Create Account

Rookie Tasks Announcement!

11-12-2020, 03:04 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-12-2020, 02:59 PMMutedfaith Wrote: Might as well just give them the 1m for free then.

I mean... are you taking issue with new rookies getting some extra help when starting out?

As an SMJHL GM you should know that its difficult for a good number of people who are new to sim leagues to get some money in the beginning. This is something that gets them some help while not overwhelming the graphics team. This also isn't the first of its kind when it comes to sim leagues, both the PBE and ISFL have something similar. I'm just having a really hard time grasping your issue here.

I might be putting words in his mouth but maybe he just meant to just skip the task and give the money anyway after completing everything else? I personally dont care if people submit something low effort tho.

My entire existence is low effort and meaningless so i know what im talking about

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-12-2020, 03:39 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
11-12-2020, 03:04 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I mean... are you taking issue with new rookies getting some extra help when starting out?

As an SMJHL GM you should know that its difficult for a good number of people who are new to sim leagues to get some money in the beginning. This is something that gets them some help while not overwhelming the graphics team. This also isn't the first of its kind when it comes to sim leagues, both the PBE and ISFL have something similar. I'm just having a really hard time grasping your issue here.

I might be putting words in his mouth but maybe he just meant to just skip the task and give the money anyway after completing everything else? I personally dont care if people submit something low effort tho.

My entire existence is low effort and meaningless so i know what im talking about

I'm not sure I understand, but players get an extra 1 million upon completion of all the other tasks if that's what you meant

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

11-12-2020, 03:04 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-12-2020, 02:59 PMMutedfaith Wrote: Might as well just give them the 1m for free then.

I mean... are you taking issue with new rookies getting some extra help when starting out?

Not at all. Im saying that it doesnt make sense to limit the payout for the graphic they submit to 125k, excluding the 1m. Why make them jump through the hoop of submitting graphics just for the sake of submitting a graphic that will not get graded? If we dont want graphics people to be overburdened, find something that makes more sense to give them 1m for.

Because with this task you:
- Punish people who dont like to do graphics, by making them submit something to claim their 1m. U less youre literally saying just submit like a stick figure. 
- Punish people who do like doing graphics by not judging their graphics on their effort and skills

Im all for this idea of rookie tasks. But Im against half-assing them.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

11-12-2020, 04:19 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
11-12-2020, 03:39 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: I might be putting words in his mouth but maybe he just meant to just skip the task and give the money anyway after completing everything else? I personally dont care if people submit something low effort tho.

I'm not sure I understand, but players get an extra 1 million upon completion of all the other tasks if that's what you meant

Adding another million on completion to still make it 9 mil.

But again i was just speculating on what muted meant.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 07:43 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

11-12-2020, 06:37 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
11-12-2020, 04:19 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I'm not sure I understand, but players get an extra 1 million upon completion of all the other tasks if that's what you meant

Adding another million on completion to still make it 9 mil.

But again i was just speculating on what muted meant.

Ah I see, thank you for clarifying. For what it's worth, the reason we (and tbh it was somewhat controversial internally) pushed to include a graphic requirement was to help rookies develop a potential interest in more aspects of the site that can help their involvement. Both articles and graphics are the most common forms of gaining income, besides jobs of course, and this way rookies get their feet wet with other ways to make money that they may not have realized they enjoy. We aren't asking for a Mona Lisa but we also want at least a little more effort than a basic MS Paint stick figure, something to show reasonable effort. While podcasts are also a possible route for income, asking people to record themselves is potentially invasive to their privacy that they may wish to protect. So that's why podcasts are an alternative option while not being required for a different task.

Also you are not low effort and meaningless, you are wonderful and appreciated <3

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

So I can do this this season?

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

11-14-2020, 12:39 PMDemolish Wrote: So I can do this this season?
That would have been nice but apparently we would put too much workload on the graders.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

Where do I claim this? this forum is not very well organized when it comes to trying to find the proper pages...

11-17-2020, 10:55 AMDApolloS Wrote: Where do I claim this? this forum is not very well organized when it comes to trying to find the proper pages...

[Image: bruh.png]

[Image: lespoils.gif]

here are some of mine:

player update page, https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=113395

activity check #358, https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114446

purchased training, https://simulationhockey.com/bankaccount.php?uid=5372

Completed rookie survey

Task 1
Task 2
Task 3

[quote pid='2934653' dateline='1605028896']
Ambrosia Snow sim recap- All other rookie tasks approved in my update thread. 

Colorado Raptors @ Great Falls Grizzlies, 2/4 stream. 266/150 words. 

[/quote]
Right off the bat facing Colorado, the Great Falls Grizzlies made their presence felt with a goal 34 seconds in. They would continue to dominate possession and shots throughout the first several minutes of the game, grabbing 12 shots on goal in the first 10 minutes. Colorado consistently struggles with picking up the penalties, and this translated into many strong looks for Great Falls. The Grizzlies would take a 1-0 lead into the first intermission, but lead the shot count 21-2. The Grizzlies would continue to press the advantage in the second period, However, Colorado would find the net (for the first time all season against the Grizzlies) to tie the game at one apiece. Both sides would strike again in the second, but it would take until the final minute for Great Falls to pull ahead. In the final frame, Colorado’s Sanjuro Tsubaki would tie it 3-3, and despite a 36-16 shot advantage for Montana’s favorite sons, the teams would remain tied at three each- until Lewis HamiltonIsBlessed would find his mark, and score what would turn out to the winning goal for the Grizzlies. Great Falls would successfully defend home ice with a 4-3 victory and extend the season lead over Colorado to 3-0. To the credit of the Raptors, this was the first time in three games that they had been able to find the back of the net against Brick Wall- and they did so with consistency, scoring three goals in 25 shots. The Grizzlies' overwhelming offensive press was too much, however, and the bears continue their playoff push with a victory.