Create Account

Bloomey's Pre-Game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 10:23 AM by BloomeyGB.)

Throughout yesterday me and my mates in Maine (kpop? Really?) were discussing music at quite a length. So I decided to share a particle of my Pre-Game playlist. My actual playlist is around 15 times longer, but if I wrote it all down we'd be here forever, and I kinda need to get to training on time. Here goes:

American Pie - Don Mclean 

This song brings back so many memories of watching/playing different sports with my mates. Don's voice and guitar is really soothing and relaxing. 

This Is The Life - Amy Macdonald 

Same as above. I love her voice, and this song followed me through my childhood. It's also great to hum along to.

George - John Edmond 

Originally a soldier song, it's great to sing with mates. All you need is a guitar and good acoustics. Bonus points if you're playing in an Away Game.

Story of My Life - One Direction

Automatically puts you in a reflective state. It gets you thinking about the things/people you play for and because of. It helps put things into perspective, helping you to understand the things you do as a Pro Hockey player. 

Telegraph Road - Dire Straits 

Although a little bit long (almost 15 minutes!), it's worth it all. It tells a riveting story, with a great beat and fantastic guitar work. Would recommend.

Me and My Broken Heart - Rixton 

You thought I didn't listen to teenage breakup songs? You thought wrong. I can't really explain why I like it, I just do.

The Nights - Avicii 

A fun little song to remind you of the joys of life whilst also inspiring you to be better. RIP Avicii.

Demons - Imagine Dragons 

We are all humans, we all have demons inside ourselves. Time to embrace them and play Hockey.

Night Witches - Sabaton

Oh yeah, into the hard stuff. This song just has so much aggressive energy. it's guaranteed to get you on your feet, headbanging like a maniac.

Saboteurs - Sabaton 

Great beat, great lyrics. The line "Signed the book of History" always gives me chills.

Coat of Arms - Sabaton 

What. An. Intro. The start alone makes me want to sprint a marathon.

Resist And Bite - Sabaton

Last Sabaton song, I promise. ACDC esque intro, singing about one of the greatest rearguard actions of the Second World War. 

Thunderstruck - ACDC 

The father of all pump ups. Inject that Intro into my veins.

My Country - The Red Army Choir

One of the most beautiful and haunting pieces of the time. It always makes me think of my Grandfather and his experiences during the Cold War as an Officer in the Hungarian People's Army.

I Vow To Thee My Country - Gustav Holst 

Do it for your country they say. Damn right I will. A beautiful hymn to get the blood flowing.

Believer - Imagine Dragons 

The generic pump up. Guaranteed to get you and your teammates bouncing of the walls.

Remember The Name - Ed Sheeran 

Real kickass son, great for walking out of the tunnel. Remember the name bitch.

Hope everyone enjoyed my playlist, whether you listened along or not. Maybe I'll do another one sometime.

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

+1