Create Account

GoalieScore S56 McBride Watchlist and Update

Housekeeping and Updates
To start I have made some minor updates to the equation. Firstly, Sv% weight has been adjusted from 3 to 3.5, which will reward having a higher ranked save percentage more and consequently SHAA will matter slightly less. It will probably remain at this level for the foreseeable future as I'm comfortable with the rankings as they are, and they're meant to be a helper, not a be all end all determinant of quality. This is merely a suggestion and a tool to help evaluate goalies in a way that matters more than wins. However, my next point is not a suggestion or a helper, it is a threat.

Stop using GAA as a measurement of goalie skill. It is a team stat.

Thank you. This handy guide will allow people to get an idea of who I'm looking at for McBride nominations, and who I think should (and who I think will) take home the hardware. We'll go through a couple of contenders and look at their resume and do a quick analysis of each goalie's performance. 

GoalieScore Awards
Having gone back and looked through the historical data, I thought it was kind of sad that in the FHM the GoalieScore leaders of each year go home awardless, so I decided to make my own awards, with blackjack and hookers. Both of these names are tentative and please feel free to give suggestions for names of both on the site. No active players please, either a historical player or a good meme name. Most likely it will be a temporary name until a suitable modern player can be found.

Historical Championship
The first award is the Historical Championship. This award functions like a title belt, and is awarded to the current holder of the best all-time GoalieScore. Past title holders are recognized, but they lose the title upon a better score emerging.

Historical Championship Holders:
Luca Del Vecchio: S53-54
Harry Carpet: S54-55
Markus Tegernako: S55-Present (current holder)

GoalieScore Champion of Life
The GoalieScore Champion of Life Award is awarded to the best GoalieScore holder at the end of each season.
S53: Luca Del Vecchio
S54: Harry Carpet
S55: Markus Tegernako

The 60 SHAA Club
Awarded to goalies who are the most shelled of the shelled, who average a shot faced per minute.
MEMBERS:
Tobias Lindeman
Johannes Leitner

S56 WATCHLIST:
Cillian Kavanagh
Geezus Kryyst

This Year's Data and McBride Watchlist
That's right, now that the housekeeping junk is out of the way we can talk about the current leaders. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS DATA WAS RECORDED BEFORE DAY 19 AND MAY BE SLIGHTLY OUT OF DATE BY THE TIME THIS ARTICLE IS PUBLISHED.

So firstly let's just look at the data. I have it sorted by GoalieScore. 

[Image: unknown.png?width=1025&height=382]

The Leaders

Knox Booth
Knox is the GoalieScore leader for this year and has been since I've been keeping track of this stat. Knox has led throughout this year, and has the distinction of also finishing worst among starters in a season, season 53, a performance which also was the second worst all time. However, this year has been a renaissance, with the top spot secured by Kata Vilde, Knox is in a close battle with A Jobin for second overall Sv%, which would only help his case.

Cillian Kavanagh
This year is the Year of the Tandem. This year we have more starters on record than any year before it, with multiple teams rolling out tandems. SFP, the basement team, has been one of those teams. I chose to include Kavanaugh over Kryyst on the watchlist due to his slightly better score. On what is pretty much universally considered the worst team in the league, Kavanagh has put up respectable numbers, though nothing to truly write home about.

Kata Vilde
Fun fact: Kata Vilde is the reason why I made this stat. Noticing the absurdly high SO and Sv% and absurdly low GAA made me reevaluate how teams and goalies help each other out stats-wise. In previous checks, Vilde had by far the lowest SHAA in the league at around 23-24, though that volume has increased to a higher but still below average 27.08. The presumptive favorite for the McBride, Vilde is one part of a Calgary team that boasts the best GA in the league.

Luca Del Vecchio
GoalieScore top scores veteran Luca Del Vecchio makes his 3rd appearance in the top 5 scores in 4 seasons in the FHM era. The only returning champion to make to the watchlist, Del Vecchio has the highest raw shots against among all players on this list, as part of the east's worst team. A middling save rank and not absurdly high Shots Against make Luca an unlikely candidate, though still good enough to make the watchlist.

A Jobin
Rounding out the list is another high Sv% low SHAA player in A Jobin. Jobin is the goalie for a clearly dominant Hamilton team that looks to be the cup favorite. Obviously, as a result Jobin has benefitted from a ton of help from the skaters on Hamilton, but having one of the top Sv%s in the league is nothing to scoff at. Jobin is probably out of Champion of Life contention but is very in the race for the McBride

Who do I THINK will win the McBride? Kata Vilde.
Who would I vote for given the choice? (and consequently who do I think is the best goalie?) Knox Booth.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Aleister Cain will win mcbride

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I'm on this and I like it.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Best article ever award!

❤️

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Fantastic

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

@KlusteR look!

Heart

btw. I couldn't agree more about the GAA part (same about wins).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 05:26 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Losing mcbride race due to GAA is the worst.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

This. I like this - even with the shite season I'm having.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!