Create Account

S56 mPT #4 - Playoff Preview

The Los Angeles Panthers will shock the world and just win the playoffs. The math for this is not that hard. Knox Booth is a goat in net and we have mf'ing Slothface now as our first line center. These two will guide us to victory!

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

The Texas Renegades have the ability to make a playoff run this season. They may not match up well against the top teams in the East but may be able to make the finals.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Sticking with what I know, Texas, I think they are a pretty solid pick to make the playoffs. The real questions is how far will they go. I could definitely see them getting through the first round, but I just dont think they have the pieces to make a deep run, yet!

[Image: horvat3.png]

Texas will finally start to make some noise this season I feel. The 1st round match up will dictate heavily on the teams overall success, but if the dice roll out right for us we could very easily see them make their first 2nd round appearance in sometime. The main thing many might be expecting is them to progress more than they should, but you have to keep in mind you have a team trying to solidify it's core, while managing the cap to stay competitive for seasons to come. This might not happen this season, but next season will be a good push forward for the renegades that will see them challenge for the west title.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

The Vancouver Whalers are an absolutely stacked team that has dominated all season long. They should be the top pick to win the four star cup. In my unbiased opinion, the whalers will be season 56 champions

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

To be honest, I am not quite sure how the playoffs will play out, especially for the Armada. We were supposed to be such a great team on paper, and we have been anything but. I am hoping for us to turn the shit on for the playoffs and wipe the floor with every team on our way to a four-star cup.

(62 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Right now, I think there are seven teams who have a shot at the Cup and I expect to see four of those seven teams in the semifinals. Those seven teams are Hamilton, Chicago, Manhattan, Buffalo, Calgary Edmonton and New Orleans.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

The Colorado Raptors came into the season with one of the best TPE rosters and have underperformed. After selling a few assets and making a few tactical changes, the team has played well recently and could really surprise observers come playoff time. Colorado has yet to win a playoff series since I’ve been here and I think a successful outcome would be to win at least one, if not two, series this playoffs.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

I think the Whalers have a good chance of winning the Four Star Cup this season. We have proved that we're a force to be reckoned with, and definitely have a solid chance this season.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I think there will be some interesting matchups in the first round as there will likely be some east versus west matchups. I also think there's a very good chance 2 teams from the Great Lakes Division will end up in the finals, although Manhattan or Calgary could surprise if they get favorable matchups through the rounds.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

The Hamilton Steelhawks, with their ungodly regular season record, will carry that into the playoffs and absolutely manhandle the league on their way to the cup.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

The Quebec City Citadelles struggled at the beginning of the season, but they seemed to have found a combination of players that works and have slowly been climbing in the standings recently. Look for them to build on this success in the playoffs and go in fighting.

The Chicago Syndicate have been nearly unstoppable for most of the season, and it seems like nothing will be able to slow them down. Don't expect this to change in the playoffs, as that's a team that's hungry to win.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 05:15 PM by StadiumGambler.)

I would like Jets vs. like the Panthers or Wolfpack or a team we can realistically beat, but I think, if we're not separating by conference, that this year's finals will be Hamilton vs Chicago. Soonika is a strong goalie with the bit between his teeth, Chicago's got some strong forward pieces in front of him, and Hamilton seems to have a very, very talented roster in front of an overachiever in goaltender A Jobin.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

I think the new playoff format and expanded list will offer some more exciting SHL playoffs. We will see more teams face each other in the post season that would only be able to meet up in the finals previously. I'm personally predicting that Chicago will be the ones holding the Cup this season.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Code:
For either the SHL or SMJHL, how do you expect the playoffs to play out? Write about a specific team's fate, the finals matchup you think we'll see, or any other elements of the upcoming playoffs you'd like to predict. Remember, FHM playoffs with 12 teams features re-seeding, so the finals may not be a typical East vs. West showdown!

The way it look, the Winnipeg Jets are on track to finish as the last seed, if they continue to stay on their current path. I believe that means we will be playing the Chicago Syndicate, who are a tough matchup. This would be a 5 vs. 12 matchup so I think we're really going to have to pull a massive upset to progress and make it far in the playoffs.

Code:
71 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]