Create Account

S56 SMJHL PT #5 - Highlight Reel

[Image: SRuXp2A.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

The first thing on my highlight reel would have to be my very first SMJHL Point. It came in my very first game. We were playing Anchorage and we were tied with about 7 minutes to go in the 3rd period. I was breaking down the ice with Lassi Suhonen and he passed me the puck. I went behind the net and found my Right Winger, Niccolo Livius, breaking into open space. He buried the shot and just like that I had a point in the J. As a goal scorer in Dublin Juniors I always thought my first point would be a goal.

Of course as a goal scorer my second highlight absolutely has to be my very first SMJHL Goal. It was a few games after my first point and we had a line change going on. While my teammates were still fighting for the puck up by the net a forward had come off the ice and I decided to take his spot. It was really quite simple. I happened to be completely unnoticed in the slot when Tinke Jutila gained control of the puck and found me. I then went top shelf on the glove side and just ran to the corner to celebrate my very first goal.

My third highlight was my biggest game of the season. Midway through the year St. Louis comes into town and we made it our duty to show that they were not welcome. It was an absolute blood bath of a night were I scored in the 2nd period and the 3rd period. I also had an assist on top of all that to cap off a 3 point night and 5-0 victory. It was the first time in my career I took home the first star of the night.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Due to his limited playing time, Farley Hank's top highlight reel is definitely not up there compared to some of his teammates, regardless Hank has made the most of his time and made some shocking plays to say the least.

#1. Hank's top play of the season so far has came somewhat surprisingly against the Vancouver Whalers of all teams. It was the 35th game of the season and the score was 1-0 with 16:22 still left in the first frame. Thomas Rose was able to lead a breakaway from far to the left inside the neutral zone, Rose happened to spot the last remaining defender charging in front of him and flipped the puck to a teammate to his right. That teammate happened to be the 6'7" rookie defenseman Farley Hank, who was without a doubt experiencing his first breakaway of his career. The rookie showed quite alot of inexperience on the 1 on 1 though he managed miraculously to get fake with his backhand left and use his large reach to swing the puck around the goalie's right pad.

#2. Hank's second highlight real play may be less visual impressive, though given the circumstances it definitely comes as an important goal. In the final game of the season Hank was in a 15-game stretch with only 1 point. Though he would finally manage to score one himself in the after lucky rebound off a shot from another teammate.

#3. Hank's last highlight real play actually comes as the complete opposite of the one before. The play comes from a 1-6 loss against Quebec where Hank scored his first goal of the season, and the only goal for the Outlaws during the game. Hank accomplished this be powering a shot from the point past the goalie's glove.