Create Account

S56 mPT #4 - Playoff Preview

The SMJHL playoffs are way too close to call this year. With 7/12 teams ranging from 50 points to 64 points, it could really go in any direction. Either way, I have to support my own team, so the prediction is that the Citadelles will be hoisting up the trophy at the end of this season.

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

I’m gonna be completely honest, with my team, the Buffalo stampede, I am certain we have the ability to make it far into the playoffs but will eventually fall to Hamilton. I think we have the talent and coaching for sure to beat them in 7 but they have just been having a phenomenal season that it makes it hard for me to bet on them losing

So the two teams that I think are going to be in the finals are the two top teams in their respective divisions. I know that is pretty cliche but both teams dominated the year so it is safe to say that they will do some work in the playoffs. I believe that Calgary does not lose any steam in the playoffs and take Hamilton head on and win in game 6!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

I think by the end of playoffs, you'll have four strong teams battling it out for their respective leagues cups. Two SMJHL teams for the Four Star Cup and two SHL teams for the Challenge Cup.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Maine Timber perform in the playoffs. I expect that they will win at least 1 series, as their first one pins them as the 7 seed, up against the 10th seeded St.Louis Scarecrows. I’m hoping they can go on another run similar to last season, when they made it all the way to the final, pulling off a couple of upsets along the way.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

While I expect at least one western team to make the semi finals, I expect an all east final probably Hamilton and Buffalo, because the west's best just doesn't get close enough to the east.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I expect with the new crazy fhm playoff format for these playoffs to be pretty interesting. Hamilton are the pretty obvious favorites with Buffalo, Chicago, Calgary, Manhattan, Edmonton and Texas all having decent chances after.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

The whole re-seeding process makes it very hard to predict what teams will end up meeting each other in the Finals. If I had to bet on , I'd go with the Calgary Dragons and the Chicago Syndicate for the SHL, with the Dragons winning it it 6. For the SMJHL, I'm expecting the Whalers and Berserkers to go to 7 games and the Whalers to come on top.

[Image: lespoils.gif]