Create Account

Game Recap Detroit Falcons S56

Game 44: Detroit Falcons  Falcons vs. Colorado Raptors  Raptors

The Detroit Falcons are coming close to end the season we are in game 44 so we have 6 games to go, we want to see our Detroit Falcons team finish strong we are coming off a massive game against Newfoundland Berserkers they couldn’t get win, but I believe they played that team well. Yes, they lost 5 to 2. But they played decent defense I thought it does not help when you give up three goals in the first period. That was the issue we had in the beginning of the season, but we were trying to still learn our ways of the SMJHL. We have not been able to play way better. And against Colorado we have won one game in this three games series so far. But we have only scored four goals in the three games we have played, but the Colorado Raptors scored ten goals in the three game series. We have to see the team in this game really bounce back from the loss to Newfoundland Berserkers, because they have been playing good hockey and with the playoffs only six games away, we want to come into the playoffs ready to go! We want to make some noise and be able to win our games. But unfortunately, the Colorado Raptors dominated us in this game, because we had nine! NINE shots on goal and we have not had that less of shots on goal at all this season. This game Colorado looked like the best team in the league. I do not think they were going to dominate us this bad, I mean the shots on goal was not the only issue we could not win hardly any face offs. And it was just an overall rough game for the Detroit Falcons. The players in Detroit are not too worried about this game. They think they can bounce back just in time for playoffs. They did lose this game 4 to 0, just like the last time they played. But Detroit put up more shots in that game than this one. The lowest shots on goal we have had this season was 11. So, nine is close but not having double digits shots on goal is bad! Detroit did not score any goals, but there was some shimmer of greatness, the defense was there and it did let up four goals, but this young Falcons defense were playing the puck well, the goals that were let in were rebounds, so little positioning will fix those errors. They would try and help the offense as much as they could. The Colorado Raptors would not let the Detroit Falcons into their zone. The Falcons defense would try and dump the puck in for the Falcons offense quickly get there but that Raptors defense was on everything. It was a rough game and we want to just move on and go on to the next game which is against Colorado Raptors again. Go Falcons!!! SKREEE!!!

Game 45: Detroit Falcons  Falcons vs. Colorado Raptors  Raptors

The Detroit Falcons are coming off a game they want to forget, and they want to bounce back with a win. I am going to start this article off with… We lose, it is another game where this Colorado team just have their way with us. We did score, I will COVER THAT GOAL IN MY OWN WORDS in a little bit. But the Detroit Falcons have only one game against the Colorado Raptors in this series and it is not a pretty goal difference in this series either, Detroit has only scored four goals in this four game series, and that was before this game. Colorado Raptors have scored 14 goals… They have owned Detroit unfortunately and that defense for the Colorado Raptors is just nuts, I mean you can argue one of the best defenses in the J this season against Detroit, but it has been a good season for them, with the win in this game, Colorado has improved their record to an .500%. So, they can maybe keep it above .500% in the last five games. Detroit has been able to hand a lot of teams and get a lot of shots on goal as of late, but in the last two games against Colorado Raptors they can not seem to put any shots on goal on this defense. It still baffles me how we turn into the team we use to be like, Colorado are just filled with wizards. But Detroit still had a good game for some people. We scored in this game. Sammy Blaze scored in this game assisted by Wen Baters and Anna Maier. Here is how it happened. Anna Maier slams Raptors player into the board, and rushed for the loose puck, the Raptors player gets their first, but is leveled by Sammy Blaze, and the puck is loose once again and Wen Baters and Anna Maier are the first to the puck, Wen Baters takes the puck, but loses it to a Colorado player, but once again the puck is stolen by the Falcons, and the one with the puck is Anna Maier, she takes it up in the middle of the ice and is untouched by Raptors players, passes it back to Wen Baters and he will go into the zone with the puck and sits there and waits for some players to get into the zone, Sammy Blaze was going to jump onto the bench but he decided to help Wen Baters and he gets across the line first, and Wen Baters passes the puck to the moving Sammy Blaze and Sammy Blaze dekes left, dekes right and catches the Colorado Raptors goalie slipping and puts the puck into the net!!! It was a good goal for Sammy Blaze and that goal is his twenty first goal on the season. Detroit needed that goal, it was “much needed”. You do not want to get beat by the same team twice and then shutout by them as well. So, Detroit loses this game 4 to 1, and it will be on to the next game against Quebec City Citadelles, we actually play them in two games coming up. So, Detroit has five more games to go, so they definitely want to finish strong. Go Falcons!!! SKREEE!!!

(1,060 Words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]