Create Account

The Bloomfield Trade: An inside look
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2020, 08:16 AM by BloomeyGB.)

X2 Trade Media

Roughly around the end of last season, my future in Baltimore was quite questionable. The following season was going to be the last on the contract that I signed after the SHL Draft, in which I was taken 42nd Overall. I had played 2 games for Baltimore (1 Regular and 1 Preseason) before the trade, winning both with a good SV% and GAA. But I couldn't help but notice that something was afoot. It was just a hunch, but I felt like I was on my way out. No one really said anything that would imply that my departure was imminent, but I still had an inkling. I knew that @Zoone16 wanted to start 44 games a season, and that I was slightly in the way of that, sort of like a challenger. When he was appointed Co-GM, I knew I was fucked. 

Sure enough, not long afterwards I received a line from @JR95. He put it commendably nicely that my services were no longer required and that it was only a matter of time before I would get moved on. I decided to pull the plug and ask for a trade. I was quite looking forward to knowing what teams thought my value was. 

Blizzard Receive:

Leo Bloomfield 
                                                                                   BAP S58 4th
                                                                                   BAP S59 4th

Platoon Receive:

EDM S57 5th 

I did a double take. Surely not. Wow. Every single SHL news outlet was regurgitating the news. Some called it a heist, some just plainly didn't understand. I got a few goodbye messages from the guys in Baltimore, which I found nice. However, I was still really shocked about the value of the trade. I ended up just shrugging my shoulders and getting on with it.

The hype regarding the trade died down as quickly as it came about. I'm glad I joined Edmonton, as I know that they will use me to my full potential.

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

What a deal for Edmonton!

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride