Create Account

S56 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 09:32 PM by boom.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

Hartmann had an up-and-down rookie season. He put up 23 points skating on a line with Tony Pepperoni and Guy LeGrande and looked good in a physical role, but still had some major holes in his game. The first one was puck security - Hartmann had 41 giveaways, the 15th-most in the SHL, and only had 16 takeaways. The second is shooting percentage. Hartmann took 99 shots in the SHL in his rookie season and only scored five times for a 5.05% shooting percentage, and at one point had the lowest non-zero shooting percentage in the SHL. The playoffs were also a disappointment for Hartmann. Playing 19 games, he only scored twice on 51 shots for a 3.92% shooting percentage, one of which came in Game 7 of the semifinal loss to Hamilton, and had 19 giveaways, the fourth-most in the playoffs. Hartmann made some plays in the playoffs, but was largely invisible for most of it. Going into the offseason, he'll look to get stronger on the puck and improve at getting himself to the spots on the ice to take higher-quality shots.

3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

FHM's 12-team playoff bracket setup has received a fair bit of scrutiny. It re-seeds after the play-in round and for some reason puts the #1 seed and #2 seed on the same side of the bracket. I challenge you to come up with a different playoff format - can you come up with a format that's dumber/worse than this? be creative! Come up with the worst possible format for a 12-team playoff.

Time to ruin the SHL. Keeping with the same divisions, the top two teams from each division will get spots, and then the last two spots in each conference are determined by wildcard races across the entire league. From there, the divisions will be thrown out completely and the teams will be seeded 1-12. Now, for the matchups, the 5th, 6th, 11th and 12th seeds will all get byes. The 1 will play the 2 and the 3 will play the 4, and these high seeds will be on the same side of the bracket as the 5 and 6, with the winner of the 1-2 playing the 5 and the winner of the 3-4 playing the 6. Meanwhile, the 7 plays the 8 and the 9 plays the 10, and the winner of the 7-8 goes on to play the 11 and the winner of the 9-10 gets to play the 12 seed. This way, this guarantees a 9th-12th seed makes it into the final four every time while ensuring two of the top four teams in the league go home early every year. This format is sure to spice up the late season, and create chaos with teams willingly throwing games to try and get into the 9-12 spots.

5. Written, 2 TPE

Write an SHL themed Haiku Sonnet (see link below) which I just learned is a real thing. The format is: Haiku Haiku Haiku Haiku Couplet

The format is dumb
Conferences are not a thing
Let's do that hockey

Semifinal time
Three teams from the Great Lakes, why?
Blizzard stand alone

This is a blowout
Syndicate one game away
Oh wait never mind

Blizzard down by three
Overtime magic and hope
Two crossbars to lose

One rally complete, one not
Blizzard's comeback all for naught

6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I'm sorry Chicago, but you've really made this too easy. The Syndicate are without a doubt the most talented team not to make the finals. A 37-win season for third in the league, a 40-goal scorer in Martijn Westbroek, and incredible depth with the Smeb brothers, Corey Kennedy, Lallo Selman and Nick Connolly. The defense is backed up by young studs Akira Ren and Disisde Dayudie, and the team was further bolstered with players like Gunnar Soderberg, Ryan Shepard, and Ryuuji Minamino. In net, Tibuk Soonika was excellent with a 2.03 GAA and .925 save percentage, and continued to be lights-out into the playoffs. Chicago was one game away from the finals and lost in the most agonizing fashion - a reverse sweep at the hands of the Buffalo Stampede, including back-to-back overtime losses in Games 6 and 7.

Task 10, 3 TPE:
[Image: ZGBnC1J.png]

Task 13 (1 TPE)

a. I think the better roster of skaters on paper is clearly the Hamilton Steelhawks. They've really shown throughout the season that they're a stacked team top to bottom. Aaron Wilson, Dick Clapper, Michael Scarn, and Theo Morgan are a lethal group of four 2000 TPE forwards. Their defense is anchored by a 1900 TPE player in Gabriel Johnson and players like Samuel Michaud, Ray Bork and Igor Volkov. Their only weakness is in net with A Jobin at a fairly low TPE level, but he doesn't see many shots so it's not a huge deal.

Task 16 (1 + correct answers): word is "brooms"

TPE: 14 + trivia/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 10:03 AM by notoriousTRON.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Going into this season, 30 points was the number that I was hoping that Rhys would hit. Low and behold, that is exactly the number that he finished with. Rhys scored 13 goals and 17 assists. More than anything, this can be attributed to Toronto’s coaching and Rhys’ line mates. Pritchard played on the second line most of the season, but it wasn’t until Bobby Lane and Danny Marston were put on his line that his scoring really began to take off. Rhys scored many of his points late in the season including 4 points in his final three games. As for next season, Rhys believes that 35 points is well within reach. With the improvements all up and down the North Stars’ roster, there should be much more scoring to go around in Toronto as they begin to be more competitive with the other great teams in the league. Pritchard plans to continue doing what he’s doing and trusting in the process of his team.

Code:
FHM's 12-team playoff bracket setup has received a fair bit of scrutiny. It re-seeds after the play-in round and for some reason puts the #1 seed and #2 seed on the same side of the bracket. I challenge you to come up with a different playoff format - can you come up with a format that's dumber/worse than this? be creative! Come up with the worst possible format for a 12-team playoff.

Round 1: First, I split the 12 teams into three groups. But rather than do it based on seeding, I base it on standings. The top 4 teams in group A the next four teams in group 2 and the last four teams in group III. Round one consists of the groups playing each other round robin. The best record in each group moves on to round 2.
Round 2: Now that we’re down to three teams we either need a 4th team or a bye. Since the goal of this is to be dumb, we’ll just bring in the worst team in the league to give them a second chance. But we won’t pit them against the best team remaining, we’ll put them against the worst team remaining because dumb.
Round 3: Now we should be down to two teams unless my math is wrong. We have those two teams play each other in a series to determine a winner. You may think at this point we would crown a champion, but you’d be wrong.
Round 4: In order to prove that our champions are worthy, we will now have them play each team that qualified for the playoffs in a seven game series. If they lose to a team, we repeat this round with that team as the champion, playing each of the remaining 11 teams to prove that they are worthy champions. This continues until we have a winner that makes it through the gauntlet.

