Create Account

Anaheim Outlaws Five Game Flurry
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 02:11 PM by lancedjack.)

Five for Five

We're back again with another five game overview of our daring Outlaws. Taking on all comers once again they're entrenched in a bitter war for the first spot in the West. Vancouver currently have that locked up but with three games in hand it's only a matter of time before the Outlaws secure what is rightfully theirs. With multiple naysayers surrounding the Anaheim men coming into Season 25 pointing to the potential for a down year, is their performance and status this year somewhat unexpected? Well.... no, not really. Last years first round exit to the other new kids on the block, the Citadelles, was a somewhat crushing way to exit, but the Outlaws haven't experienced the ravages of time just yet. They're simply poised and ready to strike again and their categorical demolishing of their next string of games begins with....

Nevada Battleborn @ Anaheim Outlaws

As terrible as their team name is make no mistake Nevada are no mugs. Their position in the bottom middle of the table is nothing to really sniff at. They'll be looking to start their own run of games here leading themselves to a great spot pushing into the playoffs. The season opener between these two teams finished in a shootout loss for the Outlaws, something that the men in red turned around the next time Nevada came to town with a 4-1 victory. From looking at the stats it would appear that Nevada are having a bit of a time getting the puck on net with 28 fewer goals than the Outlaws, despite having one more game played. Will the power house offense of Anaheim be enough to turn over a fairly stingy Battleborn outfit at home? I think it's safe to say it will.

Score Prediction: Anaheim 5 - Nevada - 1

Anaheim Outlaws @ Newfoundland Berserkers

The first of the away games for Anaheim involves a quick trip up to the great white North. But not really, the great white North would be, y'know, Toronto. Maybe Montreal. Hell I'll tell you what I'd even take Ottawa. Basically anywhere in Ontario and maybe some of Quebec (But only some.) A trip to Newfoundland is not quite top of anyones holiday destinations but that's where we find ourselves. The Berserkers would appear to be somewhat the paper tigers of the Eastern conference with their 2nd place status somewhat inflated by their games played advantage. Their record would be good enough for fifth place in the Western and their goals for would rank a steady fourth. It appears that there's a big fish in a small pond here, but you need to beware of Bruce the Shark. Can Anaheim be the Brody, Quint and Hooper? Time will tell.

Score Prediction: Newfoundland - 2  Anaheim - 3

Anaheim Outlaws @ Vancouver Whalers

Vancouver! That's another place in Canada. I should've mentioned that above. It's hard to remember when it's basically just orcas, storms and a passage to Seattle. That being said this team is sitting top of the Western (lest we forget the hardest conference in the SMJHL) with 31 wins and 9 losses. I can't really do that math but I know their win percentage is greater than 75%. What on Earth are you  meant to do against this outfit? Sure they've scored 15 fewer goals than Anaheim but does that really matter when they've only conceded 83 goals?! Sure we've taken a game off one another at our respective home stadiums but, to quote JR, "BY GOD, BY GOD ALMIGHTY." There's a very high chance this game determines the fate of the Western conference and the fates of these two teams with it. Iron sharpens iron.

Score Prediction: Vancouver - 3   Anaheim - 3  (SO: Vancouver)

Anaheim Outlaws @ Carolina Kraken

Another trip to take on the Carolina fish men, how bloody wonderful. My last article of these I referred to them as a Lovecraftian nightmare and they absolutely are. They're inescapable, infinite and almost impossible to defeat without going absolutely bonkers afterwards. In an odd turn of affairs we've somehow managed to defeat the Carolina Cthulhu Impersonators every time we've played them this season, something I never thought I'd have the good fortune to type. In spite of these victories of ours, Carolina still sit at the top of the Eastern conference. It goes to show both the quality they possess and the disparity between the two conferences yet again. It'll be a taut affair but Carolina have got games to give and I reckon we manage to sneak one here. Between the powerhouse offenses of the two teams it's sure to be a high scoring affair with defence and goalkeeping ultimately playing the biggest part in who shall become the victor.

Score Prediction: Carolina - 4   Anaheim - 7

Maine Timber @ [b]Anaheim Outlaws[/b]

And here we find ourselves back in the wonderful city of Anaheim ready to put an exclamation mark on the run of games that has been this five spot for the Outlaws. The Maine Timber have been cut down five times so far in overtime in what must be a galling turn of events for a team sitting third in the Eastern. Unfortunately it would appear that Maine need to do some pelvic floor exercises because they're quite leaky. The defense has managed to cough up 119 goals in 39 games and scored a rather anemic 117 goals in the process. A negative ratio is not a great spot for any team to be in but especially coming down the stretch. It's safe to say this one is a fairly foregone conclusion unfortunately. A bit of a damp squib to end the campaign on.

Score Prediction: Anaheim - 6   Maine - 1

There we have it, the predictions of a wildly uneducated and, frankly, out of the loop man on how he imagines the run of games will go for the Outlaws. A great stretch of games would see them in a top spot for a top seed with every opportunity to really right the wrongs of a season previous and put together quite the post season run. None of this will happen for free, boys will need to work hard in training and get the minds right on the travel with a combined 14,000 mile round trip before the find themselves back in Outlaw country. Time will tell if they are victorious or not, but it won't be through lack of trying. 

Code:
1065 words

***EDIT**** This has aged TERRIBLY

[Image: zdoMJuR.png]