Create Account

S57 Interested Prospects Thread

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
I joined the ISFL a few months back (when it was still the NSFL) and currently GM the Austin Copperheads.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Quite a bit.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
I spend most of my day working in IT. After that I tend to hang out with my wife @Kyamprac and dog Murphy. I've been playing a lot of multiplayer stuff lately; Among Us, Minecraft, Golf With Your Friends etc. Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips are my jam. I've been forced into Edmonton Oilers fandom; Kya said she'd cheer for the Minnesota Vikings if I adopted the Oilers. It's been ok so far.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-4, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Honestly, it depends on which team(s) I end up on. I'll likely work with both my J and Majors team GMs to decide what I should do.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
I use it more than I'd like to admit.

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
I'm up for whatever, to be honest. I hung out in Vancouver as a DFA for the playoffs, and that was a lot of fun. Everyone I've met so far has been pretty cool, so I don't imagine I'd have trouble wherever I wind up.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
I just want to reiterate that this will be my secondary league; I intend to do as many tasks as possible, but I'm not certain I'll be earning money on a regular basis. I should be a pretty average earner.

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?
I don't think I've played Smash since N64, rofl. I think I played Link the most followed by Luigi, Fox, and Samus.

Share your best joke or meme
Working in IT makes this one feel real on a personal level.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

Define experience?

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Anywhere between absolute zero and 100%.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Working, playing games, reading, playing with my kids, and/or making music. I like all kinds of games. Better Made Barbecue Chips. Detroit Red Wings. :eyes:

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-4, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
3-4, depending on SHL team needs.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
Sure do. Nictox#0016

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
That would be a fun scenario wouldn't it? Me a Falcon? In reality I do not mind where I play, I enjoyed the rivalry Tig and I had going on.

I will be drafted in the second round of the SHL entry draft.

That's a tough one. I really enjoy Little Mac.

The Detroit Falcons have won the Four Star Cup.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 01:00 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

#A-Rye Izzy
Profile - *HERE*

Hello!

Just the SHL (been here since S34)

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
I'd guess it will be allot

I have a pet tiger named #Kitty and my dad was a good player in the SHL.

3 full seasons

Yes sir

Im not sure Detroits a natural fit for me, that said if i was selected by the Falcons i would represent this great historic franchise as best i could.

Should be a good class! lots of luck in the draft Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I have been part of the SHL for almost 4 years, I have also been on ISFL, GOMHL, PBE, and several other smaller sim league sites of the years. I am currently active here and ISFL.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Entirely too much... I spend a fair bit of time in HO chat, GM chat, and team discords every day, I work on managing the server that hosts our site and I am part of the rookie mentors team. My activity level is extremely high.

I work from home mostly these days, I like gaming, lately I've played a fair bit of Among Us and Phasmophobia, but I like all sorts of games. My favorite chip is lightly salted lays with some jalapeno dip. I'm a big Canucks fan, I follow the team pretty closely and used to have season tickets.

I'd bet around 3 seasons, but there are a lot of factors, it depends who drafts me in the SHL mostly though. If they need me faster I'd spend 3 seasons in the J, if they aren't in a rush probably 4.

I am on discord constantly, always happy to chat on there.

I have some close connections with Detroit, Nour and Tig I would consider good friends of mine on the site and I know so many others who have been involved in Detroit management over the years. It would be a top 3 destination for me.

Tig is a smelly jerk face who stinks real bad, you should draft me over him Tongue

Link

What do you call a dinosaur that takes care of it's teeth?

A Flossiraptor

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Do you have any previous sim league experience?  I had a brief player in S53 before grad school took over my life. 

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? I plan to set a side a couple hours a week for the SHL so that I can do my best to be an active and participating player. My schedule is more open now so I have plenty of time to allocate to SHL

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Im into music, which I studied in college. I love photography. I love board games I personally own 80 different games but between everyone in my family we have close to 200. I am into tabletop games such as Warhammer 40k and X-Wing. Also big into Magic the Gathering. I am a bay area kid so I am a die hard SJ Sharks fan.  

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-4, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? I would like to spend around 4 seasons in the J but if the team needs me for a 5th I wouldn't object.  

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? I am well aquatinted with discord as its my main communication with many of my friends. 

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? As far as a team locker room im looking for a group that likes to have fun but is also striving to be the best players they can. 
Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? My goal for this career is to be a player that is reliable and that a team can count on. 

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? Yoshi is my main, with Corrin as a second, and Dr. Mario/Terry as my pocket picks. And Jigglypuff as my guilty pleasure when im feeling spicy. I used to play competitively back in Smash 4 days also with yoshi and corrin.   

here are some of my go to dad jokes. Whats brown and sticky? A stick. Whats a sheep with no arms and legs? A cloud. What did the farmer say to the other farmer? Hey! We're Farmers. What did the farmer say to the tractor on his roof? Get down.

1 year in ISFL where I'm currently a GM. about 6 months in PBE.

Enough to earn most PTs and do all training I can afford.

Sim league crap. don't judge me. uhh my favorite game changes a lot. I always go back to Dead By Daylight.
Sour cream and cheddar
STARS!

It doesn't really matter either way to me.

All too often.

An active and fun lr that will remind me to do tpe tasks.

I will be a mid - high earner but won't do too much to earn money

FALCON PUNCH

dude I'm not funny, don't ask me Smile

I have a little bit of SHL experience, but I don't partake in any other SIM leagues other than a GM league.

I'm pretty much always around. Discord on the phone and I can access SHL while at work.

Work a 9-5 job. Go home and cook supper and clean up. After that it is usually a mix of TV/Movies/Video games unless something is going on that evening. I play a lot of OSRS, and dabble with Xbox with my buddies (mainly Chel, Warzone, Battlefield, Rocket League right now). It's hard for me to pick a favorite chip, I am a big chip guy. But some of my tops would be pretty much any Ruffles flavour, Doritos Sweet Chili Heat or Jalapeno, Miss Vickies Salt & Vinegar. Favorite NHL team is the Canadiens.

Most likely 3-4. 2 is probably too little nowadays with FHM, 5 would be too many. I'll be optimistic on my development and say 3.

I use discord and am fairly active.

I'll pretty much play for any junior team. I've heard good things about the Falcon's LR so that would be cool.

I'm willing to go to any team. Almost 0% chance I go inactive. I would prefer to play at Center but if there is a logjam I will earn my spot.

I've never personally owned Smash Bro's and as such am an awful player. Usually I pick Kirby for that reason. He's easy to use.

This is too much pressure. I have a pretty dry sense of humour, I need a setup to drop a dad joke or something.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

I am a GM in the PBE. I am also in the ISFL. 

I am planning to be a pretty good active. I might miss an occasional TPE task or two, but I plan to get most of it done. 

I spend a lot of time watching TV and reading. School kicks my ass, but I have enough time for sim leagues. I really like OOTP and city builder games. I like martins BBQ chips a lot. I am a big capitals fan!

I really do not care. Whatever is best for my SHL and SMJHL team. 

I am always on discord. I plan to be pretty active all things considered. 

I was a DFA on the falcons and my experience was enjoyable. I have no objections about potentially going back. 

Im here to have a good time. I want to help out my fellow teammates and be the best player I can be. 

Kirby. 

Why do the Scottish always wear kilts?

A sheep can hear a zipper from a mile way.

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Yes

Plenty enough,

R6 Siege, BBQ chips are great, but also enjoy plaing salted ones. NJ Devils.

Probably 4 or 5 seasons.

Yes

Maybe

I use light mode on the site.

do not play that.

[Image: 5abf402c7431d.jpeg]

[Image: lebbish.gif]

ISFL and SCFSL

enough to max earn 

I pretend to work from home and play crusader kings. I like sour cream and onion or bbq chips. I'm a caps fan

don't care. 

cool with it

Looking for a team where I already know people so do y'all have ISFL people? 

Cloud or Roy 

saving it for after the draft 

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Do you have any previous sim league experience? i am in The NSFL.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] at a minimum, enough to earn TPE to upgrade my player. I've got some time to spare, but real life is about to get hectic for a bit.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? play Destiny 4 on PS4. My favorite teams are The Jets and Flames.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-4, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? however much time it takes before I can get a full time spot at the next level.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? I do.

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? somewhere where people don't take things too seriously and where I can get regular playing time. I have no interested sitting in a press box every other night.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? nope

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

Yeah.

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

all of it.

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

Not much since I'm in full lockdown again, play games, watch movies. Philadelphia Flyers.

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-4, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

Idk, 4 seasons.

[b]Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

Yes, Ruihu#7327

[b]If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?[/b]

Sure dude, why not.

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

I'm having bacon draft morning.

[b]Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?[/b]

Is fox still good? probably fox.

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

pass.

I've had 3 players in the SHL, one HOFer. Outside of that, not much, especially not recently.

At least 40 hrs, my girlfriend and I have pretty opposite work schedules, so during the week I have lots of free time.

Sleep. Work. Nap. Then SHL & PS4. I like playing RPGs, been on a major JRPG kick lately.

Ultimately I understand it's out of my control (mostly), and I think it'll come down to how successful I am in junys. I'd like to win a 4-Star Cup, never won one with my previous three players, but at the same time the goal is the SHL. So in all honesty, I'd probably be aiming to be in the SHL as soon as possible. Now I know, just from looking at the TPE totals on SHL teams that it's gonna take a while no matter what I want, so I am prepared to spend quite a bit of time in junys. I'm not one to argue, I'll go along with what all parties think is best, but in the interest of full disclosure I am going to do everything in my power to make it to the SHL sooner rather than later.

I do, occasionally. I don't always have it open, and if I drop in at a time when no one is online I don't wait around until someone comes by, but if I happen to swing by during a good discussion I do enjoy it.

I am more than willing to play anywhere I'm drafted, so yes I certainly have interest in being a Falcon. And the team looks poised to make the next big step, which is very exciting to me.

Not that I can think of at the moment.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 04:38 PM by Seymour.)

Code:

I have some Football sim experience but I am still new to this sim league stuff but I am loving it.

6+ hours a week easily - got a lot of free time due to rona.

Working most days during the day or playing games like Madden, COD, Tarkov. I am a hopeful Leafs fan - THIS IS OUR YEAR BAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEE lol.

Since I am still new to this sim stuff I don't think I can really answer this question properly but I would probably aim for the average amount and base my decision off advice given to me once I have a team.

SeymourSnatches#8493

I am looking to join a tight-knit group that enjoys the game and likes to see each other succeed.

I like doing graphics and media for fun so expect a lot of new content!

Minecraft Steve

What do you call a dinosaur fart? A blast from the past

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes, here.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] Depends on what I am doing. If I am doing a job, lots. If I am not, then you'll find me reasonably active on a daily basis.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Work, BBQ chips, Flyers, current favorite game: Farcry 5

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-4, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? 2 or 3 seasons. I figure any team will wanna season me a bit especially if there's a logjam of skilled recreates.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? Yes I do.

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? I don't mind learning how to SKREE.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? SKREE?

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? I am a nerd but not this big.

Share your best joke or meme Best Joke: Minnesota wins the Challenge Cup