Code:
4. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If the SHL needed to set up a playoff bubble (like the NHL did in Edmonton/Toronto or the NBA in Orlando), which city would be the best candidate to host as the hub city? What would the players do during their time in a playoff bubble? (For graphic option, make an advertisement [like a pamphlet/brochure] in support of a specific city as the hub city and highlighting the reasons why.)
I think the best city for an SHL bubble would be Chicago. My reason for this is that Chicago is centrally located but most of all Chicago sucks. When they are not playing hockey, SHL’s biggest stars can spend time driving around looking for parking in one of Chicago’s overrated districts. If, by some miracle, they are able to locate a spot in the same zip code of their destination, they can then try to play everyone’s favorite game: make your car fit in too small of a space no matter what the cost. Upon their inevitable failure, they can leave a note (complete with an autograph) on the windshield of the cars they damaged. When players are able to finally find a parking spot that fits their car and also is less than 7 miles from their destination, they can wake up to find out that their car has been towed due to a farmers market! Endless entertainment! By the time they finish paying Chicago’s municipal fines and releasing their car from the impound lot, it will be game time again. Thus, thanks to Chicago’s gridlock traffic and impossible street parking, the players will have avoided doing anything fun and thus contracting COVID and can play their next game without risk of transmitting the virus!

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
The best SMJHL team to not make the finals was the Anaheim Outlaws. They had the unfortunate and untimely retirement of James Boxman that really hurt them down the stretch. However, their core of “Long” John Donair, Thomas Rose, Hubert Andrews, and Ryu Jones is mokre than formidable. They also have a stout defense of James LeBlond, Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk, and Arsene Leclerc. Admittedly, they suffer a bit in goal between Vincent Mietitore, and Aaron, though Mietitore looks to have a very bright future. Before the loss of Boxman, I would have pegged Anaheim as the odds on favorites to win the Four Star Cup!

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have an impressive set of skaters - without factoring in any coaching or tactical strategies, which team do you think has the better roster of skaters on paper?
Looking strictly at TPE, I think Hamilton has a slight edge among Skaters. Aaron Wilson, Theo Morgan, Michael Scarn, and Dick Clapper are all around 2000. In addition to them, they also have Gabriel Johnson and Hugh Jazz over 1600 TPE and several more above 1000. They have a deep roster of skaters. On the other hand, Buffalo has the Edge among it’s defensive skaters and boasts a solid roster of Forwards as well.
Code:
b. Do you foresee the teams making any strategic adjustments during the course of the series? Should the teams be quick to switch tactics or stick with what they've been using?
Both of these teams but particularly Hamilton have shown to have a great grasp on the tactics of FHM and are great at tweaking them to get the outcome that they want. One of the key reasons that I’m picking Hamilton in this series is that they’ve proven an ability to use tactics to level out any matchup weaknesses that they are facing. In this series, those weaknesses are on the blueline and in goal.
Code:
c. These two teams hail from the Great Lakes Division. Which of the Great Lakes (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior) do you think is the Greatest and why?
Well like Superior likes to think it is the best, but I think that lake Michigan is the Greatest. As much as I hate the city of Chicago, which it boarders, Lake Michigan is the most American of the Great Lakes. According to my complex analysis, Lake Michigan is 100% surrounded by American lands. Also Lake Michigan also looks like a penis and I think that’s funny. USA! USA! USA!
Code:
d. If, once it is safe to do so, you had to go hang out in person with one of the users on Buffalo/Hamilton, who would you hang out with and what would you do? (if you pick gabe you get -1 tpe)
I would like to hang out with DrunkenTeddy. First of all, his username suggests that he likes to have a good time. I’ll make sure that my uber/lyft apps are updated and that I maintain a charge on my phone throughout the night. Secondly, he appears to have a lot of the same technical interests as me and maybe we can put our heads together to come up with some improvements to the site’s infrastructure and league indexes. But probably not because he’s was smarter than me and my drunk ideas are never that great once I wake up in the morning.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
apples

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Trivia verification word: yuds (+3 TPE)

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Of the 10 most recent finals series, which do you think is the most memorable and why? Which will be remembered in history as the best/most important/most memorable series or victory? S46: BUF over NOLA, S47: WKP over CGY, S48: BUF over WPG, S49: EDM over NEW, S50: CGY over TBB, S51: HAM over EDM, S52: MAN over SFP, S53: HAM over EDM, S54: NOLA over HAM, S55: BUF over NOLA.
I've only been involved in one of these finals (S54: NOLA 4-0 HAM) so I'm really inclined to say that finals despite the thrilling series in S50 (Tampa Bay looking in control of the Cup only to lose 4 straight, handing Calgary's old farts another cup) and S52 (San Francisco's fairytale runs comes to an end at the hands of a dominant Manhattan team). While S54 was a sweep that saw New Orleans utterly dominate the Steelhawks, the scorelines reveal a closer series (bar a NOLA blowout in Game 3), with the climax being a thrilling Game 4 where a scrub named Mitchell van der Heijden (god, that guy sucks ASS) scored the winning goal in overtime in what became his last shot as a Specters player. For me, it'll be the most memorable simply because I finally won the cup (and a playoff series too!). Thinking about it will never not make me happy.

If the SHL needed to set up a playoff bubble (like the NHL did in Edmonton/Toronto or the NBA in Orlando), which city would be the best candidate to host as the hub city? What would the players do during their time in a playoff bubble? (For graphic option, make an advertisement [like a pamphlet/brochure] in support of a specific city as the hub city and highlighting the reasons why.)

I think if we were to have a bubble we should probably locate it in Canada since any city in the US would not really be a viable option. Out of the Canadian cities that host an SHL team (Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Hamilton, Calgary), the choice is clear. Toronto, or the 6ix, is the best option by far due to the fact that it's not located in the middle of nowhere (Winnipeg), not cold as balls (Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary) and it's not a dull suburb that no one really cares about (Hamilton). Toronto has nice hotels and a good rink too so it really makes sense to me. When not practicing the players would likely be cooped up in their hotels playing video games. I sure know that I would smuggle a console in to play games. If not gaming they're probably watching Netflix or some shit. That passes the time well.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
My prediction for IIHF this season is pretty simple: one of Canada or the US will win since both teams are divinely stacked (in fact, Canada's fed heads literally just cracked the roster this season showcasing how stacked they are). Japan are a team to look out for as they aim to continue on their great progress in the past couple of seasons, and Great Britain is always worth a shout for a medal as well. I think that my country, Switzerland, will eke out the 4th medal round spot in Group A (we're in a close group as I think we'll be fighting with the Germans, Finns, and Russians for that fourth spot) as Lallo Selman leads us in scoring. As for total scoring, someone is gonna have to pick up the Jeff Brogen mantle on Canada and I think Hamilton star forward Theo Morgan will fill that role ably, leading the tournament in scoring as Canada wins gold.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have an impressive set of skaters - without factoring in any coaching or tactical strategies, which team do you think has the better roster of skaters on paper?
I would favor the Steelhawks over the Stampede purely because the Steelhawks have that murderer's row in attack with guys like Theo Morgan, Michael Scarn, Dick Clapper, and Aaron Wilson. Their defense is also better production-wise, although it's due to that fucking scrub Gabe Johnson so I guess they're not? Anyways I think Hamilton with their better offensive production have a more impressive roster in skaters on paper.
b. Do you foresee the teams making any strategic adjustments during the course of the series? Should the teams be quick to switch tactics or stick with what they've been using?
I honestly don't see the teams making any strategic adjustments during this series due to the fact that both teams have sheer star power on both ends of the ice. And even if they do, both teams have great coaching staffs so the changes will probably work anyways, but I honestly do not think that these two teams will be making any changes at all since everything has mostly gone swimmingly for them these playoffs.
c. These two teams hail from the Great Lakes Division. Which of the Great Lakes (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior) do you think is the Greatest and why?
Is this really even a fucking question? One of the lakes is named Superior. Lake Superior is superior to the other four scrub Great Lakes since its name is Lake Superior. That's really it. If a lake is named Superior then it has to be the most superior so there is no way that four other lakes are superior than Lake Superior. End of story, plain and simple.
d. If, once it is safe to do so, you had to go hang out in person with one of the users on Buffalo/Hamilton, who would you hang out with and what would you do? (if you pick gabe you get -1 tpe)
Anyone who picks Gabe for this question is stupid and deserves to lose that 1 tpe since Gabe is Gabe and I hate his fucking guts. I'd choose my main man Ferda because everybody loves Ferda. Ferda's the fucking guy, he's chill as fuck, he's funny, basically he ticks all the boxes of "Guy I'd want to chill out with if I got the chance to since he rocks". Plus he wouldn't refuse to meet Ass for a pint like that fucker Gabe Johnson so Ferda is no-doubt my pick.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 05:09 PM by O4L.)

Code:

In the regular season, I met my expectations. My individual goal was to break 50 points again and I did. I think my player is the first defencemen to have multiple 50 point seasons since the FHM switch so that's kinda cool but a big part of that is thanks to Corey who has carried my player for seasons and my chemistry with him is a big part of my individual success. This is by far the most individual success I've had as a player in the league. You could even argue this season was the best offensive season by a defenceman in the FHM era, finished with 55 points which is 2 points off the FHM record but also played 2 minutes per game less than the record holder. None of that really matters since my player underperformed vs Buffalo in the playoffs in the last 4 games of that series. It was like we had 2 Jules Watt's on the team at once which really cost us. I'll take a look at my build in the off-season after IIHF and try to figure out what i can fix for next season so this doesn't happen again.

Code:
Of the 10 most recent finals series, which do you think is the most memorable and why? Which will be remembered in history as the best/most important/most memorable series or victory? S46: BUF over NOLA, S47: WKP over CGY, S48: BUF over WPG, S49: EDM over NEW, S50: CGY over TBB, S51: HAM over EDM, S52: MAN over SFP, S53: HAM over EDM, S54: NOLA over HAM, S55: BUF over NOLA.

To me, none of these are even that memorable. They'll all get written down in the stats book and the story behind them will be forgotten to history by the next generation like the 45 cups that came before them since it happens with every era once the previous generation goes inactive. Revisionist history is also super prevalent in the league since basically whoever stays active the longest from a generation and has the loudest voice is able to shape the narrative around what happened during the previous era whether it's true or not. I guess from a historical perspective out of all of them I'd go with HAM in S51 since that was the year that broke STHS and forced us to switch simulations for the first time in league history. That probably had a bigger historical impact on the league than any other cup win in the history of the league.

Code:

I think the current setup is a major improvement on what we had in previous seasons. I don't know if people consider this better or worse but we should abolish conferences and divisions and just play with one big conference with all the teams. Conferences/Divisions and things like travel literally do not matter as it's a sim league (same reason the SHL should've expanded to places like Europe & Asia years ago). I think everyone playing in one conference, playing each other the same amount per season would give everyone the fairest shot at making the play-offs.

Code:

Gonna be biased and go with Chicago which is probably the truth based on regular-season performance and our play-off performance for most of the play-offs. People will say "blah blah Chicago chokes again", but if you actually pay attention to the league this is the first time Chicago has choked in a play-off series since we switched to FHM. We've always had to play Buffalo in the first round with a worse roster and no team besides Hamilton has even beaten FHM era Buffalo. This was the first time we've played them that an argument could even be made for us to be the favorite in the series. Shit happens in simulation leagues and we blew a 3-0 lead by losing to a great team, twice in competitive coin-flip over-time games. Realistically, this was the best chance we've had to make the finals since the team entered the league and it's incredibly disappointing to not be able to especially since we had a .500 record vs HAM in the regular season but shit happens in sim leagues.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Japan won its first medal last year and made it to their 2nd medal game in a row and first-ever gold medal game, they finished the round-robin with the 2nd most goals with 51, they also outscored their opponents 15-4 in the IIHF play-offs before getting shut-out in the finals. The roster is made up of a lot of Buffalo/Chicago players and a lot of them have only improved/stayed the same so expectations are big for the team going into this tournament. I think if we get a bit more depth scoring this tournament than the last tournament and our top players continue their performance from the previous tournament we could really have a great chance at winning the gold medal this year. Hopefully, we can show that we've grown from the previous two medal games and have a better performance this year because we've yet to have a great performance in a medal game.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

T1LS

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Code:
(This season came to me fast and I took it in as best and as much as i can.  Being it my first season in the SHL as a young rookie prospect out of the S54 class, I had limited expectations to say the least.  Staring the season off with a mere 830 TPE I felt and thought that I would get run over by these shl superstars.  But luckily the Edmonton Blizzard being the classy organization that they are made good and sheltered me.  Handing me two great players like Julio Tokolosh and James Truong and kept that line together for the whole season.  Love these two feloows and i would run through a wall for them.  I by far had a great rookie campaign collecting 3 goals and 32 oints on the season.  Astonishing as it may not seem to others, but posting a +/- of +29 3rd best on my team was an even bigger surprise, as Laforest is widely know better for his offensive skills rather than his defensive ones.)

Code:
(Well not sure if it would be considered worse or not, but here is my take on a twelve team seeded playoff format.  First off I would abolish all divisions and conferences.  Condense the whole league into one division and have the twelve teams who make the "playoffs" have a mini season schedule amongst themselves.  Play each team 2 times once at home and away and have them reseed themselves that way.  The bottom 4 teams are automatically eliminated and the rest face off each other in the standard format we all know very well. 1st versus 8th, 2nd versus 7th and 3rd versus 6th etc etc.  Best seeded team always plays the worse seeded team.  Throwback to the 1980's!)

Code:
(Well it may not be the most cost efficient way to proceed but I would definitely have the playoff bubble held in the city of Montreal.  Planning ahead and having ample amount of time to do it, I would construct a mini city literally under a air tight bubble globe that surrounds the mini city.  And all the air is manufactured by machinery and is of top quality for our shl stars.  Built in the downtown core of coarse, it would have four arenas total and not two, so games can be played out at a much even pace for our athletes and give them extra time to recuperate and heal from the big games.  Each team would have their own hotel and are allowed to invite as many as 100 friends and family members to join them inside the bubble.  (after the standard 14 day quarantine of coarse)  By doing this, it would ease the players from the pain of not seeing their loved ones for "x" amount of time and therefore the games would be played at a much higher quality in front of a few thousand fans at least.)

Code:
(Well biased or not i really don't care, bu the best SHL team not to make the finals is of coarse our beloved Edmonton Blizzard!  Why?  How about because we took out the best team in the Western conference the Calgary Dragons and followed that up with a devastating loss to the best team in the league the Hamilton Steelhawks and took it to a game seven.  All this with 3 green rookies in the lineup playing significant roles/minutes on the team.  Add to that a defensive core that to be honest was mangled from the get go with our 3rd pair combining for just under 900 tpe.  Our coaching and management staff is one of the best in the league and it is shown here again this season)

Code:
(Drum roll please, since just a couple days ago Daniel Laforest decided to transfer out of the Canadian federation and into the Norwegian one.  Myself and fellow draft class Dwight Knight also decided the same as myself to join the ranks of Norway.  So I believe that after going in last years championship 6-5-1 and adding two big pieces up front like ourselves (over 1700 tpe combined) and with some already elite talent on the squad, Norway is a team that will battle and surprise many teams this IIHF.  For sure the top dogs will remain the top dogs, and here I speak of Canada, USA, Japan just to name a couple.  I think this year Norway may not medal but finishing a close 4th place would be a great revelation for the nation. As for top point getters, none other than Monkey D.Luffy will surely enjoy a very successful tournament.)

Code:

(Snoop)

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Code:

My player had a better season in literally every category. 1 more goal and 6 more assists, to end up at 29 points. I improved my +/- by 29, lol. only 1 more hit but 8 more blocked shots. Avg TOI down by about 45 seconds though, i'm playing with a better defense so that was to be expected. I should be in the 1600s during next season so i'm only going to improve. My Playoffs were pretty good personally too with 10 points in 16 games and some OK defensive stats. Sadly it didn't end the way we wanted to but i did my best, but sadly that wasn't enough at this stage. I'm going to work my ass off to make sure we go all the way next season, and i'm sure the others are eager to get some revenge after that bullshit that happened. But first we'll be sad for a bit, got to break down before you build yourself up.

Code:

How about we have the two top seeds play against each other in the first round, then the tree is re-seeded so that the winner between the top seeds plays against the 3rd seed? Very smart and gives the worse teams a bigger chance of winning the cup, because equality of outcome is very important. Best possible outcome of this seeding would be that the 11th and 12 seed meet each other in the finals. Or perhaps we just change the structure of the entire playoffs and make it so that the team that loses the most games becomes the winner? Loser of each series goes to the next round. That would be fun eh?

Code:

Obviously Chicago Syndicate. That reverse sweep was some bullshit and i don't even know how it happened. A lot because i didn't get to watch any of the losses because of work, except for the first one. I think i'm taking points out of goalscoring because apparently we lose everytime i score. We have such a great core and really deserved to win that shit. It is what it is though, i'm used to losing. Sweg forever cursed, only way i win is with a player that isn't playing more than a minute per game. sad. We'll be back next season though, hopefully we can do better that time.

Code:

There is only one team that i care about in the IIHF and that is of course Japan. We are definitely aiming for gold this time, we've only become better the last couple of IIHF tourneys and this won't be an exception. This time we'll pb at just below 900 tpe, which should help seeing how we haven't had a good goalie since i joined the team, and that is pretty much what we've been lacking. The teams hot and i share a lot of teammates split between Chicago and Newfoundland. A gold would be so hype, and also give some extra income.

Code:
8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. if written)
The arenas in Buffalo and Hamilton want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

Let me introduce you to the BORING SADWICH. Yeah that isn't even a typo, no N missing. This series is just boring and sad seeing how these teams has been at the top for so long and one could've hoped to see some new teams in the finals. The sandwich wouldn't even have butter on it. All the ingredients would be some boring stale brown bread with seeds in it, one slice of gouda cheese, a small piece of iceberg lettuce and half a slice of ham. All this put together without and put in the microwave for 15 seconds just to get it lukewarm, not even hot enough to get a melt on the cheese, just warm enough to not make it either hot or cold. On the marketing signs throughout the arena it is hyped up with good looking sandwiches but when the customers orders it they're told that there might be small differences in the ad and the actual sandwich, but they are not allowed any money back if they're not happy with it. sad.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

formx

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 02:40 AM by Leafs4ever.)

ISFL PT Affiliate (3 TPE)

Task 1: (3 TPE)

Well, my sophomore season came and went and it left me longing for my rookie year. I don't know what happened this off-season, but I just never got joining.

I started out in Colorado, of course, and put up a few points, but was terribly unlucky. I was sporting one of the worst PDO's in the league and it never really improved while there. We had high hopes in Colorado, but we also struggled this season. That led to Colorado selling pieces, where I was shipped off to Nevada. I never expected my time in Colorado to end that quick and in that fashion, but they got a haul and couldn't really turn it down.

In Nevada, things didn't improve much. My luck was still bad and I didn't make an impact with my new team at all. We went into the playoffs with a first round bye, but were quickly eliminated in the second round. A very unremarkable season ended in a whimper.

I wish I knew what happened, but I really don't. Hopefully next season goes better than this.

(181 words)

Task 2: (3 TPE)

Season 49's Challenge Cup Final between Edmonton and New England is the most memorable of the last 10 years. Edmonton won that Cup and carried the hopes of an entire league in it. No one wanted to see the Wolfpack win the big one, so everything rested on Edmonton. It's like every superhero movie, we all wanted to see the good guy beat up the bad guy and it was glorious to watch it unfold.

Edmonton was carrying a deep roster, but one that was together for a very long time. The core in Edmonton became a staple in the SHL and their bond ran deep. The fans felt that togetherness and it really gave the Blizzard that home town feel for even neutral admirers. It was also memorable because of Rockefeller's performance. He really became a superstar in that series en route to an Anton Razov Trophy.

The long standing core of the Blizzard defeating the villainous Wolfpack was easily the most memorable Cup Final of the last 10 years.

(171 words)

Task 13: (4 TPE)

Both of these teams have an impressive set of skaters - without factoring in any coaching or tactical strategies, which team do you think has the better roster of skaters on paper?

The Steelhawks are stacked. They are clearly the best team in the SHL, as seen in the regular season and in these playoffs. A team with Morgan, Clapper, and Wilson is almost unfair. They drafted well, signed free agents, but also took advantage of teams in trades. There isn't a weakness on their roster. I think we all predicted Hamilton in this spot, which should tell you the answer to this question. Good luck to Buffalo. (76 words)

Do you foresee the teams making any strategic adjustments during the course of the series? Should the teams be quick to switch tactics or stick with what they've been using?

I'm never a fan of always switching tactics. You got this far with what you've been doing. Either you trust your players to execute the game plan or not. If you don't trust them, you've already lost. In a seven game series, do you really want to make your players play seven different ways? You should know by now what style best benefits your team. Stick to what you know and believe it can be enough to win. (78 words)

These two teams hail from the Great Lakes Division. Which of the Great Lakes (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior) do you think is the Greatest and why?

Lake Ontario is the greatest. It shares a name with the greatest province which doesn't hurt. Don't be fooled by Lake Superior. I assure you it's just a name and not in fact superior to the other lakes. Lake Ontario brings a charm to the shores it touches. Yeah, maybe you can't always swim in it, but that's just because it's too majestic for mere humans to always be allowed inside it. Lake Ontario is the best, don't fall for the other Great Lakes propaganda. (85 words)

If, once it is safe to do so, you had to go hang out in person with one of the users on Buffalo/Hamilton, who would you hang out with and what would you do? (if you pick gabe you get -1 tpe)

I'm hanging out with Trautner because, based on his player name, I know we'd just talk about The Office all day and I'm sure start a binge watch together. We'd make it all the way to Threat Level Midnight and just share laughs and tears. After that, we could start another binge watch of The Office because that's what you do when you finish The Office, just watch it again. (70 words)

Task 14: (3 TPE)

Verification: Strongo

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:09 AM by Kyamprac.)

Quote:One (1) welfare claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

ISFL Welfare Claim

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

I wasn’t super stoked about writing about Sarah Burke’s performance this season. From game to game it didn’t seem like she was accomplishing as much as I would have expected from the TPE increase between seasons 55 and 56. But then I actually took the time to look at the index and it turns out she showed a few big improvements which is great. With help from her fellow Whalers, she was able to make things happen on the ice and gain more assists, while building a solid 14 +/-, which is a sharp contrast to the 4 she had last year. She also became a more physical presence on the ice, getting more hits. Burke even managed to hit a few of the milestones this year, giving her an extra little TPE boost and making her post-cap TPE application look even more tantalizing.

Despite these improvements, Burke also had a few downfalls this season compared to last. She gave away the puck quite a bit more and blocked fewer shots on net. Hoping she'll show substantial improvements going into her third season with the SMJHL.

Quote:4. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

This is going to be a bit of a cop-out, but obviously it has to be Edmonton or Toronto since they have been proven to work, right? And personally I would prefer Edmonton, because Rogers Place is just designed so well for bubble hockey. While I know it better as the home of the Oilers in the real world, I learned tonight that the Blizzard also call Rogers Place (and the Ice District more generally) home.

The arena is attached to a hotel by a pedway, making it safe and easy for players to move back and forth between the rink and their rooms without having to interact with anyone outside of the bubble. There’s also a community rink and a state of the art fitness facility attached, giving them a place to train and practice. In their off-time, players could kick it in Studio 99 and knock back some beers, head to the casino for kicks, and then hit the spa in the morning to peacefully get over their hangovers. If they really want to go interact with their fans, I’m sure there’s some peering through the giant windows at them in Ford Hall.

Quote:9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship hat for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup championship hat for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

[Image: jnzruso.png]

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: hoot hoot

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

PBE CW, 3 TPE

Code:

Fantastic season for the Hamilton Steelhawks as the team was able to secure the top spot in the Eastern Conference in quite dominating fashion. New signings Theo Morgan and Michael Scarn did well teaming up, with Morgan likely the league MVP with a record breaking season of production. Scarn had a bit of a disappointing season however, scoring only 13 goals while shooting a terrible 5.58% on shots on goal. Scarn, however, did well as a distributor, dishing out a league high 42 assists, most I'd imagine to Theo Morgan who slammed home a league high 43 goals for the season. Scarn will hope he can find his shooting touch more consistently next season, while maintaining his great instant chemistry with Morgan. If Scarn can even manage to be league average when shooting on goal, he could be in for an even better season than this last one. In all, while Scarn snapped his streak of increasing his point total every season, there are encouraging signs.

Code:

Put together the worst possible playoff bracket? This is a pretty easy choice because I think that going by alphabetical order without looking at the regular season standings at all would be a pretty great choice. Atlanta, Baltimore, Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Manhattan are our teams out of the Eastern Conference. Honestly that's not such a bad lineup of teams, only New England will be aggrieved from losing their spot forever to the Baltimore Platoon. Out of the Western Conference, we see Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New Orleans, and San Francisco advance to the playoffs. Minnesota and San Francisco stand out as teams that will be absolutely wrecked in this scenario.

Code:

The best place to host the SHL Bubble of 2020 due to the pandemic is obviously Scranton, Pennsylvania. The Scranton Business Park is an elite facility where teams can separate into their own office buildings to quarantine from one another and then gather in the Dunder Mifflin warehouse, which has been remodeled to include an ice rink in addition to the existing basketball court. It's hard to argue with the neutrality of the location as well, as there are no teams in Pennsylvania in the SHL. Parking could be an issue at the Scranton Business Park, as W.B. Jones' construction company workers occasionally take up the parking spots for other employees of the building. However, for every downside there is an upside, as we can bring in the pretzel vendor to have Pretzel Day everyday at the building so that all players can have delicious treats every single day and have a nice warm sweet pretzel.

Code:

The Chicago Syndicate will be reliving their series against the Buffalo Stampede for many seasons to come, wondering what could have been if they would have won just one more game. Blowing a 3-0 lead in the playoffs is absolutely brutal, and coming up one game short of the finals is an even worse feeling for Chicago. With a dominant offense and defense out of the tough Great Lakes division, the Syndicate have a real claim to being the best or second best team in the entire league, and so they stand out as a huge miss for not making the finals this season.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE
Verification: ham

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Code:

I thought it was a great season overall for my player.  Second season in the juniors and playing on the 2nd line regular getting plenty of special teams action contributing points on the power play and killing lots of penalties.  I had 2 goal 3 assists all my rookie season but came out with 10 goals 11 assists with over 50% faceoffs as well as blocking nearly 100 shots as a center. Also achieved the second highest hits for a forward on the team.  In the end it didn't help the team win lots in the regular season but hopefully next year things will turn around! We won the first playoff game I had been a part of in Detroit this season and we managed to keep all the games within 1 goal. The time invested in bringing up my strength in the weight room and extra sprints on the ice really paid off to make that happen. Next season I will continue to do what I do best and defend hard while transitioning to make big plays going forward.

Code:

I call this the gauntlet series.  There are 6 teams from each conference selected and plays the team that shares their rank from the opposite conference.  1st plays 1st, 2nd plays 2nd all the way to 6th vs 6th.  They play 7 games in 7 nights no nights off in between at all.  The losers are all out, except the loser of the 1st vs 1st seed series which the winner moves straight to the final, the loser drops down to play the winner of the 6th seed.  It will be a best of 7 as well in straight nights with the winner moving on to play the 5ths seed winner, then that winner the 4th seed, then 3rd then 2nd until that winner plays the winner of the 1st series.  Makes perfect sense as it drags the playoffs out and gives almost a month off for the top seed winning in the first round.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE
Write an SHL themed Haiku Sonnet (see link below) which I just learned is a real thing. The format is: Haiku Haiku Haiku Haiku Couplet

As SHL grows
the game brings forward legend
that will inspire

Greatness and glory
supporters chanting chearing
to bring the cup home

Rivals fierce battles
putting body, heart and mind
on the line each time

Heros will shine bright
each time they take to the ice
the goal horn goes off

Glide, cheer and leap to the glass
victory yours may it last

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

1. Well Bork Lazer did not have as great of a season as I expected for the chad daddy. Last year winner of the inaugural best defensive defensemen in the simulation major junior hockey league. This season was fairly average in all stat categories. It was enough to meet the milestones needed to earn the max total points earned. Unfortunately it was not up to my own standard not being the leader in any category was unacceptable to my standard. Next season I plan on improving on this as I will be able to optimize my build to be a defensive weapon when I am called up to the Hamilton Steelhakws. Expect big daddy chad bork lazer to unleash hellish hits, checking and taking the puck away from the sims of the simulation hockey league. I also will be able to hopefully be a bit more accurate with my shooting when I do have the puck in my hands.
+3
3. I can easily come uo with a horrible 12 team playoff set up. First we will have a play in of the 5 best teams. Why are these teams playing first. Well the othere teams did not play too well so I think they deserve a handicap to give them a better shot at winning a champion ship. The best team will still get to wait as the coveted team that doesn’t play first. Team 2, 3,4 and 5 will play first. Winner of these two games play each other. Winner of this plays the number one team. Then after that winner will play against the 6th team, 7 vs 8, 9 vs 10 and 11 vs 12. There you have the worst playoff set up.
+2

4. So the Simulation Hockey League has come to me and asked me of all people where they would like their playoff bubble for the playoffs. Well I guess I have the best place that will be fair for all teams. What other place would be best than a centrally located area like Omaha, Nebraska. You can drive in from the interstate or fly in from epply airport. We could have everyone play in the chi center and players could stay in the Hilton hotel right across the street. Or they could also play in the baxter arena. This would probably be better as they could hold all the teams up in the dormitories of the university of Nebraska at Omaha during the summer to finish a playoff setting off. There are plenty of eating options that can safely deliver to all the players and personnel as well. Will this happen, probably not but it is worth a shot putting the idea out there.
+3

6. Best team to not make the simulation major junior hockey league championship of the 56th season? That is easily the anchorage armada with no bias what so ever. I do believe we had a great team. A defense of almost entirely capped player. If you look at the statistics of PDO and other things like that you can see how unlucky the Anchorage armada have been. It is sad because you have a capped goalie of scoochie Scranton who on paper should play always like his mvp season but more often than not he is a ghost where anything can pass through him. What could have been.
+2

7. How do I think the iifh playoffs tournament of champions and sexy hockey players will go? Well I can tell you what countries team got a whole lot sexier this season. That team is Norway. Norway has had two new transfers of two very great season 54 players in LeForrest and Lazer. These two additions not only boos the offense but also the defense of Norway which gives them a ton of hope for their future. If they are able to make it out of the group play they are in the tournament play where anything  can happen. In all honesty it will come down to the teams of great Britain, japan or Canada just due to these teams having very high total points earned players. Last season we saw japan put together a good run I could see this team making another push for gold but I hold hope for my Norwegian friends that we could possibly shock the world.

+3
isfl affiliate

trivia verification

[Image: lazer2.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 07:19 PM by Rankle.)

PBE PT - 3 TPE

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

You know, honestly I'm not too disappointed in myself this season. Once again I lead the Barracuda in points and in goals. I can't say I'm expecting to be a superstar on a team like Tampa as we're still in the midst of a rebuild and on the upswing. My own personal goals at the moment are taking a backseat to the goals of improving the team and being ready to make a legitimate run at the cup once our entire core is complete. I'm honestly just excited for when the day comes and we will actually be a competitive team and be able to say we have a shot at doing some serious damage in the playoffs. Right now, my goals are to just be along for the ride and help in any way I can with growing Tampa into a better team. With the improvement of the team comes the improvement of the self.

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I propose a bold new bracket for the SHL playoffs. This bracket will start by giving the 7 and 3 seed a bye, because I think it would be funny to watch teams scramble to try to place themselves at those specific points in the standings. Then, in the first round we have matchups of 1-2, 4-6, 5-12, 8-11, and 9-10. After that we have 3rd seed vs the highest remaining seed and 7th seed vs the lowest remaining seed. As for the other two matchups, we can just pick at random for who plays who because honestly? Who cares. Seeding and all that stuff is way too complicated, why not just do it at random?

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE

little water dog
waiting to be champion
sitting on the bench

much time has passed since
the days before the rebuild
when we could compete

the young water pups
know not of the before times
of dogs come and gone

the ones who paved the
ice rink they now skate upon
as they pave themselves

but one day they will
lead a new tampa

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Well, obviously the team I expect to do the best in the upcoming IIHF tournament is the absolute powerhouse that is Great Britain. We have an absolutely stacked forward group with the likes of Nick Brian, Guy Zheng, Jimmy Slothface, Jon Forty-One, and Oliver Cloutier. Additionally, we have the likes of Dominic Montgomery, Tony Ford, Ray Bork, and Perry Morgan backing them up on defense. Not only that, but we cannot forget about the impenetrable wall that is Luca Del Vecchio backstoping us in the net. There is absolutely no way that we dont smash our way through the competition with a lineup consisting of all these SHL stars and superstars, and a supporting cast that honestly is only a few steps away from being as great as the stars on the team. I fully expect us to have a great tournament and be able to do Great Britain proud, for Queen and Country, as they say.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification: pee

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 09:03 AM by d0lph1nb0y.)

Task 1 - 3 TPE

This year Josh Dolphin went into his Sophomore year with the Colorado Raptors. The Raptors had a down year finishing 3rd in their division and 5th in their conference but Josh was able to win his first play off seires beating Qubecc 4 games to 2.

Josh was moved up to line 3 this season doubling his playing time from an average of 6 minutes to 14 minutes of ice time. With the extra ice time he was able to improve his points totals from last season. At the end of S55 Josh finished with just 7 assists but this season he was able to get 8 goals and 15 assists to finish with a total of 23 points.

His goal came in the 5th game of the season against Maine scoring an empty net goal to put Colorado 6-3 up. Another achievement this season was getting his first hat trick. This came in 8-7 lost to the Anchorage Armada.
(160 words)

Task 3 - 2 TPE

So my idea of a terrible playoff format is instead of having any a playoff bracket and play a best-of series, teams we be put into groups and play home and away games.

So as follows -

Round 1 - 3 groups of 4 teams, play each team in group home and away, top 2 from each group and two 3rd place teams with the best record move to round 2
Round 2 - 2 groups of 4 teams, play each team in group home and away, top 2 from each group move to round 3
round 3 - 1 group of 4 teams, play each team home and away, top 2 teams go to finals
Finals - 1 game played at neatural arena
(119 words)

Task 6 - 2 TPE

In the SMJHL i believe the Carolina Kraken was the best team to not make the finals this year. This was most likely due how the play off bracket was seeded as they faced first place team Vancover in the semi finals. Carolina toped the Atlantic conference and came 2nd in the league with 31 wins and 64 points, finishing above finalist Newfoundland. Carolina was 4th in goals per game and was 3rd on power play percentage. They had three 40 point players with two players finishing in the top 10 for goals and 3 players finishing in the top 10 for assists. Kraken goalie Blunt Man finished secoundin wins with 20.
(112 words)

Task 16 - 3 TPE

dolphin
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 10:55 PM by canes2112.)

1. Grape Fruit showed improvement in his second season. Moving up to the second line and gaining some power play time helped improve his statistical production. Probably the biggest improvement is FHM's OGR where Grape Fruit scored a 71, which was good for second in the entire league. Despite the improvement, the points produced were not as high as I would have liked, despite the OGR. I'm not sure if it was just bad sim luck but next season should be better. Grape Fruit will hit the 425 cap at the start of the season with probable first line minutes, the opportunity is clear for him to produce better. There are some big shoes to fill with some key players leaving Carolina so I have high hopes and expectations for Grape Fruit. Who knows if this is his last junior season but he should really strive to make the best of the upcoming season. Playing along side Aleksander Kozlov and developing chemistry also excites me for the possibilities next season. (3 TPE)

3. First, as a Kraken, this format sucks and I hate it. It could be worse though. I present the double elimination redraft bracket. It is a normal double elimination bracket but each time a team wins a round, they get to pick a player from the losing team to keep through the playoffs. This makes the lower seeds who have to play more games more powerful to take on the higher ranked teams. A team can become quite powerful by losing its first game and running the gauntlet through the lower bracket, gaining a lot of quality players along the way. It is really stupid and should never be implemented. (2 TPE)

4. Edmonton or Toronto seems like the likely option due to their recent success with the NHL. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Personally, I think Toronto would be my first choice. It really reduces the miles traveled by the Cup since it can be picked up down the road at the HOF. Players would probably drink, play video games and other card or board games in the bubble. At least that's what I would do. It would be a lot of fun in the downtime to just hang out and relax and a great opportunity to meet players from other teams that might be staying in close proximity. If the city ended up being Edmonton that would be solid as well. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as long as the amenities are up to expectation. Since the players don't get to leave, the physical city has little impact except for maybe geographical location with blizzards or extreme heat and whatnot. (3 TPE)

6. The Carolina Kraken was the best team to not make the finals. It almost happened, taking the Vancouver Whalers to 7 games but falling short in the last game. I feel confident in saying that facing any other team, the Kraken win the series. This is due to the strange playoff format where the 1 and 2 seeds play in the semis. The Kraken were the 2 team in the regular season and clearly had the mettle to take on the number 1 team who were far and away the best regular season team. If they had won game 7 then the championship would likely go to Carolina. (2 TPE)

The arenas in Buffalo and Hamilton want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

8. I think Buffalo should have half priced chicken tenders to help eat the competition. I'm not sure exactly what a steelhawk is but hawk is a bird and chicken is a bird; therefore, by undeniable evidence, a steelhawk might be a chicken. Which means, eating the chicken will provide buffalo with the strength to crush Hamilton. On the contrary, Hamilton should have bison burgers available in their concession stands. The Buffalo logo is probably a buffalo but could be a bison, who knows the difference anyways. Bison tastes like a lean cow so to most it will be pretty tasty and if they do like sliders or something, it can be cheap enough for a lot of people to try. Each fan base could also sponsor opposing team's players as the actual meal to try and voodoo them into playing bad. Either way, both arenas should leave quite stuffed and hopefully happy if the dark magic meals actually worked to their favor. (3 TPE)

16. sir (3 TPE)

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

I think for me, my player did way worse than expected when I had reassessed my predictions after the first few games. Early on I had no idea how the Battleborn would play, I figured we'd be a middle of the road team with a bunch of 350 capped TPE players. But early on my player exploded out of the gate being a point per game player for the first 6 or 7 games. I had high hopes that this would continue but those unfortunately did not continue. My line mate Grandmaster Funk instead took most of those points away from my player totally I believe .7 or so points per game as a defenseman. For me I contribute my lack of production to my lack of athleticism. My player's build was focused more so on skill then it was his ability to get around the ice. Funk's build was a bit more built around getting around the ice and less around puck and offensive skills. I see now that the change with my 425 build should allow my player to be more dominant this coming season in the SMJHL.

(195 words)

What if we did a round robin for the playoffs? We take the 12 teams that have qualified for the playoffs and then we put them into 4 groups. The groups could be done multiple ways whether it is a snake draft of who goes into which group (so 1,2,3 and 4 become the top teams in their group) or divsion winners would be given the top spot in their group and then wouldn't have to play a back to back or something.However many games that get played will then determine who the top two teams are and then from the 4 groups you have 8 teams left and based on if you did the groups and seperated east vs west so we could have the 4 teams from the east and the 4 teams from the west play each other or you just have them straight seeded 1-8. But I think a round robin system could be cool or a double round robin system.

(170 words)

I think Buffalo could give out towels and hats at games as a big market ploy. They could name the fans something along the herd and use the same ideaology as football as the crowd would be the 6th skater on the ice. Spinning towels around I am sure messes with sight lines and the ability to focus while you are playing. I think also what works with towels and why they are a good marketing give away is that they are useable afterwards. I think a cool concession idea would be some kind of buffalo horns that could be worn and sold at the gift shop. I think wearing the buffalo horns makes you feel like you're part of the stampeding herd and the horns could be yellow while the cap you wear to keep them on could be green. I think that way you make it something fun for adults and kids to wear and you can sell a bunch of them without having to worry about much.

(171 words)

I think the best team that did not make the finals is the Calgary dragons. The Dragons were the #2 team in terms of points this season as well as well as a goal differential where they scored more than twice their opponents. It could be argued that they had one of the best defense and goalies in the league where other teams only were able to score 85 goals against them all of last season. That means that they let up a little over one goal game. While their offense was not as a strong as some of the other teams in the playoffs, you know what they say, "Offense wins games but defense wins championships."

(117 words)

I think Hamilton, while being a boring city in terms of things to do would be a great city to have a SHL bubble. I picked Hamilton because I believe that the Canadian government has a much better handle on things then the American government does in terms Covid protocols. I also picked it because Toronto and Calgary both had the NHL playoff bubbles and so I believe a knew city deserved hockey playoffs and the financial gain from having a professional hockey organization bring its business to them. I believe hockey players are definitely more creative in entertaining themselves then basketball players. I believe that they would have set up a roller hockey rink where players could bring roller blades to mess around with players from other teams as the SHL is a much more close knit group the NHL. I also believe that teams would have had trick shot competitions trying to hit small objects with pucks like plastic cups as most things would be disposable in the bubble. I believe the roller hockey would have been great publicity

(181 words)

I am definitely going to take the S47 WKP cup over CGY as the most memorable in the last 10 seasons. I definitely am taking a bit of a bias for this being a home grown player and having been involved with BAP since S20. However looking at these playoffs for the platoon in general, these were a set of dominance that is not often seen in the SHL at any level. Those playoffs the Platoon went 12-2-1. They only dropped three games all playoffs and only two of them were in regulation. What else was nasty about that team was a 92% penalty kill percentage. In a more offensive league recently with multiple players scoring 60+ points, seeing a team so dominant against the man advantage is definitely something to behold. I also think when you look at the roster how many HOF or borderline HOF players they had on that roster is quite wild. Some of the biggest names on that roster were Alex Light, LKS, Sophia Bennet, Rex Kirby, Biscuit, Nat Emerson (who when he retires I think should be looked at for the HoF as one of the best defensive defenseman ever) as well as others who I was not as active then to know. I think pure dominance can be generation defining and something that is not seen as much as series tend to go deeper than they used to. (and without STHS there is no weird underdog factor that comes up either).

((250 words)

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]