Create Account

Game Recap Detroit Falcons S56

Game 46: Detroit Falcons vs. Quebec City Citadelles

The Detroit Falcons team is coming off two embarrassing loses against the Colorado Raptors. We want to come into Quebec and dominate the game, we want to have a chance to win these win these few games we have left in this season. The team is looking primed and ready to go for this game. They came into Quebec late last night and were not happy with their performance in the previous two games, so not a lot of happy go lucky during skate around, it was strictly business in Quebec. They know this team is capable of winning games so we wanted to act like a team who gets beat the way we did, not a team oh just another game. We were close in the standings to come out of the last place in the league to try and seed better for the playoffs. We are not gonna get a bye for the first series of the playoffs and we know that. This last week of games we want to finish strong! I can not stress that enough! The Detroit Falcons fans has stuck with us through this rough, rebuilding season. So what would be the best thing to give to our fans after a embarrassing beating in the last two games? A WIN! Detroit Falcons started this game in the lead. Here is the highlight… (MADE UP) Jonathan Granstrom takes a pass from Thor off a save. The pass is taken from a Quebec City player, and it’s a quick shot on Thor, but Thor slams the door shut with a pad save, off the rebound Detroits Taisto Jutila takes the puck moves up center ice, a beautiful pass off the boards to Cenek Iqbal he has it behind the net, try to wrap the puck around to fool the Quebec City goalie, but he slams the door shut on Cenek Iqbal, but nobody but Jonathan Granstrom is there for the rebound, and Jonathan Granstrom puts it in!!! Detroit takes a lead early in this game. Detroit Falcons would make it a 2 to 0 game when Tyler Burnett scored with six minutes to go in the first. Daedalus James has the puck for Detroit Falcons, Daedalus James dekes the Quebec City defender, passes a pass to Anton Mihailov, and he skates into the zone has Tyler Burnett and he crosses up the Quebec City defender and goalie they went one way and Tyler Burnett went the other way and slammed it home to add so the lead! Detroit was playing good, they had two goals and then added another one a few minutes later after the second goal was scored. Thor Odinson saves the puck and gets it to Daedalus James at the blue line, but again it is stolen by a Quebec City team player, and he is leveled by Wen Baters, the puck is lose and Anna Meier races towards the puck, hits a Citadelles player off the puck and takes it by herself into the zone and passes to Wen Baters and he one times it…. And it’s in!! Quebec City goalie had no chance to do save that rocket. Detroit Falcons take a 3 to 0 lead after one period of hockey. We are finally the team taking a massive lead in the first period we were usually the ones getting destroyed in the beginning of the season. And it was also nice to see our defense getting involved on the offense side of the puck…. It has been something we want to see more next season. This game ended up seeing Detroit hold on to the win and secure a victory by the score of 5 to 2. It was a must needed victory. Go Falcons!!! SKREEE!!!

Game 47: Detroit Falcons vs. Quebec City Citadelles

The Detroit Falcons have tied this series at one. Detroit actually owns this series in goals 7 to 5. Detroit Falcons defense played really really good, they were there at every chance Thor was pressured, they would knock anyone off the, and they were there to hit and lay out anyone that came into the zone and into the boards. I have been loving our defense improvements, we struggled a lot this season with defense, Thor was a great goalie and had to take so many shots each game, there was stint there where the opposing teams would hand over 40 shots on goal. Thor was target practice for a lot of games. I want to see Detroit Falcons next season help our new goalie, and our Detroit Falcons team is going to be dirtyyyy next season! But Detroit Falcons this season has won not a lot of games and we are coming down to the end of the season and I can not be happier with my team. When I say my team I mean.. as the captain of this fantastic team, I can say these young group of guys are going to be a even better team when you see the last of S54 SMJHL draftees leave. This team has the potential first overall pick and another first rounder so the Detroit team will be competing for many years to come. Now let’s talk about this game, Detroit Falcons fell to a quick 3 to 0 deficit, but Wen Baters puts a goal on the board for Detroit. Kolja Kekkonen had the puck after racing against one of the Quebec City defenders, and after Kolja Kekkonen wins the race to the puck he finds himself slammed into the boards! Loses the puck, but he fights to get the puck back and get it out of the zone, he skates through the left side of the ice and into the zone, he stops in his tracks to wait for his teammates to get into the zone to help, Wen Baters is there first to receive the puck from Kolja Kekkonen, Wen Baters pulls his stick back and puts it on goal, and Daedalus James is blocking the Quebec City goalie and the goalie can not see the puck and its by him and into the net! Last game we saw Wen Baters score off a one timer, and this time we saw him put the puck on net, and it worked!! Many games ago, I spoke about the defense getting the puck and shooting it on net, and maybe something will happen, I think we have been doing a great job at doing that. The young defense has been getting the puck on net and they are scoring goals more frequently. So little adjustments here and there, we are a better team. We scored another goal to make it a 3 to 2 game after one period. But Quebec City scored two more goals in the second period to make it a 5 to 2 game. It was all but over, until the light was lit once again in the third period. We saw Detroit Falcons score two more goals to and Quebec City scored another goal, so the game ended in a big spring game Quebec City six, Detroit Falcons four. Detroit played a lot better hockey. The three goals in the beginning did not help, but the Detroit Falcons overall played good. So on to the next. Go Falcons!!! SKREEE!!!

(1,226 Words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]