Create Account

S56 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 12:20 PM by Dude.)

Task 8 +3 TPE
Rude Sniff performed very well in my opinion in this, his first season. I hoped he would have had a little bit more of an impact, but he did still have a solid rookie campaign. Playing out of position as a winger instead of a defenseman, Rude notched ten points, seven of them goals. He ended his season with a solid plus two differential and managed to stay out of the penalty box save for two times over the whole season. To improve next season, he will need to continue working on his defensive abilities. Now that he will have the opportunity to be an impact player on the defense corps, he should have every chance to show what he improves. His offensive ability will need a boost as well and hopefully he will notch some more goals to beat this season's total. If he does well, he could win the most improved player award.

Code:
155 words

Task 10 +3 TPE
The Nevada Battle Born have a bright future ahead of them. After an already stellar season, we only lost one player to a call up from the second pairing of defenseman. This means that Rude Sniff will slot in on defense as a highly improved player. Add in the fact that every one of their draft picks from season 56 hit and have excelled in all aspects and will be similarly improving immensely, we will be a much stronger team than we were at the top of our conference. While the loss of Danger is a heavy one, one that won't easily be filled by one second season defenseman, the Battle Born should remain at the least contenders as they were this season. If they do well in the draft again, and there's no reason to believe they won't, the bottom ranks of the team should be swarming with excellent depth to compliment the obscene top power.

Code:
157 words

Task 11 +3 TPE
The Battle Born flunked out of the second round. They played no other round (first round bye) so it was a heavy loss. Rude Sniff blamed himself personally doing little to nothing in the post season. This off season, Rude Sniff aims to improve defensively. He has been working on having an active stick, putting himself positionally in the right places to shut down offense, and continues to improve his already strong skating ability. He is stronger and smarter than he was at the beginning of his first season and also aims to be able to contribute offensively. He has worked on his shot, and leaning on his excellent puck handling ability, should be a great break out skater and if he works on his passing, a great break out passer. It's hard to see him not being an important impact player in the upcoming season and if he can just improve his point totals without letting his other stats slip, it will be a win for him.

Code:
168 words

Task 12 +3 TPE
Rude Sniff is a dynamic player. Notching 10 points in his first campaign, he can be seen to be a great goal scoring defenseman with 7 goals. He skates exceedingly well and handles the puck even better. He is no slouch in his own end as he boasts a respectable plus two goal differential on the season as a fourth line forward. That said, he did spend the season playing out of position. This could have all kinds of implications that drafting suitors should be wary of as it may indicate that he can't be trusted fully as a defensive player. This journalist does not feel that this should be an issue, however, as Rude Sniff has all the tools he needs to shut down any and all plays making their way into his zone. Falling all the way to the second round in his SMJHL draft, Sniff could very easily see himself in the first round in this upcoming SHL draft.

Code:
162 Words

Task 13 +4 TPE

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

Vaseline Podcalzone is the best name for the Newfoundland Berserkers. It is the perfect play on real life Canucks prospect Vasily Podkolzin. Vasily should consider changing his name and also joining the SHL. On the Whalers, KnockedOut ByOvechkin is Vancouver's best name. Seeing as Ovi isn't the freight train he used to be, it makes me laugh to think of him knocking anyone out.

Code:
64 words

B. This season, Vancouver has some of the best offensive depth we will ever see a juniors team have, but Newfoundland have gotten very strong performances out of their defense and goalie these playoffs. Can the Berserkers contain the sheer offensive firepower of the Whalers?

Newfoundland's defensive corps is excellent... in the top two pairings. While they have strong defensive ability amongst those four player, their ability to defend completely drops off on that bottom pairing. Yes, these two players are rookies and can't be expected to be huge players, but playing them for 15 minutes per night is only going to spell disaster for the Berserkers against Vancouver's high end offense.

Code:
67 words

C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Anchorage are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?

Carolina did well in their first round. They scored plenty, but let a lot in. They just managed to out score their opponent. When they came up against Vancouver... Well that strategy just doesn't work against such stacked offense. Maybe they scored more, or maybe they shut Vancouver down better. As for Anchorage, they would have scored more. Newfoundland just narrowly out defensed their opponent.

Code:
65 words

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Vancouver's obvious top contributor is their star center Daniil Nikiforov. Scoring 54 points in 50 games he led the league in points and found himself as well in the top 10 for faceoff percentage at 61.7%. Newfoundland's best player was their own star center Mats Marner. While he led the Berserkers in points at 41 in 50 games, he clearly doesn't match up to Daniil.

Code:
65 words

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 10:50 AM by Mr. Finland.)

Task #3 - 2 TPE

- WRITTEN: 100+ words.

Cale Amundsen vs. Name Redacted at Finals of Four Star Cup!

Cale Amundsen represent Newfoundland Berserkers and played 17 games, 10 wins with 93,5% and 2.27 GAA per game. General Rating was huge 81! He was definitely the key part of Berserkers team at whole Cup run. Unfortunately it doesn't lead to Cup win, but at least personally Amundsen did everything what he can to make possible that Berserkers win.

Name Redacted representVancouver Whalers and played 16 games, 11 wins with 90,9% and 2.31 GAA per game. General Rating was 70. Not as good stats than Amundsen had, but it's good enough, since his team won the Four Star Cup. In my honest opinion Cale Amundsen won this comparison with those two goalies.

(123 words)

Task #7 - 2 TPE
Requirements: 100+ words.

I don't like this format. It makes regular season less excited. I would like the system where the lowest team from each conference could miss the playoffs at all. (Even this will means that Detroit should miss this season playoffs at all.) It will make more pressure to get successful regular season and give more prize to it. I think that would also make every teams better and there will be more tension between rival match and that kind of important matches inside divisions and conferences. I think that one of the lowest team from every conference should miss the playoffs all and it would make regular season feels more important than now it is.

(115 words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE
Requirements: 150+ words.

It was interesting SMJHL rookie season for sure. Of course I thought that I will make more points and help my team Detroit Falcons to get more successful season, but also I understood that our team core is very young and we need time to develop better in every aspect. I think that I didn't meet my expectations at my rookie season at all and for next season I need to improve my general playing every possible ways to make Detroit Falcons success. I will take every possible TPE's and make my player better every week until it's finally capped player and it's impossible to make it better SMJHL. So, to next season my target is reach 425 cap and make my player as good as possible and help my team as much as I can and I think that my team will be more powerful at next season for sure!

(151 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE

No one doesn't expect how good fight we made at playoffs. Unfortunately it didn't give any prize to us and we said goodbye after first series against Anchorage Armada. Here in Detroit we're very excited about upcoming season because we have young, well development core and we have a lot of good potential in our team. We have also one of the most earliest pick to the upcoming SMJHL draft, so there is coming one of the most potential and quality player of all draftable players. It will also make our team more powerful for sure. I think that Detroit Falcons will have tighter matchups against every team and I wait that we can crush Scarecrows especially. One big question mark is our Goalie situation since we will lose Thor Odinsson to SHL. Where we can find good enough goalie to continue and help our team to get more wins than this season? It's definitely interesting to see.

(158 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE

Well. Anton will spend offseason at Detroit with his team members after he come back from the WJC, which was also big disapointment to him. He will for sure spend his time at gym and also make sure that he is ready for upcoming season. Of course he will also spend time with his friends to playing some great games and taste few some good beers of course. I'm pretty sure that he would also try to catch up some beautiful womens, example Elizabeth Doyle, from Buffalo. He's also very excited about upcoming SHL draft and he is little bit worried about which team would pick him. He could be big rob or he could go very early at the draft. However he will make sure that he is as good shape as he can when next season start and it's time to play hockey again! See you at next season mates!

