Create Account

S56 SMJHL Championship Week

Ultimus Week - 3 TPE

Task 2 - 2 TPE
As everyone here in the SMJHL surely already knows, the Quebec City Citadelles have the best branding and best logo. The players know it, the opponents know it, and perhaps most of all, the fans know it! That being said, why not leverage the great logo and colors to give the best fans in the world a reward for supporting us endlessly throughout our season that wasn’t always the most exciting. The Citadelles decided to do this by giving away a beautiful rally towel. It’s a clean white towel with a half inch wide blue border near the outside edges. Then inside of that is a similarly sized red border, with a slight white boundary in between them. Then of course, we had to put our pride and joy, the gorgeous QCC logo right in the middle. It’s a beautiful souvenir for any of the lucky fans that happened to show up to our last home game of the season, which is when the team decided to give away the towel to every fan in attendance.

Task 4 - 3 TPE
Have you ever had one of those days where nothing is going right, not even the thing that you’re best at? Igor Petrov had one of those days, and the timing could not have been much worse than it was. He’s loved the QCC community so much that he decided to have a shooting clinic for some youngsters, just to give back to the community a bit. Kids came out in swathes, which somehow made him nervous, even though he’s used to playing in front of thousands of fans. He just wanted to help the younglings learn and be the best that they could be, but he just could not hit a shot to save his life. And you know kids, they don’t hold back. They laughed and laughed. It wasn’t all bad though. After the “clinic” went so poorly, some parents came up to Igor and told him that their kid loved it, and he really has a way with comedy. So Igor went with it, and now is known as one of the funniest QCC players in recent memory...even if it was an accident.

[Image: petrov.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 05:39 PM by Waters.)

Task 7 (2 tpe)
I think the format isnt ideal. If you're going to abandon the use of conferences, then there has to be reseeding for the semi finals. Obviously its tough given FHM's playoff formats are so limited, but seeing the Kraken forced to play the Whalers in the semis instead of the finals when they probably wouldve managed to win against the Berserkers, or at least wouldve had an easier task, is a little upsetting. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, as the Kraken wouldve most likely had to play the Whalers anyways, but theres no reason for it to be so early outside of actual FHM limitations.

Task 8 (3 tpe)
It was a tough year for Wen Baters, both on a team and individual level. While competing for the rookie of the year award was always the goal, it became clearer and clearer throughout the year that despite a very strong preseason, it wasn't going to happen. Wanting to be a perfectionist, it was pretty hard to deal with and it sort of sapped a little motivation to improve, but there is so much career left to play out, and the awards will come eventually. Therefore, I'd say by my wildest dreams, i failed, but if looking at realistic expectations, there was definitely a lot of positives. In terms of next season, my defensive game has already shown itself to be very strong, so its really an offensive dimension that I need to add. Should I do this successfully, I think I can expect to really put myself in the spotlight next season.

Task 13 (4 tpe)

A.
I think the best name in this series is definitely, without a doubt, Lonnie O'Donoghue. Cast your mind back to a time where all the hockey players had big mullets and mustaches. the double Ms so to speak. What name do those players have? Lonnie O'Donoghue. Every single one is named Lonnie O'Donoghue.

B.
I am speaking post-series, so I know the answer, but I think most would've said the same before the series started. The Whalers offense is too ridiculous to stop. They can roll 3 lines of scorers, and get contribution from their defensemen too. Whether it's line 1 or 3, it was going to be difficult for the best defense ever to stop them.

C.
Well, for starters, the Kraken got to play the 3rd seed instead of the 1st. However, regardless of the result, the Kraken were only a game away from the finals, and it came down to Redacted. If they were able to get Redacted out of his comfort zone more often, they would've fared better. For the Armada, it also comes down to the goalies, but had they pulled out a game 5 win in that close 4-3 game, it could've been a different story.

D.
I think it's easy to say that on the surface the Whalers mvp was Nifikorov, as he spearheaded a very strong offense by being the only player who managed to score above 40 points. At 54 points, he was the league's top scorer, and he showed his quality on the ice every time he played.

Task 15 (4 tpe): podcast link (sorry for squeaky chair)

task 16(3 tpe): gas

total:16 tpe

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 03:18 PM by Jayrome.)

Task #4 - 3 TPE

Brennan Huff hosted in the offseason a mini-putt tournament for children, with all profits going to the local children's hospital's charity. For a small sum, children could play 18 holes at a local mini putt, with the Knights right winger. If they got a hole in one at the last hole, Huff would match their fee to donate to the charity. The event saw teammates of the Kelowna forward such as Robert Feltersnatch, Cian McFelter and Vlastislav Malik. To open the event, the 4 players from Kelowna played against one another to entertain the younger ones. Feltersnatch was declared winner to the delight of the young fans present. The four Kelowna players also held a raffle in which they were picking four random names who would win one of the four player's jersey signed. The event was a success and it is expected to be done again next year, as agreed by Huff and his teammates.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

There's good and bad to take away from my rookie season. Statistically speaking, of course I would have preferred to do better. Not only talking in terms of points, but my plus/minus wasn't very impressive, and my GR was barely above 50. Now of course Kelowna had a young team this year, and I can see these stats getting better, but still. On the more positive side, my first year in Kelowna in terms of teammates and locker room was amazing. Playing with Malik, McFelter and Feltersnatch was really great and it was motivating to stay sharp on tasks and being active in the league. So overall, I'd say I did meet my expectations, as I simply wanted to be active enough to be considered for the SHL draft. Now for next season, I'll be looking to see a sharp increase in my stats, mostly GR and plus/minus. For that, I'll be working on the defensive aspects of my game.

Task #9 - 2 TPE

That is a tough matchup. On one side, I can see the vikings on a cliff, and outpowering the whales if the whales came into their environment. On the other side, if vikings fought whales in their environment (water), they'd get outpowered too. So it comes down another factor in my mind. Patience. As both camps would wait for their opponent to make the first move to outpower them, they'd have to find a food source. Vikings would have a limited food source, having to hunt and it would leave them weak and vulnerable. Whales, on the other hand, have an almost infinite food source of planktons and whatnot, giving them the upper hand if the Vikings ever jumped to the water.

Task #10 - 3 TPE

Kelowna was eliminated in the 2nd round pretty fast unfortunately, but this playoffs run left a lot of things to look for next season. The Knights were far from favorites in the first round, but they were victorious against all odds. Next season will see their young core of forwards way more SMJHL-ready, as well as some of their veteran defensive core staying. Plus, Kelowna has a lot of draft picks in this upcoming draft, so whoever gets picked in the S57 SMJHL draft will be interesting to follow along the S56 draftees. The late acquiring of Feltersnatch also gives the Knights some hope for the future at defense, and the arrival of a few new faces will show the SMJHL that Kelowna is going to be a fierce contender for the years to come. Sure, the Knights won't be at their peak next season, but this will be an interesting glimpse at at the upcoming dynasty.

Task #11 - 3 TPE

Kelowna had an amazing run in the playoffs, and getting to the 2nd round really sent us in the offseason with determination to train as hard as we can in the offseason. I had the honor of representing Finland in the WJC although I did not play a lot it was way better than sitting on the bench during this great event. Once we were eliminated, I started training with some of Kelowna's teammates, such as Feltersnatch, Malik and McFelter. After our first year of playing on the same line, we are working to improve our plays to really have a strong impact for Kelowna next season. In a more individual aspect, I'm working on my defensive play this offseason, hoping to block more shots and have more takeaways next season. I hope to see a strong increase in GR next season as well as plus-minus, as they are strong indicators that a line is playing well together.

Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE

Word : Trout

Total TPE = 16 (17 TPE, but max 16 TPE)

[Image: Ympmk6b.png]
[Image: KXQzCef.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png][Image: iB9r7kM.png]
Huge thanks to @Carpy48 and @sulovilen for the signature!

Task# 2 2 TPE
In Newfoundland we are so grateful for all the support that we’ve been given over the years. It’s meant the world to us, so naturally we had to honor the fans in the exact way that fans of The Berserkers should be rewarded. On the first home game of the season against the Carolina Kraken we handed out white shirts with a black and white Berserkers logo on it to every single person who attended the game. In addition we told fans to only wear cheap or worn down clothing to the game. Right before the puck was set to drop the lights go off and for Raining Blood begins to play. Then the machines come out, the machines of blood. Six crew workers come down from the ceiling on a massive catwalk armed with massive water dispensing machines, only they are filled with fake blood. We proceed to douse the entire crowd in the lower bowl with fake blood. What an amazing fan base.
Words: 165

Task# 3 2 TPE
Daniil Nikiforov and Mats Marner are no strangers to the SMJHL. Both have been facing off on the Ice for several seasons now as two of the best centers in the game but that comes to an end now. Mats Marner, a S54 player, could’ve gone up the SHL as soon as last season but ultimately he wanted to help Newfoundland to defend their Four Star Cup Championship and so he stayed down. How appropriate it is then that he should suffer defeat at the hands of Daniil Nikiforov, a long time rival, in the championship. Dnniil had arguably the best season of any player in the SMJHL this past season. Dominating with his versatile game and ultimately achieving in his 3rd year what Marner did in his 3rd. But unlike Marner, Nikiforov is not expected to stay with Vancouver for a 4th season. With the rivalry in the SMJHL coming to an end and the two players trading coasts in the SHL, I figured it would be appropriate to recount the time the two had to share a very uncomfortable booth in a McDonald’s. Following the award show last season both players concluded their press meetings very late. Starving they had to come to the same conclusion that many attendees had already come to at this late hour. The only place open would be the McDonald’s a block down from the theater. Mats and Daniil who only recognized each other as they entered the packed fast food restaurant then had to squeeze into a line without acknowledging the existence of one another. It is tough to pretend you are unaware of something. They both stare at their phones pretending that they are reading something even vaguely interesting. Finally Daniil gets to order and upon completion realizes that the restaurant has occupancy left for just one more free booth. Mats Marner realizes upon conclusion of his order that while no booth is free, there is one booth with someone he knows. Somehow it is less uncomfortable to sit with someone whom is a rival than to sit with a stranger. Marner reluctantly decides to sit down in Daniil’s booth. Normally either of them would pretend to not speak English to get out of such an encounter, but both spoke Russian so that was not going to fly. After 5 minutes of long silence, Daniil got up to get more ketchup. He asked if Marner wanted any but Marner declined the offer. Daniil sat back down and both continued to pretend that they were staring at something interesting on their phone.
Words: 430

Task# 5 3 TPE
LW – Roticus Scott(VAN) The dude is a playmaker on the offense and has enough defensive chops that he’s been a significant part of the Vancouver penalty kill. It’s not common to get a forward with a versatile skill set like that so when you get the chance you take it.
C – Mats Marner (NL) Similar reasoning here. Marner is a big power forward at the center position and has demonstrated a great ability to dish the puck out. He led the SMJHL in points the year prior and did pretty well this year too. He’s also got a lot of two way ability and mixed with that size, it makes him incredibly valuable on the ice.
RW – Liam Slate (NL) Liam isn’t a goal scorer but he’s probably the best playmaker across the two teams. He’s a puck distributing hurricane that in an alternate universe would’ve led the league in scoring. But it was not to be.
LD – Zebulan Leavitt (VAN) He’s got such a firm defensive game. He’s not the most physical player but he plays the game in such an intelligent way to reduce opportunities to the offense. He led Vancouver in +- with a +32 difference and played a huge part in creating the system that allowed Vancouver to become the champions.
RD – Jonas Khanwald (NL) When you want Quarterback of the powerplay you call Jonas Khanwald. He’s the definition of a two-way defenseman and he’s got one of the best offensive games you’ll see out of a defenseman in the J. His PP Quarterbacking was essential to Newfoundland reaching the finals.
G – Cale Amundsen (NL) This one was obvious. Cale Amundsen had 100 wins in the SMJHL in an era where they only played 50 games a season. He was the best goaltender in Season 56 so naturally he had to be the pick here.
Words: 309

Task# 8 3 TPE
I think I went above and beyond expectations. I was nearly a .5 PPG player and had a surprisingly versatile game considering how little defensive ability my player had at the beginning of the season. Ultimately I wish that I had scored more goals though. I did feel like I underperformed there even though I had 9 goals on a 10.47% shooting percentage. It’s just that my skills weren’t so different from many top offensive players from an offensive perspective and I thought that by being on a higher line with really good teammates I could potentially overcome my physical deficiencies. Ultimately the thing I really want to improve upon is my physical game. It’s time to get faster and stronger and skate with greater balance. In my opinion it was my deficiencies in these categories that led to me underperforming in the goal scoring department. If I can increase these numbers I may just be able to be one of the elite goal scorers in the league.
Words: 168

Task# 9 2 TPE
Berserkers obviously. Really think about the last time you saw whales coming out of the ocean with spears in their fins impaling humans left and right and then chopping them up to harvest their biological materials. It’s an absolute joke to even put these two in a competition with one another. In an actual fight between six whales and six Berserkers, the zerks would lure those blubber filled idiots onto land with their superior intellect. Then the zerks would proceed to maul those six idiots until the entire village had to eat whale meat for the rest of winter. Even if the berserkers had to fight in the sea, these are the same people that navigated the arctic ocean without radar, night vision, and a heater. If you think whales are safe in the water, think again guy.
Words: 138

Task# 10 3 TPE
Here is the truth about next season for The Newfoundland Berserkers. Things are going to be much harder and we are not really sure what comes next for this team. We lost a huge part of our core last season with the call ups of players like Ryuuji Minamino and Steve Harington. This off season we are going to lose Mats Marner, Cale Amundsen, and maybe more. On top of that we have got a GM change right now and I think we’re all unsure of exactly what comes next for the team. I think what we have to look forward to is our S56 draft class really coming into their own and the previous classes ascending to lead this team into the future. I think we can do it, but I do think that it will be at least a couple seasons before we are a real strong contender again.
Words: 151

Task# 11 3 TPE
I’m spending this off season back in Ireland and have a pint of the black stuff with my father. Ah yes how glorious. See it’s the first year I’ve ever spent away from the Emerald Isle. I’ve lived there all my life until now and I hadn’t quite realized how hard it was going to be to stay away. So, I’ve been drinking Guinness every day while I watch some of my games from this past season. Honestly, I’m not watching any games where I wasn’t good, that’s the kind of film breakdown we do in a coach’s office during the season. This is just for my own self indulgence and need to self-aggrandize. It’s been a disappointing conclusion to my first season. Losing in the finals to Vancouver really hurt. It was odd playing those games with my dad in the stands since he used to play for Vancouver. I wondered if there was any part of him that enjoyed seeing Vancouver win the Four Star Cup. Now I’m just focused on the draft. I’ve heard from some scouts and there are some teams that seem better than others. Just hoping it all works out. In the meanwhile, I’ll drink this Guinness.
Words: 203

Total TPE 18 max is 16. So TPE is 16

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Task #2 - 2 TPE 

For fan appreciation night next season in Maine, the Timber will be giving the first 400 lucky fans a commemorative Leo Bloomfield bobblehead. While it is common knowledge that the star goalie could be departing for the SHL this coming season, the Timber wanted to acknowledge his hard work and dedication to the community. Every unique bobblehead will be sequentially numbered and feature one inscribed historical fact in honor of the goalie-scholar extraordinaire, each coming from one of his always exciting Bloomey-History series entries. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so be sure not to miss out on this special giveaway! (104 Words)

Task #4 - 3 TPE 

[Image: KwTOc31.png]

Task #8 - 3 TPE 

My first season in the SMJHL was one of low expectations and mediocre results. I was lucky enough to be picked up as a free agent by the Maine Timber and able to play behind Leo Bloomfield as I learned with a backup role. This was definitely for the best considering I was one of the bottom 3 goalies in all of the SMJHL on average, and couldn’t stop a shot to save my life. I did start to get better towards the end of the season thanks to the brilliant coaching and management of CoA and Krash, eventually even looking like I could be a starter with some more time. I think I met my own expectations since they were incredibly low as a rookie, but I also was hoping to maybe post some better numbers and help out my team. I think the arrow is definitely pointing up for the future with both Maine and glorious Japan. (159 Words) 

Task #9 - 2 TPE 

This is a question that has befuddled scholars through the ages. But I think now, with current technology, we have a definitive answer. 90% of the time Berserkers would win, as they were proficient whalers during their peak, and this was recently documented for the masses in Assassins Creed Valhalla. HOWEVER, we must also realize that this was primarily small to medium size whales like humpbacks and beluga. If the berserkers ever wanted to hunt a blue whale, they would lose. Every time. The sheer size and ability to go deep if provoked would mean they would never win, and if it was an angry whale it could easily tear a longship in 2 with one breach. Thank you for coming to my TED talk. (125 Words) 

Task #11 - 3 TPE 

This is my first offseason in the SHL/SMJHL, so I’m not really sure what to be doing. As a former sumo wrestler, I try to get out on the town and enjoy the fresh seafood and take my mind off of where I could potentially end up. Realistically, there’s no shortage of Goalies in the SHL, so I am focusing on getting more familiar with and enjoying the great state of Maine. I actually saw there is amateur sumo wrestling downtown on Thursdays, so I think I’ll see if I can sneak into the open weight division and win some matches for old time’s sake. I just gotta make sure to not let my managers know, they wouldn’t like me risking injury in the offseason I’m sure! I don’t think I can help or hurt my draft stock at the moment so I’m just going to sit back and relax with my teamates just in case I don’t get to see them again in the locker room. (167 Words) 

Task #12 - 3 TPE 

Bigga Foryu is an interesting prospect in the S57 draft class. He hails from the glorious nation of Japan, which is not exactly a mecca for top tier prospects. However, coming in at 300 lbs (down from 650 during his sumo days), he is a MASSIVE human being who takes up a substantial piece of the net. He might not be the most proficient technically between the pipes, but during his rookie season he showed rapid improvement in his reactions and ability to make all kinds of shots. He still has a ways to go, but he has the physical tools which can’t be taught, and an iron will mentality that will carry him through bad games and back into hot streaks. The other thing potential teams can look forward to about Bigga is where he is coming from. They can safely assume that he will continue to grow into an eventual starting SHL goalie while at Maine with the spectacular management there to guide him. (166 Words) 

16 TPE Total

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

task 2 - 2 tpe

As part of a charity game, the Anchorage Armada paid homage to the K'enaht'ana, the indigenous tribes of which Anchorage is on. Part of this game saw 50/50s where the organization would donate to the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Also, Management surprised fans by releasing a special edition jersey featuring designs done by a local indigenous artist that showcased indigenous art on the signature Anchorage Armada freighter. Stickers and shirts were handed out, and photo ops with players were available for fans of all ages. The new General Manager was quoted saying that the core value of Alaskans was maintaining a strong community that could weather any storm.

task 9 - 2 tpe

I think the Vikings would very easily win. these dudes could legit post up on a cliff or something and just shoot at the bloodlust whales because they're fucking stupid and would probably just sit at the surface because they're dumb. in the 9th and 10th centuries, Vikings apparently hunted whales off the coast of Tromso, and Vikings from Norway specifically introduced a lot of techniques for hunting whales. Ancient Norwegian documents also tell tales about whale hunting. These Vikings would use the meat to feed a community for days on end and would use their bones to make combs and board games. I hate whales.

task 11 - 3 tpe

i am most looking forward to interacting with the interested teams in the SHL. Every new team brings a group of possible friends and an even larger slew of opportunities. it obviously isn't great to be eliminated, but the offseason brought the surprise of being selected for the WJC Finland team, which was pretty cool, considering I am probably one of the lower talent players on the roster. I'll definitely be taking time to scout out the upcoming crop of talent and looking at how they can improve our shot at the 4-star cup. We, Anchorage, have a lot of players that may be taking the next step up to the big leagues, so it's absolutely necessary to acquire the best talent possible. With all that aside, I'm also keeping time to improve as a player, and as a human. Grinding out the gym and the new call of duty at the same time isn't easy work.

task 12 - 3 tpe

Tokkulu Lakkamaa spent his time this season in the SMJHL, and is boasting his improvement in nearly every aspect of his game. It's very easy to see how every facet of him as a player has improved compared to how he started at the beginning of the season. Lakkamaa has a great hold on the game on both sides of the ice and has only improved when it comes to the fundamentals that got him drafted by Anchorage, such as his passing, and his puck handling. In addition, he has improved on his separating speed, allowing to blaze past players off a breakout pass. Its clear to see that if he continues to improve at this pace, he can very easily be one of the faster players in the league. Tokkulu Lakkamaa might need another season or two in the SMJHL, as he failed to produce at a decent pace this year with only 9 points in 50 games played. However, he showed up with greater impact in the playoffs, scoring 5 points in 16 games.

task 10 3 tpe

Anchorage got eliminated in the semis to Newfoundland. Bummer. Unfortunately it seems as though Anchorage will be regressing by losing a great number of high impact players. Anchorage should hopefully look to their past draft class of players to improve in an effort to have their offensive corps improve as a whole. Since the Armada are possibly losing a couple of defenders such as Lazer and Biscuit, they may need to acquire a good couple of defenseman, and possibly a goalie to keep their playoff hopes alive. I've said this before but players such as Tokkulu Lakkamaa and Pablo Salvatici will need to improve on getting on the board, as their combined performance in the playoffs and regular season simply isn't enough if a team wants to challenge for the four star. The Anchorage Armada also has recently acquired a new General Manager, so it will be interesting to see if a new vision is what the team needs.

task 8 - 3 tpe

in terms of regular-season performance, I thought Tokkulu Lakkamaa had a pretty pathetic first season, as it took over 30 - 40 games to register his first goal. Lakkamaa scored at less than a point per 5 games, which isn't very good for a player drafted at his rank. Luckily, in the post-season Lakkamaa stepped it up by a great deal, improving from 9 points in 50 games to 5 points in 16. He also cut his giveaways per game in half and doubled his shot percentage. Improvements in his offensive game were also prevalent, as he hopped up by 7 points in offensive game rating and 3 overall game rating points. He was also a plus 5 throughout the playoffs. I definitely wished that he played like he did in the post season during the regular season, as it was honestly disheartening to perform at the rate that he did at the start.

16/16

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Task #4: Before the season had begun the Quebec City Citadelles decided to host a team bake sale to help raise funds to improve the lives of their fellow citizens, and to also get fans excited for the upcoming Season 56 SMJHL season. Following a strong and fun year, despite the Citadelles falling short of their goal to win a cup, the team still received strong fan support. The Citadelles wanted to keep this level of fan enthusiasm high, so they decided to host another food based challenge, but this time a chili cook off! The team split off into groups of 5 and each competed to create the best chilli out there, in which the fans would be the deciding vote. Whichever group of players won decided which charity all the proceeds from the event would go to! At the end of the event though, every team ended up getting a flat 20% of the vote so everyone won! Yay!

Task #5 - Let's start from the net out, and this one is going to be an easy one. In net I’d have Vancouver goalie Jon St. Ark, who posted an impressive 1.62 goals against average and a save percentage of .930% throughout the season. Ark was unarguably the best goalie in the SMJHL this season, and is a big part of Vancouver's team.

On defence I’d have Newfoundland Berserker left defenceman Jonas Kahnwald, and on the right I would take Vancouver right defenceman Johnny Shuffleboard. Both of these players led their respective teams defensive cores in points, and ate a bunch of ice time while playing solid defence.

At left wing I would take Rotticus Scott from the Whalers, Scott had a strong season putting in 14 goals, 25 assists for a total of 39 points while also playing a lot of PP and PK time. He’d be a good all around player for the all star team we’re assembling.

At center I’d take the SMJHL leading scorer, Daniil Nikiforov. Nikiforov had a very impressive season putting up 23 goals and 31 assists for 54 points in 50 games. He’s the obvious choice to center this team.

Finally at right wing I’d take Liam Slate from Newfoundland, Slate would fit in well with Scott and Nikiforov as he is also a dominant winger in the SMJHL. Slate had a great season and also put up power play minutes in bunches.

Task #6:
It’s hard to predict what would have happened had the matchup been switched around, and at the end of the day the two clear best teams in the regular season and in the SMJHL made it to the cup finals. I do believe that had the matchups been changed, maybe some different teams manage to slip into the next round. For example, had my team the Quebec City Citadelles played the Detroit Falcons or the St Louis Scarecrows instead of the Colorado Raptors, there was a better chance we would have made it though to the next round based on each teams regular season performance. Same goes for almost every other team though, had Anchorage been made to play a team like the Maine Timber or Quebec, there might have been a better chance of them losing in the first round. Really it’s impossible to predict, but it would be an interesting experiment to run if possible to see how parity really affects the SMJHL.

Task #8: Mikael Koskinen had a very slow start to his SMJHL career, not putting up any points in their first ten or so games. However after a bit of practice and training, and simultaneously getting more ice time slowly but surely Koskinen ended the season much more hot than he started. In the S56 SMJHL Regular season Koskinen ended up putting up 5 goals, 6 assists for a total of 11 points in 49 games. For a role player who played most of the season shifting between the third and fourth lines, while averaging around 12:00 minutes a game, Koskinen had a pretty decent season to build upon in the future. In fact, Koskinen had an extremely average season for a rookie ending with a media graded 53 offensive rating, and a 50 defensive rating while only giving the puck up 9 total times while taking the puck away 3 times. Koskinen seemed to have found his offensive side of the game towards the end of the year, but defence needs to improve going into next season.

Task #9:
Okay, finally a good question. In my opinion the Berserkers murk the hyper aggressive whales no problem. When you consider the Whales are stuck in the water while the Berserkers can roam on land and also utilize boats and spears, it’s hard to see the whales coming out with the W. Realistically the Whales might be super aggressive and might go after their boats should the Berserkers use them, but when they’re getting 30 spears in the face while trying to go up and take them down it’s game over for them. If the Whales had human level intelligence though, then that’s a game changer because a coordinated whale attack would be legendary.

Task #14 - (100 words): Congrats to the Vancouver Whalers for winning the Four-Star Cup in the 56th Season of the SMJHL! The 3 keys to the Wahlers success was as follows:

Goaltending: Jon St. Ark was next level for Vancouver throughout the regular season, and that persisted into the playoffs and the Four-Star Cup finals.

Scoring: Led by regular season leading scorer Daniil Nikiforov, Vancouver’s firepower was never in doubt as they dominated statistically during the season.

Advanced Stats: Even though the index is horrible for advanced stats, you can still get a grasp of how good Vancouver was as a team when it comes to dominating play and possession.

Overall Vancouver was just a very strong team and they were able to continue regular season momentum into the playoffs!

16/16

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 10:52 PM by Ruggsy.)

#2: The item would be a Yanno Rosejac bobblehead. Extra bobbly because his head is so fast when he watches the puck. We would have this event during a detroit game because of how easily we will crush them. It would be yanno in a beautiful home jersey, with an old school hockey mask covered in blood. It would be given to anyone who who pledges allegiance to the dinogang at the door, at least while supplies last. The main reason for the bobblehead is to commemorate the entire rookie year of Yanno, who continues to improve and impress the players, management and fans. 

#4: The biggest charity event of the year for Ruggs McOoooh was the all new Colorado Raptors Scubathon. Where we took a local museum and completely filled it with water, then we auction off tickets to our biggest fans. Such a stupid idea obviously cost a lot of money for each space, leading to artificial demand of the tickets which skyrocketed in days. In the end the tickets were bought out by mainly tik tok stars who spent the whole time taking selfies with the artwork and wealthy oil barons who were too important to get into full scuba gear and drank whiskey in the outdoor lounge instead. In the end the event raised 10 million dollars profit which was donated to the Rafters for Raptors initiative which funds the building of homes for families that are in need. Rafters for Raptors has helped build or fix homes for victims of natural disasters, fires, immigrants, and anyone generally down on their luck.

#8 Overall I was very happy with my rookie year. As a defensive defenseman its sometimes hard to judge how your doing unless the stats really are jumping out. Offensively I only had 12 points, 2 being goals but defensively I think I was exactly on mark. Two of the stats I am particularly happy with are takeaways and hits. I had 33 takeaways which put me in the lead for Colorado. This is important to me because as a player I am trying to be a star killer, not just blocking their shots but taking the puck away completely and eliminating and possible chance. I was 2nd in hits, but behind only Juni Panda who is untouchable in the stat. This one I wouldn’t say is as important to where I want to be as a player. But I cant argue with smashing some heads in. Going forward some things I would like to see increase are my assists, right now almost all of my skill is in defense but im hoping in the offseason I can work on things like my passing and speed to help me convert and create offensive chances. With one fight loss I’d also like to redeem myself next season and win one (Coming for you Granny). 

#9 This isn’t even a hard question. You said the variables are up to us but you’ve already stated some facts that predetermine the result. First we need to think about where they will be fighting. Vikings are obviously better on land then in the sea, but they can at least manage on the sea. Whales would be much better in the sea because when they get on land they cant do a damn thing. But whales generally dont go on land because they are smart. The main thing you said that determines this is that you said the whales are hyper-aggressive. So they would be the initiators of the battle. A typical pod can have up to 30 members. I think a “hyper-aggressive” whale could easily take down a long ship and when you have 30 whales good luck vikings.

This year was a really good start of new things for colorado. We got a great group of rookies in, including myself, and things were really looking like it could be the year for us to win the cup. Sadly as the season went on it became more and more apparent that we weren’t performing as we had originally hoped so management made the decision that we would be selling some players for picks. Although even with this loss of some big roster players, Colorado was able to get into the 2nd round of the playoffs and at least put up a decent showing. This was a great feeling because it showed that we were still in a place to be contending, while gaining the picks to help bring in talent for seasons to come. As someone who witness great drafting by Birdman and Jumbo I cant wait to see who they decide to bring into the team. It’s a great time to be a dino. 

#11 This offseason is mostly going to be spent cuba diving for rare artifacts. As well as playing pool. Pool is the most is the most important offseason sport for McOoooh because it helps him perfect his stick checking. While most players spend their time on the golf course to keep their shot in line. Ruggs is out in the deepest parts of Ireland hustling as stick checks the balls into the ball holes. Besides this the majority of training time is spent either punching bags of vegan meat or practicing skating with Irelands top speedsters. After a healthy IIHF world juniors tournament Ruggs got some healthy introductions into the world of unsanctioned Ireland hockey, propelling him into the scene of the ski mask wearing underground hockey fiesta and helping him keep in shape. In terms of community outreach, besides the Colorado Raptor Scubathon, Ruggs has been fervently active in helping to provide food and volunteers to the local shelters in the area.

16/16
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 10:50 PM by Ruggsy.)

delete pls
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 12:49 AM by Snuffalupagus.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE

Code:
Many people know that the Battleborn fanbase is one of the most loyal and diverse groups in the entire SMJHL. A fact made apparent when you skim the crowd at one of the Nevada games. Your eyes are greeted with a multitude of fantastic shirtless folks each with colourful body tattoos - just like the battleborn folks of ages past - the Bravehearts, the Vikings, the... Tattooed... People.

