Create Account

Bouncing Burke Presser
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 06:36 PM by Kyamprac.)

Ready for grading 

Hello everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I am the user behind the player Sarah Burke, who has just been traded for the second time this season (see: TOR/WPG trade here)

This is my first experience in the SHL and it has been a wild ride so far. I have been making my rounds and been a part of four teams now (STL, VAN, HAM, TOR) not including Winnipeg.. so I thought it might be a fun time to do a presser.

Feel free to ask me anything about the trades, my experience with these teams so far, or just anything really about me as a user or my player.

11-04-2020, 02:26 PMDextaria Wrote: Hi Kya! Sad to see you leave Toronto, but what would you say has been the best part about each team that you've been on so far? Also, best of luck in Winnipeg!

Hey Dex, thanks for the question. The first team that picked me up when I joined the league was the St. Louis Scarecrows. Everything was still pretty fresh, so admittedly I didn't interact as much as I could have with the team. However, I can say that everyone there was really helpful and overall very friendly. I suppose the best part of St. Louis that stands out in my mind was rum_ham making me, and all of the other newbies who got picked up at that time, a pretty sweet sig within a day or two of me joining. Think that guy is really a huge part of that locker room and will contribute a lot to their success going forward.

Next I joined the Vancouver Whalers, where I've really spent most of my time in the league now. I guess that's probably the best part - they haven't traded me yet Smile In all seriousness though, you know as well as I that there is a really great group of guys in there who know how to have a lot of fun, especially as we navigate our way through playoffs. One of my favorite parts is the goalie dynamic we have going on with Redacted and Arkz (the second of which is clearly superior, by the way), and most recently I've enjoyed the fact that my husband joined the team.. although he's still getting a feel for things and a little quiet so far. I'm also a big fan of our goal horn and the trumpets that sound off in the locker room.

My first experience with teams in the big league came when I was drafted to the Hamilton Steelhawks. I spent probably just under two days on the team before being traded for jss, but it was an adventure packed experience. When I first arrived, nour gave me a fun little tour of the channels in their locker room... which probably stands out as the best part about my short time there because everyone was really welcoming and made the whole post-draft experience really fun. I was also exposed to a few strangely memorable things, like the "rats" in the gaming room and a barrage of gifs that involved walking turkeys and gifs of big dudes eating meat... In retrospect I don't think Hamilton really had any intentions of keeping me around which was a bit of a shame, but in the end it probably worked out good in terms of fit for everyone.

So, I made my way over to Toronto where I joined the "old farts" crew and had a bit of fun with the other rookies. I think the best part about their locker room is that it's mostly chill and doesn't really have a whole lot of drama, at least not in the time I spent in there. Thought it was also pretty cool that management discussions were open to the team, and GMs were really helpful in terms of build advice and that kind of thing. A bunch of the guys on the team also voted for my paint tournament drawing which was super nice of them. Think I was kind of starting to get settled in but.. as you know.. just a few short days after I extended my contract, I was included in that mega-trade to Winnipeg for Barron.

Finally, I've landed in Winnipeg. I haven't had a ton of time to get to know the team yet, but I know with certainty already that the best part of being on that team is getting a chance to play with enigmatic again, who played with me for the Dallas Birddogs in the ISFL. Also, there's a lot of fellow Alberta folks in there with a good sense of humor, so that's awesome.

tl;dr, all of the teams I've been involved with have been great so far.

11-04-2020, 02:35 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: Do you plan to sleep in your car now? Is van life a possibility? Are you preparing for more trades?

What is your take on the Vancouver/Carolina series getting started tomorrow?

Who are you most excited to play with in Winnipeg? Who are you most sad you won't get to play with in Toronto?

I don't currently have any plans to sleep in my car, which is a good thing because I'm pretty sure I would freeze to death or get eaten by a polar bear somehow doing that in Winnipeg over the winter season. My plan (although she doesn't know it yet) is to crash on enigmatic's couch and see how things play out with the team and wait to see if maybe I'll get traded again before finding my own digs. Also, Van life is already a thing - I mean I play for the Whalers, don't I?  Whalers

As for the upcoming Vancouver/Carolina series, I'm just pumped to get out on the ice and show them what we can do. I try to never underestimate my opponent and have a lot of respect for those guys, but I think the Whalers are going to kill it out there and look forward to an exciting set of games. If the season standings are any indication, I think we'll come out on top.

Regarding your final question, if I haven't already made it obvious, I'm really stoked to play with enig again. I'm a little sad I won't get to play with any of the Toronto guys - Squally, Blitz, Dex and honks are just a few examples of guys I would have been pumped to play with. Another time, maybe.

11-04-2020, 02:40 PMzaynzk Wrote: What’s it like getting traded twice in a season?

How long do you think u will be in Winnipeg before the trade you?

Do you plan on speed running all the teams?

Not gonna lie, kind of shocking to get traded twice in a season. I don't know if this is typical of the SHL, but I really didn't expect either trade when they happened and each time was also just presented to me in probably the bluntest way possible (which isn't a bad thing, just added a bit to the surprise). Usually when I join a team I'm in it for the long-haul, so this has been a weird but also interesting experience. In my early scouting conversations I told people I wanted to get to know the community more, so I guess this has given me a good opportunity to do that.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get to chill with Winnipeg for the duration of my contract, but I'm not holding my breath or getting too comfortable just yet.

As far as speed running all the teams goes... we've already joked about that in Winnipeg a bit and the completionist in me is so tempted. If I'm moving twice a season it's totally achievable, so we'll see! Rolleyes

11-04-2020, 03:25 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: What is your favorite owl gif?

Who has the best dog/cat in Toronto? Are there any contenders for best pet in Winnipeg?

Tea or coffee? How do you make it?

I don't honestly know if I can name a favorite gif - I love them all, with a slight preference for snowy owls. The same generally just goes for your question about pets - I love animals so I'm excited to see pictures of all of them. If I had to pick a "best dog" though, it would have to be my own Murphy, because he's the best boy and I would never tell him otherwise. If I'm not allowed to pick him for this question.. I'd have to pick Daisy for Toronto. Don't think I've seen any of Winnipeg's yet!

As for tea or coffee, I drink both. I need coffee to survive the work day and usually drink it black.. but sometimes like it with a dash of vanilla cream. Tea is kind of my relaxing night-time drink - I like my earl grey.

11-04-2020, 04:08 PMhotdog Wrote: which part of your personality do you think most contributes to your clear status as a locker room cancer?

I haven't pinpointed this yet, but I'll let you know if and when I find out. Guys like Steg tell me that I'm too wholesome, so maybe it's that. Or maybe not wholesome enough? Or maybe I just say dumb boring old people things sometimes, I don't know man. Clearly toxic af sometimes though, right?

11-04-2020, 04:51 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: e

e. eeeee e. ee e e eee.

11-04-2020, 05:18 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: have you reconsidered your thoughts on the turkey leg gif?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=17148389]

Nope, it still makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I will always associate that gif with Hamilton so uh. I guess that team is just uncomfortable in my head now. Thank you for that I guess?
After sharing it with some friends the walking turkey emoji has become a joke in my DSFL locker room now, so I guess I've warmed up to that one a little bit? Definitely good for some laughs.

That seems to be it for questions - thank you to everyone who took the time to ask some! I think I'll wrap this one up for now. If you've got anything else for me, feel free to message me anytime.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Hi Kya! Sad to see you leave Toronto, but what would you say has been the best part about each team that you've been on so far? Also, best of luck in Winnipeg!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Do you plan to sleep in your car now? Is van life a possibility? Are you preparing for more trades?

What is your take on the Vancouver/Carolina series getting started tomorrow?

Who are you most excited to play with in Winnipeg? Who are you most sad you won't get to play with in Toronto?

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

What’s it like getting traded twice in a season?

How long do you think u will be in Winnipeg before the trade you?

Do you plan on speed running all the teams?

What is your favorite owl gif?

Who has the best dog/cat in Toronto? Are there any contenders for best pet in Winnipeg?

Tea or coffee? How do you make it?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

which part of your personality do you think most contributes to your clear status as a locker room cancer?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

e

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

have you reconsidered your thoughts on the turkey leg gif?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=17148389]

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]