(152 words)

Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE
Suomi Finland Perkele

2+2+3+3+3+3 = 16 TPE

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 05:33 PM by Corbuto.)

So, Now that the season is over, The staff committee here at the Anaheim's Outlaws has decided to put me in tact of making the item. So first off, The item is gonna be a banner, With our logo, And our 3 Top Players on it, As Well as 3 players as the fans choice to sign it. This banner will be a cool design, for our hockey fans to hang up in the bedroom, bathroom, etc. Our team is also planning on doing a full bedroom remake, basically turn it into a full on Anaheim fan room, for one lucky winner. You are the winner? I don't know. I forgot, You dont win anything. The top 3 players on this design, Will be John Donair, Thomas Rose and Ryu Jones. These players are both very good and managed to get at least 10 goals this season! I really think these fans will like it alot. Well, Speaking of the banner, the banner will have the red design, and our logo   Outlaws . On the back, it will say the players names, and on the front, the signatures will be in black sharpie! Or pen, Whatever the fans prefer. We will be giving away 100 of these, So hurry up and get yours by coming down to the arena on Saturday from Nine to 2. Well. That's all there is too, hopefully you guys that suck out there find dubs for once, And im out.... 

Hey! today we are gonna be comparing the matchup between the Calgary Dragons and the Baltimore Platoon. This game was a huge 7-1 Win for the Calgary Dragons. The Calgary Dragons have a pretty good roster, most of them are 1.5K TPE Or Smaller though. We will be comparing the two players, Esa Parmborg against Ethan Duncan. The Baltimore Platoon doesnt have as good as a roster, as they only have about 1 or 2 players that have reached at least 1.3 TPE. But we will be Comparing Esa Parmborg Against Ethan Duncan. Esa Parmborg has 61 PTS in 50 Games, That is like so far the best I have seen. Esa has 23 Goals, 38 apples, and a plus and minus of plus 46. Esa Parmborg looks really good, But Ethan doesnt look to good, So I think that is part of the reason that they have lost that game! Ethan has only 17 Points in 50 Games! Ethan has 9 Goals and 8 apples and a plus and minus of minus 31. This can lead and prove that Calgary's entire roster is probably a bit better than Baltimore.

Well well well. Steve Tkachuk down at the charity again because of his awesome fans. Steve, Is in Sweden, Doing a charity event for his awesome Swedish fans at the WJC! This charity event is being held at the Daniel Berlin, very good food. This event is here to raise money, for charity obviously, it will be going to the poor males and females that are in need. These people that need this money man, they need it, Were trying to raise a goal of 25 Thousand dollars at Minimum. Earlier today, Steve stated that if he didn't reach his goal, he would pour 2 full gallons of milk on his head, as well as smash 5 eggs on his head, and people that donate over 100 Dollars, are the ones that do it to him, only if they dont reach 25k though. People that donate over 500 dollars, get to do it no matter what. This event is scheduled to start, Saturday. There will also be live music at the charity, so you should come and donate and grab a bite. in 2 hours, We will all stand silent for our soldiers. The charity will also give to the poor familys that have been tarred apart because of the wars. The Charity will yes start Saturday and end in 7 days, so hopefully that gives some time. Well, Thats all I have for you, Have a great day, And Peace.

My dream team. Today, I will be discussing my dream team from the Whalers and Berserkers! So my dream team will have 3 Forwards, 2 Defensemen and 1 Goalie. So, For my goalie, I would want Jon St. Ark, I want him because, He is an amazing goalie, the most important attributes are high, and other none important attributes are also up too! I want him because his stats, 24 Games played, with a .930 SAVE PERCENTAGE, Insane, I Know Right?!?! Now, My LD will be Sarah Burke Because She/He has 50 Games Played with 16 Points! They have 130 TPE Available, And got all the important attributes to 13. My RD Would Be Elias Kierkegaard, I want him because he has 700 TPE Earner and has 21 PTS in 50 Games Played, And he will do anything in his power to get those assists, and to help his team. My Center, Will be Mats Marner, It will be Mats Marner because he has 50 Games Played, With 17 Goals and 24 Apples. Marner has all his attributes at where I like, so thats another reason why I want him. My Right Wing Willl be Liam Slate because he is pretty active, and has 700 TPE. My Left Wing would be Valtterri Kauppinen because he likes to get those assists, and he grinds.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

Quote:Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Farley Hank on his own account has far exceeded his own expectations for himself across the season. Hank truly could've never honestly expected the impact he would have on his teams performance, slotting in on the third defense pair for the Outlaws, it was a given that Hank wouldn't be seeing some of the high minutes his teammates did. And that held true pretty true throughout the entire season, with Hank averaging around 14 minutes of even-handed time mixed with an average of just under 2 short-handed minutes. Regardless, Hank made sure to utilize every minute he got on the ice, playing an extremely offensive role on the team meant Hank's season was full of highlights and blunders. Acknowledging the blunders first, Hank gaveaway the puck 42 times throughout the entire season, enough to be the 2nd worst on his team, and especially embarrassing considering he was on the ice an average of 10 minutes less then LeBlond who led the team in giveaways. This stat pretty effectively explains why Hank's OGR suffered throughout the season, ending the season with an average of just 46. Though his positives ended up far outweighing his negatives, shown from his +7 +/- which was once at it's highest +14. Also proven by his average DGR of 59 and his 17 total points he earned throughout the season, with 6 them coming from goals created by himself. A metric Hank ranked 12th in out of all rookies, and 4th in for just defenders.

Task #11 - 3 TPE

Quote:Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Farley Hank has been spending his offseason nostly relaxing and preparing for the upcoming SHL draft. After the Anaheim Outlaws were eliminated in the playoffs and some late season festivities had concluded, Hank was able to catch a flight back to his hometown Prague with only minimal detours in New York and Frankfurt. Hank was overjoyed to get the opportunity to chat again with his family in person after such a long time away. But now as the SHL draft slowly approached and the offseason training with it, Hank knew he would need to make the flight back soon enough. On the bright side though, the approach of the SHL draft meant calls were beginning to come in from scouts across the league. It also meant Hank would be seeing the next franchise he would eventually be playing on once he progressed into the SHL, something that was undeniably exciting for the young rookie. And though the rookie had come to love Anaheim, getting the chance to play in the SHL had been a dream of Hank's forever.