The Nevada Battleborn skaters thought of an idea to pay back the fans for the support the team had received over the successful (Division champs!) season.

Each Battleborn player tattooed a different fan's name across their face until each season ticket holder's name was written across an eye, between the 'brows, or on the lip. Some critics deemed the appreciation too dramatic a gesture to thank the fans, but the players, in response, tattooed the names of the critics on their face.

The fans loved it.

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Code:
Every season, the SMJHL players look forward to working with a variety of charities around the world - from Third World countries, to being part of the soup line in a homeless shelter.  This season is no different for rookie Rob Wright who looks to help out at his local children's hospital.

"Yeah, it was pretty simple. I'd heard that those little tykes like video games, so I stole my son's Switch and brought it down to the kid's wing here at the hospital."

The children's wing of the hospital was soon a cacophony of screams of laughter and joy. Nurses and other hospital staff take notice.

"Mr. Wright didn't have an appointment or anything. He just showed up and sat down in the centre of the room with a video game console. The kids sorta crowded around him and-- well. That's what happened." A nurse, Rachett, said.

This event has brought a lot of joy and hope into these childrens lives. To make matters more generous, on his way out of the children's hospital, Rob Wright dropped a bunch of money on the ground - about 500 dollars in 10s and 5s - for the children? Whether this was merely an accident or just anonymous generosity, this reporter knows that he just got his lunch money.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
Code:
Rob Wright sits down with us for a minute to chat about how his first season in the SMJHL was.

"I guess we can start with draft day. It was a whirlwind. You know, the nights leading up to the draft, I don't think I slept at all. More often than not, I'd roll over in bed, find my dog, and take him for a walk - you know, clear my head. Luckily, the day came and went and it was a breeze."

Wright was drafted 2nd overall by the Nevada Battleborn.

"The first day in the locker room, I don't think I'd ever been more excited. Buddy over there, Johns-3, he's a rookie too. We got pretty close over the year."

Wright smashes a plate on the ground.

"Plate fight!"

As for Rob Wright's season: he finished 5th last in team scoring with 16 points (5-11-16). Wright was limited to an average of 9:26 a night.

"The season overall was not that great for me. I kinda lost sight of who I was" Wright whips a plate across the room "I lost control too many nights. I think I had something like 40 penalty minutes? I'm hoping to rein it in next season."

Task #9 - 2 TPE
Code:
To answer this question, we must first answer the overall question, what is man? Is man just a bag of skin and raw emotions? Or is man a beast? A virile, veracious, hungry animal who gives into his baser instincts?

I believe man is a beast.

So, does a beast beat a fish? Common sense would tell you: yes, yes of course. I mean, humans have made an entire career out of catching stupid fish and feeding them to people around the world. And not to mention Sea World? I think it's pretty clear who's wearing the pants between Berserkers and Whales.

But guess what. They're NOT  the Vancouver Whales. They're the WHALERS. THE PEOPLE WHO KILL WHALES.

The Whalers would win in a fight between Vikings and Fisherman. Harpoons baby.

Task #13 - 4 TPE
Code:
A) Dwayne Gretzky is my pick for best name. The name is prestigious enough - I mean, it's friggin' Gretzky. Plus, If you say it quickly and confidently enough, people assume you're saying "Wayne". Then you make FOOLS of them, and if that's not the best thing a name can do, I don't know what is.

B) Turns out the Berserkers cannot contain the offensive firepowwa of the Whalers. While the series was close, with each team showing dominating powers, Vancouver was able to edge out the lords of Newfoundland and now we're left with the fiery Vancouver Whalers squad! Although I believe each team scored the same amount of goals over the course of the playoffs - 60.

C) Well, you're not going to like this answer, but what went right for Carolina and Anchorage was the total annihilation of the SHL. It was one of those dinosaurs-and-the-comet things, but instead of dinosaurs, it was the entire professional league. So, with no call-ups, Carolina and Anchorage would've been able to field the most competitive teams from the previous

D) It's hard not to mention Daniil Nikiforov for the Vancouver Whalers. Kid had a dominating season leading his team in points, going 23-31-54 over 50 games. Shoutouts to both Jon St. Ark and Name Redacted who performed as one of the best goalie tandems in the Juniors. Newfoundland's success in the season was largely from Cale Amundsen, the goalie. He racked up 25 wins and gave the Berserkers a shot.

Trivia - 2.5 TPE:
Code:
wetbutt

^^^my word.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn