Create Account

Game Recap Detroit Falcons S56
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 01:46 AM by TheSparkyDee.)

Game 40: Detroit Falcons vs. Kelowna Knights

This game we are playing tonight is game 40 of Season 56. This game we are playing tonight is game 40 of Season 56. We have ten games left in the season and this Detroit team is playing a high level now than we were in the beginning of the year. I have been waiting to see this team take the talent we know we have and translate it on the ice. And on our recent five game winning streak, I was so happy to see the team I have been talking about go off and win five games in a row, we are a much better team and we are also a capable team to beat every single team in the SMJHL. I think a team like Kelowna Knights we should able to handle them with ease, the Detroit Falcons offense is very lethal and I think it can rip apart the Kelowna knights defense. In this series so far we have played them four times before, the series is tied at two a piece. Detroit won the first two and Kelowna had won the last two. In Kelowna’s wins against Detroit, they have scored 11 goals in those two games, and Detroit has only scored two. The Detroit Falcons were shutout in the last meeting the two teams faced off. It was 5 to 0 Kelowna Knights. Like I stated Detroit has not won in two months against Kelowna Knights. So they are itching for a win. The two last place teams in their respective divisions are battling tonight in this must win for both teams who want to show their fans and the teams in this league that they still can compete with everyone on the league. The puck drops and Detroit is just in the move in this game having a field day with the Kelowna Knights goalie. Shot after shot. And eventually Detroit scores in the first period around the nine minute mark. Teddy Park shoots the puck around the boards to the other side trying to clear the puck out of the zone. But Zakkira Diporov hits the puck out of the air and then Zakkira Diporov and Teddy Park race to the puck, Zakkira Diporov and the Detroit Falcons take possession. Zakkira Diporov passes over to Sammy Blaze behind the goal. Sammy Blaze gives it to Kolja Kekkonen and then Kolja Kekkonen slaps it on net, but it was deflected by Zakkira Diporov. And it’s in!!! Goal by Zakkira Diporov, his ninth goal on the year. That goal was a great example of what we needed to see from our players on this team. Be there for the redirects and rebounds. So good job Zakkira and that great first line, you all are playing well. The Kelowna Knights would tie it up a minute later so the goal celebration was short lived. BUT Detroit would answer to the Knights goal. With two minutes left in the first period Detroit Falcons scored. Kelowna Knights clear the puck but fail to do so. Detroit Falcons players rush to the puck. Daedalus James is on the move to the failed clear attempt, so Daedalus James threads a beautiful pass to Sammy Blaze and Sammy Blaze fires it on goal. The Kelowna Knights goalie did not see it coming. Detroit goes up 2 to 1. Detroit would score again a minute later. The puck is loose and Taisto Jutila comes up with it. Taisto Jutila sends the puck to Thomas Duddy. He moved the quick pass to Monkey Mann Jr. Then Monkey Mann Jr rips it on net and blasts it by the Kelowna Knights goalie, he did not even see it coming. Detroit would go on to win this game 3 to 2. They break the three game losing streak and the two game losing streak against the Kelowna Knights. Detroit Falcons won game 11 and have 25 points on the season with nine games left in the season. We will see if we can continue the winning ways against the Carolina Kraken. Go Falcons!!! SKREEE!!!

Game 41: Detroit Falcons vs. Carolina Kraken

Detroit Falcons coming off a fresh win over the Kelowna Knights 3 to 2. The game which we dominated in. We had over 45 shots on goal! That’s just nuts! We are starting to put the puck on net. Once we do that we are a good team. I have said if millions of times this season. Get more shots you create more chances, and when you create more chances on goal. You SCORE! We did just that on the game against Kelowna. They played great as a team. A lot of great passes, tape to tape type stuff. We were very active on the boards, hitting the Knights players off the puck, it helped keep the puck to create those chances and shots on goal to give us goals. This game against the Carolina Kraken was not like the last game at all. We could not get a shot on goal to save our lives. We were down 20 shots to 4 at one point. So Carolina was having there way with our rookie goalie Tyler Avery. He is fresh off a win against the Kelowna Knights. So he was excited to have a chance to play this tough Carolina Kraken team. Detroit was out shot 47 to 26. Carolina almost doubled our shots on goal. We could not find a way to get to Blunt Man. He was almost perfect in that game. Detroit did score a goal late in the third period. Kolja Kekkonen and a Carolina Kraken player fight for the puck, but Kolja Kekkonen comes up with the puck, Kolja Kekkonen passes the back to Zakkira Diporov, and back to Kolja Kekkonen where he passes it to Yngve Simonsson, and then Yngve Simonsson takes it up the ice, gets the puck in through the blue line and passes the puck to a open Sammy Blaze… Then Sammy Blaze looks for an open man. Passes it to the other side of the zone to a open Zakkira Diporov and Zakkira Diporov snipes it on goal, and Blunt Man could not react in time! This goal happens a little to late but it is progress with this team. Detroit Falcons end up losing this battle to the Carolina Kraken 3 to 1. I believe Detroit will beat Carolina if they face each other again in the regular season. This Detroit Falcons team will be winning in no time. I was flying high in this team in my season recap last season, but I was not ready to see how many young guys we will mature and turn into men! Next season we will be men fighting men! GO FALCONS!!! SKREEE!!!

(1,370 Words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]