Create Account

Media Grading
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 03:09 PM by honkerrs.)

10-18-2020, 01:06 AMOhtaay Wrote: Article one looks like part of it is just FHMs play by play output as well.

@Leafs4ever any statement on those articles being at least a quarter, or sometimes up to over half it seems, of just straight up FHM PBP output.  Shouldn't be included in grading and the grade team should know what that output looks like.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

10-19-2020, 02:28 PMLeafs4ever Wrote: So, after talking with @Zoone16, SMJHL Media Grading will be adapting the SHL bonus system. For one, it seems like most people like the system, and two, it keeps things streamlined and makes for an easier transition from league to league.

Word Count will still be the main factor, but being able to apply a multiplier of x1.1-x2 so be able to help reward quality media pieces.

As to the point of limiting the amount you can write per week, I don't see that as a positive. The last thing we want to do is stifle activity, especially in the media sections. If someone takes time out of their day to write about their player/the league, they should not be stopped from doing so. We want more articles to read, more reasons for people to be on the site, and more things for people to talk about.
Thank you very much. Like I said when I started this thread, I didn't really have a good answer. If this has been working in the SHL then yes, bring it down to the Js as well.

I'd agree that while limiting media per week would cause higher quality/longer media, that is not a good answer.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

10-19-2020, 03:08 PMhonkerrs Wrote:
10-18-2020, 01:06 AMOhtaay Wrote: Article one looks like part of it is just FHMs play by play output as well.

@Leafs4ever any statement on those articles being at least a quarter, or sometimes up to over half it seems, of just straight up FHM PBP output.  Shouldn't be included in grading and the grade team should know what that output looks like.

I've told graders to be aware of PBP's being used in articles. We'll keep being diligent in order not to give those outputs money. If we do slip up, I'm sure it will be pointed out to us and then we can rectify it.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]