Create Account

Whale Tale S56 Day 21: Luffy Richard

(626 words)

Good Wednesday, Whaler Faithful. It is I, your Keyboard Warrior here to bring you the day that was in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. We have three games scheduled for today's sim: the Anaheim Outlaws, the Colorado Raptors, and the Carolina Kraken (boats bad).

Rookie goalie sensation Jon St. Ark put on quite the show against the Outlaws who boast the top two scorers in the league, stopping all twenty-two shots that came his way earning another shutout and bring the Whalers an inch closer to securing the division. The only goal of the game was scored by Zebulon Leavitt on the breakaway. Luffy Richard had a quiet defensive game, blocking four shots and having two hits helping his rookie goalie towards another win.

Well, you live by the shut out, you die by the shutout as the Raptors came into Vancouver and won two to nothing. There is not much to say about this game, but the lose means the Whalers will have to wait to celebrate winning the division. Luffy Richard had two hits and a giveaway but was a neutral plus-minus so at least he didn't shoot his team in the foot. I'm going to remind him that he needs to do more than roll around on the ice and hugging opposing players. 

The final game against the Kraken was quite the firework show, ladies and gentlemen, as the Vancouver Whalers beat the Carolina Kraken by the score of eight to four. With this win, Name Redacted is tied for fifth in wins, but I lost my notes and don't remember if its for Vancouver or the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. We shall just say, he's won a lot of games for a team that wasn't the best during his tenure here. Luffy Richard had possibly the best game of his career, scoring a short-handed goal to go with two assists. The winger was all over the ice, putting the squids on their heels and helping propel the Whalers to a dominant win. 

After the games I stopped by the locker room to talk to Luffy about breaking his personal points record, personal goal record, and personal assist record. Basically, all his offensive personal records have been broken this week. The backbone of the fourth-line and the elder statesman, Luffy has shown that he can feast upon the other team's bottom lines, as well as shut-down the opponent's top scorers. I asked him how it feels to score double-digit goals, and he told me that it felt great to contribute on offense. He feels the third and fourth lines really put pressure on opposing teams because the scoring is so distributed across the entire team that opponents cannot focus on the top scorers. If they do, they will just be swarmed by the bottom lines who have been great on the counter-attack. 

Through forty-four games, Luffy has eleven goals and thirteen assists. He has helped elevate the bottom lines of the Whalers to elite levels that allow the top scorers on the team face exhausted defensemen that have spent all game chasing third and fourth liners who hit them every chance they get. It is an exciting time to be a Whalers fan because this team is one of the best ever put on the ice in Simulation Major Junior Hockey League history. They have the possibility to end the season as second in league history for win, and though there are still six games left to play in the season, the Whalers are hungry for victory and the rest of the league is their Gordan's fisherman snacks. 

until next time,

Kay Bee,

out.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]