Task #13 - 4 TPE

Quote:Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. This season, Vancouver has some of the best offensive depth we will ever see a juniors team have, but Newfoundland have gotten very strong performances out of their defense and goalie these playoffs. Can the Berserkers contain the sheer offensive firepower of the Whalers?
C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Anchorage are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A.
The question of the best name currently still left in the playoffs is certainly a very tough question, though I believe there is a very clear answer, Tinke Jutila. The 4 year veteran in the SMJHL is without a doubt a monster on the ice, though I believe his name takes the spot as the best in the series due to it's high simplicity and originality, also Nordic names are pretty cool.
B.
While this is somewhat cheating as the series at this point has already progressed to 2-2, this reflects my early predictions of the series in general, and in my playoffs predictions. I had expected that the Beserker's defense wouldn't be able to match up against the high powered Vancouver offense and in doing so, the need to rely on their offense to keep the games close. And this was shown during the Berserker's two wins in which they won both games by scoring a combined 8 points.
C. 
In this alternate reality in which both Carolina and Anchorage won their semifinals games, it's actually fairly simple to imagine how Anchorage could've won their series. Coming in as the underdog, Anchorage was the only team that didn't begin with a bye to still remain in the semifinals, all it took for the Armada upset was Anchorage sticking towards their original plan, making the most of their opportunities. For Carolina it's a bit of a different story, in this case Carolina was able to purely hold their leads in some key games in the series. I with that Carolina was able to upset the Whalers.
D.
The key player in the success of the Vancouver Whalers has been the rookie goalie Jon St. Ark. The rookie has been absolutely lights out throughout the regular season, allowing just 38 goals in his 24 starts for an average of just 1.62 per game. His save percentage was also a ridiculous 0.930% and the rookie ended the season with an average game rating of 73. Another pretty crazy stat is that in the 24 games he played, he only received 4 losses.

Task #16 - 3 TPE

Quote:Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Verification word: Latin

ISFL Affiliate PT - 3 TPE

Quote:You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total

ISFL Affiliate PT
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 10:45 PM by Jedi.)

Task #2
----------
Starting Game 3 of the SMJHL Finals, the Newfoundland Berserkers organizations will be giving away a commemorative stuffed Goose. The Goose, a cult icon of the team and de facto secondary mascot of the team, with be nickel plated and include laser etched inscriptions of each team member's signature. The goose is a one to one in scale, featuring nickel plating and rubies inlaid in the eyes as well as a point two percent platinum impurity. No expense was spared in the designing and production of this item which weights a hefty 11 pounds. Everyone who arrives at the Stadium for Game three of the SMJHL finals will receive a goose
-----------
Task #3
-----------
Two Titanic teams, backed by two absolute stallions in the most important position in hockey. The Teams? Naturally, it's the Whalers and Zerkers. The players? Who else but the towel holding, bench warming, Gatorade consuming BEASTS Jon St. Ark and Hugo Gronroos. But what goes into being a stellar chair champion? First, we begin with the first most obvious trait; sitting. The key to being a super sitter is posture with a capital P and it is in this publication's findings that Jon St. Ark sits with a staggering seventy five degree hunchback. Often seen with his hands on his knees, St. Ark does not inspire confidence around our offices. Gronroos, on the other hand, sits with a posture so perfect, so rigid, it could only compare to my father's overhand slap and stiff religious doctrine. Eyes ever forward, never losing sight of the mission and towel in hand, Gronroos gets our A+ grade in posture.

Our second grade comes in the hydration department. These two hydro homies are never far from a bottle of electrolytes, after all it is what plants crave. Yes, these sideline rooted, thick and trunky oaks suck down gatorade and water like you wouldn't believe, but who does it best? Our most recent observations had Jon St. Ark downing a gallon of water and a nice tasty liter of Gatorade FROST GLACIER FREEZE™ in game three alone. St. Ark's totals for the series were 10 gallons of pure hydration down the hatch. Gronroos clocked in at 11 gallons total, but drank more of Gatorade's LIMON PEPINO™ than St. Ark did in Gatorade FROST GLACIER FREEZE™. While we find Hugo's choice in flavor objectionable, we cannot deny the cold hard science at play. It is in our determination that Hugo Gronroos is the superior benchwarmer.

EDITOR'S CORRECTION: New facts have emerged since the publication of this article, and it has been confirmed that Hugo Gronroos ingested five gallons of water via IV drip. As we consider this an egregious breach of the Back-up Goalie's code of ethics, we hereby disqualify Gronroos as Benchwarmer Weekly's Junior Chair Champion, and award it instead to Jon St. Ark. This publication stands for fair competition between plugs, and this is not who we are. We apologize.
------------
Task #4
------------
This week is Championship week in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, but while most are focused on the ice and the plays that will be occurring on its surface, some have their efforts elsewhere. Hugo Gronroos, Finland's latest export in seat heating technology, has been giving back to the local community. Notably visiting a hospital ward for people paralyzed from the waist down. Gronroos, Newfoundland's rookie space occupier, has taken it upon himself to visit those less fortunate during the brightest moment in his career in order to maybe share some of that light with others.

"Y'know, I see these guys and it really gets to me. I'm there every day, sitting and getting paid millions and they're here sitting getting paid nothin'. I really relate to their struggle, it resonates with me. Some day I'll be standing and I hope they'll all be there standing with me" Gronroos said.

What a wonderful young man.

-----------
Task #8
------------
My expectations for my performance in my rookie season were tempered before entering. I knew what my role was going to be and I was okay with that. Back up goalie is still an important role on the squad and I gave everything I had into doing that as well as I possibly could. Whether it was going over tape with the starter or playing as well as I possibly could for the red team in practice. Games are won there, in all reality, so me being able to give the best performance I can in that environment can, and possibly did, lead to our sustained excellence on the ice this season. I'm looking forward to a much larger role in the season to come, hopefully I'll be ready for responsibility bestowed and wear Cale's pads well. They're a lot bigger than they look, which says something because from the outside they look pretty big.

-----------
Task #9
------------
A human, and therefore a viking, is a far more versatile creature in combat that any whale. Sufficiently trained at sea, and in the water, a viking could very easily take down even an aggressive whale in a one on one combat scenario. Smaller, smarter, and far more dexterous, it would be a simple task for a viking to eliminate a whale. However, one does have to consider equipment variables. Where does the fight take place? If at sea, do the vikings come equipped with a few ships? How large are the whales? Orcas, smart though they are, are smaller and potentially less destructive depending on the construction of the ship. This could allow the vikings to withstand any early blows and easily dispatch the pack of whales. I think, all things considered, the access to technology is too much for the whales to overcome, aggression or not.
-------------
Task #10
-------------
Newfoundland has a lot to look forward to. Lots of key players and new contributors alike are making their return to the ice for the Berserkers, pretty much the whole captaincy included. The skating core of Newfoundland is a twice championship appearing and once championship winning squad, and it's only getting stronger. The question marks arise with the departure of starting goalie Cale Amundssen and his replacement, first year back up, Hugo Gronroos. It's no secret that Amundssen straight up won the Zerkers more than a handful of games and it remains to be seen if Gronroos is going to have the same streak of shutdown reliability that has been so prevalent in Newfoundland's tear through the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. If Hugo Gronroos can step up in his first starting season and lock down the net, then it's only going to be more of the same from the Newfie squad.
-------------
Task #11
-------------
I've gone back home to Finland for the offseason. My SHL future is shrouded in mystery for me. I don't know who would value a still green goaltending prospect, much less where they would value me. I know there's places I'd like to go, but beyond that, everything's kind of blurry. So, I think it's best I just didn't think about that. Quite frankly, I don't think where I end up even matters in the long run. It's going to be a few season before I'm even useful to a team at that level so wherever I go may just be an incubation team, some place I go to grow but never necessarily play for. I think it's a real possibility I never end up playing for the team that picks me, and that's probably something they, too have considered. Which probably drops my stock even further, so who knows at this point. For now, I'll just relax at home in Helsinki with my family and whatever happens, happens.
-------------
Task #12
-------------
Hugo Gronroos is a tall, big bodied goalie from Finland, currently playing as a back up for the Newfoundland Berserkers of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. His large frame covers the goal well and helps make up for his below average reflexes. He uses his frame well to cover his weaknesses and punctuate his positioning. Frequently comes off the line at aggressive angle to stop attacking plays in their tracks, but can sometimes suffer for this. A project goaltender for sure. He's got the instincts, and his aggression could be a valuable asset rather than quirky detriment if cultivated properly and tempered. He needs to know when to use his aggression and when not to. If not handled correctly could severely ruin his growth, but the upside is tremendous if done properly. Seems to get into his own head at times, from interviews with coaching staff. Expects perfection from himself, he is his own harshest critic.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Task #2 - 2 TPE (2/16)

One of the teams that challenged the Quebec Citadelles the most this season was the Colorado Raptors. Therefore, at the final home game the Citadelles played against them, they offered a limited edition photograph set showcasing some of the highlights from their regular season games. In all, it compromised or four separate photos: one, showing the goaltender match-up with comparative stats, while the others each displayed various goals and breakaways. Alongside the set, which was framed and arranged such to be displayed all at once, is a little thank-you note which has signatures from most of the team, as well as from the head coach and the general managers.

Due to the pricey nature of such a framed gift, only a limited number of fans received them: about one thousand were handed out in all, with priority going to season ticket holders.

Task #3 - 2 TPE (4/16)

The Quebec Citadelles are on the ropes heading into game six, and thus far, goaltending has been decisive. There haven't been many high-scoring games throughout the series, and unless something changes tonight, it seems like goaltending might again decide the contest between the Citadelles and the Colorado Raptors.

The Citadelles' goaltender, Mat Smith, has long since established himself as one of Quebec's main locker room leaders, but beyond that, he has demonstrated some excellent instincts in the net. Throughout the regular season, he put up a .911 save percentage and a 2.90 goals against average. Unfortunately, his win-loss record was less impressive, and the team didn't always play for him -- in the end, he wound up posting a 14-20-3 record, but 5 of those 14 wins were shutouts.

Smith will likely be facing off against Yanno Rosejac, who put up a more competitive 18-17-2 record, along with a goals against average of 2.87. That puts him ahead of Smith, but his save percentage lags behind, at .897. Furthermore, he only had 3 shutouts. At a glance, it appears that these two players fall in a somewhat strange position: Smith is clearly the better performer for the amount of shots he faces, but the Raptors play a more confident, offensive game in-front of Rosejac.

It's an interesting match-up, and it's one that really comes down to the teams themselves: the Raptors show up for Rosejac. They don't always show up for Smith. Smith, it seems, is more likely to be called on to steal a game by himself... and this deep in the playoffs, you don't want to be asking your netminder to do that.

Task #4 - 3 TPE (7/16)

Just before the series against the Colorado Raptors began, Jari Heikkinen participated in a local charity intended to help outfit youth hockey players from poor backgrounds with new equipment, and to help set up local programs for exchanging used equipment for new-used equipment as kids inevitably outgrow their old set. Programs like this exist all across Canada, but funding is always an issue. Because of that, Heikkinen helped run a sort of casual skills competition with some of the local minor teams, with all proceeds from ticket sales and merchandise going to support the charity. In addition, the Quebec Citadelles pledged to match all independent donations offered throughout the run of the event with a doubled donation of their own.

There are certainly more world-ending causes out there, but for Heikkinen, getting more kids on the ice is always going to be a positive. It's easy to forget once you reach the higher levels of play just how expensive hockey equipment really is -- and just how big a barrier that can present to kids who might grow up wanting to play hockey, but whose parents just don't have the spare income to make it happen.

Task #5 - 3 TPE (10/16)

WHALERS/BERSERKERS DREAM TEAM

G - Hugo Gronroos: Gronroos is a young goaltender, but he already has exceptional fundamentals: his positioning is excellent, he holds onto rebounds, and he can recover quickly after he commits. The thing that really puts him over the edge as the selection for this team is that, as a locker room figure, he fits the rest of the team quite well.

RD - Luc Blouin: Maybe not the most established pick, but Blouin is an effective defensive defender at this point in his career, with quite a bit of size. He's what you'd consider a raw talent, but he can play in his own end decently despite his youth, and his offensive game will round out with time. Mainly, Blouin is here for what he can bring in the future more than what he brings now -- but he'll largely play a defensive role to let his partner play deeper.

LD - Gregory Goode: Oops, Blouin's partner is even less experienced than him. Goode is another future star, and between the pair, that would make this little dream-team a force to be reckoned with going forward. As far as why Goode makes sense right now? He's a phenomenal playmaker who can function as a fourth forward while Blouin takes on extra defensive responsibilities.

RW - Liam Slate: With one defensive defender and one playmaking defender, it's time to add some scoring. That's what Liam Slate will provide: he's got a solid wrist-shot, solid instincts, and he's responsible enough with the puck he won't lead to either young defender being exposed.

C - Lassi Suhonen: Suhonen will be the core of this line-up. He's a solid two-way center with excellent puck-handling and passing instincts. His responsible, but effective play will open up the entire line to be a little more creative, and a little more risky.

LW - Jason Desroulaux: This one is easy. Desrouleaux is an experienced player who's quick, handles the puck exceptionally well, and has a fantastic shot. He's the prototype you look for in a scoring winger, and he'll help to round out the other picks with a decisive offensive edge.

Overall, the team offers a balance of future potential and current talent.

Task #8 - 3 TPE (13/16)

Overall, I would say that Heikkinen had a good first season. He was one of the top point producers as far as rookie defencemen go, right up there with a certain more widely hyped player, and that was considering his mid-season transition into more of a two-way/defensive type. The main drawback to his play this year was simply his lack of a more physical edge, either in terms of hitting or blocking shots. He's small, so the hitting game may never develop, but given how often Quebec was being outshot by significant margins, he definitely could have done with sacrificing the body a bit more that way.

Even so, he did meet the expectations I set -- if only because those expectations were very low. He performed well for Quebec and offered both defensive and, at times, offensive support. There are some very obvious points to improve upon, as noted, but all the skills are there to move forward alongside the rest of the team to put in a better second year. Maybe somewhere along the line he'll actually learn to perform on the powerplay, too.

Task #10 - 3 TPE (16/16)

Next season, the Citadelles will be a year older. That much goes without saying. But even more important than that, our competition will be older too. The Citadelles clearly underperformed this season, but with another off-season of development, it seems clear that they right the ship somewhat. Heikkinen, (Igor) Petrov, and Mikael Koskinen will all be demonstrably better, helping the team round out its top lines with more refined talent. Add that to a strong core of Maximov, the other Petrovs, Kevens, Salming, Rieley, Next -- and others -- and you've got a team that looks like it could hold championship gold soon.

There's a strong chance the team will lose Emilia Bergman to the SHL, but if that doesn't happen, the team will be looking positively stacked. Compare that with some of the other teams that were competing this year, who will be losing a greater volume of their key players, and you can see just why opportunity seems so in-reach. That feeling is only added to by the fact that Quebec actually got better over the course of the season: its poor record is at least partially the fault of a slow start, which they slowly overcame as they sorted out their chemistry.

With all those rookies taking a step forward? The cup run might be very real.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 07:33 PM by Sabremike.)

Task 2

This season Michael Scotch was approached by a member of the Anaheim Outlaws PR Team and he was asked if he was interested in designing the fan appreciation day giveaway for the final home game of Anaheim's season which was against Detroit.  Scotch of course took this opportunity in hopes to connect to the fans and so more people in the area would get to see his name out there.  He decided to design a hat which would be given away to the first thousand fans who entered the stadium.  This was a red beanie with the outlaws logo and had a black brim.  Scotch was proud of his design and while many fans liked the look of the hat most people wouldn't get a lot of use in southern California, this blunder was an inside joke throughout the locker room for weeks.

+2TPE

Task 4

While Scotch was off the ice this season he devoted one day a week to making the community around him better.  He volunteered at a soup kitchen every week to help feed the unfortunate citizens in Anaheim that either don't own a home or who do not have a high enough income to reliably eat everyday.  Scotch knows he is insanely lucky to be in SMJHL making more than enough money so giving his time back for those who are less fortunate helps him feel like he is really making a difference in the community.  While this is what Scotch focused on it is not the only charitable act he does off the ice.  Every so often when Scotch realizes he has more than enough money he contributes a substantial portion of his paycheck to the Hockey Fights cancer charity.  Scotch has had plenty friends effected by cancer so every dollar he can send to this charity is worth it in his eyes.

+3TPE

Task 6

If the Anaheim Outlaws faced the St Louis Scarecrows or the Detroit Falcons instead of Kelowna I feel Anaheim would've advanced to the second round of the playoffs.  Regarding St Louis, Anaheim faced them four times throughout the regular season and won three of those encounters and lost the final encounter by one goal.  Anaheim put up great offensive performances against St Louis all year and this would've likely continued into the post season.  This matchup likely would've been more one sided than Anaheim's actual series which was pretty even the whole time.  While Anaheim went 2-2 on the season against Detroit if we faced them in the first round I believe Anaheim would've won in a seven game series instead of losing one to Kelowna.  This is simply because I feel Kelowna was more clutch in these larger games than Detroit in the playoffs which would lead to an even series but one I believe Anaheim would squeak by on.

+3TPE

Task 7

The twelve team playoff format as displayed this year is full of pros and cons.  The biggest pro is that all twelve teams making the playoffs gives all the rookies (such as Michael Scotch) playoff experience right away and everybody can experience.  A second pro is that if a team turns it on at the end of the season they will get a shot at the playoffs and will have a chance at making it deep.  The cons are that most of the time teams 10-12 don't belong in the postseason and it gets rid of the significance of the regular season.  I would be in favor of shrinking the post season to 8 teams but see why it is set at twelve.

+2TPE

Task 8

My first season in the SMJHL didn't go exactly how I expected it but this is ore of a positive than a negative.  When I made my player an offensive defensemen I thought Scotch would dominate the scoresheet but be irresponsible in his own end.  This was the opposite that happened.  Scotch had a positive plus/minus rating but didn't score any goals and had a limited amount of assists.  Since at the start his development was offensively favored and most of his development during the season was spent on defense fixing his offensive lull shouldn't be much of an issue.  Next season Scotch needs to be a better passer, a better shooter, and needs to be more physical.  His lack of physicality did cost Anaheim at times but this gradually improved throughout the season and he needs to continue with it into his second season.  Fixing these issues Scotch is looking at a prosperous second season!

+3 TPE

Task 13

A. The players on both Newfoundland and Vancouver have fantastic names.  Honorable mentions include Dwayne Gretzky, Slimey Snail, and Vaseline Podcazlone.  The best nae by far in my eyes though has to be Knockedout ByOvechkin.  This name is hilarious and I would hate to be on the wrong side of the ice as someone who fought one the greatest hockey players of all time.

C. For the finals to be different this year a lot would've had to of changed.  For Carolina to have won I feel they needed more of Vancouver's players to have been picked up by their SHL teams, Vancouver has the strongest roster by far and I don't feel any team can keep up with them and Carolina exceeded by expectations pushing it to seven.  For Anchorage to win they needed their offensive players to show up more.  Throughout the regular season when I noticed Anchorage won by putting up a lot of points, this wasn't the case here.

D. For Vancouver their player that led them to the finals was Rotticus Scott who led them in points this season.  His leadership and offensive prowess carried Vancouver to where they are.  For Newfoundland I feel Cale Amundsen really led his team further than they could've gone otherwise.  He had some amazing games and stole quite a few for them throughout the season.

+3TPE

16 Total TPE

Task #8- 3 TPE

First season in the books! It was a wild ride for sure. Started out with an unexpected fall in the draft. Really thought I'd be in the first round, ended up in the second. No worries though, Nevada was a great landing spot. Young team, going into their second season in the league. Had a good start to the season, think I had about twelve points in 25 games or so when I was traded to Colorado! Really surprised to get moved, probably not too many rookies get moved half way into their season. Nonetheless, Colorado was a great landing spot. For whatever reason, my point totals dried up and I only had about 6 points as a Raptor in the final 25 games of the year. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though, I know it's a grind to get into a position where you score a lot of points, so I'm just glad to have gotten a chance. Next season, I think I just have to work on improving my overall game. I'll start the season well over 300 TPE which will be huge, and hopefully a few vets make the jump the big leagues and I can move up in the lineup and see some powerplay time!

(221 Words)

Task #9- 2 TPE

Now THIS is a great question. Who would win between a group of Vikings/Whales. Love this kind of nonsense question. I guess the big question is, do the Vikings have access to their ships? Of course, the Vikings were known as being good sailors (at least from my knowledge) and I'm willing to bet they would have had the ability to hunt a whale. On the other hand, maybe we're going really weird and the Whales are some sort of water/land hybrid Whale. I think then, the Whales would have their way. Just too large for the Vikings. They'd definitely take their hits, but I think the Whales would use their tails to just send the Vikings flying all the way the Valhalla.

(125 Words)

Task #10- 3 TPE

So, my Raptors did get eliminated unfortunately. We only got 24 wins this year, but snuck into the playoffs and gave it our best. But I do believe the future is bright in Colorado! Looking at draft picks, this year we have our own first round pick and Nevada's pick as well. Next year, we have our own, Nevada's pick and Anaheim's! That's five first rounders in two seasons. Of course, those need to pan out but as of now that looks really good for us. Looking at our players, we've got a good mix of vets and youth. We've got maybe the best young goalie in the league with Demo who is over 300 TPE already and is a 57, other 57's are myself (271) Saint at 244 and Ruggs at 293. We have a pair of really good 56's and our 55s are some of the best in the league. I think we'll definitely see a more competitive team next year with a chance to contend in the season after.

(172 Words)

Task #11- 3 TPE

This is a big offseason for myself! Working hard to better my player and get ready for the draft. As of now I'm just outside of the top twenty in my class. Pretty happy with that. I know there were a few players who had a head start, and I missed a week of updating, so I'm okay with where I'm at. But this offseason is all about just keeping active and trying to better that position. The draft is coming up (this weekend?) so not much I can do before it, save for this update going in today. Once I get drafted, the offseason focus changes to where my SHL team wants me to be. I guess the main focus at this point, going into year two of my SMJHL career is to just improve. Try and move myself up the lineup and have a bigger impact on Colorado. Also, as a rookie I'm entitled to a free re roll. If my junior team or SHL team needed one type of player more, that would be an option for me. Just looking to help anyway I can.

(188 Words)

Task #12- 3 TPE

The Finnish Flash as some know him, Jarmo Kekalainen is a player who looks to be a high pick in the upcoming S57 SHL draft. Kekalainen started the season on the Nevada Battleborn, and showed a really nice offensive flair. Scoring 12 points in the first half of the season, Jarmo was shaping up to have a really nice rookie season. A mid season deal that sent him to Colorado put a stop to his scoring pace, but there are other parts of Kekalainen's game that scouts can look forward to. The strengths of his game are his passing and overall ability to read the offensive situation. Depending on how things shakeup in Colorado this offseason, Kekalainen could have a big offensive year as he's put into a better situation to use his weapons. He also uses his speed well to put himself in a good positions to make plays. The weaknesses in his game, things that GMs may look down on, would be his defensive game. This is something that he's been improving all season, but it just isn't on the same level as his offensive potential. Needless to say, Kekalainen is a player who is OOZING with potential and it's very likely that a team gets him as a second round pick with first round value.

(218 Words)

Task #2- 2 TPE

This year, to show some love to the fans, the Colorado Raptors are partnering with the makers of the Jurassic Park films, and sending the star actor from the film, Chris Pratt, to one of the upcoming home games! There will be all sorts of goodies for fans. First, in the early afternoon, there will be a chance for kids to come to the rink and participate in many events! fans will be able to come and lineup for a photo op before the game and have a photo taken with the Hollywood star himself! Then, Pratt will perform the puck drop before the game. The first 1000 fans will also go home with a Chris Pratt/Colorado Raptors bobblehead! A fun filled day for the best fans in the J!

(131 Words)

16/16 TPE!

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 11:53 PM by Roamus.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
It may not be one item in particular, but the team actually hired real wood sculptors for the job. During the summer, the 3 wood specialists will take orders to sculpt in the logs of your choice (you can bring you own) The clients will have the choice between some generic hockey team sculpture, a 1 foot wood statuette of the player of their choice. At the end of the summer, 10 sculptures will give given to the best fans within the community. Fans will have the chance to win a 2 foot statuette of their players accompagnied by themselves.each statuettes will be wood signed by the players of their choice
109 words

Task #3 - 2 TPE
We usually see the superstiation where a player wants to be the last player to leave the ice after a warm out, but have you seen one where it's actually the opposite ? As we have seen during the match up between the KEL knights and the Anaheim Outlaws, the two players in Cian McFelter and James Leblond have been disputing which one is going on the ice first. I heard these weirdos even asked the coach to cut the pregame speech so that they can go on the ice even earlier. McFelter didn't seem to wake up early enough to get the advantage, ''but in the end, it doesn't even matter'' as the Knights edged the outlaws in game 7 to pass to the second round.
126 words

Task #8 - 3 TPE
Robert Feltersnatch had a very interesting season to say the least. He was drafted by the Colorado Raptors in the later round to surprise many fans. Feltersnatch seems to have bloomed into a very offensively minded defenseman, capable of great counter attack with even greater speed. He was later traded for some pick during the season to find some friends in the Kelowna knights. However, during his first part of the season, he underperformed considering his offensive play style. It is after being traded that Robert started showing potential (and being given some powerplay time). He definitely improved a lot and plans of keeping it this way. For the next season, Feltersnatch needs to improve his defensive game quite a bit. We have seen how much of a liability he can be in his own zone.
During the playoffs, the defenseman has amassed 5 points in 11 games with a +/- of only -5. Given an average of 57 seconds and 41 of PK with third line minutes, he was very happy with the given role and he plans to take a bigger place next season in the roster.
188 words

Task #10 - 3 TPE
The future is very bright for the organisation of the Kelowna Knights. In fact, they have six S57 rookie that are looking to take a bigger role next season. First, they have the original triplets in Brennan Huff, Vlastislav Malik and Cian McFelter that didn't make alot of sparks this season  due to being their first. Not far behind and another line was Anna Pontecorvo (RW) and Kian Hamilton Jr.© who are looking to make a great start next season with well over 280 TPE. At last, there is Robert Feltersnatch that came over from the Colorado raptors to complete the newly named ''quadruplets''.
So with the youngters knocking at the door and most of the players coming back for next season, the knights will be a great candidate for the coveted 4-star cup!
In addition of many picks, the knights might also be looking to add some extra talent before the deadline next year, who knows
157 words

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Not to be bragging, but I am really proud of my name that I absolutely didn't pick on the internet.. I wish I could explain what is actually funny with the name, but I might be censored on the website. With Robert being a classy name, I felt like it didn't sound too much like a stupid name.

Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 3 TPE

Surprise surprise, the Vancouver Whalers rode their way to the 4-star cup championship. One reason why the mighty Whalers had this perfect run was in fact due to their very good offensive depth like LW Luffy Richard, Wile Coyote, Knockedout byOvechkin, Valtterri Kauppinen (yes, even the kid) and Simon Takshak. all those players recorded less than 14 minutes of playtime and they have made a very significant mark into the team's playoff performance.

One other reason of the team's success is in the net. Not for the reason you think. Althought Jon St.Ark shined during the season, it was Name Redacted's time to show who the real G is. he posted a .909 save percentage with a GAA of 2.31.

The third reason why the team had so much success is due to the great management of the team. through trades and great coaching, the team eased their way to the big shiny cup.

154 words

Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE 

Verification word : peepoo

2+2+3+3+1+3+3 = 17(16 max) TPE

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Task #2- +2 TPE

Opening night for the Knights saw one of the biggest fan events the club has ever seen. Each fan in attendance was given a foam sword with “For Kelowna!” written on each one. The two foot long swords were a big hit with the fans, who used them to hit each other more than anything. Players were seen giving out the swords to fans that came to the game a few hours early, with the healthy scratches and team reps giving out the rest closer to game time. One fan was quoted as saying “I was hoping to get Teddy Park to sign my chest, but getting him to write on my sword was close enough!”
116 Words

Task #4- +3 TPE
Cian McFelter and Robert Feltersnatch spent a weekend this offseason hosting a training camp for under privileged kids in the area. The 3 day camp saw the two players working with the youths in things such as skating, stick handling, and passing drills. The teammates spent a lot of time talking about the importance of working as a team on and off the ice, explaining how building trust with each other makes you stronger as a group. Vlastislav Malik showed up on the final day to work with the kids on shooting drills and spent most of the day telling the kids how McFelter shouldn’t even be their instructor as he doesn’t even know how to pass the puck anymore. As the kids left, the players gave each kid a new set of gloves and a new stick provided by the Kelowna ownership group. There were smiles all around those few days, with many of the kids vowing to be Kelowna fans for the rest of their lives!

168 Words

Task #8- +3 TPE

Cian McFelter performed quite well this season, scoring 8 goals and 17 assists for 25 points in 50 games played. The young center collected 5 of those points on the powerplay, averaging about 1 minute a game with the man advantage. As far as offensive production goes, McFelter was surprised to find the score sheet as often as he did. There was an expectation of points, but not to this effect. There was even some talk of a rookie of the year award, which was very flattering. While putting up the points, however, he posted a whopping -17 with 30 giveaways. It’s safe to say he will be looking to improve his play away from the puck, as well as on it. There is a lot to like from his game, and he looks to only get better from a point production perspective. But he would also like to become a bit more rounded and avoid being a defensive liability for his club.

163 Words

Task #10- +3 TPE
While the Kelowna Knights were disappointed to be swept by the Vancouver Walers in the 2nd round of the playoffs, the future for the club looks very bright. Next season, captain Teddy Park will return for his final season with the team in hopes to lead the squad to another 4 star cup. The youth movement is in full swing, seeing the likes of Brennan Huff, Cian McFelter, Robert Feltersnatch, and Vlastislav Malik, to name a few, showing great progression in becoming the core for this team. Park, McFelter, and Patrick Money all led the team with 25 points this past season and will look to build off of that offensive success next season. Park will be mentoring trade acquisition Feltersnatch to hopefully lead the way on defense when he ultimately gets called up next season, and what a teacher Feltersnatch has!  With 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, the Knights will look to add to that youth movement and place themselves in prime position for the 4 star cup for the next several years.

176 words

Task #11- +3 TPE
With the season coming to an abrupt end at the hands of the Vancouver Whalers, Cian McFelter began his offseason with a sour taste in his mouth. The defeat was not shocking, but the fact that between the playoffs and regular season, the Knights couldn’t defeat the Whalers once this season. Cian knew that there can’t be any time wasted in preparations for his second season. His offseason wouldn’t be spent on a beach, or partying in a totally legitimate COVID free bubble area. No, Cian was going to spend his team training. He got on the first flight out of Kelowna and headed to Tibet to spend 2 weeks with the Tibetan Buddhist monks. There, he absorbed the wisdom and teachings of the monks on inner peace and control. He became more at peace with his soul, his mind, and his body. After that, he flew Siberia to split wood in a cabin in the middle of nowhere and train his body in total silence, cut off from the world for 3 straight weeks. When Teddy Park found the young center on the 3rd week, he barely recognized the young center he met just months before. Said Park, when asked about what he saw in the cabin in the frozen desert “I’m not so sure this kid isn’t some sort of serial killer. But he can score, and that’s what we need in Kelowna!”

Task #16- +3 TPE
Trivia done: Bonk

Did 17 TPE just to make sure in case I got any trivia wrong

[Image: GxHbd5R.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
Thnx @Carpy48 for the sig!

Task #2 - 2 TPE - 113 words

Carolina's celebrating its beloved fans this year by giving away something unique this year! No tacky foam, no bobble head that will mysteriously refuse to bobble one day. No, they'll be handing out stuffed kraken toys to the first 500 people at their final home game this season! This 33 inch plush orange kraken is the perfect thing for those younger Kraken fans at home! Select plushes will come with their very own sweater commemorating a player from the current roster! With future superstars galore, these are items you want to get while you can! Make sure you're one of the first to arrive so you can secure your own piece of history!

Task #4 - 3 TPE - 175 words

Freyja Hellstrom is an active participant in helping her local community. Each week, she takes time to work for a local food shelf, where she helps to prepare and serve food to those who need it. Recently, she volunteered to do a themed dinner for the food shelf, based around her many family recipes. The spread was full of amazing Swedish treats such as potato pancakes with fried pork, a meat and cheese board with knäckebröd, yellow pea soup, and much much more. For dessert, she decided to help make many many beautiful princess cakes for people to enjoy. She enjoyed getting to share her heritage with the people in attendance, and enjoyed being able to brighten the day of those who have fallen on hard times. She put together small recipe books with some simple recipes and assembled boxes with ingredients to make them to be given out as well. After all that she has been blessed with in life, Freyja feels it is important to always give to her fellow man wherever possible.

Task #8 - 3 TPE - 159 words

Freyja Hellstrom had a very impressive rookie season, one that she am certainly quite pleased with. She very much wanted to be able to make an impact for the team that drafted her by being a hardworking cog in the offense machine. From her first hat trick in game 8 to being able to play in the playoffs alongside an amazing team, she's been able to fulfill that goal. She plans to stay to her overall goal to be an asset to her team by maintaining and increasing her production to keep the Kraken on top. On a personal level, I feel that I was not able to meet the personal goal of being able to stay to the top of the list with my earnings. However, I'm going into the new season with a renewed desire to continue to earn at a high level and develop Freyja into the absolute titan of a player she deserves to be.

Task #11 - 3 TPE - 161 words

Freyja is taking this offseason to focus on the things that matter to her outside of hockey. She's flying back to Sweden to be able to spend time with her family and tell them the many tales of her time in the states. She'll be telling her young cousins what a Walmart is really like, and watching them try all sorts of fun American candies. She'll also be bringing some Swedish treats back for her Kraken friends when the off-season ends. Freyja also has some time set aside for fans with various meet and greets planned across Sweden. Of course, the driven Ms. Hellstrom cannot totally abandon hockey for too long, so this off-season she'll be continuing her training alongside many scouting conversations as she works to dazzle teams and secure a top spot in the impending SHL draft. She's appreciate for the many opportunities she's had, and is looking forward to continuing her path to competing at the highest level.

Task #16 - 3 TPE - Beet

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 03:30 PM by Kagomewolf78.)

Task #4 -3 TPE Alright so I donated time and money to the SPCA 50,000 for beds food medical supplies updates to facilities as a few shelters were in need of updates to their outdoor dog runs replacing shade cloths dog houses bringing in fresh gravel for the cannels and updating the grooming room with non slip mats and new trimmers better suited for removing matted fur on pets. I also donated a further 20,000 towards an adopt don't shop adoption event with a massive turn out of 4,000 people we got 15 dogs and cats to new loving homes and we raised a further 20,000 selling shirts pins signing autographs and i even decided to take a turn in the old dunk tank for a fun change it was an amazing event and i'm exited to help organize another one in a few months after some training this season.  

Task#8-3TPE Well ide haft to say this season was a fun start as this is my first time coming into this level of play and it was a big eye opener and a fantastic learning opportunity i've made tons of friends in the locker rooms as well as having a few drinks at the bar with some of the team members man those guys can party hard though a few of the American players have a hard time when the hard stuff comes out rather then watery American beer. I've personally had a great season with a ton of growth training hard in the gym to boost my speed power and agility to knock some heads around. Personally I wish I was able to meet more of my milestones but there's always next year ill also need to work harder on getting more goals and assists if I can help it.

Task #9-2TPE Good question though I think it would depend is it on land in the sea and the type of wales? on land the Berserkers have it due to their mobility however in the ocean wales have the advantage of size power and the ability to hold their breath far longer than any human berserker or not they need air to breath however in vary shallow water it could be an even playing feild. its also really hard to fight things in water due to the resistance the water provides. The size of the wale is a huge factor as well as smaller wales say a Minky would be far easier then something like a sperm wale.

Task #11-3TPE Lets see i think for my off season its back to the farm there's a lot to do to help my family prep for winter as the snow can get really deep on the farm and the gardens need to be packed up for the winter the ground tilled hay spred fall rye planted and manure plowed in so as to make sure there's plenty nutreunce in the soil for next years harvests of cucumbers zucchini fresh herbs strawberries and fantastically jucy tomato's due to all the covid shit going on the meat sales have been fantastic to the point were having to hide meat in our freezers to keep for ourselves easier said then done i know. I've picked up a side business of making custom soaps witch has been a fun adventure like a big chemistry set mixing oils water and lye as the base then adding colours and scents to make it look cool.

[url= [Image: Oy8U8dT.png]][Image: Oy8U8dT.png][/url]

[Image: de5flox-cf4af03e-5f25-488a-b8cc-c8076ec1...KJiJaDKnx0]

PH

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

[Image: HGzfmft.png]

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Whalers and Berserkers (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Berserkers (Vikings) and a pack of hyper-aggressive Whales? Would the brute force of the Vikings win out, or would the sheer size and power of the whales determine the outcome? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.
Requirements: 100+ words.

How is this even a question? You’re telling me that somebody out there thinks that a fight between Vikings and pack of hyper-aggressive whales would be close to the point that somebody would even think there would be a competition? Sure whales are HUGE, but Vikings have weapons numbers. All they have to do is get on their langskips with spears, battle axes, swords, morningstars, bows/arrows..etc and attack! Whale comes to the service to attack the langskip? Bowman take aim on weak points like the eyes, spearman do the same, swordsman/axeman take their weapons to the head area and the Morningstar men take aim everywhere else. The Vikings win this easily.
(111 words)

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Vincent Mietitore has been up to quite a few things this off-season. Vincent has been known as a bit of a foodie in his spare time. While being a foodie and being an athlete usually don’t go hand in hand, Vincent has quite the taste for a variety of good foods (while some of which are on the not recommended list from the teams trainers). Vincent has recently asked fans on social media about some great food spots around Anaheim to explore. His favorite foods? Pizza, burgers, steaks, and tons of different fried things. You should see him whenever the state fairs roll around, he is hitting up every single food vendor trying out their unique fried foods like deep fried oreos, fried twinkies, and more that you probably shouldn’t eat if you want to live past the age of 45. He told me last night he had some great chicken parm at an Italian place walking distance (around 5 minutes) from the arena.
(164 words)

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S57 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
LINK TO TRIVIA FORM

Trivia done, verification word: Reap

10/16 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Task #9 - 2 TPE 

Well I think there would have to be some changes to make this a fair fight. You couldn’t have it on land as the whales wouldn’t be able to do much and the same way if it was in the ocean, the Vikings couldn’t swim about with all their armour and weapons.

So either the Vikings would have to be able to be like mermaids so they could swim but still carry weapons or the whales would have to grow legs so they could move about on land?

Either way though I think the Vikings would win. The fact that they can move about quicker than the whales and that they have weapons? It may not happen right away but I think eventually they would take the whales down and therefore, the Vikings are the winners. 

Task #11 - 3 TPE

First thing Bjorn does with his offseason is go back home to Norway and unwind. Because he’s on Anchorage he doesn’t get a chance to go home to Fredrikstad, Norway during the season. Once he’s home with his family he switches off completely from hockey for a couple of week. This is such a important part of the offseason for Bjorn. For as much as he loves hockey, being able to switch off and focus on other things always helps Bjorn. 

During his first few weeks in Norway Bjorn will focus on his other hobbies like sledding and cross country skiing. Bjorn grew up spending as much time as he could outdoors in the snow covered landscape and he always loves to spend his time alone in the wilderness. His rookie season in the SHL wasn’t the best and probably hasn’t put him on the radar of big league teams but Bjorn will be doing all he can during the offseason to improve and come back better. 

Task #16

Bjorn
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 12:55 AM by ProjectSaint.)

Task 2 – 2 TPE:
TO ALL THE DINO GANG OUT THERE, THIS IS FOR YOU.
Coming out from Game 1 against the Carolina Kraken, come out and meet our Chef Clever memorabilia figurine, lined up with the sharpest of grins and the finest of tastes. Only available for the series against the Kraken, line up Clever as you take to the kitchen to cook up a five-star calamari dish for your family. Chef Clever figurine is sold in the merchandise section of the InGEN Arena in Denver, CO, and is priced at $2 each. We here of the Colorado Raptors thank you for your continued support, as we would be nothing without you all.
(110 words)

Task 3 – 2 TPE:
Dee Centerman IV Whalers vs Niccolo Livius Berserkers - Battle of the Bruisers
Coming into this road to the Four Star Cup, Centerman and Livius have both established themselves as hockey players made for war. Both players lead their forward cores for number of hits, with Centerman at 117 hits and Livius at 116 hits. Only Slimey Snail of VAN tops these two at 150. Centerman will have the advantage of historically getting more ice time this season by an average of 2 minutes. However, Livius will be hoping that experience will play to his advantage and allow him to lay the body more often in the limited time he has.
(111 words)

Task 5 – 3 TPE:
Goalie – Jon St. Ark Whalers
If there ever was a rookie season to show the league who you are, this is it. St. Ark was the best goalie in the league with a 1.62 GAA and a 0.930 SV%. No contest for the starting goalie role.

Left Defenseman – Renji Atake Berserkers
Renji has been defensively astute this season, with a 74 DGR, 54 hits and 77 shots blocked. Talk about a brick wall.

Right Defenseman – Johnny Shuffleboard Whalers
Johnny boy has been Vancouver’s best offensive defenseman, putting up 24 points this season, 9 of them in the power play.

Left Winger – Rotticus Scott Whalers
A power play beast, Scott can attribute 12 of his 39 points to the special teams, showing how relied on he is in the big moments.
Center – Daniil Nikiforov Whalers
The Whalers’ MVP, Nikiforov has been on another level this season, with 54 points, the most in the entire league.
Right Wing – Liam Slate Berserkers
Topping the Beserkers’ points table with 41, Slate has been proving to the league why he is ready to make the step up.
(182 words)

Task 8 – 3 TPE
RESO: Yeah, I know that my first season is supposed to be one where I’m supposed to get my feet wet and learn, but I honestly didn’t feel like I played as well as I could have. I was just inconsistent this season, and it was honestly my theme. One day, I would put in a brilliant game worthy to be the player of the game, the next moment I am finding my ass straight on the ice, not knowing where the hell I was. I was hoping to be considered a top rookie for the draft, but I think that I will be lucky to be drafted in the 1st round. However, whilst I know that my consistency is the main key to improving, I know that I’m capable of playing to a high level not only in the J, but also in the big show. My goal hasn’t changed, I still aim to be a star SHL player, and I know that I’m still capable to being that player.
(171 words)

Task 11 – 3 TPE:
RESO: Yeah, I know I’m somewhat disappointed to have lost to Carolina this playoffs, and I know that Emeka will keep going on about this for the next few months, but that off-season was spent mainly learning how to fly. It has been a prospect that I have been wanting to do for quite some time, and whilst bowing out early sucks quite a bit, I can just turn this into optimism to learn earlier, and therefore train earlier. Got to turn those negatives into positives. So far, its going relatively alright. The practical flying is something I can always enjoy and take to water easily, since I’ve always seen myself as a practical person. However, the theory section is more difficult for me to grasp since I must consider different air regulations for different regions. Sure, I am using FAA rules, but I know that I would love to take my chances in the UK and Europe. Oh well, could be worse.
(163 words)

Task 12 – 3 TPE:
Konrad Blajez: Ren-Ekelemchi Shimizu-Okoli, who I will henceforth refer to RESO whenever I can for the sake of not having my tongue tie itself a knot, is a player of two types. His first type is a physical player who can get himself anywhere on the ice as a defenseman and has the puck handling skills to do so, as demonstrated by his 84 shots on goal. He also has a capability to show up on big games, as proven by his run of form before the end of the season. However, RESO’s other side is one of a snake bitten defenseman who just spent his first season in the SMJHL trying to find his footing. A PDO of 98.1 would help to explain why RESO, despite having 84 SOG, only came up with 5 goals and a shot percentage of 5.95%. RESO will hope that the scouts will see his huge upside and make his way into the 1st round.
(161 words)

16/16 TPE

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle