Create Account

SMJHL Teams Graded By First Impression
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 12:33 PM by zaynzk.)

So as a new player in this league Im going to give each team a grade on my initial first impressions on their logo and rosters, obviously I have had 0 scouting so far so I do not know how the LR and the tactics so do not take this to personally if I give a lower rating. I am a LW so most of the roster stuff has to do with that position

Anaheim Outlaws  Outlaws

While I am glad that they choose to not use the basic outlaw logo that almost every fake team uses (although their 2nd logo is just the Typical Outlaw Logo you see everywhere), I still find the name kinda unoriginal and overused. However I do like the bunny its a nice touch. Looking at their roster they have about 7 wing players, but only two are LW but they are both about 3 seasons older, and one is seemingly IA so I would not be surprised if I was targeted. 

6/10

Anchorage Armada

While at first I did not like how the logo of Armada looked, seeing it on the jersey definingly raises it for me a little, Acsolap also is a Safety with me on a ISFL team so we have a connection there, and he contacted me pretty early in my creation. They 9 wing players on their team including 4 LW, however they did pick up a LW UFA, so they might be looking for one to slot in. 

7/10

[b]Carolina Kraken[/b]
I really like the colors but im not as big of a fan of the Logo, for some reason it does not capture me as much as you would think a Kracken would. They have alot of younger LW so I am not expecting them to go get another but you never know.

5/10
[b][b][b][b][b]
Colorado Raptors
[/url][url=https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=538]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
Borderline stealing the name of the Colorado Rapids kinda threw me off, and I am not a huge fan of their colors. However their logo is so wild and insane that i kinda like it. With only one LW on their entire roster this would be a team that I think would be interested in drafting me

6/10

[b][b]Detroit Falcons[/b][/b]
While I like the idea of a Red Falcon logo, i am not a huge fan of how this logo looks. Its nothing to bad its just kinda boring to me. They currently have 5 LW on their team so I do not think that that they will be especially interested in me, but again I have no idea who is getting called up

4/10

[b][b][b]Kelowna Knights[/b][/b][/b]

Another team thats logo and colors are a bit Meh to me, Its feels pretty basic and not the most exciting. They have 7 LW currently on their roster so i would be surprised If they ended up drafting me, but again you never know

3/10
[b][b][b][b]
Maine Timber
[/b]
[/b]
[/b][/b]

I like the logo however it looks very similar to something ive seen before, i cant place my finger on it but it really reminds me of something. However I do like the colors and logo, looking at the roster they only have 2 LW so i could easily slot in

5/10
[b][b][b][b][b]
Nevada Battleborn
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b][/b]

I like how they incorporated Nevada into their logo, although i like how the 2ndary logo looks alot better on their jersey. With two LW on their roster this is another team were i would beable to slot in very well.

8/10
[b][b][b][b][b][b]
Newfoundland Berserkers
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b][/b]

With 4 LW and one being significantly high in TPE, i imagine that they would have a spot for me potentially. Black and red jerseys always go hard in my own opinion. 

6/10
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b]
Quebec City Citadelles
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b][/b]

Very Bright and happy, kinda pure looking. Not sure how i feel about that. They also got alot of people i know from the ISFL and with only 3 LW this could be another place were i fit in

6/10
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b]
St. Louis Scarecrows
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]

A team that gets a unfair advantage since they picked me up as a UFA, I really like their logo and colors, its the only one that really strikes fear into the hearts of their opponents. They have one of my old football GMs from the DSFL iStegosaurus so that always helps too. Also they picked up a alot of Wing Players as UFA so we can obviously see that they have a need for players like myself.

9/10
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]
Vancouver Whalers
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]

While I am not a huge fan of the name the whalers, but I do like the tale logo. Looking at their roster they currently have 4 LW so their is a lower chance that they take me. They also GM's by boom who i played along side with in the DSFL, as well as Kyamprac who was also one of my GM's from the DSFL, as well as Moosey who currently plays with me in the ISFL

7/10

I have no idea why it formated like that It doesnt look like that when i edit it

TIL there's something called the Colorado Rapids

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

RIP dark theme users

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I DON'T ACCEPT THIS OPINION Falcons

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Holy formatting, Batman!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

10-26-2020, 11:36 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: Holy formatting, Batman!

I like it. Adds to the mystery...and the word count.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Welcome to the League. Though maybe I am biased but Maine's logo is better than 5/10  Timber Timber Timber Timber Timber Go Trees!

[Image: sig-goldblum.png]
Former Player

Thank you

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

[Image: lighttheme.png]

@zaynzk confirmed serial killer

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

zaynzk graded by first impression

he aight

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

10-26-2020, 09:11 AMhhh81 Wrote: TIL there's something called the Colorado Rapids
Likely excuse for plagiarism smh

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

10-26-2020, 03:16 PMMazatt Wrote:
10-26-2020, 09:11 AMhhh81 Wrote: TIL there's something called the Colorado Rapids
Likely excuse for plagiarism smh
I never named the team soooooooo :shrug:

You will have to talk to DELIRIVM about that.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Does soccer really count as "something"?

[Image: lespoils.gif]