Create Account

[SJHN] S56 Power Rankings (Trade Deadline Edition)

[Image: SJHN_Blue_lightgrey_wordmark.png]

Graphs and rankings through Friday 10/18/20 (12/20/22 Sim Date)

[Image: 12.png]
Highest ranked: 11
Lowest ranked: 12

Arkz: Oh the Scarecrows. St. Louis came into this season and while there was inconsistency early, it has turned into a downright ugly season as we enter the home stretch. They’ve lost 13 out of their last 14 games, with their only victory coming off a shootout win against the Timber. And unfortunately, minus a game against Detroit and Kelowna, it won’t get much easier for St. Louis in the final nine games of the season. It’s not hard to figure how St. Louis has found themselves in this situation. Kelowna aside, the Scarecrows have scored the second fewest goals in the league at 88 at the time of this writing. St. Louis probably already has their sights set on next season and are hopefully looking to leave S56 behind.      

Dex: It was already a rough start to the season for St. Louis as Arkz has mentioned. The team was looking to rebuild and if you didn’t know, they actually swung and missed on a number of their draft picks this season. The only 2 rookies that came through were Victor Federov and free agent signing Marabelle Octive. With the season not panning out as well as they had hoped, the team has recently added a few draft free agents to their team. Hopefully with these additions to end the season, the team could have a bit of a bright last week in comparison to the rest of the season. It seems like it’s back to the scouting board already for the Scarecrows.

[Image: 11.png]
Highest ranked: 10

Arkz: Flabbergasted that some of our voters had Kelowna as the worst team in the league. Though their overall performance can only be described as Scarecrow-esq, they’ve at least shown some decent fight to close the season. Going 5-9-1 in their last 15 games. Look, that’s not good but at least it isn’t “lose 9 games in a row” bad. Kelowna’s overall story though is similar to St. Louis, they just can’t score goals. They are last in the league at 87 goals scored, and they’ve let in 134, last in the West Conference. Still, the fact that they’ve shown a bit of life down the stretch at least displays the heart this team has.  

Dex: The Knights ability to string together a couple of wins this week in spite of sitting last in the Western Conference is definitely one of the reasons they aren’t below the Scarecrow on the power rankings. These couple of wins could be attributed to players Teddy Park and Chris Goodname who contributed to over 20% of the goals this past week, and goaltenders Peter Ramsey and Damien Vertigo who both had save percentages around 0.920. However, it takes more than a couple of good players to do well, especially in the competitive Western Conference this season. And so, similar to the Scarecrows, during the trade deadline they sold off more pieces for draft picks in this upcoming draft.

[Image: 10.png]
Highest ranked: 9

Arkz: I could have sworn I blinked and Detroit doubled their win total. I don’t know who gave the pep talk to the team to get them fired up, but Detroit has had an interesting set of games recently. They went on a three-game stretch beating the Anaheim Outlaws, Nevada Battleborn, and Newfoundland Berserkers. That Berserker game by the way? Yeah Detroit won that one 9-2, which is tied with Anaheim (also in a game against Newfoundland by the way) for most goals in a game by a team. The Falcons have quieted down a little bit in their recent games, but that may have a lot to do with the fact that they played Carolina three times in four games. Still, if you wanted to pick a team that might play an unexpected spoiler, you’re looking at Detroit and Quebec City.  

Dex: It’s interesting because as Arkz has said, the Falcons were able to go on a bit of a run this week. The most interesting part is that their goaltending was actually below average during this stretch. I can’t really blame Odinson though since he faced the most shots in the league which resulted in his below 0.900 save percentages and goals against average near 4. So it seems like against some tougher teams, the Falcons were able to shoot their way out of it. Sammy Blaze and Yngve Simonsson combined for over 40 points, and even their defensemen in Giannopoulos and Nutcluster were able to join in on the offense. I personally don’t expect Detroit to turn it around and pull an upset, but their offense has been clicking as of late.

[Image: 9.png]
Highest ranked: 8
Lowest ranked: 11

Arkz: Speak of the French Canadian devils, Quebec City has come alive a bit this season. They’ve won six out of their last ten games, including games against Nevada, Newfoundland, and a pair of wins against Nevada. They’ve had back-to-back shutout victories as well. Depending on if Detroit continues their level of play, Quebec City could find themselves improving their playoff standing. In their remaining schedule, they will play three games against Detroit, which could make for some unexpectedly entertaining hockey. 

Dex: To be honest, I’m not too sure what happened to the Citadelles this season. The team looked great last season as they even managed to win a playoff round in their first season in the league! However, this season started out rough and the team just didn’t seem to be able to recover as well as they had hoped. They’ve lost a majority of their games this past week and no one really stepped up. At least their newly signed goaltender in Tyler Ward looked good in his first couple of games, posting a 0.925 save percentage with a 2.24 goals against average. Definitely looks to be a good signing as the Citadelles try to get it together by the start of playoffs.

[Image: 8.png]
Highest ranked: 8
Lowest ranked: 9

Arkz: If only Colorado was in a division with Detroit and St. Louis, they’d probably be having a better season so far. At the moment they’ve collected 38 points for themselves, but they’ve had to run a tough gauntlet being in the same division as Vancouver, Anaheim, Anchorage, and Nevada. Still, the Raptors are doing all they can to make sure they aren’t left too far behind. They are 7-7-1 in their last 15 games, including a victory of Vancouver and two wins over Carolina. That second, and most recent win, was a shutout victory by true rookie goaltender Yanno Rosejac (first of his career). Whoever ends up playing Colorado in the playoffs may be surprised at the tenacity of this squad, who continue to hang in a tough conference.  

Dex: Yea the Colorado Raptors suffer a bit from being in a tougher Western Conference and are still managing to get wins from the tougher teams in the league. In their games they aren’t winning by much, but they aren’t losing by much either. Similar to the Citadelles, this team also doesn’t really have a superstar, but rather depth scoring up and down the lines. Colorado is making it work with what they have and time will tell if their efforts will be enough in the playoffs.

[Image: 7.png]
Highest ranked: 6
Lowest ranked: 7

Arkz: Man, what happened to Newfoundland? They are second in their conference with 48 points but there have been some ugly games in there. They’ve gone 8-8-1 in their last 17 games, which isn’t very impressive considering the amount of times they’ve played St. Louis, Quebec City, and Colorado. I feel like in most of the write ups for teams behind Newfoundland feature some heavy lopsided win against them. The bottom line is, this is not the S55 Newfoundland Berserkers. Still, there’s some talent here and they may be able to right the ship. The rest of their schedule features a couple games against Maine, but also tilts against Vancouver and Carolina. Maine may catch them, but fortunately for the Berserkers they may be out of reach of Quebec City unless the Frenchies go on a hell of a run. 

Dex: The reigning Four Star Cup Champions took a bit of a step back this season. After losing a number of players during this offseason, the Berserkers are no longer looking like world-beaters. Their offense has certainly cooled down a considerable amount compared to last season and the team suffered from a couple big blowout losses. However, in spite of all that, the Berserkers currently find themselves sitting second in their conference, being 3 points ahead of the third place Maine Timber who have a game on hand. In the East, these two teams are currently the closest and it would be interesting to see the two jostle for playoff positioning. As Arkz has mentioned, they even have a couple of big games against each other to end the season

[Image: 6.png]
Highest ranked: 5
Lowest ranked: 7

Arkz: Maine are one of those teams that were a bit all over the place in our rankings, similar to Anchorage (more in a moment). I think that’s because both teams have been solid, but the teams around them have shown some real question marks, thus helping their stock. Still, they are 8-7-1 in their last sixteen games this season, and a few of those games tell you the story for the Timber. They’ve won against Nevada while also losing to St. Louis. You’re never quite sure what you’re gonna get when Maine steps onto the ice, but at least it's exciting. Maine has some tough games against Anaheim, Vancouver, and Anchorage to end the season, but at least they play their last six games at home.    

Dex: As I said when talking about the Berserkers, the Timber are fighting them for that second place spot in the East and that six game homestand that Arkz mentioned could get them that spot. To end the season, what the Timber should be really hoping is for their starting goaltender Leo Bloomfield to return to his playoff shape from last season. This was the team that was able to show that if the team is able to get hot at the right time, they can make it far in the playoffs. Although, I’m sure the team is hoping for a little more than that as they finish off the regular season.

[Image: 5.png]
Highest ranked: 4
Lowest ranked: 6

Arkz: I’m not sure anyone else has noticed this, but the race for second in the West has become tight as hell. Anchorage and Nevada are at 51 points and Anaheim has 52. When we publish our pre-playoff version of the power rankings, it will be very interesting to see who finally managed to distinguish themselves against this competitive group. However, the key reason that Anchorage is in this spot and not flipped with Nevada is because of games played. Anchorage has played an extra two games over Nevada at the time of this writing, so Nevada still has a chance to put some distance. Anaheim, by the way, has played three less games than Anchorage. Still, the final game of the season for Anchorage will be against Nevada and all eyes may be on that match up to decide some final standings. 

Dex: Alright I’d admit, this Anchorage team has quite a bit of fire power. I would say the only thing holding them back from being ranked higher compared to the other teams is their goals against. Their starting goaltender Stratton came way back down to earth from an absolutely insane 1.62 goals against average and a 0.933 save percentage, to a below average 2.92 goals against average and a 0.885 save percentage. The starting clear starter from last season has now become a 1A and 1B with fellow netminder Chimkin Tendy who has actually posted better numbers, but not by much (2.40 goals against average and a 0.899 save percentage). If I’m Anchorage to end this, I have a tough decision ahead of me choosing between the two goaltenders. I would personally go with Stratton but let’s see what they do.

[Image: 4.png]
Highest ranked: 4
Lowest ranked: 5

Arkz: Here we go, top four in the league. I promise this list does not have a West Coast Bias(™) to it, it’s just the way the league has shaken out over roughly 40 games. The Nevada Battleborn, not to be confused with the Newfoundland Berserkers (because who could make that mistake, am I right?), are technically tied with Anchorage in the standings but have two games in hand and probably have their sights set on Anaheim. Still, Nevada can’t get too comfortable as they have some tough games ahead of them. Two games against Anchorage as well as tests against Carolina and Vancouver should give a decent picture of where the Battleborn stand by season’s end. Wouldn’t be surprising to see them second in the west behind Vancouver if they are able to clutch out against strong competition. 

Dex: The Nevada Battleborn. What a 180 that this team has pulled, proving all the doubters in their first season wrong. This team was actually even able to lead the league for a bit in the beginning portion of the season! Even though they weren’t able to keep that up, the Battleborn has already far surpassed people's expectations heading into this season, fighting for that second place spot in the West against the Anaheim Outlaws and the Anchorage Armada. This past week alone showed stellar performances from their goaltender C.K. Supernaw who had a save percentage above 0.920, and defenseman Grandmaster Funk who is currently 4th in the league for defenseman scoring. Regardless if they get that spot or not, the team is looking ready for a strong showing this offseason.

[Image: 3.png]
Highest ranked: 2
Lowest ranked: 3

Arkz: Boxman II to Donair, score! How many times have we heard that this season? At most 27 (Donair’s goals so far this year), but probably less. Anaheim has been powered by its top two forwards, but there’s talent all over this team as well. They’ve gone 8-5-1 in their last 14 games, however they’ve dropped four in a row and five of their last six, which is how Anchorage and Nevada have managed to close the distance. Still, Anaheim has the most games left to play this season at 11, so they have plenty of opportunities to put some distance on their rivals. They have some tough games against Nevada, Maine, and Carolina still to come but otherwise it should be a manageable slate for Anaheim to collect some W’s. 

Dex: I swear I don’t even think that the Anaheim Outlaws expected this kind of season from themselves and I’ve been saying all season. If the Outlaws knew they were contending, they wouldn’t have traded away their top defenseman in Emilia Bergman before the season started, weakening their defensive core. I guess the team didn’t expect this explosive season powered by Boxman II and Donair where the team can literally shoot their way out of problems. This past week has been no exception. A number of their players led the league in points, while their starting goaltender Vincent Mietitore has put up below average numbers.

[Image: 2.png]
Highest ranked: 2
Lowest ranked: 3

Arkz: The Kraken have been released and they find themselves at the top of the East. The only team that looks like they are playing in the same league as the top four in the East, Carolina has been consistently on top all season. Still, Carolina doesn’t have an easy end to their season. Games against Vancouver, Anchorage, Nevada, Anaheim, and Newfoundland are in their future, with only some brief breaks in the form of St. Louis, Colorado, and Kelowna. Still, if Carolina keeps up their current level of play they should have no problem coming out on top and securing their place as the top seed in the East. 

Dex: The Carolina Kraken have been a powerhouse in the East for the past 2 seasons, just falling 1 point shy from being at the top. However, this season the Kraken were able to pass the Berserkers who currently sit second in the conference. The Kraken find themselves top of the East as Arkz has mentioned and second in the entire league behind Vancouver. I think they have that spot in the East locked up and the rest of the season is for bragging right of being the second best team in the league unless the first place Whalers take quite the tumble.

[Image: 1.png]
1. Vancouver Whalers
Highest ranked: 1
Lowest ranked: 1

Arkz: Whales Ho! Vancouver has been the consistent number one team in the league basically all season. Boasting the best goal differential by far, Vancouver is the only team in the league yet to hit double-digit losses. Now that probably won’t last long, but with only nine games left to play in the season it's still quite a feat. While the record for most points in a season is well out of reach, they may still be able to tie for second. However, their final slate is nothing to sneeze at. Vancouver probably finishes the season with the best record in the league, but they will be well-tested ahead of the start of the playoffs. 

Dex: After a couple seasons of doing the power rankings, I can finally say that the Whalers are first in our power rankings and first in the league. They are 9 points ahead of the Kraken and the team has been firing on all cylinders the entire season (except maybe Redacted whose save percentage fell quite a bit this season). Thankfully, the new rookie goaltender Jon St. Ark has been able to step up to the plate and play extremely well with a 1.65 goals against average and a 0.927 save percentage on the season. However, this leaves the question of who’s going to be in net for the playoffs. The Whalers have their remaining 9 games to think about it, but I’m sure they’ll be able to figure it out, especially with them looking like they’ll get a bye for the first round.

[Image: trans.png]

Weekly Graphs

[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.06_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.14_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.20_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.28_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.35_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.43_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.50_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.42.58_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.43.05_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.43.13_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.43.20_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.43.29_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.43.37_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.43.45_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.44.34_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.44.41_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.44.48_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.44.56_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.45.19_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.45.12_AM.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_8.45.27_AM.png]

Quote:3041 Words Split between @Arkz and me

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Get your fresh content here!

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Nice read, great job on this.

Colorado looking to shock the world come playoff time! Raptors

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Good stuff!
GO WHALE!

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Colorado should make some noise come playoffs....hope so anyways Raptors

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

I like this stuff. Granted QCC should be #1 but we'll allow it.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Definitely not Cale’s stats.

[Image: Wally.png]

Whalers suck

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Fair and accurate analysis, nice job!

Love the graphs too!

[Image: Ympmk6b.png]
[Image: KXQzCef.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png][Image: iB9r7kM.png]
Huge thanks to @Carpy48 and @sulovilen for the signature!

10-21-2020, 07:19 PMSlashACM Wrote: Whalers suck

[Image: KR93TA2.gif?noredirect]

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

It's a travesty to see my once great Scarecrows fall this far.

It's Nic's fault.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2020, 06:06 PM by GCool.)

We always expected greatness, bb. Outlungus Forever Outlaws

@Jumbobone19 is a superstar in this league. Put some respect on a top 10 point guys name.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

10-24-2020, 07:05 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: @Jumbobone19 is a superstar in this league. Put some respect on a top 10 point guys name.
My future linemate in Baltimore. Jumbo is a superstar in this league and in my heart.  Platoon

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

10-25-2020, 03:04 PMDELIRIVM Wrote:
10-24-2020, 07:05 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: @Jumbobone19 is a superstar in this league. Put some respect on a top 10 point guys name.
My future linemate in Baltimore. Jumbo is a superstar in this league and in my heart.  Platoon
Blush You guys are too kind! Also coming from the leading point scorer this year, ill take it.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs