Create Account

(Graded) EEP DIVE #1- A look at QCC
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 04:11 PM by CptSquall.)

The start of the season in Quebec hadn't been what a lot of the team had hoped for. No one wants to get off to a slow start but it unfortunately happens sometimes. But that doesn’t mean that the team was out of the races, cause no team is in the Juniors. Quebec has been able to climb in the ranks as of late with a strong winning streak. With 5 wins in the last six games. Quebec has found itself at 4th in the East. 

Mat Smith has come out strong with 4 shutouts over the last 6 games. Mat had found himself on a bit of a rough stint at the beginning of the season. However upon being called up to the SHL for Chicago and managing to secure a shutout there. Mat has returned to form in his home. Securing a 0.975 sv%, Mat’s helping push the team forward and increasing their chances to go deep in the playoffs.When Mat does get his starting call up, which I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened sooner rather than later, I feel like he’s going to do really well. I feel like Chicago got a great goalie. 

The Drog (as Quebecs GM’s have called it) combo has been pretty effective this season. Looking at Mat’s more recent stats and the stats of Tyler Ward. The two have combined for a total record of 18-20-4. The two are close in stats when you look at them without comparing games played. Tyler is sitting with a 2.24 goals against average while Mat has a 2.72. Smith has a SV% for .915 verses Wards .925. Mat leading with 5 shutouts over Tylers 2. They’re currently both rocking a 72 game rating which, I believe, is the best in the league for a starter and backup combo. 

With 20 goals over the last six games. Quebecs offense has seemed to find its mojo. Ryan Rieley leading the way with 12 goals on the season. Stan Q is leading the team in assists with a solid 24. Giving Stan the number 1 spot for points with the team. Impressive for someone on the third line. Stan’s filling out his role for sure. Most of Quebecs offensive players are sitting pretty with 7-9 goals. Everyone is doing their part to try and get as many wins as they can for the team. As they try to climb past COL and MET in overall standings. 

Now we’ll take a quick peek at one of Quebec's not so secret weapons. Weighing in at 290 pounds. Standing at 6ft 5 and rocking the classic number of 69 on his back. It's the Russian fighting machine; Boris Petrov has been a beast this season when it comes to fighting. Having 11 wins out of 12 total fights. Leading the team with a resounding 107 PIM, Boris is a terror on the ice in all the right ways. Having a +/- of 7, Boris has done more than just fight. But it’s obvious what he is currently bringing to the team. 

QCC is gonna look to keep their hot streak going into the playoffs. And I firmly believe that they can pull it out and steal the cup away from the higher ranking teams. This could be the year that QCC has it’s Cinderella moment.

Approved +5 TPE @Hordle

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles