiring though its possible he could get snubbed if others take votes away from him as has happened in the past seasons. Just recently we had Phelps retire, Izzy and I think maybe Joe K, and i'm sure tons of other great players im missing all likely 1st ballot hofers that could hurt lights chances if he doesn't get in soon in potential weaker hof classes. HoF status should be interesting in future seasons with the FHM changes and the potential number of games played changes coming

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]