Create Account

IIHF Expansion

Make South Korea an IIHF team. With the Smebs alone Korea could already ice a whole line. It would provide another representative from Asia and have an automatic rivalry with Japan.

I'd say there is at least a bit of user interest in the country and then high marks for realism and linguistic uniqueness.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

10-27-2020, 08:35 PMDuff101 Wrote:
10-27-2020, 08:21 PMhhh81 Wrote: There is a section of the site that has been planning to eventually pitch a Pan-African IIHF Federation for 8ish seasons now.

Sincerely,
One of those people

Memes aside, how would a hypothetical IIHF expansion work?

Thank Jarome Iginla to some help, his father is Nigerian.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

10-27-2020, 08:35 PMDuff101 Wrote: Memes aside, how would a hypothetical IIHF expansion work?

If the expansion proceeds the same as the S46 one, there is a "repatriation draft" where users who had the new nation listed as their birth nation are allowed a free transfer to the new nation, regardless of whether they had transferred before. Any IAs with the new nation listed as their birth nation were automatically transferred.

Then the new nations had a full season with a lenient number of international transfer-in spots, as well as any new created players for the nation basically making the team as rookies.

With those roles, it was kind of required that there were at least a few players from various positions already created, which is why I weighed it as important in the article. I remember for Switzerland, our initial count after the repatriation draft was only around 10 players, including our only goalie being a sub-190 TPE IA. Then the rest filled in with international transfers and a bunch of people who created Swiss players for that draft.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 01:14 AM by Rancidbudgie.)

Quote: Make South Korea an IIHF team. With the Smebs alone Korea could already ice a whole line. It would provide another representative from Asia and have an automatic rivalry with Japan.

I'd say there is at least a bit of user interest in the country and then high marks for realism and linguistic uniqueness.

South Korea (or both Korea in mind) were both solid choices! However, they were automatically disqualified from my rankings because all of the players were made later than S50. The Smebs alone could make a good chunk of the team, but most were made for the S46 draft, and will be entering regression soon. With no new blood, South Korea is an unviable currently. I agree on the other points though, otherwise they would be a good contender!

Armada pride Ireland

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 11:52 PM by Rancidbudgie.)

Whoops, double post

Armada pride Ireland

Fantastic article.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 04:07 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Could you not compare us to Germans please?

Groetjes,

the Dutch.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Are names like Yzerman, Bouwmeester, Van Riemsdyk, Staal, Hamhuis, Nieuwendyk, Versteeg and Sprong that hard to pronounce?

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

10-28-2020, 04:19 AMKatth Wrote: Are names like Yzerman, Bouwmeester, Van Riemsdyk, Staal, Hamhuis, Nieuwendyk, Versteeg and Sprong that hard to pronounce?

To be honest, judging by how they're pronounced in North America the answer is obviously Yes.

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

The only way I'd care about the IIHF again is for there to be an Aussie team.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

IIIIIICCCEEEELLLANNNDDDD!

We'd 1000% be coached by Wolf "The Dentist" Stansson.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 12:35 PM by bluesfan55.)

this is fantastic

while i did create dutch i'd 100% stay with the swiss if the iihf expanded to the netherlands unless if i was forced to

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

idk how i missed this tbh

"Simply put, we want nations that at least have a hockey program. The more “Meme Teams” aside (*cough* IRELAND *coughcoughcough*),"

Hey now, Ireland has an IRL ice hockey program, just don't look up how many rinks they have, it's not important.

But yeah, last expansion the non-successful finalists were Poland, France, and Denmark. Italy had an IIHF team before, but I don't remember anyone pushing for it with an app, I could be wrong though.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Did people get the option to transfer to 1 of Japan/Switzerland in the expansion?

Cause if an expansion happened that could be fun and give some players a chance to play in the tournament.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

10-29-2020, 12:26 PMC9Van Wrote: Did people get the option to transfer to 1 of Japan/Switzerland in the expansion?

Cause if an expansion happened that could be fun and give some players a chance to play in the tournament.

Yes, if you already had your player being listed as born from there, you got a free transfer out of your current IIHF nation to there.

Also, the new federations had way more transfer slots in their first few seasons of existence compared to previously established federations, in order to get enough players to fill an IIHF squad by next offseason!

Armada pride Ireland